Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,253 reviews matching the search
Mary Kay is for people who thoroughly enjoy being around people
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2017
Loved working for this company, loved being my own boss - just didn't have enough time to be out there meeting new people. Lots of work but it's very rewarding and can be very lucrative.
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
No direct cash flow
Highly Competitive Direct-Sales
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Perryopolis, PAJuly 25, 2017
Mary Kay, while a great cosmetics company, is becoming too saturated. You only make what you put into it. If you don't have time to really work the business day in and day out in the beginning, then don't sign up for a direct-sales company. Also, I did not have the support I needed in order to grow my business. The culture is very cliquish. While they celebrate the over-achievers, they are supposed to work with and support the newbies and struggling consultants. But they rarely do. The supposedly judgment-free culture is not supported by everyone and can be very intimidating.
Pros
Own boss, work from home
Cons
Salary is based on your success, not guaranteed.
good poducts
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 25, 2017
Mary Kay was a platform for me which helped me to discover how far i can push myself to produce the results i was satisfied with.
Within Mary Kay you are your own boss therefore it taught me how to assert myself as well as what to expect from the work load i was putting into my business.
I enjoyed the fact that i worked for myself as well as my consumers which helped to improve my customer service skills.
Pros
consultant/ seller
Cons
good products
Excellent opportunity to advacne to where you want to be
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 23, 2017
I have been a consultant for 12 years and I love it. You make it what you wnt it to be for you. It is different for each person. You have the opportunity to move up the career path from consutant, to red jacket, to team leader, to director in qualification and then to director.
Fun Workplace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2017
Great commission based job. You must be self motivated and ambitious. You have to have a successful mindset. Work your own hours and at your own pace.
Own your own business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 20, 2017
This is a great company to work for if you want to own your own business. The products sell themselves. You learn to share the opportunity and to help women feel great. The hardest part of the job is getting out there day after day looking for new clients.
Pros
Great profit potential
Cons
Constant sales efforts and high turn over
A Positive company to be employed by
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJuly 20, 2017
A way to meet lots of great people. to be your own boss, Earning potential is up to yourself. Meeting with potential team members or customers for sales.
Pros
Great earning potential
Cons
have to always be prepared even if you are not up to it
Fantasic beauty products
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 18, 2017
I love sharing Mary Kay products with others. The company has created some of the best products on the market. The quality of these products makes them affordable.
self employeed - skin care demo
INDEPENDENT SALES FORCE MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Work from homeJuly 17, 2017
PT - hobby job. Held skin care classes 2 to 3 per week. Recruited new consultants and train them to do the same. Weekly training with team members and other consultants in the area. Fun meeting new people and motivate them to be self employed.
Pros
Free car
Cons
self motivation
Easy to learn
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maineville, OHJuly 17, 2017
My manager was very easy going and taught me the ropes as we went. Didn't work a lot of hours so I had the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted. My job was mostly making sure that all the products were organized and well kept.
Amazing company!
Independent Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2017
Love everything about it! I've made a great living for 24 years. Mary Kay is very generous with commissions and bonuses. You can make as much money as you want to make. They also have a great retirement plan.
very good experience, I do not regret it.
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 13, 2017
very fun job if you want to grow, you must dedicate full time. very good experience i do not regret it. this mary kay job makes you fell beautiful and an independent women , it also makes you feel like you can accomplish everything.
Sales
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed becoming an independent MaryKay Consultant. Working with all women to help them feel better about their skin was important to me. I met several women, and I continue to keep in touch with them.
Pros
Set you own hours
Best company i the land
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
as an Independent beauty consultant i have the freedom to become a better version of myself everyday while brings others along with. Keeping values of God first, Family second and career third ths company is truly the best company to partner with.
If you like working with people than you will find this company and outstanding company to be associated with.
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2017
I am a independent beauty consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics Company. I am not a paid employee. However, at the level I currently work I am able to purchase my product at a 50 percent discount in order to sell at a 100 percent thereby I am able to receive a 50 percent profit. The company helps all of the independent consultants with continuous training in both the aspect of running a business successfully and application of glamour products. Your ability to build a successful business is totally up to you and how much effort you want to put into it.

The company's employees are very cheerful and helpful and the incentives to motivate the consultants are continuous. The company's goal is to help the consultants to succeed.

I enjoy working for the company as an independent beauty consultant and would recommend the company to anyone who is self motivated and willing to do what it takes to succeed.
Pros
Continuous education.
Cons
Most be self motivated
Excellent Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2017
The best company to join. Leaders in professionalism and empowering people towards success. Positive environment and excellent opportunity to make your dreams come true.
great for people who what to work for themselves
Owner (Former Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCJuly 10, 2017
If you have the time and the extra money to start your own business, then Mary Kay is a great company to work with. They care about their clients and products.
beauty consultant
Beauty Consultant's assistant (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXJuly 8, 2017
you make your own hours, deal with the clients that you want to deal with. you basically get paid by what you sale. its a great side job, but unless youre working a lot, it wouldnt be that great of a living
Productive and Fun
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Dallas, GAJuly 8, 2017
Responsible for one-on-one customer consultations to identify skin care needs and assisting in analysis of needs regarding product line.
Conducting facials and makeovers, as well as planning and estimating Mary Kay open houses and product parties.
Organizing and management of client records.
Pros
Working with others
Cons
No Health Benefits
Much like working with a family where everyone pulls together while moving towards the same goal.
Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 7, 2017
Great benefits and people to work with. Challenging work that requires patience and hours but brings a reward when seeing your work benefit the Sales Force.
Pros
Vacation and Sick time, Profit share, Health benefits, Work out center, Nurse Practioner on premises.
Cons
So much work that it's difficult to always take vacation.