Mary Washington Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent, compassionate healthcare. Always.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 22, 2015
Learning and organizational development's institute provides a wealth of training and possibilities for mentoring. Project management & continuous improvement offer opportunities to become Lean Yellow or Green Belt certified.
Awesome in every way ....
Former Associate (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VaApril 14, 2015
Pros: Staff, radiologists, beautiful facility
Cons: salary
As a former associate of the Imaging Center for Women, I can testify that this is the most awesome place to work on earth!

This office is located in a beautiful, stand-alone imaging center -offering digital mammography, breast biopsy, ultrasound and bone density. Highly skilled, fellowship trained (and yet still personable) Radiologists who have a real passion for breast imaging practice here. The front desk and imaging staff are incredible . So fun to be around and truly give you the sense of working with family. They respect and support each other in so many ways, but more importantly - they do everything possible to always put the patients first.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with patients who fear breast cancer.
The most rewarding part of this job is knowing you have helped another woman through one of the most difficult times of her life.
As far as management goes - these people are top notch from the highest level on down. Very kind and always make an effort to recognize your hard work or offer meaningful feedback to improve if needed.
The only reason I left this job, was because of a personal crisis. I hope when my situation changes, I will be able to work there again.
Imaging Center For Women- Stay away
Imaging Access Rep (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good working hours
Cons: Favoritism, bullies, backstabbers
Agree with prior review that the work environment is stressful: playing favorites, backstabbers, manipulation, intimidation, no teamwork, immature. There are some nice people there but they just do their job and keep quiet because they know who the real "bosses" are and if they say anything, there will be some sort of retaliation. Some of the techs act like they are above helping out and only do their job and nothing more. Supervisor spends time on Facebook and care more about having fun than helping the staff with patients. Attitudes are horrible. There is so much controversy and throwing others under the bus. You cannot trust anyone. Some people get special treatment because they are considered as not replaceable. They should be gone. It has been like this for many years and will probably never change which is too bad for the few that want to do the right thing. There have been so many changes in management and this is the reason why.
Imaging Center for Women Sick High School Culture
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: A few good people
Cons: Drama, gossip, cliques, backstabbers, witch lover
The best way to describe working at ICW is to imagine being back in high school with the mean girls, cliques, and backstabbing. Having worked there for several years I witnessed so much bad behavior that made me wonder what these women do in their off time if they could be that mean at work. The Mammo Supervisor had witch paraphernalia all over her office and she was the ringleader for the "in crowd" that terrorized the rest of the team. She was obviously protected by the radiologist who himself was not liked by patients or by many of the techs. Management turned a blind eye because she was considered irreplaceable by the doctors. There was little team work as staff spent time watching their back more than helping each other. Gossip, drama, backbiting, and complaining were every day. There was a good manager who stayed for about 2 years and then gave up. I would never recommend working here unless you still act like you are in high school, like being stabbed in the back, and enjoy daily drama.
Work place was easy going.
IMAGE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fredricksburg,VAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: had great days and hours
Cons: lunch lines was too long it took up most of your lunch time.
Enjoyed working with the public. Better communication skills. Giving management suggestion on making work more efficient. My co-workers were the best team to be on. The hardest part of the job was not having a challenge for the day. Knowing my job was done well by the certificate I received.
Very Nice location, loved working there
Senior Registrar (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: location, people, training opportunities and growth
Cons: better clinical and administration understanding
My typical day at work would be to help gather demographic information from patients in different scenarios. While working at Mary Washington Hospital, I learned how to perform my tasks under conditions at times that required a quick response which often included not only administration but clinical staff as well as not to sweat the small stuff. Every situation does not cause for a response. My co-workers were helpful in making sure we all reached a common goal - help assist the patients. The hardest part of the job sometimes was trying to get both clinical and administration to have better communication, and working relations. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able daily to have interaction with the patients, and to comfort the ones who may simply just needed a hug or a listening ear. I have worked many places and left and I never felt a sense of going back to a job except this one. I miss Management and the people.
