Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employer Reviews

Self-employed
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2014
This is a part time business, I set my own hrs and sell products to my clients on regular basis.
Its a productive and very safe work-place
Sanitizer/Fork-lift operaor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, safe environment, clean, earth-friendly building
Cons: long hours with short breaks, advancement opportunities are seldom, low raises
Mary Kay is an awesome company! The company thrives on keeping all employees and visitors safe. The company is filled with pleasant people and a ton of committees to be apart of to stay in the know about whats going on within the company.
Beauty Consultant
Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: cosmetics
Cons: beauty products and health care
love to communicate with new people while buying products for them. how manage time with them. my co workers are helpful when I need some help
Free to work from where ever and whenever you would like.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: get to work for a company of high integrity, have lots of freedom, being my own boss
Cons: no consistant pay check; if you work you get paid. if you don't work, you don't get paid.
I get up and get beautiful for the day. I review my calendar. I make calls to set up appointments. I go out to meet people. I go to meetings, set up a get together with 7-10 clients and inform them of the Mary Kay Product and during this time set up more appointments. My director and co-workers are wonderful and extremely resourceful.
Great opportunity
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2014
It's a great opportunity to work from home and be my own boss. I also enjoy building relationships with other women while servicing their beauty needs.
Fun
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 23, 2014
Being apart of the Marykay Establishment was fun, because I enjoy doing Makeup.
Great company values
Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), CowetaAugust 10, 2014
Typical day includes reaching out to customers and receiving and fulfilling orders promptly.
You make it what it is.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Sharonville, OHAugust 8, 2014
I love working my business with Mary Kay. Owning my own business means that whenever I need some extra income, I can put some extra hours into my business and make some more money. It's amazing products and a wonderful company.
I am able to make my own hours but income is unstable.
Independant Sales Person (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasAugust 5, 2014
Pros: i make my own hours.
Cons: i don't have full control on how much i make in a month.
I love working with my customers. Providing them with the right products from Mary Kay, but my income is base on whether I have orders coming in and inventory I have available at the time. I don't plan to quit but I am looking for a career where I can flourish and enjoy my time. I want to feel good about what I am doing. I am a people pleasure. That – more... is the most important to me. – less
Supportive and Productive Work Environment
INDEPENDENT BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 50% comission
Easy access to product information. The tools for success are at my fingertips twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. My superiors are always willing to help.
i was ther for a year and a half
Independent Sales Consultant (F/T) (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: nice people and encouragement
Cons: not comfortable selling door to door
It was an ok job but it was not what i expected and i was not comfortable selling door to door
good work
Customer Service/Sales/management (Former Employee), mariettaJuly 23, 2014
train groups to do there job well and show them how to up sale. Help them how to look the part
meeting people on cold calling to start to have a makeover with this company
Unit Leader (Former Employee), Dallas TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: bonus checks. and 50% profit
Cons: getting people to a mk meeing
I would set my calendar that I would recruit 5 people for the week and went to meeting to learn the prouducts that were coming out..Focused mainly on building a person with Cosmetics but people by people and I did great...Won awards for my time and efforts.

I learned that people are generous and love free products

I reached the lever in Management – more... got awards and checks for my recruiting efforts.

Co workers were always there for me got along great

Finding new people to come to a meeting.

Most enjoyable is seeing the face of the women after I did the makeover on her.. Touches me to know I made that person feel great! – less
Great compnay with great benefits but lack in areas of advancement!
Production Line Technician II (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: 3 day work week
Cons: low pay and not enough hours
At Mary Kay a typical day included but was not limited to, keeping machines running and well maintained!
Networking and uplifting
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), IndianaJuly 15, 2014
My favorite part of this job is enriching women's lives which is our motto.
Needed more hours and money an hour
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: loved the customers and working with flowers. i learned how to make a formal bow.
Cons: no health insurance. needed more hours.
It was very hard to make a living on such a little amount of money. The managers were very unprofessional.
I love working for Mary Kay
MARY KAY BEAUTY CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Van, TXJuly 13, 2014
Pros: great hours
I make arrangements to host parties to do a beauty makeover, spend time knowing al individual needs. My co workers are great and very understanding
Everything relies on how hard you work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2014
You will do well if you work hard and if you do not work hard then you will not do as well. Even though you are considered to be your own boss, the company still offers rewards to keep to motivated.
Mary Kay offers so much versatility along with good fun. Unheard of in the general corporate setting!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Mid Michigan areaJuly 4, 2014
Pros: excellent financial opportunities, gifts, prizes, travel and free cars for those who are willing to work hard.
Cons: for some, being your own boss can result in disorganization and lack of work ethic.
Mary Kay is like water. It fits with everything else a person deals with in their life. It is a wonderful corporation that honors women in all stages of life. Both their products and work opportunities are the best!
A true company that values their employees
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Addison, TXJuly 1, 2014
The first thing I noticed about this company is the longevity of its employees. It is hard to walk down the hall and find someone who hasn't been employed at Mary Kay for 10-20 years. This company really does indeed care about their employees.

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more