Maryhaven

Maryhaven Employer Reviews

Gratifying job where I feel I make a difference, family atmosphere
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Upon arriving at work, I am assigned 2 to 3 patients that I am responsible for throughout the day. My job duties include assistance with showering and toileting every 2 to 3 hours or when needed. These individuals are all in wheelchairs and all suffer from some type of developmental disability. They need to be repositioned every 2 to 4 hours and monitored – more... during meal times. I learned basic skills of caring for patients who are unable to care for themselves. – less
Terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: work atmosphere, mangement
This place has no consistency with their own rules and regulations. Management always passing the buck. The wages are terrible!!! Management not having a clue about the daily operations, no work manuals.
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK/ GREAT ATMOSPHERE
UNIT MENTOR (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: learning experience and ebveryone had one goal
Cons: short staffed
HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB WAS LOSING A CLIENT WHO JUST COULD NOT SEE THEIR SELF WORTH. I LEARNED MANY THINGS AT MARYHAVEN, MOSTLY COMPASSION FOR OTHERS, CO-WORKERS AWESOME AND SO HELPFUL.
Consistant with work ethics
Case Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2012
Good work place. Worked with you on scheduling work times and hours given to you.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Shirley, NYJuly 8, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: managers, coworkers
I was at Maryhaven for only a short time, my managers were not helpful at all and didn't have a good relationship with their staff. I didn't learn much from them because they didn't go out of their way to train staff and help out with anything. The clients were the best part of this job but management and coworkers were not helpful.
Fun and Caring job
Teachers Aide, Caregiver (Former Employee), Port Jefferson, NYMarch 31, 2012
Pros: loved working with adults, children and staff
I loved working there, I worked very well with both the adults, and children as well as the staff.
A good place to start a nursing career
LPN (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2011
Maryhaven, in my opinion, is a good place to start your career in nursing. You are able to develop your nursing skills in a safe, low stress envurinment.