Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Enjoyable work inviorment. Meeting new people
Individual Mary Kay Sales Representative (Former Employee), Denver metro areaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people and making friends
Cons: None
A typical day was showing the product. Setting up show. Showing clients how to apply makeup. Showing the catalog and talking about product Setting up appointment's. Taking orders then submitting orders. Than getting product to clients. My co workers were great. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was when orders weren't sent on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
A wonderful place to increase sales skills
Work as Certified Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Warsaw, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: 50% commission
A great place to receive continued sales training.
This job forces you to get out of your comfort zone and speak comfortably with anyone and anywhere.
Wonderful Women
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas TexasJuly 1, 2015
Pros: 50% commision, on your time
Cons: No one to make you work.
The Women you "work with" are amazing and great supporters! Mary Kay is all on your own time, you make all over appointments, you decide when you want to work full or part time, you decide when you deserve a promotion and how quickly or slowly you work up the career path. Don't take this job lightly, it is a lot of hard work and takes a lot of dedication.
I enjoy work as a teamplayer.
Beauty Advisor/Sale Associate (Current Employee), Matteson, ILJune 27, 2015
I am an exceedingly motivated individual with the proven skills to professionally service, give advice, greet, and show warmth and kindness to the customers. I will communicate with supervisors and staff to provide the best service to customers. My years as an Administrative Assistant and Customer Service Representative have perfected collaboration of expertise in public relation.
Lots of fun getting to know new people
Owner (Current Employee), Pueblo West, COJune 23, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Hard to get people to show up
It's fun to learn about the different ways to take care of your skin and how important that is. My favorite part is to teach others a good approach to skin care and see what their reaction is.
Family business hence very flexible
Independent Sales Representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2015
Pros: Can be done as a hobby
Cons: none
Ntamel Designs is a God given talent which started as a store for only hand made Ankara to promote African print. We have since diverted and decided to mix western and ankara trends to fit people of different taste's demand.
It's Make-Over Day Every Day
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Powder Springs, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Freedom, Own Boss, Schedule Flexability
Cons: Self discipline and persistence when rejected
Self-employment requires a lot of self discipline. Mornings consist of everything from preparing for upcoming parties to product and service marketing in order t to book new parties. Day time hours I hold most parties and get out into public and meet new people. Evening I wind down and go over what the day brought forth and input any new orders, info, or make any changes. I love not being behind a desk all day!! I love helping others with knowledge on keeping skin beautiful. Requires lots of self discipline.
empowering
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Simsbury, CTJune 16, 2015
great way to earn money for yourself and be your own boss. Many ways to earn money and create new customers. You can always move up in the company but it takes a lot of work
Flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2015
Work with customers to provide outstanding customer service.

I learned that providing promotions to items attracts customers to your products. Keeping up with trends and fashion will also draw attention.
Disciplined and motivational atmosphere
Assistant (Current Employee), carson, caJune 14, 2015
Pros: Free Makeup and Flexible hours
A typical day at work requires me answering phone calls, making presentations, or dealing with customers who are to rough for the sales rep to handle.
From working here I have learned to better beceom approahable and how to deal with people. I have learned to improve my skills with computer software, all the while I have learned to apply makeup.
The hardest part of the job is merchandise sorting.
The most enjoyable part is networking and customer service.
Mary Kay believes in God 1st, family 2nd, and career 3rd and it works!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 13, 2015
Pros: working independently, setting own schedule, having a network of women to assist you should you need help
Cons: no set schedule
The company tells you when you start out if with them that if you put God 1st, family 2nd, and career 3rd then you will succeed. The product pretty much sells itself, I just have to be available to the clients when they are ready for it. There are no co-workers to interact with on a daily basis. The most enjoyable parts of this job are being able to set my own schedule and not having to deal with a lot of cooks in the kitchen. The hardest part of this job is meeting new potential customers and convincing them to try the product for the first time.
nice job where i can control my income and my schedule
Independent beauty consultant (Current Employee), Dacula, GAJune 8, 2015
Mary Kay is a great company that allows you advancement in the company. It also teaches you how to be more confident when you talk to people, and it teaches you about creative marketing and advertising.
Awesome opportunity and Fun Job
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: work your own hours, put in as much work as you want
Cons: money is based on how the customers needs, some weeks you can make nothing
I loved working as a Independent Mary Kay Consultant. I loved making my own hours up and speaking to people about makeup. It was always fun and never a stressful job. I also enjoyed the team building that went along with it.
Selling to women
Chelsea Porter (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2015
I tried to sell things..but to be honest it was easier to recruit people to sell. in the long run my agents did not do well with selling either. I became my recruiters top recruiter. I was better with talking to people and convincing them to sell rather than selling.
Fun, various locations to work from
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mount Holly, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: great hours and people
Cons: none
Love to work with various people, set my own hours and locations. Love to work with people and make up. Set up my own displays and people that I work with.
amazing products, amazing women
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Bluff, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Getting skin care and make up at whole sale price. Having a support team at ones disposal.
Cons: Recession impacted
I love being a Mary Kay consultant. I love their products and I love sharing them with new and old friends. A typical day with Mary Kay starts with pampering yourself with personal hygiene and a make over. Then your ready to hit the streets with samples of products. We use our samples to meet new clients and encourage and inspire them to book make over parties. As a successful beauty and skin care consultant afternoons and evenings are spent hosting makeover parties and attending Mary Kay work shops. Every day worked is a day spent having fun inspiring and being inspired by women.
Building your own business, growing at your own pace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Free training, great products for 50% off, constant support
Cons: Self motivating and challenging
* Networking and relationship building, learning about products and sharing information
* How to manage a team, how to develop and grow a business
* The most supportive, encouraging and empowering team of women I have ever met
* Continuing on my growth path and get finding the drive to do it
* Each time I make a woman smile buy showing her how beautiful she is inside and out
Director of Sales
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IAMay 14, 2015
I started my day with calls to my unit girls. Checked with each team member to make sure they were on track of all sales, any issues and concerns. Gave daily updates to challenge them to do better with sales, and personal growth. Prepared monthly newsletter for unit; shared achievements and accomplishments. Conducted weekly meeting in the house and offered time for facials and team bonding.

Prepared and honored team members to reach for the Mary Kay company goals. Encouraged all members to attend yearly awards banquet in Dallas, TX.

Enjoyed working with daily inspirational and faith-filled routines.
I love working with all types of people.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Portage, MIMay 12, 2015
Pros: Love being around people.
Cons: I am going to need health Insurance.
I spend about 4 hour's daily in my office, otherwise I am on the road meeting with potential customer's. I have learned to manage my time better. I have always enjoyed communicating with various types of people. I am definitely a people person.
Mary Kay
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 12, 2015
Pros: communication and social skills
Cons: time managment
A typical day at work consists of writing and recording customer receipts, socializing with customers about their beauty needs, mailing newsletters, and shipping customer orders. I keep track of all sales and expenses i make throught the day.
Having this job has taugth me valuable comunication skills and social interaction skills. How to make my own ads and manage my money.
I manage this as my own independent business.
The hardest part of this job is managing my time.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the constant interaction with others.

1 2 3 4 5

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries