Mary Kay Inc Employee Reviews

Found 1,079 reviews matching the search
sales consulant
An independent agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 31, 2016
making orders and selling cosmetics. Hard worker selling cosmetic to make a customer happy.Making money strength to make money to bring to my family table.
Pros
owning your own company
Cons
not being around people
Fantastic Learning Culture with Great Self Starters
Independant Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Granbury, TXAugust 29, 2016
I love working with and for Mary Kay, Inc. The history is wonderful and continues to inspire and empower young women all across the world to pursue their dreams through personal small business ownership. The hardest part of the job is just starting! Once you are through the door it is just wonderful, exciting and so much fun to help other women with skin care, hygiene and cosmetic products! Through Mary Kay, I have been able to learn so many valuable skills. The details, taxes and organization that come through owning your own small business are wonderful and completely rewarding.
Pros
Great products, amazing people
Cons
Taxes for small businesses
Family friendly business
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 26, 2016
This is an awesome business for stay at home parents. Wonderful sisterhood and always have someone who is willing to help you advance. This is a great company.
Pros
make your own hours
Beauty consultant
Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
Love working in this industry, you get to work when you want how you want. Directors are very helpful, you get to make awesome friends. meetings every week so you motivated.
Pros
almost everything
Cons
have to work hard for clients
Great company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INAugust 25, 2016
Mary Kay is a great company. I love love love the products and the commoroderie between consultants. The prizes are amazing, and the training is outstanding.
mary kay
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Robesonia, PAAugust 24, 2016
Host product demonstration events. Provide product knowledge information to customers. Order desired products for customers. Perform administrative tasks such as bookkeeping and filing.
On your own, time management is key
Cosmetic Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 23, 2016
Mary Kay is a great, religious friendly company that urges women to sell products on their own time. The group meetings, free facials, and raffles are all a part of growing within the company. Be ready to schedule your time wisely, book appointments on your own, and see results according to your work ethic.
Very pushy sales job
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 22, 2016
I liked the training and self growth through training, however the sales part just was not for me. Also I am not big on makeup.
Empowering Women
Independent Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 21, 2016
Man, where do I begin?! I LOVED working for Mary Kay!
The company was amazing and very well thought out. Earning things and winning prizes was easy.
The hardest part about my job was not putting enough time in to it. I had another job so I couldn't fully invest in to it. I would say that working for Mary Kay needs to be a full time job in order to see any real benefits (like a car).
The best part? The way that company makes you feel! They make you feel like you can do anything. They make you feel beautiful and of worth.
I learned from this company that I can do anything and that I shouldn't listen to what the world has to say because I'm perfect and strong.
Pros
1/2 off beauty products, free car
Cons
Not fully invested
A place to grow and enrich other womens lives
Independent Senior Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYAugust 21, 2016
I am a part time entrepreneur so I work for myself. I book appointments for free facials that turn into future parties and new bookings. My days include waking up early and creating a plan on how to reach my sale goals that week and that month.

My coworkers are actually my team members, I am a senior consultant so I work hand in hand with my business partner to reach our next level in the business. I also work closely with my director that mentors me and guides me to go higher.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the women I work with transform and become happy as they sample and use the Mary Kay product.
Pros
50% of everything you make.
Cons
No sick days
Great for a supplemental income
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 19, 2016
A typical work day included always income producing activities and the such. Mastering my time was the biggest thing I learned!
Pros
Discount on product and personal development.
Cons
Independent contractor can be scary sometimes!
Fun learning experience
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 17, 2016
Meeting new people and how to take care of your skin the correct way is always fun. Learning about different skin textures and what works for who.
Set Your Own Pace!
Pro. Skin Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2016
Good company for those who have a circle of friends to start off of. I love the products, but it is a job and HAS to be worked as one. Lots of appointments to make it successful!
Pros
Make your own schedule and as much money as you want!
Cons
Best for people with money to start with products and a good circle of contacts.
Love the product
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cheboygan, MIAugust 15, 2016
I was my own boss and worked a schedule that fit my needs. I loved selling my product. The hardest part was being able to increase my customer numbers due to the economy at that time.
Pros
Self employed
Cons
Customers not able to afford product
Good company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAAugust 15, 2016
Good company to work for. My town is small so it's harder to sale when just about everyone is a consultant. My job schedule changed so it was harder to make time to work on it.
Great Place to work
Independent Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Home based officeAugust 11, 2016
My typical day was usually interacting with customers. I worked for myself. I really have employees. Responding to patient/client inquiries and resolving all problems while ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate payment processing.
Enriching peoples lives
Independent Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 9, 2016
Fun exciting with much room for growth mentally, financially awesome company to be connected to and I love being muy own boss. I make my hours and muy pay checks.
Very fun place to work with awesome people!
Beauty Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 8, 2016
Being employed for Mary Kay gives me the freedom to work from home but also have the option of attending the weekly meetings to stay updated about new products and what is going on. I enjoy the other beauty consultants and love going to the Monday meetings!
productive and fun
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Maywood, ILJuly 20, 2016
I enjoy helping others look and feel their very best.You can set your own schedule and the sister hood is beautiful.the team taught me how to run a business.how to stay positive and secure clients.the fun part of the day is giving the product demonstrations.the hardest part getting through traffic
Pros
try before you buy
Cons
every ones skin type is different you are what you eat
Excellent Advancement
Independant Beauty Consultant-Pampering (Current Employee) –  New York StateJuly 19, 2016
Excellent Advancement,work around my busy schedule,make my own schedule. Drive a car that is payed for by my company. Extra income.
Pros
room for advancement at my own pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Kay Inc. Our community is ready to answer.