Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employer Reviews

Excellent company to work for.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Burkburnett, TXMarch 21, 2014
•Holding skin care classes.
•Responsible for recruiting and training new beauty consultants.
•Manage all inventory and online orders daily.
•Empowering others through a positive and motivating environment.
•Update social media page often with specials and new products.
Amazing, Successful Women!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa Bay, FLMarch 18, 2014
Pros: fun, ability to control your own schedule, tons of support from your recruiter and directors, rewarding, discount on beauty products
Never in my life have I met such incredible women on a mission to make a difference. Mary Kay is a great place to work! Once you purchase your starter kit, you can immediately start booking appointments and hosting parties. It's a good idea to have some inventory on hand, but not required. $50 a year will set you up with your personalized MK website, – more... in which you can sell from and customers can have orders shipped directly to them from the warehouse for a flat $5 shipping fee. Directors in each area typically hold meetings every week in order to update consultants on new updates and present weekly awards. You get all kinds of rewards just for selling products. 50% of everything sold is profit (yes, that means you get products at a 50% discount). Additionally, when you begin to recruit your own team of beauty consultants, you make a percentage of everything they sell as well. – less
I work from my home.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Williams OR. 97544March 17, 2014
Pros: management of an independent business
Cons: always looking for new clients
Being a Mary Kay consultant gives me the independents to work my business, when best suits me.
I have such responsible work habits, and a strong work ethic and can achieve anything.
Ability to build relationships with customers and extreme flexibility.
Business owner- Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 14, 2014
With my Mary Kay business there is plenty of room for growth attached to consistency and commitment.
A wonderful business oportunity
School Volunteer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 11, 2014
Pros: tax write off for donating any part of business, as well as clothing write offs
Cons: building the self esteem of others
Start when you want, end where you want. wonderful opportunity meeting greeting and changing peoples lives everyday. I have learned excellent communication skills, and money management skills, as well as influenced peoples lives day to day. You can start as fast and as slow as you want, work at your own pace to define what type MK business you would – more... like to run, or whats best to fit your family life. Hardest part of the job is to gather the confidence to introduce the business to all. the most enjoyable part of my job is changing the lives of women and children every where by teaching financial independence, as well as donating sales to women & children of domestic violence & donating to find a permanent cure for cancer. – less
A great way to learn about yourself
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaMarch 11, 2014
Pros: rewarding, empowering, great people to work with, awesome benefits
Cons: time consuming without a guarantee of result
Mary Kay is a business opportunity, not about being hired or not hired. It is exciting, fun, and challenging. When you start a Mary Kay business you become part of a unit of other Mary Kay consultants. There are typically weekly meetings for unit members to attend if they want to. At these meetings you learn how to build your business by gleaning tips – more... on customer service, bookkeeping, how to work through or overcome weak spots you might have, as well as getting to share your business-building strengths with your other unit members.
The hardest part of building a Mary Kay business for me was getting outside of my circle of influence. People can be very elusive when it comes to making commitments and it takes talking to a lot of people to get even one who will follow through. The common ratio was approximately one out of nine.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making someone's day, getting them to smile, and getting to impart something to them. I will never forget the day I helped a woman learn to redraw her upper lip and fill it in. She had been attacked by a dog and the dog had bitten off that part of her face. We got out a picture of what she looked like before that happened as a guide. She'd had some plastic surgery but there was still a big chunk missing. I don't think I will ever forget seeing her smile afterward. That was what took Mary Kay beyond being makeup and shallow or a silly thing into being rewarding and empowering. – less
Not The Best
Independent Consultant (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 6, 2014
I was not thrilled with this opportunity. I did not have a lot of direction and was not very successful.
Independence was a key factor.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 4, 2014
I really enjoyed being able to have total control and set my own goals.
You can make a difference for others by taking care of them.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Medford, ORFebruary 28, 2014
Cons: all of them
Even though you don't get paid enough for all the hard hours worked, you are still making a difference to the peson whom you care for.
You are only guaranteed employment if you are flexible and have a running vehicle.
joyful
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: work from home, and anytime i want
Cons: had to make a about 20 sales a day
I like it, I get to work from home and at anytime i want to. I get to go out and talk to people and get to know them a bit.
Productive and fun job with the cosmetic and skin care products
Independent Sales Director (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: commission only
Visiting and calling future clients and consultants.
Learn new products ingredients and how is apply to obtain best results, learn to sale and create marketing techniques for all new and existing products.
Management, is a self employed position under the policy of Mary Kay guide lines, very professional, customer oriented and using at all times the – more... Golden rule.
No co-workers, lots of consultants, directors,and personal clients in a very friendly, happy and professional ambiance.
The hardest part of the job are the cancellations, and keeping new consultants focus and motivated.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the clients happy faces and the expression of a new consultant after her first big sale. – less
Start my own Business
independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Mount Pleasant MiFebruary 23, 2014
Promote my business, Do sales get customers. Hardest part of the job is trying to find a customer base.
Self Employed
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Boyertown, PAFebruary 20, 2014
I am self employed. The hardest part is getting new clients. I love getting to meet and interact with new people.
Mary Kay sales
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Ormond Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: your own business
Cons: not steady income
Mary Kay is based solely on an individual basis, however, with that being said, it also could use some more guidance from the senior representatives. I did consulting for a couple of years and found my niche, but I missed the fast paced constant on-the-go environment of retail.
Learning experience
salesperson (Former Employee), Gary, INFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: learn more
Cons: dry air, comp pay
Got to learn business skills and communication skills.. I would just ask people I know to try it and buy it if you like it...
I love the ability to share a passion
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Wichita, KSFebruary 1, 2014
I became an Independent Beauty Consultant so that I could help others like me realize their potential, whether it was to help them feel better about themselves and their worth or have them join my team and stand along side me. I hope to never lose what this has brought into my life, and can't wait to see where it leads me.
Mary Kay Sales
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: empowring myself and others
Cons: travel
A typical day for me at May Kay is to complete weekly and monthly goals such as: Event Planning, Parties, Sales Meetings, Reports and Scheduling appointments. Recruiting new contractors also was a part of my job. I was an Independent Contractor with Mary Kay, so my co-workers would be considered other contractors whom I will come across at meetings. – more... They were very supportive. During my time with Mary Kay, I have learned how to utilize my professional skills and education to benefit this company. I also learn how to work for myself, and develop new office skills, such as: Minor accounting/bookkeeping, inventory, and sales. I have learned how to micromanage by combing all duties together and execute them. The hardest part of my job was to sale in the area I lived in. I found that traveling 15 to 20 miles out of from my home is where I was most successful. In addition, the traveling part could be on the downside if there was no profit to make that day. On a brighter note, the most enjoyable part about my job was seeing women feel great about themselves after applying and purchasing my product. – less
Self employed
Beauty Consultant/Future Director (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNJanuary 31, 2014
I love being self employed where I can work my hours around my family and other employment. I am responsible for all aspects of managing a direct sales home business.
Productive working environment
Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 30, 2014
A real good environment to learn new things, new technology and be a part of such an amazing company is truely a once in a lifetime opportunity
Logistics/ Shipping/ Packaging
Logistics/ Shipping/ Packaging (Current Employee), Carrollton, TexasJanuary 29, 2014
Logistics/ Shipping/ Packaging through Diverse Staffing. This is a part- time seasonal position. I am looking for a full-time permenant position.

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more