Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Very rewarding, had ability to work with a diverse group of women of all ages and backgrounds.
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, Tx.May 25, 2016
Everyday was different. I spent time with phone follow ups, Consultant Coaching Calls, Interviewing perspective Team Members, and planning trainings and seminars for my Team.

I booked my appointments and set my schedule up for each day based on product demonstrations, interviewing, and coaching.
I held a weekly Training at my studio for my Consultants and provided them opportunities to perform their facials/events at the studio as needed.

I learned that to be successful in business, a strong commitment and dedication to working consistently on the mission and goals of the Company drives the success of the Company.

The hardest part of the job is transition Consultants from the Employee mentality into the Entrepreneur mind set.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to see the Team Winning. Meeting new business partners to mentor and great new friends.
Pros
Unlimited Income, Company Cars, prizes, great training, and positive atmosphere
Cons
Getting the Consultants to invest time in their business to promote it's success.
Not the right match
Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 24, 2016
I joined Mary Kay thinking about its long years of being a great company in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. I was very excited to be able to join the team. As I shared with the hiring leaders, I wanted to help be a change agent and to streamline my areas of responsibility and be able to have great relationships with the leadership that I supported.

Unfortunately, Mary Kay has a legacy culture and is very reluctant to change anything about its processes.

In the end, this position was not a match for me.
Pros
Great people, great office
Cons
Inability to change
opportunity, freedom and success
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2016
-Connect with new people daily
-Improve lives
-Provide excellent service to customers
-Phone calls
-Constant product orders
-Meeting goals daily
-Sales all day
Pros
Meeting new people, prizes, compensation
Cons
Takes alot of time and effort
Awesome career
Freelance Makeup Artist/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2016
Great Career jump start in becoming a Professional Makeup artist. Working for the company is very empowering especially for minority women.
Great Self- Starter
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001May 18, 2016
If you're looking to get into the beauty business or start your own company, Mary Kay Inc. Is a great place to start. very rpofessional ladies, you decide your own schedule, plus you get to travel depending upon how much you sell.
Pros
great pay, customers and clients
Cons
a lot of team meetings
self employed
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 17, 2016
I loved working for myself it allowed me flexibility and the opportunity to raise my children from home. The money was excellent and i loved being able to connect with different people.
Pros
working for self
Work
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 11, 2016
Prepare a Mary Kay show with 6 customers, show and teach them
how to use the products, let them feel in their face and touch their skin, to notice the difference how their skin looks and feel now.
Sales the basic set of cream, set of glamour, set of anti-aging, etc.
Recruits and train the new Mary Kay's consultants;
Prepare meetings with Consultants, Team Leaders, Sales Director and Senior Director.
Assist to Seminars at Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; New York, New York, and other locations.
The hardest part of this job is to collect the payments, sometimes you have to make couple attempts before they paid you.
The most enjoyable are the Quarterly gifts, to won a car, to become a Team Leader, Sales Director, Senior Director or National Sales Director.
Pros
Won a car
Cons
healthcare.
Independent beauty consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMay 7, 2016
I would provide product explanation and customer service regarding beauty products and skin care. I would help with product returns, questions regarding product safety and use.
Pros
Working autonomously while interacting with my clients
Cons
Being on straight commission.
Sale
Independent Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2016
recruiting spreading word around and selling amazing products for women best skin care. providing appointments with clients for facials and make up sessions.
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
not stable income
Independent Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 5, 2016
I am able to deliver quality customer service, touch lives in a positive manner, and provide excellence in a professional manner.
Pros
Entrepreneurship is amazing!
Cons
There are none.
Productive and fun place to work in
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 2, 2016
My typical day at work would be relaxing, but productive. I would take phone call orders, put orders in the computer, and put orders together.
Pros
awesome environment
Mary kay work
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 2, 2016
Had a required quota to meet each month if that was not met you didn't get any money for your work. In my opinion there product is to expensive and not enough people are willing to spend on little product and having to spend so much money.
Be your own boss!
Advanced Color Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 2, 2016
Mary Kay is a great company because you really are your own boss running your own business. It's as flexible and available as you want it to be. You really get out what you put into it
Pros
flexibility, pay, product quality
Cons
life really can get in the way sometimes
Great!
Consultant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time working as an assistant. I learned a lot and it was a great experience in money, time management, and filing records.
Entrepuenership is great
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2016
Having your own business is great you can run it how you like to and its your own business, marykay is a great side hustle because not only can you use the products but you can sell it at your own time
Excellent company to work for.
Consultant-self employed (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIApril 20, 2016
Mary Kay is an excellent company to work for. All the higher-ups in the company are amazing, and the company offers amazing benefits!
Great Company
Sales Director and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 15, 2016
Thanks to Mary Kay, I was able to learn how to manage my own business while being an Independent Sales Director. Passing on the things I learned to others was a great experience.
Great experience
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis MoApril 13, 2016
had a great experience. money was great . learned a lot. great teams.. commision was great. great company to work for .. managemant was good. learned great sales
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Beauty consultant with an independent beauty company
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 12, 2016
Practice full hands on business and management skills. Maintain and organize products and time all while having fun and playing with makeup.
Based on sales and commission
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 7, 2016
Great life and work balance. You are you're own boss. you set your own schedule. The hardest part of the job is meeting people for selling the product and setting up facials.
Pros
make up products
Cons
don't make any money unless you sell product

4.4