Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Great company to be associated with for many reasons!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work involved meeting new prospective clients and later contacting them to set up a skin care/cosmetic appointment. Organizing data in computer system in order to better service clients and maintain accurate inventory of skin care/cosmetic products. Other days I would meet with clients, get to know them better and evaluate what products were needed to accommodate their needs and desires to look and feel better. The workplace was great considering I was able to work from home and make my own schedule, however it can be difficult to be limited to working from a home environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse group of people and playing such a prominent role in helping others feel more confident through the use of great products from a high-quality, philanthropic company.
Pros
Wholesale discounts, working with different people
Cons
Being limited in work space
Great Products.
SALES DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 14, 2017
Love going the extra mile specially when is your own business, working with christian women, that are always looking for your well being while moving ahead and specially if they succeed we succeed that is the best part.
Pros
your own business
Cons
You have to have to have big inventory, no every body can.
i liked it
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elgin, TXAugust 14, 2017
I was going to high school and working during the weekends or the summer... its was fun I enjoyed it while it lasted I would do it again if I could. I was a personal assistant organizing the products and setting up for events.
Pros
free lunch and breakfast
Fun workplace
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 12, 2017
Mary Kay is a fun place to work but it is very competitive due to how many consultants there are in the are and surrounding areas, Pay is based on how much product you sell and how many clients you have. I found it hard to build my clients so eventually I was just in it for the discounts for family and myself there are a lot of fun brunch meetings and you can win a lot of cool things but in order for your business to strive you have to be able to put out money and also put in a lot of time to build clients
Pros
alot of free stuff and 50% off makeup
Cons
hard to build clients
Inconsistent work for a college student
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  HomeAugust 11, 2017
It can be a good job if you are willing to put in a lot of time, effort, and money. It's hard to get started with the company as it can be very costly
Pros
immediate money
Cons
hard to find clients
Fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fallbrook, CAAugust 10, 2017
Loved making new connections and playing with makeup everyday. Enjoyed informing people of their skin care needs. Fun the throw parties and meet new people.
Direct Sales
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 10, 2017
Mary Kay Inc. is a direct sales cosmetics company. The company itself is great but my director was the worst. She was very rude to me on several different occasions because I was not making my sales goal.
i love the mk life
Independent Beauty consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
Mary Kay is awesome for moms who want more time with their children. This is an awesome way of extra income. I love the ability to do for my son with the extra funds that I make from mary kay.
Pros
networking, discount on makeup, meeting new people
Good job!
Assistant to Mary Kay Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTAugust 8, 2017
This was more of a beginner job. If you like just assisting someone with small tasks, this is the job for you. It was slow paced and really flexible. I just didn't have enough hours.
Love
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 8, 2017
I can work it around my schedule.

Wonderful products, no pressure, no stress.

You are in charge of your own money, so you can do as much or as little as you'd like.
Work on your own schedule
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 8, 2017
This job is a great job to an extent. You work on your own schedule. Dont have to work if you dont want to. You can work as little as you like and as much as you like. But you have to consider that it is also based on the people you get a show for. If they are going to buy determines if you are going to make money or not.
Pros
work on your own time.
Cons
You may not make money
Fun place to work
customer service and bookings (Current Employee) –  Pheba, MSAugust 8, 2017
I love the flexibility and being my own boss, also love the new people I meet and the experience of making women feel and look beautiful. the company has so much to offer for simply working your business and doing what you love.
Pros
Being a free car driver, prizes and promotions
Cons
Empowering Women, Empowering Yourself!
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 7, 2017
The ladies (and some gentlemen) you get to work with are great! Mostly because you decide who becomes a part of your team, and everyone is uplifting and supportive! You make your own hours, and can work Mary Kay even with another Part or Full time job!
Pros
Being your own boss, empowering women, flexible schedule.
Not good if you dont put yourself out there
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2017
This is a job where you have got to be dedicated to it for you to be successful in it. Me personally, i cannot rely on these sales to pay my bills. You have to sale a lot in order to even get bumped up or get nice things. This is a pyramid scheme to me.
Pros
get to play with products
Cons
hard to make a living
My Experience
Team Leader and Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 5, 2017
It's a wonderful company to work with. And i've enjoyed every second. Would recommend working with them. The friendships, personal and spiritual growth has been amazing!
I love Mary Kay
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2017
Such as awesome Company 50+ years strong. I love the products and the awesome people I meet. Mary Kay provides awesome products, compensation and training tools - BEST Direct Sales Company EVER!!!!
Be your own boss
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 2, 2017
The Mary Kay independent beauty consultant is a job that can be personally managed, it will adapt to the rest of your daily activities. The Mary Kay company provides free training on the subject chosen by the independent consultant, they have several online aids as well as software that helps the consultant fulfill tasks in an easy way.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Challenging but fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississippi Gulf CoastAugust 1, 2017
As a consultant for skin care and make up, I was able to meet and assist people from all walks of life. It's a great feeling to share information and see it change someone's opinion of themselves.
Pros
Flexibility.
Flexible independent home-based work
Cosmetics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clanton, ALAugust 1, 2017
Being a independent sales consultant consisted of: hosting cosmetic parties and demonstrating makeovers. Also educating individuals or groups step by step on the importance of caring for their skin. Along with learning the importance of public relations, I learned quickly that the more you learn, the more you earn. In management, I was in charge of the overall work environment, that consist of the product inventory, the sales and the profits. The culture of the workplace always has a positive and encouraging environment. The hardest part of this job is not having a steady permanent income. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that I have met the needs of my clients with the service that I offer.
Pros
Being your own boss with flexibility
Cons
no medical insurance
Cutting-edge product line.
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Mary's County, MDJuly 31, 2017
I am the best boss I've ever had!

The products are second to none and the leadership training is the best in the business. A self-improvement course that you get paid to take.
Pros
I set my own schedule.
Cons
Self-discipline is a must for success.