Mary Washington Healthcare Employee Reviews

Lunches
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Get work assignment get jobs done hardest part of job was that a lot of nurses were not helpful and most enjoyable was helping patients.
Horrible place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Emergency roomDecember 8, 2016
You are overworked and underpayed. Management has absolutely no skills to run a psych hospital and they do not care about there workers! The staff attacks each other and there is way to much favoritism. You are never judged on your work preformance. There is tons of backstabbers.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Flexible hours
Great job with benefits.
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 30, 2016
I loved working here. I was given great benefits. They have a wonderful daycare with great rates as well. I was able to take classes to expand my abilities.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Working holidays.
Surgical tech
OR Technician (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 25, 2016
Work full time but am interested in working for a different company... No on call time available .........................................................
Cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAOctober 7, 2016
Exhausting job. Never enough staff. Pay is terrible. No growth potential. Terrible Management. Most co-workers are great.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Short breaks, not enough staff, pay, no teamwork
Sleep Medicine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAOctober 6, 2016
Great work environment. I loved working with patients. Allscripts was a wonderful tool to do patient intake. Co-worker were good about teamwork with patient care.
Great place to work, challenging and a lot to learn,
Refund and Credit Specialist, Intern (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 31, 2016
This was an internship, not a full-time paid job. I enjoyed my internship at Mary Washington Healthcare and I learned a lot while i was there. The majority of my time was spent analyze credit balance accounts and processing refund requests. In my other time there I had the opportunity to shadow in a few different departments, including with some top management personnel, and attend several different meetings.
good teamwork
Medical/Surgical Unit, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 17, 2016
good teamwork, generally good management, learning supportive environment, caring staff, up-to-date and very new hospital, clean, small-town atmosphere, friendly people, willing-to-help attitude overall
Pros
teamwork, comraderie
Cons
scheduling issues, far away
My working environment
CNA Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 20, 2016
As a nurse assistant, I worked side by side with the Registered providing patients' care. I enjoyed the job very much, because each day was a different day and because it an intensive care Unit, we have to be always prepared for the unpredictable an emergency, changing or patient's behavior or their health status.

I like the environment specially the nurses because they performed the talks with passion so I am. As a result, we have always communicated very well helped each other whenever possible and at the same time we alway took care of each other as a family.
Clinicians beware
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 10, 2016
The department is completely in disarray. If you aren't a miserable married person then you won't fit into this sorority. So called hands on management will flip-flop on you in a second due to being spineless and fearful of department director. Inconsistent training, lots of gossiping nonsense, poor communication, attitudes from "senior" clinicians who are intimidated, and lack of team work. They promise a lot up front but will cross you the first chance they get. Stay away from here!!!!! Zero stars if I could.
Pros
Feeling like you actually help those in crisis
Cons
Everything else
Great comapny with no advancement and benefits
Onsite Representative for PWC/ Collections (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 9, 2016
I was hired as a Temp through PWHC to be an onsite Representative. Even though I was not on there team they still treated me like I was one of there own. Team work was great and loved this job. Unfortunately my contract ran out but with very positive results. Its a great company!
Pros
Great job
Cons
Temporay position
Unsupportive and hostile work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMay 1, 2016
Poor staffing, unsupportive and uncaring management who will place you in unsafe, unethical situations that could and will compromise the lives of patients and your license at every opportunity, unrealistic expectations, a "good old girl" culture (old timers rule), declined vacation requests, even if provided a year in advance, hard workers penalized as others will gladly ride off of your hard work and literally sit around gossiping while you suffer, mostly a travel nurse staffed area (in my department who mostly do not renew their contracts) and God complexed physicians who belittle you at every turn....these are just a few reasons to run, not walk away from this organization. Best thing that could happen to them is a Sentara buyout, who, by the way, I recommend highly and cannot say enough good about.

Do not expect to eat or to use the restroom for 12 hours while you are on the clock.
Poor Management, No raises, not a happy place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 14, 2016
Over worked and Under appreciated. Constant cracking of the whip. Forced to smile and put forth a false front to patients and visitors. No family/work life balance. Decent pay and benefits.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
over worked, not appreciated, poor management
a place that will test your strength and grow you
Educational Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 9, 2016
Everyday is a different challenge and you can make or break you day with the attitude that enter into the building. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the change that the patients have experience.
Pros
having a positive influence on a person life
Cons
the nature of work environment is stressful
Good salary, overwhelming work load and poor scheduling
Microbiology Technician (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 26, 2016
The salary is good for the area. The work load is overwhelming, you never can complete the work. Need more staffing, work short a lot. The scheduling is even worse. Times work change weekly sometimes more frequent. Management needs more training. Staff training is poor. You are thrown into the job with minimal training. The hardest part of the job is work schedule.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Training, work load and minimal training
Most things are true about the culture, low staffing, sucky pay.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 10, 2016
I worked here for a period of a year as a CNA and then as a HUC (forced into the position) on the stroke unit 4 west. During my time there, within the first week I could tell that it was a bit clicky and there were definite issues with nepotism. Even when I got the call to accept the position, the lady was rude when I tried to negotiate my pay. "Do you want it or not?" she said, yeah, not a good start. The assistant unit manager was definitely someone to watch for, she would sniff you out if you so much as walked down the hallway with a jacket on. Lots of nit-picky things going on as well, probably just to get a rise or crack a whip, those sort of things. Pay was not all that good to begin with and there are a lot less stressful places to work in the community than here. I would not attempt to work here unless it is only to get clinical experience or you are working in a non-clinical setting. I am glad for the things I have learned while working here, but I would probably not do it over again.
Pros
Shifts you could pick up
Cons
Culture, pay, benefits
Collector (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJanuary 7, 2016
On a daily basis I am on the phone 85-95%, I listen to people explaining the no's or why's or just talking about their problems.
The job is challenging and fun, management works hard to provide any pertinent information needed to fulfill your job, they work with you and want you to succeed.
Everyone is a team player, we all work together, and the job is fun yet can be stressful.
It is most enjoyable to talk to patients and resolve any issues or direct them for additional help.
Not very good place to work
IS Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 23, 2015
Not a good place to work. Communication and accountability issues in this company. Have worked here for 6 years and gets worse every year
Stressful work environment
ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 14, 2015
I can't recommend this hospital as a good place to work. The work life balance is terrible. Administration doesn't support there employees.
No good to employees
2 job titles (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 9, 2015
The hard workers get run over, tasks added that were not in job field. Bad workers get all the recognition and awards. No advancement. No raise all time working there. Management didn't care what your issues were
Pros
Hmm... I'll wait
Cons
No lunches but the come out automatically, duties stacked up no recognition, not seen as a person just a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mary Washington Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7