Mary Washington Healthcare Employee Reviews

Collector (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 7, 2016
On a daily basis I am on the phone 85-95%, I listen to people explaining the no's or why's or just talking about their problems.
The job is challenging and fun, management works hard to provide any pertinent information needed to fulfill your job, they work with you and want you to succeed.
Everyone is a team player, we all work together, and the job is fun yet can be stressful.
It is most enjoyable to talk to patients and resolve any issues or direct them for additional help.
Not very good place to work
IS Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 23, 2015
Not a good place to work. Communication and accountability issues in this company. Have worked here for 6 years and gets worse every year
Stressful work environment
ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 14, 2015
I can't recommend this hospital as a good place to work. The work life balance is terrible. Administration doesn't support there employees.
No good to employees
2 job titles (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 9, 2015
The hard workers get run over, tasks added that were not in job field. Bad workers get all the recognition and awards. No advancement. No raise all time working there. Management didn't care what your issues were
Pros
Hmm... I'll wait
Cons
No lunches but the come out automatically, duties stacked up no recognition, not seen as a person just a number
A typical day at work was always understaffed. Nurses were way over worked. Bad communication always! Especially for the secretaries.
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 3, 2015
Nurses were always overworked, and stressed to breaking point. Bad communication secretaries never knew what was going on and when doctors , etc called to find out info we never knew and made us look like idiots. Not a good environment when you are trying to do a good job, but unable to because of bad communication.
Pros
Nurse managers would buy us lunch when no chance to go to lunch
Cons
Secretaries would often be overlooked for lunch breaks.
I truly love the interaction with my patients. I would recommend any one to be apatient at Mary Washington Hospital. We will take great care of you.
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 22, 2015
I love the interaction that I have on a day to day basis with my patients. I work with awesome people. I have learned that you have to have patience and treat people how you would want to be trated.
Pros
Evs week sometimes incentives for things we do. If we go above and beyond.
Cons
shortbreaks
Do Not Work Here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 18, 2015
This organization is full of arrogant, self-righteous and narcissistic management (and even some employees). It is a toxic environment for anyone who just wants to do good things for the community and the organization. It is not worth your time to apply. The Finance department is particularly concerning, as their leadership is deranged and mentally disturbed!

The few good "seeds" are drowning in the sea of idiots.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Horrible Management, people put in the basement
Good young talent, bad long lifers
Windows OS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 2, 2015
The organization unfortunately hasn't stood well with the test of time. Many lifers are still there and are unable to compete with the pace and knowledge of many of the younger and highly more educated IT staffers hired, even most of the management that remained after job cuts.

Typical days, it was difficult to locate individuals in departments as they would work from home and not actually be working, management knew little knowledge of their department and current technologies, and people rather took long lunches and didnt care of their daily tasks until their head was on the chopping block.

The younger IT personnel like myself were able and forced to manage ourselves, act as project leads, order equipment, delve into other departments areas, etc.

I learned a lot about myself, my willingness to advance and become a team leader, and stand apart from the rest.

I would not recommend this job for anyone who wishes to work in a professional environment with individuals who take responsibility for their actions.
Looking for a job where I can advance my skills
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 24, 2015
The work is very knowledge, I would like to be consider for advancement but there is not alot of opportunites in this organization for the work I do.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
no advancements
Excellent, compassionate healthcare. Always.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 22, 2015
Learning and organizational development's institute provides a wealth of training and possibilities for mentoring. Project management & continuous improvement offer opportunities to become Lean Yellow or Green Belt certified.
Awesome in every way ....
Former Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VaApril 14, 2015
As a former associate of the Imaging Center for Women, I can testify that this is the most awesome place to work on earth!

