Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay Inc Employer Reviews

Positive Experience Every Time
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDOctober 15, 2014
I am responsible for how much I work with Mary Kay. It is a business that I operate on my own. I can work as little or as much as I like. The people who I get to work with and introduce products to are one of the many best parts of the job. I have gained life long friendships and memories that will last forever. Mary Kay is a great organization to be a part of.
Mary Kay
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Gresham, OregonOctober 14, 2014
working for Mary Kay is an excellent cofidence builder
a typical day at work for mary kay consisted of packing up displays, making a presentation of the cosmetic products, selling cosmetic products setting up parties and offering hostess gifts and incentives.
I learned how to talk to people, how to set up and take down eye popping displays, how to network without being pushy.
The hardest part of the job is getting enough business to continue.
I loved finding the right colors and skincare products for the women I saw.
Great company to work for, excellent incentitives
Sales Consultants (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 13, 2014
Pros: making your own schedule
Cons: commission
I enjoy meeting new people and helping them find the right products for there lifestyle
Driven foundation
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Lakewood, WAOctober 13, 2014
Mary Kay has a lot of insensitive including jewelry, furniture, electronics, and of course cars. You have to build your own clientele, which can be very difficult. You have to delicate time to organize yourself and your business needs, bookings, and event hosting. With this in mind, this is a business you need to be dedicated to, goal driven, and have a true passion for. On the flip side, successors are able to make a full time income and earn a ton of prizes and recognition for all your hard-work.
Also, the company really focuses helping you become the best possible women god had meant you to be.
Mary Kay is more than a lipstick or a compact-It's a rewarding career path!!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility, personal satisfaction, satisfaction of empowering others to reach their potentials
Cons: not everyone will value your business as a real business--however, mary kay inc. has successfully been around for 51 years.
A typical day for me would be four hours of communicating with customers, following up, booking and person-to-person interviews as I scout for potential business partners. Does my day ever exceed four hours? Yes, but for the most, I love the flexibility to juggle family, personal, business and meet the demands with ease. I love booking skincare classes because it is imperative that women and men learn how to take care of their skin rather than mask it with make-up. I love the women and men who I meet on a daily basis. I love the fact that I provide customized one-on-one service to my customers unlike the non-personal touch of shopping at a department store for products. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting others to look, feel and be their very best. The hardest part of this job, if there is one, is overcoming rejections, naysayers, and "no's." Replace any negative with positive affirmations and soon YOU too will see "why" Mary Kay has been around for 51 years.
good in preparing you to be self empolyed
consultant, Little Rock, Ark (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: working for myself
Cons: not making the amount needed
setting up mary kay events and selling products. meeting other sales associates planning a better sales technique.
Great work enviroment
SALES DIRECTOR (Current Employee), IndianaOctober 9, 2014
Pros: enviroment and positivity
Cons: inconsistent pay and traveling fees
Love the company and the enviroment. Working from home is a huge benefit.
Amazing people
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Kelso, WAOctober 9, 2014
I love working for CAP, the only problem is that it is a temporary position and I cannot extend it.
A place you can be your own boss and get promoted quickly.
Representative (Former Employee), Valley, WAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: always moving up, meet lots of new people.
Cons: not an hourly paycheck
A typical day involves calling potential customers and setting an appointment with a free facial so they may hear about our product. I learned that being beautiful is about taking care of your skin and yourself. The management of your own business is really busy and resulted in many phone calls and meeting many new people. All of my fellow business women co-workers are outstanding and supportive of each other, they are all strong and bring in enough money to make a living for their families. The hardest part was commuting back and forth to the meetings every week. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people all the time and spreading happiness with skin care knowledge.
Very productive jobs and fun to translate.
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), Calhoun, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: helping people, learn new things everyday
Cons: short to sometimes no breaks
Came in made sure I got all the information need about the position I was about to take by asking the person who worked it last. I learned how to comp with different personalities and that translating is something that is a plus for me in any job I love to help people understand what they need to do or what is needed to do. Over all management was great. Learned how to manage time and make space. Learned how to talk to different people above me like higher ranks. Hardest part about the job was translating for people that say that they don't need a translator and think they can do it them self's when all I want is to help them. Most enjoyable part about my job was helping people.
Being your own boss
consultant, independent consultant (Current Employee), Flint, MIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: workng wth people.
Cons: no sales no money
greet clients, consult with them, give them facials, take orders, inventory, give parties,promote and advertise.
A great hobby
Senior beauty consultant (Current Employee), Rochester N.YOctober 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: not stable
I enjoy helping people with their skin care needs. I especially enjoy working for a company who donates to breast cancer, domestic violence awareness and habitat for humanity. Working for a company that gives back is a wonderful feeling.
The woman I have worked with have taught me a lot about the products we offer and how to apply them.
The hardest part of my job is staying focused when you have a bad day and all you hear is no thanks or just rude people in general.
The best part about my job is when I get to make over brides and teens for prom. Knowing they chose me to help look there best for very important milestones in their lives is a great feeling then you here'' I love it'' thank you so much'' sometimes its better than get paid.
Great independent work
Independent Beauty Consultant Mary Kay (Current Employee), Morris, ILOctober 5, 2014
Pros: work independently, meet new people.
Cons: recruiting new clients was difficult.
The pay and incentives were directly tied to how much work you put in to it. You are your own boss and responsible for your own success. I found finding new customers difficult and the price of the product was enough to turn some people away. I enjoyed the work and wished that I could have put more time into finding new clients.
Fun place to work and learn about make up
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee), MiamiOctober 2, 2014
You need to be on top of people in order to increase your sales, plus they make you purchase a 400 worth of products in order to stay active. The hours are flexible and you are making a difference in women's lives
Fun work place
Mary Kay Assistant (Current Employee), Crete, ILSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free samples of new products
Cons: no set work hours
Starting work day includes organizing my directors travel bad that is taken to clients houses.
I then set up displays of all new products that have come in for the month.
I have learned some sale skills while working for this company and my communication skills have increased greatly.
My director is an amazing person to work with. She is willing to teach me everything she knows.
I am a personal assistant for this director and have no other employees to work with.
My most enjoyable part of this job is watching the growth of her business and making my director happy.
Political Nightmare
Manager (Former Employee), Addison, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: covered parking, cosmetic discount, lots of giveaways
Cons: political jungle
Mary Kay is a great company left by a great lady in the hands of not so great people! The politics there are through the roof and unless you are "on the inside", you WILL NOT move up. So much backstabbing at the top, it's impossible to navigate. The culture is great and the company takes really good care of it's people (great benefits, comparable salary, rich tuition plan).
Fun place to work, I have learned a lot
Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 20, 2014
I learned managing skills and how to manage an inventory. It gave me a lot of experience on how to run my own company.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2014
This was a temp job but it was a great experience. No complaints.
Self-employed
Mary Kay Beauty Consultant (Current Employee), Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2014
This is a part time business, I set my own hrs and sell products to my clients on regular basis.
Its a productive and very safe work-place
Sanitizer/Fork-lift operaor (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits, safe environment, clean, earth-friendly building
Cons: long hours with short breaks, advancement opportunities are seldom, low raises
Mary Kay is an awesome company! The company thrives on keeping all employees and visitors safe. The company is filled with pleasant people and a ton of committees to be apart of to stay in the know about whats going on within the company.

About Mary Kay Inc

Mary Kay, Inc. is a privately owned direct sales company that sells cosmetics products directly to consumers. According to Direct – Read more

Mary Kay Inc Salaries