Nice atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: staff
Cons: insurance
Place is always kept clean. It's a safe environment to work in. The people are friendly to work with everyday. I have learned a lot from this job and I enjoy working within my community.
ok
cleaning aide (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: no free lunch
Cons: we got 2breaks and30 min. lunchbreak
ok
I learn a lot at the hospital
not to good
some was ok, I like working with people that is willing to work.
that was seeing sick people and you couldn't help them.
I met all kinds of people.
great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Terrible place to work, but great, hard-working co-workers. Underpaid, over-worked and under-appreciated. I made great friends that I still stay in touch with. I would never work for this organization again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
DON'T WORK AT SNOWDEN!!
Nurse (Current Employee), FredericksburgDecember 8, 2014
Cons: see review
I feel sorry for the person hired to be the "Operations Manager." I feel even sorrier for any nurses thinking about applying. Run. Run away as fast as you can. I work as a nurse there and I can tell you it is hellhole. We have been understaffed for years now with absolutely no support from management who sit behind there desks in another part of the building and never knows whats really happening. The nursing supervisor has a ridiculous level of power and is micromanaging every little thing we do. We always have her threats hanging over our heads. She leaves post-its on the walls telling us how to do our job. She wants us to work, even if we are sick or injured. The patients are treated with no respect and everyone hates there job and is only there until they can find something else or retire. It is dangerous. Staff members have been physically abused and sexually assaulted by patients. As far as the organization is concerned, it is a sinking ship taking everyone down with it. 60+ layoffs of management just happened with 30 million dollars in debt. If you want to ruin your career, this is a good place to do it.
A good work Environment
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee), Stafford, VANovember 14, 2014
My unit is considered a special unit so it has its ins and outs but over all I love my job
It was OKAY
Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: nepotism
Good job for someone in high school or right out of high school. Lots of nepotism. High turnover means the constant confusion and people not doing their jobs. Supervisors sometimes don't have the employees best interest.
Job is being joined with another position
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAOctober 14, 2014
MWH is an excellent place to work. My job is being phased out by the end of December due to cutbacks.
First reviewer said it.
CNA (Former Employee), FredericksburgSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: my wonderful coworkers
Cons: management, pay, layoffs
This place is going on a downward spiral. I use to enjoy working here. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I pray for those in fear of their job and those who lost theirs recently. I don't think this over, btw.
Lots of changes in various units, especially with management and pay rates. No real strong leadership in this hospital anymore.
Right now, I'm just sitting back and waiting for the turn around. I guess that will come when the hospital gets sold.
It was a closely knit place for all at Snowden
Charge Nurse, also staff Nurse (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: not able to exercise my full nursing care potential
My work day consisted of eight hrs, on a prn basis, surrounded by very helpful cowerkers and administration they made my transtition from working for 30+ yrs in MedSurg to a psychiatric dept smooth change.
the hardest part was when pts had outburst of anger and became an emergency and sometimes dangerous situation.
I enjoyed the majority of the time I worked at Snowden,the most enjoyable time was when I was able to communicate with pts and received a positive feedback
Many changes in healthcare at this time to include lay offs
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VASeptember 5, 2014
Been working for MWHC since 2006. A typical day includes taking care of 5 to 6 patients. High turn around of patients being discharged and admissions. Currently have interm manager. This is the 5th manager for this unit since the hospital opened five years ago. Enjoy working with co-workers.
MWHC
Employee (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: tuition assistance
Cons: limited career advancement
MWHC is a great employer; however, it is hard to advance your career.
Great experience
Occupational Therapist and Lymphedema Therapist (Former Employee), Stafford, VAApril 18, 2014
Working in the outpatient clinic was very rewarding. My boss was very understanding and let me venture to new specialties.
Great Experience
Registered Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 28, 2014
Good job overall, and gives you great experience
Great co-workers
Decent Management
Short Staffed
Not alot of job security
NA
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much upward mobility
Its a good starting job out of college. I am a Health Informaticist and work with the CMIO and head of Clinical Integration for the upcoming HIE that our local community is working to build within the cloud. I am enjoying the newfound Health IT industry as it is brand new to the hospital and providers.