Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc is a wonderful opportunity!
Team Leader Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Mary Kay, Inc is an excellent company to work! There is lots of room for advancement. Work at your own pace. Fun atmosphere and allows to meet lots of different people. Training always available...online, at meetings, etc. Opportunities to travel and learn from Top National Sales Directors from across the country! Managers provide incentives to advance to the next level through prizes and competitions. Excellent income potential! 50% Buying power, as well as low stress work environment. Access to discounts with different retailers, such as AT&T, Tmobile, Kinkos, Office Depot, etc. You determine your salary, but have opportunities to acquire Bonuses and Commissions, as well as other prizes like trips, etc. I enjoy being a part of the Mary Kay Team! It has afforded me great earning potential, allows me to set my own schedule, which is very important as a mom and military spouse!
Pros
Make your own schedule. Can work anywhere.
Make your own schedule
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2018
You can make your own schedule with Mary Kay and do it whenever you please! I love that the company is so encouraging and motivating to help you succeed in your business.
Awesome Opportunity
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 2, 2018
This is an awesome opportunity to learn and practice professionalism, build people skills and self confidence and earn a free car! When you are with a winning team like mine, you can't go wrong!
Pros
Unlimited earning capacity
Direct Sales Company
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 30, 2017
It's a Direct Sales Company that used to be good. Nowadays there are better companies with better compensation plans and you work with your team for the same goal.
Cons
compensation Plan
Fun and family oriented
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaDecember 30, 2017
I have trouble finding people that are interested in the products. I personally love their new products. I learned some sales skills and make up application skills. I enjoyed working with the other consultants and they became like sisters to me.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
no healthcare
All about Mary Kay Cosmetics Inc
Beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2017
This company builds your self-esteem as well as your self-image. The Golden Rule applies every day. The management is there to serve you! The company philosophies are God first-Family second and Career third. I learned time management skills as well as organization skills. It is with great pride that I have been a part of this fabulous successful company! The success of Mary Kay Inc. is much,much deeper than just dollars and cents and buildings and assets. The real success of this company is measured in the lives that have been touched and given hope. I received the ability to think positively so to pass that onto my family.
Positive
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLDecember 28, 2017
Positive and productive. A great work environment for those who love business, makeup, and marketing. I had a great experience working with my consultant.
Fun
Independent beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 27, 2017
You get what you put into it. It's a direct sales company. But amazing girl friends and there's a saying we live by. God first family second career third and do to others as you would yourself
positive
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 26, 2017
loved the positive advancement collaborative opportunity with this company. I wanted and pursued huge dreams and goals. I learned incredible training. What you put in is what you get out of it.
Selling & Team Building
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 26, 2017
Depends on how much traveling you want to do to build this business on your own. At one time I was willing to go over the road. At this time I am not willing to do that with this business.

Enjoy sales very much and am good at this profession. Looking for the right fit at this time of my life.
Pros
Money great
Cons
No benefits, alot of travel
Self-employment position
Beauty Consultant/Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 24, 2017
Great job allowed me to set my own hours, be available for my kids, provided a free leased car based on my sales attainment. Requires discipline because it is self-managed. Must purchase healthcare, not provided.
Amazing Advancement
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, NYDecember 22, 2017
I loved working for Mary Kay. Teaching skincare classes and training with amazing and dynamic women was so fun. I work a lot of hours each week. It was very competitive.
Pros
amazing perks
Cons
competitive
Mary kay; got to invest to make $
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2017
I was excited to start Mary Kay, but I soon found out after purchasing my start up kit for over 100.00, that was just the beginning. No warm up. The sales director calls me and says to make a order of a min. of 600.00 for my first order! Sigh.
Pros
make 50%
Cons
Store cost is not cheap/
Mary Kay
Assistant to Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SC 29483December 20, 2017
I found working for my employer to be enjoyable. it was competitve and helped me learn more sales lesson and experience. i was able to add to my toolbelt of experience.
work from home
Consultant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 20, 2017
Mary Kay is one of the best companies to work for, because you truly get what you put into it. It's a fun job because you get to speak to women and help them feel beautiful. It is difficult because you have to be very organized and consistent with your clients, but it offers a ton of support, rewards, and advancement if you try hard and do a good job.
Great culture
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Colfax, CADecember 20, 2017
Love this company and what it stands for. I can set my own hours and work at my pace. The culture is second to none, and allows me to keep my priorities in order.
Very Social and Interactive
Director (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2017
Very good as a temporary or part time job as a contractor. I enjoyed my time with my peers and especially my customers. Training was exceptinally and I have been able to utilize in my other careers.
Flexibility
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  North Huntingdon, PADecember 14, 2017
I love that this career offers flexibility. It also offers you a chance to advance at your own speed. You can spend a lot of time and energy and develop a huge team. Or you can simply service your own customers.
Pros
You can advance as far as you want.
Cons
You must be self-motivated.
Slow
Process Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2017
Even though work life balance is good, a person still must be able to make a living.
At the time, the night supervisor was scum, an i think he has been replaced.
They rarely believe the floor workers over management.
Since the family of Mary Kay are no longer involved with the operations, I feel as if the company has taken a greed approach to being successful and not the Mary Kay way as designed.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not the Mary Kay way anymore
God first, family second, career third.
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dixon, ILDecember 12, 2017
It's a great job for anyone that has a passion for make up, enjoys hanging out with the girls, doing others make up, making others feel beautiful about them selves. Everyone on your team is really there for you like a family.