Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Worst Decision Ever
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Terrible job, you will lose your money, this was the worst decision i ever made, they are thieves, i promise you they are thieves
uncapped income,your own business on your time, fun sorority type bond forms with your Mary Kay sisters and brothers
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
a typical day of work for me consist of talking to the people i feel could benefit from the use of our products on line at the grocery store, at my hair appointment, salon etc... its a really organic way of doing business and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that i am working for a company that values me. i have learned how to belllter connect with my peers better time management and business savvy when it comes to purchasing inventory. The most enjoyable part of ny job is the freedom.
Pros
independece, diamond rings, cars, recognition
Cons
None!
Pyramid Scheme
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Not enough money.
Lies/ mis-information about important things.
Sales doesn't account for shipping and handling
Direct makes first order which was huge and purchased things that I wasn't able to sell
Purchased lots of samples that aren't sellable and you aren't able to return them to the company.
Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneur/Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 1, 2016
One of the best Companies to work for. A company where you can make a difference. Meet all types of women and men who love making positive strides in networking, marketing and sales. Work hard and earn a living as a mentor and a boss. Lots of growth.
Pros
Meet New People
Cons
Must be able to except rejections.
Work on your own time
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
This is a great company for those who want to work their own schedule. I work when I can and make money. I typically work short days and have more time to spend with my kids and family.
Excllent business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 31, 2016
This is a great company to work for. You set your own hours and schedule as a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. The products are great and worth the expense.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
changes in products
Being Your Own Boss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Calling clients to check on needs.
Getting new leads by accumulating referrals or talking with people.
Holding one-on-one appointments with clients.
Holding/doing parties.
In-putting orders and customer information into computer.
Build a team of consultants and act as their mentor.
great training and educational support
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 18, 2016
I used to be an independent Mary Kay consultant, so I had to manage my time and work on developing my clientele base.
My director and team were very nice and supportive people.
very good place to work
Service-Now administrator/developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2016
this one my best company i worked so far ,here manager are very good and nice to employer.and i like dress code and lot of friendly atmosphere.
Fun but Challenging job
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GAJanuary 13, 2016
I didn't have the BEST training with this Company but it's something that I feel like you have to BEG people to buy the products. You also need to have a job while doing Mary Kay because it's difficult to live off of. Have a backup plan!!
Pros
Meetings, Parties & Making Money
Cons
I couldn't live off of Mary Kay
The job overall was an excellent employment opportunity.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCJanuary 12, 2016
My position at Mary Kay was Beauty Consultant. The growth oportunites within the company really drove me to do my best and to increase sales daily. Being able to make my own work schedule was awesome.
Mary Kay
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy being a independent beauty consultant, It is always fun to attend their meetings and learn about the new products that com out.
Pros
I am able to make my own schedule
Cons
commision based only
Flexible
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Professionalism
Assistance from experienced co-workers
Flexible work schedule
Awards and recognition for hardworking consultant
Skincare Education
Commission on behalf of new recruits
Car rewards
Pros
commission, 50% discount for consultants
I love Mary Kay
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 6, 2016
This is the best place to work, MK is always positioning the team for growth, the people are nice overall, the hardest part is getting to know who is who!
Cons
productive fun and loving co-workers with large lunch room
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I love working at Mary Kay. its a great work environment. I only hope to get a pay raise. what I do is in a timely manner handle product placing them in set areas for assemblers. wrap pallets and ship them. scan labels into set areas. help coworkers keep up production.
Pros
light work
Cons
alot of light work at once any giving day
My Own
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 3, 2016
I just do MK on the side for friends, family, and myself. I use it to get all of us make-up and girly stuff at half off.

I don't like that when I haven't placed an order is a (X) amount of time they make my next purchase make to be 500, so I can activate my discount for us all.
Great
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 28, 2015
You can work when you'd like, you get to meet new people, and its great to see people happy with products they enjoy. Other consultants, directors, etc. are always so bubbly and excited. They are always friendly and enjoyable to be around.
Busy but Not
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHDecember 8, 2015
Some days were spent at home emailing, texting, and calling customers to sell cosmetics. And others were spent having a Mary Kay party and completing sales. Mary Kay has taught me how to handle all sorts of people. The hardest part of the job was getting people to buy the cosmetics when they did not believe in the business. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
you create your schedule
benefits
flexible and teachable job with free gifts
Mary Kay Leader Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 8, 2015
A flexible job with amazing products to sell. You get to be your own boss and decide how many hours and days you want to work. coworkers are respectful and helpful. The best part is that you can set your own goals and choose how fast or slow you want to move to the next level in the company.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
limited edition products
Flexible
Director's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 30, 2015
I work as an assistant for a great director. Flexible hours. Nice pay. She is very supportive and understanding of my school and work balance life.

4.4