Mary Lanning Healthcare Employee Reviews

This place is a joke!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEAugust 25, 2017
You don't work for Mary Lanning, you work for a company called HHS. They offer insurance but it's outrageous and there is no provider in Nebraska that is in network. Your worked like a dog and treated very poorly, especially if you're on Dixie's shift. Oh, and the company keeps messing up our paychecks!!!!
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
This place is a joke
Wonderful Workplace
Patient Representative (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEAugust 23, 2017
Loved it! The clinic with MLH are a great place to work! I have had a wonderful experience there and hope to stay with the company. Wonderful benefits including a Employee wellness department.
Workplace
Director Physician Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEJune 20, 2017
Strong organization. Willing to make changes. Growing and evolving. People care about you and the work you do. You can make a difference working here.
Pros
Cons
NOne
Supportive team
Travel Circulating/ Scrub Nurse/RN Scrub assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NE 68901January 26, 2017
Great perioperative teamwork from preop to OR,PACU, anesthesia. Communication good, peer support good. Physicians were great to work with, competent.
Pros
All RN OR staff
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 9, 2016
It is a great place to work. Everyone is dedicated to providing the best possible patient care. The staff make sure you get caught up to speed on things and there is a strong sense of teamwork.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEMarch 13, 2016
This is probably one of the best jobs I have ever had. My co-workers were very helpful. I learned a lot of new things when it came to nursing as far as new terminology.
Great Co-workers
Pre-Op Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEDecember 12, 2015
The staff at Mary Lanning are great people. Loved my job there. I cannot express how good it felt to give my patients good care. I honestly felt patients were a priority.
No Room for Advancement/Poor Managment
Employee (Current Employee) –  HastingsAugust 5, 2015
Working at Mary Lanning Health Care, is not a healthy environment, sort staffed Not a Nice place to work, lots of problems with staff, covering up situations of non-compliant nurses etc...
Pros
the only pro is not to work there
Cons
Don't work there!! you'll end up regretting it!!
Official response from Mary Lanning Healthcare
October 23, 2015

It sounds to me like this person was probably a low performer with little talent. The nursing staff at MLH are very engaged and I'm proud to be a member of the team. The nursing directors and managers do an amazing job and truly care about their staff. They frequently put on their scrubs and work side by side us to provide excellent care for our patients.

Rn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEApril 23, 2015
This is a small town hospital in a rural community setting. Seems to be only hiring new grads for nurses for cheaper help vs. experience. Overall, nurses try their best to give great care.
Official response from Mary Lanning Healthcare
October 23, 2015

This hospital has seen 20% growth in staff, services, providers and finances in the last two years. It's a progressive organization , remaining independent since 1915 while mergers are happening all around it. We compete on service and it's a great business model. Come join our team!

Great place to work. Wonderful staff.
OR Scheduling/Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day at my job for Mary Lanning Memorial Healthcare consisted of my scheduling surgical procedures with physician offices, outreach clinics and physicians themselves. I performed a variety of clerical jobs for staff. I really learned at this job how to prioritize my daily assignments because it was sometimes very busy and hectic. The staff that I worked with were wonderful. They took a little getting used to at first because OR nurses work in high stress situations and they need what they need when they need it. This kept me on my toes also. Our supervisor was so nice and helpful. She was also an OR nurse who had many responsibilities and meetings to attend and her time was valuable, so when she needed something done, it became a priority. The hardest part of my job was in the way of our computer program. It wasn't very efficient for our department. The most enjoyable part of my job other than the wonderful people was the data entry I did. I was responsible for editing and entering of OR Record charges.
Pros
Wonderful hospital wide staff.
Cons
Our computer program was insufficient.
Work environment was very supportive of all disciplines of employees
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEJanuary 22, 2015
Every day was different at Mary Lanning. I enjoyed working through the Emergency Room doing crisis intervention. I especially liked individual psychotherapy with my clients. My co-workers were very supportive. We had a weekly peer review with the Behavioral Services social workers which I always looked forward to. The hardest part of the job was after hours on-call responsibilities. It wasn't unusual to be called in during the night for an emergency assessment.
Ok place to work
Cath Lab RT (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NEMay 25, 2014
Decent place to work. Nice facility with up to date equipment. Nice town.
Staff night RN Oncology Unit
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEOctober 22, 2012
Total patient care unit. Neurologist typically place patients on the unit. Received experience with Parkinsons, Huntington Korea, MS, WNV and rebound headache treatment. Infusions of Chemotherapy, IVIG and blood products. Hardest part of job was taking care of inpatient Hospice patients and their families.
Pros
very rewarding and few low census days
Cons
nurse patient ratio

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Lanning Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Mary Lanning Healthcare Reviews by Location