Marygrove College

Marygrove College Employer Reviews

For the most part Marygrove College is a pleasant and challenging place to work.
Registrar (Current Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 1, 2014
A typical day at Marygrove requires interaction with students, faculty and staff. It involves oversight of all functions within the Registrar's Office and coordination of processes with other offices.

When I started at Marygrove I discovered that it was governed by many committees and that decisions regarding operations were normally made at the committee level.

There is a senior leadership team that has oversight of the institution.

My co-workers are pleasant to work with.

Marygrove is understaffed in many departments. Finding enough hours in the day to get necessary tasks done is challenging.

Implementing new processes that reduce work load and improve system functionality while providing greater customer service to all clients is very rewarding.
Productive college environment meet some peers during this project.
Project Implementation Team member (Former Employee), Detroit, MINovember 18, 2013
Pros: great work expereince, ability to learn something new and team build.
Cons: working hours were some day 12- 16 hours for a project.
A typical day included a very busy and productive day. As we were on a time line the project was completed a head of time.What I learn was some on site training for the Windows 7 upgrade. The co- workers were people that were pulled together for this project and we got the job done! The hardest part of this job were the 12 -16 hours days. the most enjoyable part was the team work the free lunches and the pay!
Great Work Environment
Writing Center Assistant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 4, 2013
A typical day at work included data entry using MS Excel, i.e., logging student’s assessment scores into a filing system. Thus, I’ve learned how to defrag a computer to prevent a malfunction and / or hard drive performance deterioration. Therefore, the computer will run more efficient. However, working for Marygrove College I’ve learned a lot about management, i.e.; management of time, management of tasks’, and management of helping people in a timely order. It is imperative to conduct manners in a timely and (respectful) order for production, e.g., tasks’ to be carried out efficiently.
college job
Computer Technical Assistant (Former Employee), detroit, miSeptember 6, 2012
i had the most fun at work conversing with other students about goals and issues with their homework. i was a part time tutor as well as career center assistant.
A Mission to Educate members of a Diverse Urban Community
Instructor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 8, 2012
Pros: assisting students of a diverse urban setting
Cons: class size varies
Overall, I appreciated and enjoyed my experience working as an Instructor for Marygrove's Department of Continuing Education. Both colleagues and their support team were cooperative, resourceful and determined to educate all students who attended the enrichment services program. Regardless of ethnicity, economic status, religious and/or cultural beliefs the department continued to help students with resources and learning tools necessary to build stronger academic skills. The hardest part of the job was meeting the needs of all my students, encouraging them to do the best and maintain high expectations, even when they missed steps. Likewise, the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the joy and appreciation on student's faces when they had mastered specific skills and were ready to move on to the next level. Teaching is a challenging profession, however, knowing that students have accomplish their goals makes it worthwhile. As alumni, it was a privilege to assists other students like the professors, and staff helped me when I attended Marygrove College.
Great work environment, supportive
Writing Consultant (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMarch 24, 2012
Pros: great teaching experience, wonderful environment, supportive staff
Cons: no benefits, low compensation
Great working environment for anyone interested in gaining tutoring or teaching experience.
Good Opportunity for Part Time Employment
Sp Ed Coord and Online Instructor (Former Employee), Main Campus, online and Coharts in remote sitesJanuary 2, 2012
Pros: administrative support to be creative
Cons: small institution
Good opportunity for part time administrative and adjunct positions.