Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,327 reviews matching the search
A wonderful workplace with flexible hours
Independent Sales Consultant, Self-Employed (Current Employee) –  Ashland, NESeptember 21, 2017
I love the flexibility Mary Kay gives you. You work your business as hard as you wish so when you can't work, your business will work for you. You get out of it as much as you put in which is truly amazing. Plus, the ability to empower women and to change their lives is truly remarkable!
Pros
Flexible hours, freedom with your time
Cons
If you don't make the sale, you don't get a paycheck
Small Business Owner
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 21, 2017
I would not recommend venturing into this business unless you are a financially stable, outgoing, people focused person. This is the same as owning your own small business which means you MUST put in money, time, and LOTS of effort and patience. Depending on which team you join will determine how much support they will give you. This is not a 9-5 job it is a 24hour on call all day business. Yes, you set your own hours, BUT the amount of time you put into this will determine the amount of profit you make.
Pros
Men and Women work for Mary Kay, Meet new people, Build friendships
Cons
Hustle 24 hr/day, Profit not guaranteed, Need money to start
I work from home...how awesome
Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, WISeptember 21, 2017
This job can give you extra money, you work the hours you want to that fit into your lifestyle.
You get to meet people from all over the world. It is also a great way to meet people in your area.
The women in Mary Kay are absolutely wonderful. When my husband passed away in Baltimore, they blew up my facebook, phone and also came to my rescue.
I learned that not all skin care and cosmetics are created equal. There is a lot of junk out there that is constantly being pulled off the shelves because they are misleading the consumer.
Pros
You work your own hours
Productive Days
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Laguna, NMSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed talking with customers and experiencing the work environment in my Mary Kay business. Being on time with my inventory had grown in my progress in the business.
Pros
Discounts percentages on products
Cons
Business parties were break from business
I enjoyed learning about skincare products in a fun relaxed environment. I did it mainly to receive the discount for my self.
Beauty Constant (Current Employee) –  Worthington, MNSeptember 20, 2017
For me it was about receiving the discount more than a business . It's hard to grow in it when you leave ina small town that has a lot of mary kay consultant.
Pros
Enjoy the discount on the skincare and make up products.
Cons
No room to grow in it .
A Great Learning Experience
DevOps/NOC Intern (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Sadly the intern program I was apart of has been disbanded. But for what it was, it was really excellent - flexible hours, which allowed me to pursue grad school, friendly and encouraging coworkers, all for a company that is very proactive in the world.
Amazing
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
On a regular Mary Kay day I'd go out with my mom and offer free facials to people so they can try our cleansing products or makeup. We also pick up and drop of products to our clients that live in far areas. Its a relaxing job because you don't have to do it all day or worry about being late. Its an on your own time job.The only hardest part about it that I can honestly say about it is that you don't make sales everyday. I guess that's why it can be a part time job. Besides that it is amazing and i love the products and free gifts.
Pros
Meeting new people, great gifts after sales, challenges you, and prepares you to be independent.
Cons
Hard to make money some days.
Great Money!! Flexible Hours!!
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 18, 2017
All around great company and so rewarding to be a part of. I love building up woman and guiding them to better take care of their skin with a great product.
Well paying rewarding empowering self improvement business
Image Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 18, 2017
Well paying rewarding empowering self improvement business - love being my own boss working when I wanted & putting my priorities in order. The mission of faith first, family second & career last resonated with me & I love that its a debt free, family owned company that doesn't test on animals & recycles the product packaging.
great
business owner (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Its a great company to work with. Get to travel , win nice items jewelry , cars , etc. Have fantastic events to share with others. Also, get to bond and be a family.
Great
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2017
Make your own hours and own money. Great women, great business and very motivating..I started at 17 and it was very easy for me to work and still be in school.
review
Mary Kay Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NCSeptember 14, 2017
if you are out going and thrive in sales, this is for you. love the products and the people that i worked with, but if you want to make this your sole earning, than you really need to push it and do it everyday, its really not a good thing to do on the side. you don't make money like that.
It was a great place to work fun and met new people
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Always made great money met new people and was able to have a flexible schedule. I was always able to meet great new people and offer jobs to people who wanted work
Pros
Great Commission flexible hours
Cons
Don't really have anything to say bad about this company
You Do You
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 13, 2017
You work at your own pace, because it's basically your own mini business. You do the work, you get compensated; you earn half of what you make (aka 50% discount on product).
Love it
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant, Owner (Current Employee) –  Springfield, GASeptember 13, 2017
Working my own business through Mary Kay has truly been a blessing for my family! We have enjoyed the added income and I have enjoyed the bonds that I have made with my fellow consultants!
Mary Kay Workplace
Director, Treasury Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Mary Kay is a great place to work. The mission is to 'Enrich the lives of women', and everyone works hard to make that happen. The culture truly follows the Golden Rule. The large international presence makes it a very interesting and dynamic work environment. It is a great place to learn and grow.
Love meeting digfernt people
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  DelawareSeptember 10, 2017
I love to meet new people,im very bubbly and out going,im a good sales lady with respect im also very reliable and caring with my clients i become like family to them.i love this job .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enouH
Around inspirational women, but a lot of smoke in mirrors
Owner (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 10, 2017
A typical day would be to go to the studio and set up for a skin care class. Based on the information I attained prior to, each spot had products that matched skin type. At the end of the class, I would get information on their skin care needs, and set follow-up appts that I would try to turn into parties. Hardest part was getting parties together. The most enjoyable part was it was fun girl time no matter what the outcome!
Sale Products and Introduce others to the company as business owners
business owner (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 8, 2017
A day on the job consists of selling products to customer, conducting skin care facials, makeovers, and parties for those wanting new looks and great skin. I learned that each person wants or needs something different and you can't treat each customer/client the same. Hardest part initially was approaching ladies introducing myself and presenting business cards. Most enjoyable-handling out business cards to total strangers once I got over the fear of doing it.
Pros
Making women feel special and look great
Cons
Convincing others that you can make this a great business and earn money
Loved my job every day was different.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CASeptember 6, 2017
Clocked in then opened up computer systems then log into phones and start taking calls regarding orders, payments, returns and account charges, missing items or full orders.