Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

A place to grow and enrich other womens lives
Independent Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 21, 2016
I am a part time entrepreneur so I work for myself. I book appointments for free facials that turn into future parties and new bookings. My days include waking up early and creating a plan on how to reach my sale goals that week and that month.

My coworkers are actually my team members, I am a senior consultant so I work hand in hand with my business partner to reach our next level in the business. I also work closely with my director that mentors me and guides me to go higher.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the women I work with transform and become happy as they sample and use the Mary Kay product.
Pros
50% of everything you make.
Cons
No sick days
Empowering Women
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 21, 2016
Man, where do I begin?! I LOVED working for Mary Kay!
The company was amazing and very well thought out. Earning things and winning prizes was easy.
The hardest part about my job was not putting enough time in to it. I had another job so I couldn't fully invest in to it. I would say that working for Mary Kay needs to be a full time job in order to see any real benefits (like a car).
The best part? The way that company makes you feel! They make you feel like you can do anything. They make you feel beautiful and of worth.
I learned from this company that I can do anything and that I shouldn't listen to what the world has to say because I'm perfect and strong.
Pros
1/2 off beauty products, free car
Cons
Not fully invested
Fantastic Learning Culture with Great Self Starters
Independant Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 29, 2016
I love working with and for Mary Kay, Inc. The history is wonderful and continues to inspire and empower young women all across the world to pursue their dreams through personal small business ownership. The hardest part of the job is just starting! Once you are through the door it is just wonderful, exciting and so much fun to help other women with skin care, hygiene and cosmetic products! Through Mary Kay, I have been able to learn so many valuable skills. The details, taxes and organization that come through owning your own small business are wonderful and completely rewarding.
Pros
Great products, amazing people
Cons
Taxes for small businesses
Productive and making money daily while making customers beautiful and happy
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 12, 2016
I called customers to check customer service. Everyone respects the products outcome. I am self employed. The hardest part of the job is customers conflicting schedules. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers smiling after using the products and happy of the outcomes of the products.
Pros
Getting paid daily
Cons
customers not having enough money for the products
Inviting Enviroment
Personal Assistant/Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 8, 2016
I loved the core values set in the business and the focus on team building and women empowerment. The career is very flexible and rewarding. This business helped me to develop my sales skills and styling expertise. I loved recruiting, event planning, and other business aspects taught in the company.
Pros
Flexible hours, team building, customer services, one-on-one consultation
Cons
The start-up expenses of starting your own personal business
Productive and fun work place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part besides signing your own check is meeting different cultures and not a boring routine.
I have learned how to interact with different types of personalities and continuous training keeps you well updated with new products and information to keep clients well informed and instructed.
hardest part of the job has been the cold booking of new customers
Pros
apreciation for your work, career car, gifts, trips
Cons
cold booking
Jobs are FUN?
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 1, 2016
Although I have only been an IBC since December 2015, I absolutely love what this company stands for: Faith first, Family second, Career third. I have grown not only as a business woman but also as a mother, wife, daughter, and sister. The people you meet in your journey to empower women will surprise you, as they are all astonishingly positive and make you feel like a billion-dollars after every chat you have. The most enjoyable place I have ever "worked," but is it even considered work when you're having SO much fun?
Pros
Flexible hours, positive atmosphere, inspiration from corporate and other MK consultants
Cons
This was a very productive employment opportunity. Plenty of Consultant and Manager Continued education workshops.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NJJune 29, 2016
Overall Mary Kay Inc. offers flexible hours for any situation. Products are excellent and backed 100% by the company.

Great company benefits, great income potential and the FREE car and paid insurance ( at management levels) is a welcomed plus.

A Fortune 500 Company I was proud to work for. !!!
Pros
Tax write offs, great products, continued support from other employees.
Cons
No cons for Mary Kay Inc.
Sales position where the higher you go the more your focus turns to team building rather than selling the actual product.
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 26, 2016
Mary Kay is a great opportunity however make sure that you are actually selling the product; not just continuously ordering more inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was watching women find a confidence within themselves that they never knew they had. The hardest part was having to motivate others. You can only lead a horse to water.
Pros
Prizes, income potential, friends
Cons
commission based, pressure from upline.
I am my own boss and make my own hours and business decisions
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 22, 2016
I typically give free makeovers so women can try our products

I learned how to be responsible as a business owner

Management is great (I am my own boss)

I have no co-workers. Everyone runs their own business but my FRIENDS who also sell Mary Kay are amazing women.

