Maryhaven

Maryhaven Employer Reviews

RUN
Nurse (Former Employee), ColumbusMay 6, 2013
Cons: unethical, poor pay, poor healthcare
This is one of the lowest paid nursing jobs in the city, and the benefits are poor. Nepotism runs wild; so you are more likely to get hired, if you know someone or are related to someone. Management is extremely poor and ignores what employees say. Training is almost non-existent. They will throw you wherever and expect you to start working with no – more... training. Also, they will tell you that you are working on one unit when they hire you, but then you find yourself as a full-time employee in another unit. Lunches are not free for nurses. If a cafeteria worker likes you, then you get a lot of food on your plate. If they don't like you, then you get very little. – less
Consistant with work ethics
Case Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2012
Good work place. Worked with you on scheduling work times and hours given to you.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Shirley, NYJuly 8, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: managers, coworkers
I was at Maryhaven for only a short time, my managers were not helpful at all and didn't have a good relationship with their staff. I didn't learn much from them because they didn't go out of their way to train staff and help out with anything. The clients were the best part of this job but management and coworkers were not helpful.
Fun and Caring job
Teachers Aide, Caregiver (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYMarch 31, 2012
Pros: loved working with adults, children and staff
I loved working there, I worked very well with both the adults, and children as well as the staff.
A good place to start a nursing career
LPN (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2011
Maryhaven, in my opinion, is a good place to start your career in nursing. You are able to develop your nursing skills in a safe, low stress envurinment.