Maryhaven Employee Reviews in United States

good recovery program
Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2016
I only have experience with the Residential Adolescent Unit. Staff is committed to the recovery of their clients. Groups are held twice daily and there is an opportunity for the clients to continue their education in house as well as a credit recovery program.
Management in the Adolescent Unit is very supportive of interns and the supervisors are extremely knowledgeable.
I have learned and practiced assessments, leading groups and individual clients as well as family sessions. The hardest part of the job has been to learn to "go with the flow" dealing with chemically addicted adolescents particularly boys, in my case. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the difference made in the lives of the clients.
Pros
staff and ability to learn as an intern
Cons
space shortage for clinicians
good
CCP (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Like the overall mission of this fcilty. school was on site. and individuals were exposed to outside life in the form of occupations and community outings.
An interesting experience
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2015
Working here is non stop action when working with the adolescent population. The ability to think quickly and often with out assistance is a must. No much to be learned here from the upper management although co-workers will provide assistance when available. the hardest part of the job is minimal job training, limited CEU opportunities due to work load, reactive supervision and intervention, and high demand on productivity with minimal time for documentation. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the autonomy of the position, knowledgeable, co-workers, and pay.
Not paid enough job is stressful
FULL TIME DIRECT SUPPORT PROFFESIONAL (Current Employee) –  port jefferson nyAugust 11, 2015
At this job you do everything from cooking to cleaning to showering. Also you don't get paid enough other agencies pay a lot more. I give out meds at this job and your responsible for a lot.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
no breaks low pay
Great job
Direct Care Counselor/Medical Transport (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYOctober 23, 2014
Setting appointments daily activities documentation administer medications Transport
employee (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioOctober 20, 2014
Maryhaven does an outstanding jobs helping countless men and women to stop using drugs and improve their lives by giving them the support they need with counseling and ongoing treatment plan.
Pros
helping people better their lives
Cons
the pay could be a little better.
Adolescent Treatment
Lead Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2014
The great thing about Maryhaven is that no one day is the same. Even with programing, the clients surprise you everyday with their behavior. It is also the ultimate training ground for working with at risk youth.
Pros
the flexibility of the schedule.
Cons
the inability of management to plan for the future.
Gratifying job where I feel I make a difference, family atmosphere
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Upon arriving at work, I am assigned 2 to 3 patients that I am responsible for throughout the day. My job duties include assistance with showering and toileting every 2 to 3 hours or when needed. These individuals are all in wheelchairs and all suffer from some type of developmental disability. They need to be repositioned every 2 to 4 hours and monitored during meal times. I learned basic skills of caring for patients who are unable to care for themselves.
Terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2014
This place has no consistency with their own rules and regulations. Management always passing the buck. The wages are terrible!!! Management not having a clue about the daily operations, no work manuals.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
work atmosphere, mangement
Awesome place to work/ great atmosphere
UNIT MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Hardest part of this job was losing a client who just could not see their self worth. I learned many things at maryhaven, mostly compassion for others, co-workers awesome and so helpful.
Pros
learning experience and ebveryone had one goal
Cons
short staffed
Consistant with work ethics
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2012
Good work place. Worked with you on scheduling work times and hours given to you.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Shirley, NYJuly 8, 2012
I was at Maryhaven for only a short time, my managers were not helpful at all and didn't have a good relationship with their staff. I didn't learn much from them because they didn't go out of their way to train staff and help out with anything. The clients were the best part of this job but management and coworkers were not helpful.
Pros
clients
Cons
managers, coworkers
Fun and Caring job
Teachers Aide, Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYMarch 31, 2012
I loved working there, I worked very well with both the adults, and children as well as the staff.
Pros
loved working with adults, children and staff
A good place to start a nursing career
LPN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2011
Maryhaven, in my opinion, is a good place to start your career in nursing. You are able to develop your nursing skills in a safe, low stress envurinment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryhaven. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5