Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Tax Preparer (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMarch 3, 2015
My typical day at work is starting my instruments and evaluating
papers from previous testing. Assigning work to contract
workers and checking their results. Having weekly meetings to evaluate the week before and checking for problems.
I have stayed so long at Mary Kay because i enjoyed my job.
Fun but hard work
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Corunna, MIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: meet new people, learned new skills
Cons: unpaid
I like working here but you get no true benefits and if you make no sales then you don't get a check at the end of the month. The team members and my team leader are all really nice.
More than just work
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Buckeye, AZFebruary 27, 2015
Absolutely love this company for their belief in putting others first before profits. They have excellent training, camaraderie, and a strong belief that your family comes first. Look forward to the future with this company.
Fun and Uplifting
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 26, 2015
I have been in Mary Kay almost a year and I absolutely love it. I love the meetings we have every Wednesday. The environment is very vibrant and everyone looks our for their team members.
interesting and meeting new people
beauty consultants (Former Employee), Elkhart, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: you set your own schedule
Cons: clients dont always buy on an everyday basis
Learned a lot more. If you love cosmetology and or makeup you will enjoy the products. You set up meet and greets. Make calls daily to find new customers. Manage your own inventory.
consulting
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
make your own money by selling good products, you get 50% from the sells you make. Loved the way we didn't have any work hours.
Mary Kay, Inc.
Senior Sales Director (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 25, 2015
A great company for a beginner entrepreneur. Mary Kay teaches the basic skills for running your own business and developing your team.
Great environment for flexibile work day needs
Senior Sales Director (Current Employee), Ojai, CAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: not enough encouragement/contact with upper management
As an independent sales force member for 20 years, I believe that only self-driven and motivated individuals need apply. This was an incredible position for myself and my family as we grew, and needs at home fluctuated from full-time stay at home mom, to transportation mom, homework and field-trip mom, etc. I was able to earn an executive income while balancing many priorities. As our family life has changed, I am more interested in a full-time position building a company that cares.
A very flexible career
Consultant (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAFebruary 18, 2015
I was able to improve upon my networking skills as a consultant. The hours were very flexible, which was great for me. The most fun part of the job was the events that I would put together for potential clients. The hardest part of the job was selling the product and experiencing lack of commitment from clients.
Excellent company with growth potential and support
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), Rockford, MIFebruary 17, 2015
An excellent company that puts the consultants and their growth potential first. Countinual opportunites exist to build the business with free online business building tools.
enriching women's lives
Independent Sales Director/Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), tampaFebruary 17, 2015
make money based on sales of cosmetics and recruiting people. working on your schedule. normally weekends and nights. independent contractor
Everything is at your own pace!! You work for yourself!!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Yukon, OKFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: work from home, quick advancement, fun atmosphere
Cons: buy your own insurance
I enjoy working as a Consultant for Mary Kay. You get to set your own hours, work at home, and get paid to throw parties. You get to advance into management as fast as you want!!
I loved working for Mary Kay Inc.
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee), NationwideFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: gift incentives
I loved this job. You can set your own hours, excellent training and you get to meet new and interesting people each and everyday.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), ..................................................February 12, 2015
Pros: .
Cons: .
I love working for Mary Kay. You learn new techniques about cosmetics. You get the chance to interact with people. The management is great and a very rewarding company.
sales
Sales/teller (Former Employee), san diegoFebruary 10, 2015
I loved being an independent Team Leader and Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay. The willingness of everyone to help anyone, whether they benefited from it or not was one of my favorite things. I loved working with my customers and helping them to feel better about themselves not only on the outside with skin care and makeup, but also on the inside as I built long lasting relationships.
Fun Career Choice
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Oglethorpe, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: the product isn't very popular
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultants manage and run their own business. It is their responsibility to maintain inventory, provide customer service, manage their profits, and abide by Mary Kay guidelines of operation.
A very good place to work for.
Multiple Positions Latest Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: was not supervised, knew what i had to do.
Cons: way too many chiefs and not enough workers
As I held many positions at Mary Kay it would be difficult to sumarise a full day of work since each day was different. I would work in engineering, quality and production floor.
Highly ethical and professional company and co-workers
Team Leader (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAFebruary 1, 2015
Cons: no dependable income
Create your own workplace
Sales Expert (Former Employee), Ocala, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: free products
Cons: you create your own paycheck by how hard you work, rough start for some
You create your own workplace and create your own schedule. It is just like owning your own business.You have to have your all into it if you want to make it a career. It is not easy to start for some people but if you concentrate at the task at hand it becomes easier.
Good Work Enviornment
Brand Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Addison, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Mary Kay is a great company to work for. They take pride in their work. Proud to have been part of their company.