Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun work experience
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 13, 2016
I enjoyed meeting new people and helping them find a product that helps them with their need. The benefits of reaching each goal was rewarding in every way possible
Fun and sometimes Challenging work place
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNMarch 16, 2017
A typical work day consisted of me making reminder calls to potential customers. I would make certain that I had the correct skin types for each potential client. I would also make certain that I had snacks, water, and hostess for each gathering. Some parties were very successful and other times people would not even show up. Overall this was a nice experience for me, sometimes it was profitable and other times it felt like the parties were purely for promotion of the items.
Pros
I designed my own schedule.
Cons
inconsistent funds
Productive and a fun place to work
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2017
The day started by reviewing our production sheets with our fellow employees, they will take over where we left off at. I've learned a lot there. Miss that company very much. The management was terrific. The company in general made you feel like you were working with family. the wasn't really a hardest part of any job. Most enjoyable part of the job every year Mary Kay Corporation would rent out Six Flags Over Dallas for the employees.
Pros
free lunch on your birthday and anniversary
Cons
Positive people, who are supportive and anxious to see eachother suceed.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 26, 2017
There is no management structure. It is a direct sales company; where each consultant is their own, independent business owner. But the company offers extensive training material and classes, to teach you to run your own business. And your business is only as successful as you make it.
My experience has been mostly positive. The other consultants and sales directors are very supportive, friendly and always make themselves available to me. There are weekly meetings, for training and new product launch. And many opportunities offered to grow your business.
The most difficult aspects that I've found in being a Mary Kay Consultant is that there is a very narrow customer base and so many other product lines to compete with; everything costs money out of pocket; I have to order from the company every month just to stay "active"; and much of my money spent, is used on free sample products, used to generate business, with no guarantee of a return.
Pros
Ability to make my own schedule; 50% commission on all sales
Cons
Does not offer a steady income; limited customer base
Independent Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13205March 19, 2017
As an "Independent" Beauty Consultant, you are your own Boss, make your own hours.
You design your day on how you want your business to run. Making calls to schedule and verify appointments, holding appointments.
I love meeting new people, networking and holding appointments.
The women in Mary Kay (working with) is not like any other. We are encouraging, motivating and helping others up the "ladder" of success.
Since I am a people person, I love sitting with men and women - teaching them about skin care - and watch the change that is happening when they fall in love with the product the very first time using it.
Pros
Mary Kay is one of the top companies to work with
Cons
you are your own boss and you must be desciplined
Fulfilling Career
Independent Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCMarch 13, 2017
Mary Kay is a very fulfilling and exciting career. The sister consultants are supportive, positive and encouraging. Earning potential is unlimited, prizes are rewards are numerous, and goals are celebrated in fantastic and fun ways. It is the ultimate pink bubble that seems almost too good to be true.
Pros
Encouragement, free training, unlimited earning potential
Cons
Inventory is strongly reccomended
Positive work enviorment
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2017
On a typical day I would first check my email. I would call back clients interested in make up. I loved teaching people how to apply make up. I learned how to manage my own company and be my own boss. I learned time management. The hardest part of the job was waiting for customers to need more product.
Pros
My own boss, work from home
Cons
waiting for people
Very positive work environment with dedicated members
Skin Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHMarch 27, 2017
This was a job that requires a lot of dedication, patience, and a positive way of thinking. it required high organization skills, as it is a job where you are creating your own kind of business from the ground up with only the products available to you. It was a place where the people you worked with were supportive, welcoming, and encouraging, but you needed a passion for what the company offered that just didn't fit my interests.
Pros
great work environment, you work to what fits your schedule
Cons
inconsistent pay
Amazing
Sr. Sales Director Mary Kay Cosmetics (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2016
Teaching women about skin care. It's a consumable product so you get paid over & over, as long as you give good service!!
Skin Care Classes & facials & deliveries are part of each day.
I learned more than I can convey in a few words!
I have excellent sales skills as in this business you deal with all types of personalities.