This office is located in a beautiful, stand-alone imaging center -offering digital mammography, breast biopsy, ultrasound and bone density. Highly skilled, fellowship trained (and yet still personable) Radiologists who have a real passion for breast imaging practice here. The front desk and imaging staff are incredible . So fun to be around and truly give you the sense of working with family. They respect and support each other in so many ways, but more importantly - they do everything possible to always put the patients first.
The hardest part of this job is dealing with patients who fear breast cancer.
The most rewarding part of this job is knowing you have helped another woman through one of the most difficult times of her life.
As far as management goes - these people are top notch from the highest level on down. Very kind and always make an effort to recognize your hard work or offer meaningful feedback to improve if needed.
The only reason I left this job, was because of a personal crisis. I hope when my situation changes, I will be able to work there again.
Pros
Staff, radiologists, beautiful facility
Cons
salary
Imaging Center For Women- Stay away
Imaging Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 25, 2015
Agree with prior review that the work environment is stressful: playing favorites, backstabbers, manipulation, intimidation, no teamwork, immature. There are some nice people there but they just do their job and keep quiet because they know who the real "bosses" are and if they say anything, there will be some sort of retaliation. Some of the techs act like they are above helping out and only do their job and nothing more. Supervisor spends time on Facebook and care more about having fun than helping the staff with patients. Attitudes are horrible. There is so much controversy and throwing others under the bus. You cannot trust anyone. Some people get special treatment because they are considered as not replaceable. They should be gone. It has been like this for many years and will probably never change which is too bad for the few that want to do the right thing. There have been so many changes in management and this is the reason why.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Favoritism, bullies, backstabbers
Imaging Center for Women Sick High School Culture
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 11, 2015
The best way to describe working at ICW is to imagine being back in high school with the mean girls, cliques, and backstabbing. Having worked there for several years I witnessed so much bad behavior that made me wonder what these women do in their off time if they could be that mean at work. The Mammo Supervisor had witch paraphernalia all over her office and she was the ringleader for the "in crowd" that terrorized the rest of the team. She was obviously protected by the radiologist who himself was not liked by patients or by many of the techs. Management turned a blind eye because she was considered irreplaceable by the doctors. There was little team work as staff spent time watching their back more than helping each other. Gossip, drama, backbiting, and complaining were every day. There was a good manager who stayed for about 2 years and then gave up. I would never recommend working here unless you still act like you are in high school, like being stabbed in the back, and enjoy daily drama.
Pros
A few good people
Cons
Drama, gossip, cliques, backstabbers, witch lover
Work place was easy going.
IMAGE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fredricksburg,VAMarch 9, 2015
Enjoyed working with the public. Better communication skills. Giving management suggestion on making work more efficient. My co-workers were the best team to be on. The hardest part of the job was not having a challenge for the day. Knowing my job was done well by the certificate I received.
Pros
had great days and hours
Cons
lunch lines was too long it took up most of your lunch time.
Very Nice location, loved working there
Senior Registrar (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 16, 2015
My typical day at work would be to help gather demographic information from patients in different scenarios. While working at Mary Washington Hospital, I learned how to perform my tasks under conditions at times that required a quick response which often included not only administration but clinical staff as well as not to sweat the small stuff. Every situation does not cause for a response. My co-workers were helpful in making sure we all reached a common goal - help assist the patients. The hardest part of the job sometimes was trying to get both clinical and administration to have better communication, and working relations. However, the most enjoyable part of my job was being able daily to have interaction with the patients, and to comfort the ones who may simply just needed a hug or a listening ear. I have worked many places and left and I never felt a sense of going back to a job except this one. I miss Management and the people.
Pros
location, people, training opportunities and growth
Cons
better clinical and administration understanding
Nice atmosphere
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 13, 2015
Place is always kept clean. It's a safe environment to work in. The people are friendly to work with everyday. I have learned a lot from this job and I enjoy working within my community.
Pros
staff
Cons
insurance
ok
cleaning aide (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 12, 2015
ok
I learn a lot at the hospital
not to good
some was ok, I like working with people that is willing to work.
that was seeing sick people and you couldn't help them.
I met all kinds of people.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
we got 2breaks and30 min. lunchbreak
great coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 2, 2015
Terrible place to work, but great, hard-working co-workers. Underpaid, over-worked and under-appreciated. I made great friends that I still stay in touch with. I would never work for this organization again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
DON'T WORK AT SNOWDEN!!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  FredericksburgDecember 8, 2014
I feel sorry for the person hired to be the "Operations Manager." I feel even sorrier for any nurses thinking about applying. Run. Run away as fast as you can. I work as a nurse there and I can tell you it is hellhole. We have been understaffed for years now with absolutely no support from management who sit behind there desks in another part of the building and never knows whats really happening. The nursing supervisor has a ridiculous level of power and is micromanaging every little thing we do. We always have her threats hanging over our heads. She leaves post-its on the walls telling us how to do our job. She wants us to work, even if we are sick or injured. The patients are treated with no respect and everyone hates there job and is only there until they can find something else or retire. It is dangerous. Staff members have been physically abused and sexually assaulted by patients. As far as the organization is concerned, it is a sinking ship taking everyone down with it. 60+ layoffs of management just happened with 30 million dollars in debt. If you want to ruin your career, this is a good place to do it.
Cons
see review
A good work Environment
Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VANovember 14, 2014
My unit is considered a special unit so it has its ins and outs but over all I love my job