Mary Washington Healthcare Employee Reviews

Wonderful Work
Lead Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 14, 2018
was sad to leave after 13 years, great people, great mission, great job. i trusted my supervisor, and all my superiors. it was a very busy workplace but most people had great pride working there and doing their jobs.
Productive, Diverse and Team Environment
Capital Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 29, 2017
Productive and friendly work place that promotes work life balance. Great compensation and benefits. Mary Washington Healthcare has a diverse work force.
Unfair and judgemental workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 29, 2017
If you have FMLA for a serious reason they will find a way to push you out. Please tell me how a nurse can run a pharmacy. They I'll make things up to the point you can't fight it. This place is an unfair and unjust workplace. If you know the right people you will be ok but if you make noise for accurate reasons say goodbye to you job.
Watch your back
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 20, 2017
While a competitive salary is what draws people in the management and HR issues are the worst. If working is your favorite thing to do then this is the job for you cause your schedule changes moment to moment and helping out is what is expected but don't hope for anything in return. My suggestion is do not even apply.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Everything else
Poor management and no advancement after 10 years
PTA (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 10, 2017
I was the fall guy. Wrote up without proof of incident. 2 raises in 10 years. Promised 35 hours for full time and barely got 25 hours. Battling management caused so much stress I quit before it killed me.
Pros
A job
Cons
Management lies
Room for advancement
Material Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 29, 2017
Excellent place to work and plenty of room for advancement and furthering education within the company. Good benefits and fair pay. Convenient location.
Rewarding workplace, great coworkers and management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Labor and DeliveryNovember 25, 2017
Best place I have ever worked. Management really cares about all employees. Coworkers help each other to create a hardworking team building environment. Workplaces are what you make of them, and this group of coworkers makes Mary Washington Hospital a great place to work.
Pros
Teamwork, rewarding job.
Cons
No discount in cafeteria until 20 years
Labor and delivery
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  FredericksburgNovember 18, 2017
Worked on labor and delivery. Alot of bulling that goes on there is horrible. I saw first hand what it did to one of our co-worker. They have this group on Facebook where they talk about co-workers they don't like
Pros
Starbucks
Good Place to work
IT Business Analyst III - System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 31, 2017
I relocated to Chancellorsville due to marriage. Love working at MWHC but commute is to long.
A very family oriented organization and great place to work at.
Rn
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 30, 2017
Completed patient care to patients and families members, I was resource/charge nurse. Completed assessments on patients and did medication administration.
L&d
Licensed Practical Nurse Obstetrics Technician (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 22, 2017
Wonderful unit with wonderful nurses/doctors, the work is very fast paced and stressful yet very rewarding. This is a magnet facility and this unit shows why.
Horrible
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 9, 2017
Not a good place to work, understaffed, poor management, management does not always tell the truth. Only thing enjoyable was a good group of co-workers.
Cons
Understaffed, not always getting a meal break.
Good people to work with. Management was the worst i have every been around in period.
RRT (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 4, 2017
Terrible management! Great co-worker not a bad place to work if not for the poor job of management. Pay is ok but the work load is crazy and your always understaffed.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Management/ director
Great place to work. The ability to move from department to department. And great people.
Certified Central Sterilization Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work. I work with some great people and management is very fair towards everyone. Fast pace or relaxing at the same time. The co-workers are from all different back grounds so you get to learn about different cultures. The hardest part of my job is making sure you dont make mistakes because there is no room for them. The best part of my is you get to learn new things everyday.
Pros
ability to learn new things and move up to higher position if you want to.
Cons
Fast pace, no room for eras. must pay attention to detail.
Full time Employee for 8 years
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VASeptember 20, 2017
The company is a good company to work for. It can be stressful at times.

The management could be better as well.

There is no bonuses and the raises are low.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor Management
amazing place to work
Director Learning and OD (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 19, 2017
MWHC is an amazing place to work. The executive team cares and is very involved. The management team works hard to make it a great place to work. Employees strive to create an exeptional patient experience.
Pros
people, culture, management
Cons
nothing
A great place to work.
Central Sterilization Reprocessing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 25, 2017
Its very busy at work. I learn everything that has to do with my job. My manager is great. The culture diverse. Taking care of emergencies I love saving lives.
Pros
convenient and flexible
Cons
i wish it had longer breaks
Great place to gain experience
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
Mary Washington Hospital is a Level I Trauma Center so if experience is what you're looking for then it's a great place to look. The issue falls with the staff. Management is quick to send you to HR for the smallest of issues. They seem to be incapable of handling their associates themselves. I myself was never sent to HR, but the people around me were, so I am not a scorned previous worker. This is based on observations from my time with the company. The working conditions are awful at times due to staffing, but again, if management weren't so keen on mistreating and nitpicking with their employees, then this may not be such an issue.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, Management
Patient care driven
Supply Chain Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 31, 2017
Mary Washington Healthcare is passionate about patient care. The culture is focus on patient satisfaction, and patient outcomes. The hardest part about working here is the pace at which we see patients.
Not great for a temp
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 26, 2017
When you are a temp you are nothing to this company. They gave me a packet stating I had all benefits but when I went to her what was promised I was told I was only a temp and did not get anything. My manager keeps reminding me I am only a temp which is demoralizing.
Pros
Love wearing scrubs
Cons
Short breaks no incentives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Washington Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8