Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search
Productive and a fun place to work
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2017
The day started by reviewing our production sheets with our fellow employees, they will take over where we left off at. I've learned a lot there. Miss that company very much. The management was terrific. The company in general made you feel like you were working with family. the wasn't really a hardest part of any job. Most enjoyable part of the job every year Mary Kay Corporation would rent out Six Flags Over Dallas for the employees.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday and anniversary
Cons
Fun and sometimes Challenging work place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of me making reminder calls to potential customers. I would make certain that I had the correct skin types for each potential client. I would also make certain that I had snacks, water, and hostess for each gathering. Some parties were very successful and other times people would not even show up. Overall this was a nice experience for me, sometimes it was profitable and other times it felt like the parties were purely for promotion of the items.
Pros
I designed my own schedule.
Cons
inconsistent funds
Independent Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13205March 19, 2017
As an "Independent" Beauty Consultant, you are your own Boss, make your own hours.
You design your day on how you want your business to run. Making calls to schedule and verify appointments, holding appointments.
I love meeting new people, networking and holding appointments.
The women in Mary Kay (working with) is not like any other. We are encouraging, motivating and helping others up the "ladder" of success.
Since I am a people person, I love sitting with men and women - teaching them about skin care - and watch the change that is happening when they fall in love with the product the very first time using it.
Pros
Mary Kay is one of the top companies to work with
Cons
you are your own boss and you must be desciplined
My insight!
Independent Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I've been a Mary Kay Consultant for seven year's now and I enjoy working for the company. I love enhancing my own beauty and being a Consultant allows me to receive discounts on my own personal products as well. My goal is to empower my client's. In spite of, I enjoy building every client self-'esteem and helping my client's to achieve healthy looking skin. The hardest part of my job is getting out in the field to obtain new client's because everyone don't obtain knowledge about the benefits of Mary Kay skin and body care products. Therefore, it is my duty to show people why Mary Kay is beneficial for everyone. I've learned how to build rapports with different types of people and I've learned that everyone do not use a daily regimen.
Fulfilling Career
Independent Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCMarch 13, 2017
Mary Kay is a very fulfilling and exciting career. The sister consultants are supportive, positive and encouraging. Earning potential is unlimited, prizes are rewards are numerous, and goals are celebrated in fantastic and fun ways. It is the ultimate pink bubble that seems almost too good to be true.
Pros
Encouragement, free training, unlimited earning potential
Cons
Inventory is strongly reccomended
Made for women with busy schedules
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Mary Kay is a sales organization that provides cosmetics and other beauty supplies to consumers. The products are sold by home-based independent consultants who often use in-home sales "parties" to make presentations. Consultants also attempt to recruit others into the business as a means of increasing their own revenues. A career as a Mary Kay consultant offers a number of possible benefits as well as challenges.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Guaranteed Income
Mary Kay Cosmetics
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a fabulous company to work for! I love that it is family oriented and I can work and advance at a pace that works for my life. My profit it based on the amount of work I put into the business. and I love that I can work this business around my other life commitments.
Pros
free cars, 50% profit off of all sales, glamorous prizes and trips to earn, life long friends
Cons
I honestly can't think of anything
Expensive and not fully supportive of equality
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 21, 2017
As a former Independent Beauty Consultant I can sadly say that for some individuals, this is definitely not the job for them. The products are expensive and a majority of the general public have allergic reactions to their products despite their constant review and changes to their products. This company is not fully supportive of male consultants.
IT Governance Consultant - ServiceNow Admin (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXMarch 5, 2017
As a contractor at Mary Kay, they treat me very well. They value my work, opinion, and praise my performance. Its surprising how well they treat contractors because most companies stay detached or impersonal to contractors. As a contractor I only get Benefits from my recruiting company. From what i've noticed, Mary Kay provides excellent benefits. Tuition reimbursement, Generous PTO, and flex days. Also very good health benefits.

I personally think Mary Kay is a great company to work for. They have a great culture there and salaries are competitive compared to national and local markets.

As long as you don't mind dressing in shirt and tie or dresses and suits everyday, you may enjoy working here as much as I do.
