Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,284 reviews matching the search
Fun Work Environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alliance, OHAugust 17, 2017
I was able to meet new people and gain experience along with new friends through the position. It was a relaxed atmosphere and the management was easy going.
the most enjoyable part of the job...
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Floyd, VAAugust 17, 2017
The most enjoyable part of Mary Kay for me has been working with women to close the gap from where they are to where they want to be. To watch a woman realize her own strengths and talents and then make the decision to WALK in those strengths in pursuit of becomming who GOD has called her to be is nothing short of amazing!
Fullfilling
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wolcottville, INAugust 17, 2017
Excellent company, advancement, flexible schedule, benefits, travel, prizes, excellent pay, awesome work atmosphere, company recognition, God first family second career third
fun products
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAAugust 16, 2017
Work your own hours - ability to meet people and fill thier needs.
Easy to work for. Ability to receive extra compensation as your income increases.
Pros
free time with your family
Cons
going out in bad weather when needing to deliver products
Best manager ever!
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CAAugust 15, 2017
I would do data entry, stock merchandise, put together orders, and create newsletter. It was an easy and relaxed paced job, not at all stressful. Would work here again.
Pros
Free food, access to television, very flexible schedules
Cons
Caring work environment that values their employees
Senior Scientist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 15, 2017
Mary Kay values their employees, giving them ample opportunity to grow and succeed in their careers. They value work/life balance, and create an environment of camaraderie, trust, and appreciation. The culture is unique for a large company and is something that is treasured and preserved by the employees.
fun and flexible
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Moundsville, WVAugust 15, 2017
Fun, flexible empowering work environment. A great group of women always helping each other to be the most successful representative possible. A nice balance of work and home life.
Great self employment
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 14, 2017
Great start to being self employed. Very enjoyable. Excellent company to stay with for the long run. Excellent perks. Best way to stay knowledgeable on new tips in the beauty industry
Great company to be associated with for many reasons!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work involved meeting new prospective clients and later contacting them to set up a skin care/cosmetic appointment. Organizing data in computer system in order to better service clients and maintain accurate inventory of skin care/cosmetic products. Other days I would meet with clients, get to know them better and evaluate what products were needed to accommodate their needs and desires to look and feel better. The workplace was great considering I was able to work from home and make my own schedule, however it can be difficult to be limited to working from a home environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse group of people and playing such a prominent role in helping others feel more confident through the use of great products from a high-quality, philanthropic company.
Pros
Wholesale discounts, working with different people
Cons
Being limited in work space
Great Products.
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2017
Love going the extra mile specially when is your own business, working with christian women, that are always looking for your well being while moving ahead and specially if they succeed we succeed that is the best part.
Pros
your own business
Cons
You have to have to have big inventory, no every body can.
i liked it
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, TXAugust 14, 2017
I was going to high school and working during the weekends or the summer... its was fun I enjoyed it while it lasted I would do it again if I could. I was a personal assistant organizing the products and setting up for events.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Fun workplace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 12, 2017
Mary Kay is a fun place to work but it is very competitive due to how many consultants there are in the are and surrounding areas, Pay is based on how much product you sell and how many clients you have. I found it hard to build my clients so eventually I was just in it for the discounts for family and myself there are a lot of fun brunch meetings and you can win a lot of cool things but in order for your business to strive you have to be able to put out money and also put in a lot of time to build clients
Pros
alot of free stuff and 50% off makeup
Cons
hard to build clients
Inconsistent work for a college student
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  HomeAugust 11, 2017
It can be a good job if you are willing to put in a lot of time, effort, and money. It's hard to get started with the company as it can be very costly
Pros
immediate money
Cons
hard to find clients
Fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fallbrook, CAAugust 10, 2017
Loved making new connections and playing with makeup everyday. Enjoyed informing people of their skin care needs. Fun the throw parties and meet new people.
Direct Sales
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2017
Mary Kay Inc. is a direct sales cosmetics company. The company itself is great but my director was the worst. She was very rude to me on several different occasions because I was not making my sales goal.
i love the mk life
Independent Beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
Mary Kay is awesome for moms who want more time with their children. This is an awesome way of extra income. I love the ability to do for my son with the extra funds that I make from mary kay.
Pros
networking, discount on makeup, meeting new people
Good job!
Assistant to Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTAugust 8, 2017
This was more of a beginner job. If you like just assisting someone with small tasks, this is the job for you. It was slow paced and really flexible. I just didn't have enough hours.
Love
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 8, 2017
I can work it around my schedule.

Wonderful products, no pressure, no stress.

You are in charge of your own money, so you can do as much or as little as you'd like.
Work on your own schedule
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2017
This job is a great job to an extent. You work on your own schedule. Dont have to work if you dont want to. You can work as little as you like and as much as you like. But you have to consider that it is also based on the people you get a show for. If they are going to buy determines if you are going to make money or not.
Pros
work on your own time.
Cons
You may not make money
Fun place to work
customer service and bookings (Current Employee) –  Pheba, MSAugust 8, 2017
I love the flexibility and being my own boss, also love the new people I meet and the experience of making women feel and look beautiful. the company has so much to offer for simply working your business and doing what you love.
Pros
Being a free car driver, prizes and promotions