Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employer Reviews

Amazing people
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Kelso, WAOctober 9, 2014
I love working for CAP, the only problem is that it is a temporary position and I cannot extend it.
A place you can be your own boss and get promoted quickly.
Representative (Former Employee), Valley, WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: always moving up, meet lots of new people.
Cons: not an hourly paycheck
A typical day involves calling potential customers and setting an appointment with a free facial so they may hear about our product. I learned that being beautiful is about taking care of your skin and yourself. The management of your own business is really busy and resulted in many phone calls and meeting many new people. All of my fellow business women co-workers are outstanding and supportive of each other, they are all strong and bring in enough money to make a living for their families. The hardest part was commuting back and forth to the meetings every week. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people all the time and spreading happiness with skin care knowledge.
Very productive jobs and fun to translate.
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: helping people, learn new things everyday
Cons: short to sometimes no breaks
Came in made sure I got all the information need about the position I was about to take by asking the person who worked it last. I learned how to comp with different personalities and that translating is something that is a plus for me in any job I love to help people understand what they need to do or what is needed to do. Over all management was great. Learned how to manage time and make space. Learned how to talk to different people above me like higher ranks. Hardest part about the job was translating for people that say that they don't need a translator and think they can do it them self's when all I want is to help them. Most enjoyable part about my job was helping people.
Being your own boss
consultant, independent consultant (Current Employee), Flint, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: workng wth people.
Cons: no sales no money
greet clients, consult with them, give them facials, take orders, inventory, give parties,promote and advertise.
A great hobby
Senior beauty consultant (Current Employee), Rochester N.YOctober 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not stable
I enjoy helping people with their skin care needs. I especially enjoy working for a company who donates to breast cancer, domestic violence awareness and habitat for humanity. Working for a company that gives back is a wonderful feeling.
The woman I have worked with have taught me a lot about the products we offer and how to apply them.
The hardest part of my job is staying focused when you have a bad day and all you hear is no thanks or just rude people in general.
The best part about my job is when I get to make over brides and teens for prom. Knowing they chose me to help look there best for very important milestones in their lives is a great feeling then you here'' I love it'' thank you so much'' sometimes its better than get paid.
Great independent work
Independent Beauty Consultant Mary Kay (Current Employee), Morris, ILOctober 5, 2014
Pros: work independently, meet new people.
Cons: recruiting new clients was difficult.
The pay and incentives were directly tied to how much work you put in to it. You are your own boss and responsible for your own success. I found finding new customers difficult and the price of the product was enough to turn some people away. I enjoyed the work and wished that I could have put more time into finding new clients.
Fun place to work and learn about make up
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), MiamiOctober 2, 2014
You need to be on top of people in order to increase your sales, plus they make you purchase a 400 worth of products in order to stay active. The hours are flexible and you are making a difference in women's lives
Fun work place
Mary Kay Assistant (Current Employee), Crete, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free samples of new products
Cons: no set work hours
Starting work day includes organizing my directors travel bad that is taken to clients houses.
I then set up displays of all new products that have come in for the month.
I have learned some sale skills while working for this company and my communication skills have increased greatly.
My director is an amazing person to work with. She is willing to teach me everything she knows.
I am a personal assistant for this director and have no other employees to work with.
My most enjoyable part of this job is watching the growth of her business and making my director happy.
Political Nightmare
Manager (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: covered parking, cosmetic discount, lots of giveaways
Cons: political jungle
Mary Kay is a great company left by a great lady in the hands of not so great people! The politics there are through the roof and unless you are "on the inside", you WILL NOT move up. So much backstabbing at the top, it's impossible to navigate. The culture is great and the company takes really good care of it's people (great benefits, comparable salary, rich tuition plan).
Fun place to work, I have learned a lot
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 20, 2014
I learned managing skills and how to manage an inventory. It gave me a lot of experience on how to run my own company.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2014
This was a temp job but it was a great experience. No complaints.
Self-employed
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2014
This is a part time business, I set my own hrs and sell products to my clients on regular basis.
Its a productive and very safe work-place
Sanitizer/Fork-lift operaor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, safe environment, clean, earth-friendly building
Cons: long hours with short breaks, advancement opportunities are seldom, low raises
Mary Kay is an awesome company! The company thrives on keeping all employees and visitors safe. The company is filled with pleasant people and a ton of committees to be apart of to stay in the know about whats going on within the company.
Beauty Consultant
Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: cosmetics
Cons: beauty products and health care
love to communicate with new people while buying products for them. how manage time with them. my co workers are helpful when I need some help
Free to work from where ever and whenever you would like.
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MISeptember 1, 2014
Pros: get to work for a company of high integrity, have lots of freedom, being my own boss
Cons: no consistant pay check; if you work you get paid. if you don't work, you don't get paid.
I get up and get beautiful for the day. I review my calendar. I make calls to set up appointments. I go out to meet people. I go to meetings, set up a get together with 7-10 clients and inform them of the Mary Kay Product and during this time set up more appointments. My director and co-workers are wonderful and extremely resourceful.
Great opportunity
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2014
It's a great opportunity to work from home and be my own boss. I also enjoy building relationships with other women while servicing their beauty needs.
Fun
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAAugust 23, 2014
Being apart of the Marykay Establishment was fun, because I enjoy doing Makeup.
Great company values
Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), CowetaAugust 10, 2014
Typical day includes reaching out to customers and receiving and fulfilling orders promptly.
You make it what it is.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Sharonville, OHAugust 8, 2014
I love working my business with Mary Kay. Owning my own business means that whenever I need some extra income, I can put some extra hours into my business and make some more money. It's amazing products and a wonderful company.
I am able to make my own hours but income is unstable.
Independant Sales Person (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasAugust 5, 2014
Pros: i make my own hours.
Cons: i don't have full control on how much i make in a month.
I love working with my customers. Providing them with the right products from Mary Kay, but my income is base on whether I have orders coming in and inventory I have available at the time. I don't plan to quit but I am looking for a career where I can flourish and enjoy my time. I want to feel good about what I am doing. I am a people pleasure. That is the most important to me.

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries