Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2016
Professionalism
Assistance from experienced co-workers
Flexible work schedule
Awards and recognition for hardworking consultant
Skincare Education
Commission on behalf of new recruits
Car rewards
Pros
commission, 50% discount for consultants
Successful at home business
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 8, 2016
Ability to work at your own pace and your own hours.

Manage customer orders, shipments, and satisfaction. Salary is unlimited.
Very interesting and fun experience
graphic design (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 6, 2016
Help design business cards for consultant and how to deal with deadlines on a timely manner. I would be design multiple cards for other consultants in the company and have a really good time working on the projects that they give me.
I love Mary Kay
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJanuary 6, 2016
This is the best place to work, MK is always positioning the team for growth, the people are nice overall, the hardest part is getting to know who is who!
Cons
productive fun and loving co-workers with large lunch room
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 5, 2016
I love working at Mary Kay. its a great work environment. I only hope to get a pay raise. what I do is in a timely manner handle product placing them in set areas for assemblers. wrap pallets and ship them. scan labels into set areas. help coworkers keep up production.
Pros
light work
Cons
alot of light work at once any giving day
My Own
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJanuary 3, 2016
I just do MK on the side for friends, family, and myself. I use it to get all of us make-up and girly stuff at half off.

I don't like that when I haven't placed an order is a (X) amount of time they make my next purchase make to be 500, so I can activate my discount for us all.
Excellent opportunity for women to earn limitless salary by hard work
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2015
Calling potential customers
Filling customer orders
Holding Mary Kay events
Meeting new people on a daily basis
Learned to work with all types of customers
Follow-up on potential orders
Focused and enthusiastic co-workers
Excellent training opportunities
Being available 24/7 was the most difficult part of the position
Bringing opportunity for women to fufill their dreams of success
Pros
Able to meet all types of people and work with focused women
Cons
Constantly on call for customers
Great
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CADecember 28, 2015
You can work when you'd like, you get to meet new people, and its great to see people happy with products they enjoy. Other consultants, directors, etc. are always so bubbly and excited. They are always friendly and enjoyable to be around.
Excellent on the go fun
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Augusta, AR and Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2015
* maintained a balance for my director
* I learned the importance of customer service
* management was excellent. provided lots of support
* excellent coworkers and many content experts
* hardest part of job was developing customer base
* most enjoyable part of the job was working with the directors to set up the parties and generating income from them
Pros
excellent opportunities, many at higher levels were willing to do whatever they could to assist
Cons
more benefits besides products would have been nice. ex: medical benefits
Network Marketing
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCDecember 10, 2015
Made calls daily to set up consultations and attended weekly sales meetings. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping provide products that satisfied their needs. The market was saturated with MK consultants, so finding new clients was a challenge. Client appointments were usually evenings and weekends which was not optimal.
Pros
Own boss, discount on products
Cons
Required more evening and weekend appointments
Busy but Not
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHDecember 8, 2015
Some days were spent at home emailing, texting, and calling customers to sell cosmetics. And others were spent having a Mary Kay party and completing sales. Mary Kay has taught me how to handle all sorts of people. The hardest part of the job was getting people to buy the cosmetics when they did not believe in the business. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people.
Pros
you create your schedule
benefits
flexible and teachable job with free gifts
Mary Kay Leader Consultant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 8, 2015
A flexible job with amazing products to sell. You get to be your own boss and decide how many hours and days you want to work. coworkers are respectful and helpful. The best part is that you can set your own goals and choose how fast or slow you want to move to the next level in the company.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
limited edition products
Poor Training
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVDecember 5, 2015
My Supervisor did not train me properly and was never there for support if I needed help or had questions. I felt forced into basically begging to get parties booked.
Pros
I got to meet new people
Cons
Getting parties booked
Flexible
Director's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 30, 2015
I work as an assistant for a great director. Flexible hours. Nice pay. She is very supportive and understanding of my school and work balance life.
Great Place To Work
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 25, 2015
I get to build my own schedule and am ultimately accountable for all success I have. As a consultant you get to meet women from all walks of life and knowing that I can impact so many people in such a positive light is so rewarding.
awesome
Consultant-self employed (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MINovember 21, 2015
awesome loved the people that i met through this job but i just did not have all that much of a customer base so i stopped selling mary kay
Very freindly productive work experience
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 19, 2015
I loved working at Data Bank everyone work was appreciated we even have worker appreciation day. I loved eorking in this enviornment everyone treated you so well and left you to do your work.
Rewarding in reaching clients in new ways
Independent Beauty Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GANovember 18, 2015
A typical day at Mary Kay, Inc. is going into a session with a group of individuals, mostly women and performing skin care classes to teach women how to have long term skins results. What I love about Mary Kay is that their is no co-workers involved; however, our team do meet on a regular basis to reward each individual for their own personal efforts for their business. I enjoy the meeting simply because individuals from all walks of life attend and I can get first hand techniques to better by business. The most rewarding part of my job is to see women who may have came with low self esteem, depression issues, or self worth issues gain confident in herself again knowing that she aren't along.
Pros
Meeting new individuals and sales
Cons
Product delay in sales
Customer service, fun place to work, and getting to meet new people
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 16, 2015
Customer service and marketing is priority; however, building rapports with potential customers is very important in this line of work. It's good to learn and teach about skin care and beauty regimens.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Best Direct Sales Company
Team Leader- Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  No territoriesNovember 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of being an Independent Mary Kay Beauty consultant is to help other women feel good about themselves. People in Mary Kay always build each other, there's no competition because everyone help the other to reach their goals. Excellent philosophy. Great leadership learning process.

4.4