Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,155 reviews matching the search
Great jcompany for personal development
Senior Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Great company to learn how to run a home business. Financially, time management, tax deductions, and growth. Phenomenal mentoring from top leadership.
Great if you are really self-motivated
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2017
Wasn't for me. Is great if you don't mind working on your own. Very easy to get caught into an almost pyramid scheme style situation.
Great People
Independent Senior Sales Director (Current Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 13, 2017
Convenient - available - location -personnel, challenging. PR work is fun and sales calls can be fruitful. Working close to home allows freedom from winter travel.
My insight!
Independent Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAFebruary 9, 2017
I've been a Mary Kay Consultant for seven year's now and I enjoy working for the company. I love enhancing my own beauty and being a Consultant allows me to receive discounts on my own personal products as well. My goal is to empower my client's. In spite of, I enjoy building every client self-'esteem and helping my client's to achieve healthy looking skin. The hardest part of my job is getting out in the field to obtain new client's because everyone don't obtain knowledge about the benefits of Mary Kay skin and body care products. Therefore, it is my duty to show people why Mary Kay is beneficial for everyone. I've learned how to build rapports with different types of people and I've learned that everyone do not use a daily regimen.
building ladies for advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 8, 2017
Blessing ladies with the product and the opportunity.

Hardest part of job is to find hard working women with desire and dreams, like myself
Pros
everything!
Cons
finding hard working women
Fun
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Work was good when I had customers. Flexibility was good. meeting new people and showing them great products was good as well.
fun and layed back
Tan Maker/Mary Kay Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 5, 2017
It is a great business, i love makeup and selling it was great. I loved meeting new people and making the look more stunning then they already are. I loved how much better a person thinks of their self when feeling more confident.
Pros
Meeting people, free make up!!
Cons
Hit and miss, with selling products, not having a set income
God, family, and career
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 3, 2017
Help enhance the beauty of women everywhere. It is all about empowerment and standing on your own two feet. Come join in to a company that helps you reach the goals you want to reach.
Side Job
Independent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Only as involved as I wish to be. Great when I wanted to make some extra cash. Took away local pickup and now have to pay shipping so that isn't fun.
Awesome compamy
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 30, 2017
Mary Kay Cosmetics is an amazing company to work for. I love their products and their mission. I love being my own boss. I love the prizes and recognition you receive.
Positive people, who are supportive and anxious to see eachother suceed.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 26, 2017
There is no management structure. It is a direct sales company; where each consultant is their own, independent business owner. But the company offers extensive training material and classes, to teach you to run your own business. And your business is only as successful as you make it.
My experience has been mostly positive. The other consultants and sales directors are very supportive, friendly and always make themselves available to me. There are weekly meetings, for training and new product launch. And many opportunities offered to grow your business.
The most difficult aspects that I've found in being a Mary Kay Consultant is that there is a very narrow customer base and so many other product lines to compete with; everything costs money out of pocket; I have to order from the company every month just to stay "active"; and much of my money spent, is used on free sample products, used to generate business, with no guarantee of a return.
Pros
Ability to make my own schedule; 50% commission on all sales
Cons
Does not offer a steady income; limited customer base
Made for women with busy schedules
Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Camilla, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Mary Kay is a sales organization that provides cosmetics and other beauty supplies to consumers. The products are sold by home-based independent consultants who often use in-home sales "parties" to make presentations. Consultants also attempt to recruit others into the business as a means of increasing their own revenues. A career as a Mary Kay consultant offers a number of possible benefits as well as challenges.
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Guaranteed Income
Very fun!
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 23, 2017
Mary Kay is such a wonderful thing to happen to anybody! It's fun and energetic at all times! Truly a blessing to come across it in such a time of need!
Pros
Being your own boss
Cons
Not stable income to start
Work on your own schedule
INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Working as an independent consultant. This is harder to do than you would think. Working from home is fantastic, Selling makeup was the hardest part and most enjoyable was being home.
Good advancement opportunity
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 22, 2017
Work at your own pace. You are the determining factor to your success. Fun & empowering. For some people not having a boss is a great thing. For others they need the manager.
Pros
NO Boss
Cons
No Boss
At home, working mom
assistant (Former Employee) –  New Lebanon, OHJanuary 19, 2017
At the time I was a Junior in high school with no prior job experience. The job was simply offering assistance to an at home who worked for the Mary K company and helped me get a foot in the door for working at a real job.
Self employeed
Business owner (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 19, 2017
Working from home is a great thing. Be your own boss and plan life without headache. Be your own boss is a great idea. Mary Kay is a home based business.
Very rewarding
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 18, 2017
BEST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD!!! The schedule is perfect and the benefits are even better. Make-up and girl time. Awesome prizes when you work hard. Great experience for working outside the home as well.
Pros
All the make-up you could ever want
Senior Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 17, 2017
A great home based business where you make your own hours and you decide how much or how little you want to do. Earn 50% of what you sell.
Great company to work for!
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Emporia, VAJanuary 17, 2017
I believe that the typical work day is perfect, and the company is great about working with my schedule, because I make my own schedule. I am my own boss.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.