Your "managers" are your recruiters & they are your biggest cheerleaders.
You get to choose your co-workers, huge bonus!
Hardest part of the job is of course rejection, that's just part of sales.
Most enjoyable are the people you meet & help feel better about themselves.
Pros
free cars, jewelry, prizes
Cons
must be self motivated
self employed
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 17, 2016
I loved working for myself it allowed me flexibility and the opportunity to raise my children from home. The money was excellent and i loved being able to connect with different people.
Pros
working for self
Beautiful Company with Beautiful People
Sales Director's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galena, OHNovember 22, 2016
Great time management and flexible schedule as a full-time student, easy communication with boss on hours, simple but productive tasks, wonderful opportunity to meet people and create relationships
Pros
Great first job, flexible hours, fun to do!
Cons
Inconsistency with hours with boss, little pay for amount of work
Mary Kay is a great entrepreneurial business for women.
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home based businessDecember 20, 2016
A great company with no limit to what you can make. You can advance yourself as quickly or as slowly as you would like. Mary Kay has more women making over 100 thousand a year than any other company in the world. Mary Kay is in over 30 countries now! There is no end in site for this company. Still Family owned and opp-orated and completely debt free.
Pros
You can move up the corporate ladder as fast or as slow as you desire.
Cons
I think some personality types are better at this kind of jobs than others.
opportunity, freedom and success
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2016
-Connect with new people daily
-Improve lives
-Provide excellent service to customers
-Phone calls
-Constant product orders
-Meeting goals daily
-Sales all day
Pros
Meeting new people, prizes, compensation
Cons
Takes alot of time and effort
Fun, exciting work place
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJanuary 5, 2017
You completely control your income and your work hours. There is no pressure at all to make a sale. There are great team members to help you throw partys and get your business running and incurage you to keep it going.
Pros
You get to be your own boss, self management, work as little ir as much as you want, great team members to help you.
Cons
Monthly requirements
Director of Sales
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2017
*Manage my own business with independent sales consultants under my
direct supervision.
*Implement corporate training and classes.
*Implement marketing strategies for my business.
*Manage all fiscal responsibilities.
*Promotion of products to enhance sales growth.
Positive and productive business with lovely exquisite products!!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 27, 2016
A typical day is full, but it can be done at your own scheduled plan. For me I would know all my products... follow up with customers sold and referrals and scheduled parties and guests. Always make time to meet and be ready to meet new potential clients.
Pros
Being your own boss and representing and always having in stock such awesome products.
Cons
Not being told you need to have ongoing income with another job, or saved up as you attempt to reach your goals through the business model.
Excellent potential for personal growth.
Skin Care Consultant/Director (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORDecember 29, 2016
Scheduling appts.
People skills, skin care needs for all skin types
I was in Management & earned a car
Awesome women to work with
Keeping appts
Income
Pros
Flexible working hours, earning potential
Cons
Keeping your books full of appointments
What I like and dislike this job.
Independent Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXSeptember 15, 2016
My typical day at was good love selling items and learning new things. I've learned how to improve myself to put on make up on me and on costumers. Showing the costumers the new product that we had and make the sell. Always ask the costumers if they want to be a part of the group. My management was alright not 100% complaint, was really hard to get a hold of her. I work by myself making the sells and getting ladies into Mary Kay Inc. My hardest part of my job was nothing just working alone. I love my job that every time We get new items and new clients.
Mary Kay Cosmetics
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 28, 2017
This is a fabulous company to work for! I love that it is family oriented and I can work and advance at a pace that works for my life. My profit it based on the amount of work I put into the business. and I love that I can work this business around my other life commitments.
Pros
free cars, 50% profit off of all sales, glamorous prizes and trips to earn, life long friends
Cons
I honestly can't think of anything
Great balance
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I've been a Consultant with Mary Kay for 9 years. I love the balance between Faith, Family, and Career. I love what I do but I don't want to sacrifice my family for it. I love that I can have it all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.