Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Great fun, hard work
Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2016
Enjoyed the comradery of consultants and the fusion we had with the community in Texas where this business is based I thoroughly enjoyed this position.
Pros
Good opportunity
Cons
Not enough money made.
Perfect job for people that want to be their own boss
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 23, 2016
I love working for Mary Kay. Flexible hours and there's nowhere to go but up! you get out of this job what you put into it. The leadership we have provides so much help and support to ensure we are doing the best we possibly can.
I have expounded upon my customers service skills and created an excellent customer base for myself.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job with Mary Kaye cosmetics is that I have the opportunity of servicing women and men from different ethnic backgrounds that love using the product. I truly enjoy being able to help anyone that needs and wants to partake of what Mary Kaye Cosmetics has to offer.
Pros
My Company allows me flexibility in my schedule. We are also rewarded regularly for our success.
Beauty Consultant
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 18, 2016
The flexibility, time management skills, sisterhood, being my own boss, ability to move up a career corporate ladder are all benefits of being a Mary Kay beauty consultant.
Excellent place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 13, 2016
This the best place I have work, wish I would have never quit. Plenty of room for advancement. Benefits are great. The recognize good work and reward you for it.....
Pros
Great work environment
Best Company Ever
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAFebruary 11, 2016
I love everything about Mary Kay. The make up is well made, good quality, and affordable. Fellow Consultants are super nice and loving. Group meetings are always a blast and very motivational.
Great Benefits
Senior Import/Export Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas,TexasFebruary 11, 2016
This is a great company with an awesome culture and fabulous benefits!! Management sometimes is not forth coming and trust is an issue. They do try an promote growth of everyone.
New enviroment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYFebruary 8, 2016
Enjoy working here, gave me a new career out on reception. Miss working here. Only thing bad about this job is not benefits.
Pros
great team
Cons
no benefits
Worst Decision Ever
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 8, 2016
Terrible job, you will lose your money, this was the worst decision i ever made, they are thieves, i promise you they are thieves
uncapped income,your own business on your time, fun sorority type bond forms with your Mary Kay sisters and brothers
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 6, 2016
a typical day of work for me consist of talking to the people i feel could benefit from the use of our products on line at the grocery store, at my hair appointment, salon etc... its a really organic way of doing business and i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love that i am working for a company that values me. i have learned how to belllter connect with my peers better time management and business savvy when it comes to purchasing inventory. The most enjoyable part of ny job is the freedom.
Pros
independece, diamond rings, cars, recognition
Cons
None!
Mary Kay
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 5, 2016
I love my job as a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and I love their products. I do not consider this to be a full time job because I only do it for fun. I mainly only sell to my close family and friends.
Fun workplace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Not enough money to support a family. Need to spend a lot time trying to sell the products. I didn't get the best training to sell the products, but I did get the best Director to convinced me to make my first purchased of $1,800, which I lost almost all my money.
Pyramid Scheme
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 2, 2016
Not enough money.
Lies/ mis-information about important things.
Sales doesn't account for shipping and handling
Direct makes first order which was huge and purchased things that I wasn't able to sell
Purchased lots of samples that aren't sellable and you aren't able to return them to the company.
Entrepreneurship
Entrepreneur/Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 1, 2016
One of the best Companies to work for. A company where you can make a difference. Meet all types of women and men who love making positive strides in networking, marketing and sales. Work hard and earn a living as a mentor and a boss. Lots of growth.
Pros
Meet New People
Cons
Must be able to except rejections.
Work on your own time
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2016
This is a great company for those who want to work their own schedule. I work when I can and make money. I typically work short days and have more time to spend with my kids and family.
Excllent business
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 31, 2016
This is a great company to work for. You set your own hours and schedule as a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant. The products are great and worth the expense.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
changes in products
Being Your Own Boss
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Calling clients to check on needs.
Getting new leads by accumulating referrals or talking with people.
Holding one-on-one appointments with clients.
Holding/doing parties.
In-putting orders and customer information into computer.
Build a team of consultants and act as their mentor.
Upbeat and rewarding
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Fun environment. You are your own boss and make of it what you want. Very supporting team. But also have to push hard for what you want to achieve for your business.
great training and educational support
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 18, 2016
I used to be an independent Mary Kay consultant, so I had to manage my time and work on developing my clientele base.
My director and team were very nice and supportive people.
very good place to work
Service-Now administrator/developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 13, 2016
this one my best company i worked so far ,here manager are very good and nice to employer.and i like dress code and lot of friendly atmosphere.

4.4