Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

I loved working for Mary Kay Inc.
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee), NationwideFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: gift incentives
I loved this job. You can set your own hours, excellent training and you get to meet new and interesting people each and everyday.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), ..................................................February 12, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
I love working for Mary Kay. You learn new techniques about cosmetics. You get the chance to interact with people. The management is great and a very rewarding company.
sales
Sales/teller (Former Employee), san diegoFebruary 10, 2015
I loved being an independent Team Leader and Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay. The willingness of everyone to help anyone, whether they benefited from it or not was one of my favorite things. I loved working with my customers and helping them to feel better about themselves not only on the outside with skin care and makeup, but also on the inside as I built long lasting relationships.
Fun Career Choice
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: the product isn't very popular
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants manage and run their own business. It is their responsibility to maintain inventory, provide customer service, manage their profits, and abide by Mary Kay guidelines of operation.
A very good place to work for.
Multiple Positions Latest Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: was not supervised, knew what i had to do.
Cons: way too many chiefs and not enough workers
As I held many positions at Mary Kay it would be difficult to sumarise a full day of work since each day was different. I would work in engineering, quality and production floor.
Highly ethical and professional company and co-workers
Team Leader (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: no dependable income
Create your own workplace
Sales Expert (Former Employee), Ocala, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free products
Cons: you create your own paycheck by how hard you work, rough start for some
You create your own workplace and create your own schedule. It is just like owning your own business.You have to have your all into it if you want to make it a career. It is not easy to start for some people but if you concentrate at the task at hand it becomes easier.
Good Work Enviornment
Brand Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Mary Kay is a great company to work for. They take pride in their work. Proud to have been part of their company.
fun, i love meeting new people
Image Consultant/Corporate gifting (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: making people beautiful and feel beautiful
Cons: cancelled appointments
A typical day would involve assessing individual skin care and makeup need and providing customers with products to fit their needs. Answering calls, email, and website orders. delivering products as needed and answering questions of workers and customers. Keeping up with inventory is also a vital part of what I do
Life changing
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), NY, NYJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: everything!!
Cons: being your own boss takes discipline
Must be self-motivated and believe in yourself. Amazing company. Great support, unlimited potential
fun independent work where you work on your time
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 15, 2015
Hosted cosmetic parties and had fun doing makeovers. Had to sometimes teach step by step on how to do make-up and facial treatments. I had to entertain ladies, keep it interesting and about them, convince them that they are beautiful and deserved it.
If you dedicate all your time you can make millions
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: own schedule, no requirements to meet but your own
Cons: need tons of self motivation
Make your own hours, the harder you work the more leads you get. Management is always helpful, you develop great business skills and confidence in yourself!
You work independently so it can be hard
Hardest part is motivating your self and pushing through other peoples walls and boundaries.
Most enjoyable is when you sell anything!
Easy, fun, and enjoyable
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Midland, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: setting my own hours, set my own income, new friends
Cons: not having customers order at parties
I set my own hours, sell as much as I want and earn as much as I want. I am able to teach others about skin care and still work other jobs and go to school. Products sell themselves once he/she tries the products. Everyone with skin is a potential customer, and I am a walking billboard!
Great environment, amazing employees
Brand Development Intern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 8, 2015
I gained a great deal of real world experiences while Interning with Mary Kay for 2 summers. I was able to experience corporate culture and what it is like to work for a large, global company. I learned skills in Branding, marketing, business development and processing. I assisted members of the brand development team on various projects both in the concept phase and products that will be going to market in the near future. I received so much support from everyone I worked with, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Fantastic company with amazing people that made me enthusiastic about the branding/marketing world.
Great faithful women
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Love it! Great opportunities to build relationships. If you love skincare and makeup, this is the company for you.
Fun Environment
TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: takes time out of work
Cons: takes time out of work
I would welcome Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants and Directors to our corporate office by cheering with pom-poms. I learned that Mary Kay, Inc. takes good care of the Independent Sales Consultants.
Lots of fun and you meet great ladies!!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Lakewood, OHJanuary 7, 2015
Mary Kay is a wonderful company that gives you the skills to succeed in business.
Great job
Inventory Manager (Former Employee), stockbridge, gaDecember 31, 2014
• Assist in inventory, Stocking, Labeling, taking orders, Delivery
• Increased sales in first six months by 12%
Production worker
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 27, 2014
The place is a good place to work. there is a lot of standing on your feet. There is room to advance to other levels.
My love for Mary Kay
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), South Holland, ILDecember 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: people not wanting to help out
Mary Kay, Inc has been in my live since I was a child and I love how it helps with communication skills. It helps with improvement as well. The work was confusing at first but watching a DVD on how to work and then going out to other people's houses who are willing to help you help or join is a great experience. My supervisor has been a great help and a great person to go to for help. The hardest part of the job is finding people who are actually willing to let you do their make-up and hand treatments but it did get easier.

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries