Marygrove College Employee Reviews

Great Work Place
Work-Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 11, 2017
The staff were alittle immature but it was a great place to work. But they were very friendly and easy people to work with. The job was easygoing and I had fun.
Nice place to work.
Associate Professor of Political Science (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 29, 2017
Poor management decisions. The college did not prepare the undergraduate faculty for the shut down of all undergraduate programs. The job terminations were given two weeks before the start of the Fall semester.
a small Catholic liberal arts college
Mary Lou Greene-Professor of Visual Art Department (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2017
Recieved a great education from this institution
Benefited from having strong relationships with professors and peers
Gained immense knowledge from the art and psychology department
Pros
small institution, talented and supportive professors
Cons
tuition
3 separate times, same outcome
Student & Residence Life Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 15, 2017
I've worked for Marygrove College on three separate occasions. Each time ended in me leaving as conditions worsened. Department budget not approved for the full term. Barely any resources to get the job done. Overworked, underpaid, ill advised. Whatever you do stay away from the campus counselor and anyone responsible for recruiting students. They will set you up EVERY TIME. Enrollment is under 250 students. That's beyond low. MG needs at least 1200 students to count as successful or viable and it's not meeting those numbers currently. Everyone (by this I mean staff and faculty, not upper management or vp level) is incredibly overworked and the students suffer. It's a horrible place to work or get an education.
Pros
The people you have an opportunity to meet with which to network.
Cons
Everything else... I'm so serious.
fun place too work
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 6, 2017
Just answering phone. I learned how to work at a fast pace. Management was very professional. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the personalities. The most enjoyable part of the job was the new people I met.
Decent Job
BUILD Scholar (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 29, 2017
Good job for being in college because it is a work study. It's also good for gaining experience to move forward in applying for other jobs. The people are nice and helpful.
Cons
Only limited to 15 hours a week
Good
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 29, 2017
great place to work in the City of Detroit. The work environment is good dont want to work any where else. I love working at Marygrove College in the city of detroit
Pros
great place to work
good
Office Coordinator
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 10, 2017
Marygrove is a wonderful college with a compassionate staff. The college community is highly dedicated to serving the underprivileged and making an education an option for all!
Enjoyed working there.
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 9, 2017
Enjoyed working with others, helping others, and the diversified campus of people. The team work in our department was good, with a great supervisor.
Friendly Enviorment
Volunteer Workers (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2016
Typical work environment fun friendly love dealing with the children. I've learned how to obtain a normal steady work pace while dealing with school also I learned how to become a people's person a well as organized with company documents.
Pros
Free lunch, invitation to the church
Cons
Long after nights
Great Family Environment
New Student Orientation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 16, 2016
This was an fun an enjoyable way for students to both earn money and influence the youth of the community, through workshops and tam building activities.
Very unorganized
Employee (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 8, 2016
Everyone is out for themselves. There is no advancement in that company, management cannot be trusted! You never know if the school is going to close or not, I hated working there!
Meh
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 8, 2016
Ok. This company can be a dream or a nightmare. It all depends on upper management. Please be aware of the snakes. The job is easy and fun, however the benefits and lousy hours, sont so much.
productive and fun workplace
Social work research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 20, 2016
(MY POSITION FOR THIS JOB WILL END AT THE END OF THE SEMESTER MARCH 8,2016) This is a work study job through the college that I currently attend. I really enjoy this position because it allows me to research and interact with faculty and participate in community networking.
Pros
Research, Computer access
Cons
No breaks
Students are focused and a joy to work with!
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  DetroitSeptember 15, 2015
The place is a great place to work and it fosters a community environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them. Employees are usually there for a long period of time considering the comradery and the students. Upper management and training was the biggest concern considering each was nonexistent.
Benefits
Cons
Management is awful! Training is nonexeistent
Nice job
Assistant Lab Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 13, 2015
Easy job, reliable for a seasonal position, a few mistakes were made by payroll, I enjoyed working for my supervisor. This was a work study position and the pay helped.
Unfair treatment of students
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 11, 2015
This college is not fair to students who lack the financial resources to earn their degree. The more you make the more money you receive for tuition. The less money you make the less money you receive for tuition. This college is for the wealthy only.
Human Resources Generalist
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at Marygrove. The environment was laid back and Fun. Work load wasn't overwhelming but challenging at times. Work schedule averaged 8:30a - 5:00pm M-F. Some weekend work not often.
Pros
friendly, safe and fun work environment.
Cons
Low Compensation
Work-Study
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2015
This was a good work study job environment. Throughout the years all of my managers were friendly and understandable of my changing school schedule.
Pros
Workable hours, friendly management
Fun
Associate Head Coach (Former Employee) –  DetoitJune 16, 2015
Great overall to work for a lot of traveling meeting people helping to guide young people in growth towards life challanges
Pros
Freedom to work alone
Cons
travel