My "job" is very laid back and since I control how my business runs, there really isn't anything hard about it

I love meeting new women. I love getting to know them and hearing their stories. Each person is unique and it's interesting to see how.
Pros
I'm my own boss
productive
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2016
There is always something to do & there is always someone out in the world looking to find their inner beauty. A typical day at work for me is going out to a busy area looking for someone that could be interested in the product I'm selling. I manage my own business. The only hard part of the job is when you lose a customer because they feel like they found a better product to use. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to wake up whatever time you want to & work how ever many days you want too.
A great place to start your Independant Beauty Career
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001June 11, 2016
Mary Kay gives you training and opportunity to learn and grow your business. The hardest part of this is to invest money to keep your business going. No co workers just team members.
A typical day is calling up clients you have serviced looking for a rebook. The most enjoyable part of my work is to make people feel good and help them find the beauty that is unique inside of themselves. Management or Directors are skilled to motivate you to want to be a high achiever.
Pros
working hard to succeed in the beauty business
Cons
money to invest into your business to keep it going.
Believing in your products that you sell.
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2016
The best company to work for. Every easy to sell but you have to love on what you are doing and believing. It does happen. You can make lots of money and also it is hard work too.. I became director for the company within my first six months with the company. That was work.
Pros
working from home
Cons
nothing negative - lots of hours at the beginning of your busy and controlling your money
productive and fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy helping others look and feel their very best.You can set your own schedule and the sister hood is beautiful.the team taught me how to run a business.how to stay positive and secure clients.the fun part of the day is giving the product demonstrations.the hardest part getting through traffic
Pros
try before you buy
Cons
every ones skin type is different you are what you eat
Fabulous Product, Fun meeting positive professionals
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2016
Mary Kay has proven to be a wonderful way to earn income in between jobs or as a full time career. I have use the product and I believe in it. Management opportunities are received and the training is ongoing and available to whoever wants it. Mary Kay Cosmetics has a reputation for producing upscale professionals who care about their appearance and represent the company with dignity and sophistication.
Pros
You can work at a pace that is comfortable for you.
Cons
I can't think of any
Fantastic Direct Sale Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 27, 2016
Typical Day: you make your own schedule to include activities such as: phone calls, classes, training, fairs, and more.

Management: work on a team with your recruiter and director as much or as little as needed.

Co-workers: wide variety of people are apart of Mary Kay, there are always great people to befriend in your unit.

Hardest Part of Job: you only get results when you put in the effort, it can be easy to get discouraged.

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: working with a product I trust and love, having fun with friends, running my business the way I want.
Pros
Training, Resources, Income Opportunity, Incentives
Not the right match
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 24, 2016
I joined Mary Kay thinking about its long years of being a great company in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. I was very excited to be able to join the team. As I shared with the hiring leaders, I wanted to help be a change agent and to streamline my areas of responsibility and be able to have great relationships with the leadership that I supported.

Unfortunately, Mary Kay has a legacy culture and is very reluctant to change anything about its processes.

In the end, this position was not a match for me.
Pros
Great people, great office
Cons
Inability to change
Best Company ever!!!
Independent Sales Director & Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNJune 29, 2016
Mary Kay cosmetics is hands down the most excellent company I have ever had the pleasure of working with!! This opportunity found me as I was graduating college, and I never thought that I would work in a field predominantly of women, or with cosmetics & skincare. Little did I know that it was SO much more than that, and it has been one of the biggest blessings for me and my family!!

MKC has taught me all about product management & demonstration, accounts receivable & payable, customer service, computer skills, product sales and marketing, skincare analysis, makeup artistry and application, business management, team education, and advertising. I've learned more than I could leave here, and I am beyond glad that I was given the opportunity to be a part of this company!
Pros
Skills training, products, compensation plan
Work
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 11, 2016
Prepare a Mary Kay show with 6 customers, show and teach them
how to use the products, let them feel in their face and touch their skin, to notice the difference how their skin looks and feel now.
Sales the basic set of cream, set of glamour, set of anti-aging, etc.
Recruits and train the new Mary Kay's consultants;
Prepare meetings with Consultants, Team Leaders, Sales Director and Senior Director.
Assist to Seminars at Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; New York, New York, and other locations.
The hardest part of this job is to collect the payments, sometimes you have to make couple attempts before they paid you.
The most enjoyable are the Quarterly gifts, to won a car, to become a Team Leader, Sales Director, Senior Director or National Sales Director.
Pros
Won a car
Cons
healthcare.
Beautiful people with Beautiful standards
Makeup Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 16, 2016
Beautiful people with beautiful standards in both workmanship and customer satisfaction. Each makeup consultant is qualified at giving advice, supplying customers with the best cosmetics for their skin type, as well as giving service with a smile.
Pros
Confidence in oneself
Cons
...nothing I can think of

Best places to work in