Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Selling Makeup!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLDecember 10, 2017
Go to ladies homes and have makeup parties and let them try all of the products that there is to buy. I learned how to apply makeup and to look and feel great about mu self.
Pros
Having parties
Cons
This is a commission only job.
Stressful
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 9, 2017
this is a beautiful company that I really had to worked to make the income you need and more. when I started this business I din't know English and that was a huge challenge.
Pros
amazing discount
Cons
Get to know amazing ladies and positive environment.
self employment at Sales Director
Self Employed Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 8, 2017
This is a business I owed. Provided customer service and training to over 300 customers and 50 consultants. Maintained Relational Database Management System for customer product usage, wholesale orders, consultant orders and training curriculum. Trained consultants how to use database to run Crystal Reports for tracking and analyzing their customer database. In addition, performed customizable ad-hoc queries and maintained a system of checks and balances to guarantee data integrity. Additionally taught marketing, skincare procedures, money management, and held weekly business meetings to track consultants’ success rates in initial sales and reorders.
day of work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 6, 2017
This is a hard job to do, not only are you self employed you have to sale the products that you have. a lot of phone calls and house calls for house party
Good side job
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Menomonie, WIDecember 5, 2017
I worked with a rep of Mary Kay and it was very easy going and I could come and go when i wanted and nothing to really complain about. There were a couple of stressful times when I had done what the boss wanted but then she changed what she told me.
Pros
easy going
Cons
sometimes unorganized
Confidence Promoting
Advanced Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arnold, MODecember 4, 2017
I love working for Mary Kay! It builds confidence, work on your own pace, promotions available all the time. Wonderful Directors, wonderful product. The product sell itself.
I love changing peoples life
Sales/Marketing & Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJDecember 3, 2017
I enjoy making people happy about their make up looks.
Great opportunities in management. You make your own time and decide when to work. I think the hardest part will be keeping your recruiters dreams alive. Its such a nice feeling when you change someones life to better opportunities.
Pros
You decide when to work
Work your own hours
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2017
Great opportunity for stay at home moms. Ability to work from home and manage your own hours. Learn how to push yourself to meet sales/personal goals.
Best place to work
independent beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  free roamNovember 30, 2017
you are you own boss. You decide how much you want to be paid and you make your own schedule. Must have funds to get started. Truly a business decision for any entrepreneur.
Productive Work Environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 29, 2017
A typical day at work was very fun because you associated with customers ad grab their attention to the product. Working here I learned patience, how to relate to customers and have a positive attitude.
Pros
Friendly, Descent pay
Cons
No cons
Productive and fun
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 28, 2017
Loved this career and all the exciting team work that happens within its system! Highly motivated upline to help you grow in your business. Help is always a phone call away, true Group effort to help you succeed with in the area. Love the women involved in their career to help others.
Over populated
Self Employed (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, AL 36507November 26, 2017
Mary Kay is a great company however if you are going to start in this business please see how many reps are in your local area and surrounding because in my area it is extremely overpopulated and impossible to find customers
Pros
Discount, great products and mission work
Cons
Over populated, to many reps not enough customers.
Mary Kay
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  VermontNovember 25, 2017
I loved the atmosphere and teaching community in the company. The leadership was superb. I grew a great team and moved up the career ladder very quickly. It offered me my first foray into the world of business and started my life on a new trajectory.
Pros
Training
Cons
Grew too fast
Busy
Business owner (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MINovember 15, 2017
Keeps you very busy. Not recommended for career, do it for fun. If you are willing to ask random people if they want a free makeover it may be a great career for you to try.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Takes a lot of time establishing clients
Mary Kay
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 13, 2017
I maintain a client base while providing good customer service and customer knowledge of the products being offered. I do have to meet deadlines and quotas which can be stressful if I have had a slow month. I am quick on my feet and offer specials to my loyal customers as well as providing incentives to purchase more product. I make calls daily to my fellow team mates so we are all on track to having a common goal. I provide training to the team members who may need it to learn the business. I find the hardest part of the job is maintaining the monthly goals, but this is also the best part of the job because it keeps me on my toes and my team members and I enjoy the rewards of the success of these difficult goals.
Being an Independent Consultant was great!
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 13, 2017
I worked as an independent consultant for MK. The compensation plan was generous, the leadership training availability was amazing, the support and coaching was incredible, and the ability to create my own future was too good to pass up.
Progressive Company
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJNovember 10, 2017
I really enjoyed Mary Kay and their products. I did like my position there, but right now, I am seeking better employment.. Just want to expand more of my administrative ability with another company..
Pros
Great Products
Cons
it's all based on commission
Beneficail Secondary Job
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 9, 2017
Allows you to sale products at your own pace while making extra income. Prices for products could have been less expensive which would allow sales representative to make more money per item.
Beauty Consultant
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Current locationNovember 9, 2017
This is only to help women feel better about themselves. Requires contacting women to schedule skin care classes, delivering products and placing orders as needed.
Pros
helping women feel betterabout themselves
Cons
Sales
Great Company
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 8, 2017
I didnot work for MaryKay as a company but as an independent

Representative. It takes a lot to sell these products. The only way to

really see the money from being an independent Representative is

to recrut other people into the sells. Otherwise its a waste of time

and money.
Pros
You meet new people
Cons
You have to invest more time into talking to people about sells Thats not worth it.