Pros
Great benefits and great leadership
Cons
none that I can think of
Positive and productive business with lovely exquisite products!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 27, 2016
A typical day is full, but it can be done at your own scheduled plan. For me I would know all my products... follow up with customers sold and referrals and scheduled parties and guests. Always make time to meet and be ready to meet new potential clients.
Pros
Being your own boss and representing and always having in stock such awesome products.
Cons
Not being told you need to have ongoing income with another job, or saved up as you attempt to reach your goals through the business model.
Positive work enviorment
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2017
On a typical day I would first check my email. I would call back clients interested in make up. I loved teaching people how to apply make up. I learned how to manage my own company and be my own boss. I learned time management. The hardest part of the job was waiting for customers to need more product.
Pros
My own boss, work from home
Cons
waiting for people
Empowering Women Made Fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaMarch 11, 2017
Teaching women how to love themselves in the skin they are in would never be so fun without Mary Kay. I loved every moment in my expierence with the company. There is always room to move forward and be even more successful in the company. And the fact that they offer cars as compensation is quite competitive to grab!!!
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
Long Trips, Investment
Mary Kay is a great entrepreneurial business for women.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home based businessDecember 20, 2016
A great company with no limit to what you can make. You can advance yourself as quickly or as slowly as you would like. Mary Kay has more women making over 100 thousand a year than any other company in the world. Mary Kay is in over 30 countries now! There is no end in site for this company. Still Family owned and opp-orated and completely debt free.
Pros
You can move up the corporate ladder as fast or as slow as you desire.
Cons
I think some personality types are better at this kind of jobs than others.
Freedom and Flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 16, 2017
I love my Mary Kay business, it is a wonderful feeling when you can make someones day by showing them a fun time and making them feel better about themselves. I also love the freedom and flexibility the schedule offers however, I do not work with people everyday and I do miss the daily interaction with co-workers.
Pros
Flexibly Scheulde
Cons
No benefits or 401k
Amazing
Sr. Sales Director Mary Kay Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2016
Teaching women about skin care. It's a consumable product so you get paid over & over, as long as you give good service!!
Skin Care Classes & facials & deliveries are part of each day.
I learned more than I can convey in a few words!
I have excellent sales skills as in this business you deal with all types of personalities.
Your "managers" are your recruiters & they are your biggest cheerleaders.
You get to choose your co-workers, huge bonus!
Hardest part of the job is of course rejection, that's just part of sales.
Most enjoyable are the people you meet & help feel better about themselves.
Pros
free cars, jewelry, prizes
Cons
must be self motivated
Fun, exciting work place
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 5, 2017
You completely control your income and your work hours. There is no pressure at all to make a sale. There are great team members to help you throw partys and get your business running and incurage you to keep it going.
Pros
You get to be your own boss, self management, work as little ir as much as you want, great team members to help you.
Cons
Monthly requirements
Independently own and operate my own business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MODecember 6, 2016
Speak with potential customers regarding the benefits comparisons prices etc. of the services offered by the company
Attempt sales through phone calls, internet and personal relationships
Design exclusive advertisements for company services
Collect all necessary customer information needed for service contract and input into company system
Follow up with new customers to ensure satisfaction
Attend conferences to stay updated on services and features
Pros
your your own boss
Amazing professional support
Independent Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Montreat, NCDecember 30, 2016
Mary Kay is a great company to work for! From the ground level up, there is an amazing and dynamic support system for the independent sales assistants in all aspects of business administration. The most enjoyable part of the job, by far, was the interaction with customers and other sales associates. The hardest part of the job was, sometimes, the sales.
Positive people and flexible schedule
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  self employed/Waterbury CTMarch 10, 2017
The support system is an amazing group of positive women who constantly encourage and motivate each other and genuinely want to see others succeed. And you set your own schedule which is perfect for me as a busy mom. I have extra income and have fun while I earn money making other women feel beautiful.
Great Company
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, MOMarch 23, 2017
Mary Kay is a wonderful company, that tries it's best to help you succeed. Your work day is what you make it to be, and your clients become your best friends. Everyone I have met from Mary Kay has been a genuinely nice person. Also, there is always room for personal and professional growth while working at Mary Kay.
Pros
Flexible Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.