Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,153 reviews matching the search
A great envirerment and safe work place.
Personal Line Technition (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 26, 2017
Mary Kay was a great and safe work environment. Mary Kay was a great loving work place. They took pride in quality and keeping the family safe and taken care off.
Love being a part of Mary Kay
Mary Kay Independent Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 25, 2017
Mary Kay Cosmetics is a Top Notch company with the utmost respect for their employees and independent sales force. The products are right on trend and a great value.
It is what you make of it, a lot of flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVApril 23, 2017
It can work for anyone if you work it. Direct sales with a great product! It can be part time to augment a main source of income, but is a great option for unlimited income if your willing to work.
Pros
flexibility, income potential
Cons
subjective at times
Excellent commission
Advanced Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Franklinton, LAApril 23, 2017
Wonderful products and room for advancement depending on your work ethic! A little effort goes a long way with this company! Wonderful and free training available!
Great Growth Experience
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Elm, TXApril 23, 2017
Working for Mary Kay was a great opportunity for growth as a person. It allowed me to step out of my comfort zone to be able to connect with people and strangers. It teaches you that when working you get out what you put in meaning the efforts you show determine your outcome.
Pros
Growth as a person
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 20, 2017
Consultants undergo trainings on a regular basis to help them to reach there fullest potential. Directors and representative encourages each other to to learn new skills.
fun job with potential high income
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 20, 2017
Mary Kay is a fun job to have if you have the time to invest into it. Your earnings are based on the products sold. You have to be committed into selling inorder to earn a decent income.
It was a very different job
Product sales (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 19, 2017
I was not properly trained to help run a business inside a house so this job didn't really interest me. I knew selling products was a must through out the week, however I cannot force someone to want the product so it was difficult at times.
a lifestyle well wothy of doing
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 19, 2017
I absolutely LOVE Mary Kay! It has been the best decision made in my whole entire life. Soooo many perks and benefits just for empowering women around you and having makeover parties
Customer Service/ Sales, Book keeping
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WIApril 19, 2017
* Make customer calls

* Put in order if needs to be made

* Put up customers orders and deliver

* Promote sales, mileage, and notes on what customers to contact and when is good for them

* Go through discontinued items for sales and right offs

* Parties and Facials Fun!!

I learned how to stand up in front of groups of people and be comfortable sharing what i know. Explaining how they can feel good about the company they are purchasing from and Satisfaction Guaranteed along with the wide array of helpful products within their reach. I like making women feel beautiful and more confident about themselves.
I am Management, so to have a plan for each day and a mission is a must. The hardest part is the rejection and keeping at it through it.
Pros
Helping people feel good about themselves and more confident
Cons
No benefits
Mulit-level Marketing
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Senoia, GAApril 18, 2017
Compensation totally based on sales and recruiting in order to build a sales team. It is important to continue to meet new people, introduce them to the product, sale the product, then recruit them to become a part of your team
Pros
Recognition for Sales & Recruiting
Cons
more of a hobby for me
Independent Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 18, 2017
i dont know what exactly i am reviewing about this company. i grew up with the company in my family and my mom was really good at it and i believe in it and it products.
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior PLC Programmer / Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 13, 2017
It is great place to work,coworkers are friendly and helpful, As a technical person have learned a lot, have to deal with continues improvement on daily basis.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 12, 2017
Working ar Mary Kay was such a great experience for me. I learned so many new things and became a much more social person after meeting with different people every day. I learned how to do inventory, computer data entry, and booking appointments. I had an amazing boss who taught me so many skills.
Can be great work for for entrepreneur type
SENIOR BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work is fairly basic and simple.
I have learned about sales, money management, And about the products themselves.
Management solely depends upon the individual consultant.
Pros
discounts, knowledge
Cons
self empolyment
A company with a good cause
Vice President, US Sales and Education (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 12, 2017
At my level, I spent much of my time mentoring others, driving direction and supporting the sales force.

The company has gone global but the adjustment isn't easy. Not all corporate departments are familiar with how direct sales works and how to help the sales force members do their jobs.
MaryKay is amazing
Mary Kay Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 11, 2017
MaryKay is absolutely amazing, You set your own hours, have more time to spend with family, connect with others at your own pace. I wouldn't trade being in MaryKay for anything else in the world. It feels good to be able to make other women feel beautiful.
Productive and empowering woman within the beauty industry
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
Women display a strong dedication and commitment to excellence. The best part about being with this company (consultants) is finding their passion to success and empowering each other
Pros
Self employed
A great company to be part of.
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAApril 9, 2017
- Book, Coach, Sell, Recruit and encourage team/Unit members to do the same.
- Learned a lot but most important was helping others to succeed.
- Management was great and very considerate.
- A very great and friendly work environment at the corporate office.
- The hardest part of the job was not able to control what team and unit members were doing as individual business owners.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was developing new relationships on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis.
Pros
Self Employment - Be your own Boss
Cons
Income depends on the individual and their team's effort
Best Environment to Enrich Women's Lives
Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 8, 2017
Excellent work place to learn Self Confidence and Sales and Service Skills while developing a relationship with the customer.
Great Opportunity to be your own Boss, set your own schedule. The work culture is phenomenal with ongoing education. The most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction and relationship building.
Pros
Be your own Boss, Tax Advantages, Consumable products
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval