Maryhaven Employee Reviews

Awesome
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYMay 15, 2017
Caring for the developmentally disabled was a very fulfilling and satisfying position. I would definitely get back into the field and have no complaints about this particular company
Maryahven
Case Aide (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 4, 2017
Maryhaven provides care givers to heal and become compassionate to clients suffering from addiction. Management is not the best, can be chaotic. Tread with care.
Culturally Diverse
Lead Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 3, 2017
Maryhaven has been in existence for many years for many reason. They provide medical, mental, addiction and linkage to social services. Holistic recovery
Pros
Balanced meals for clients
Ready to relocate
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 7, 2017
I have been in Behavioral Health Billing for many years and this was an opportunity for me to expand my knowledge in this field. I was able to work independently which allowed me to work more efficient and be more accurate.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Environment/Management
rewarding
Goal Coach/Case Aid (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHFebruary 13, 2017
working with those who are battling substance abuse and mental health challenges. Being a roll model and sounding board for those who need someone to listen. Assist in setting goals of sobriety and futures after sobriety
Pros
measured success day by day
Cons
relapse realisim
Worst job ever
LPN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 31, 2016
This place is unorganized, unethical and unpredictable. The nurses are not trained correctly, the charge nurse is hard to get along with. Upper management will not stand up for you even if you are right. The case aids are out of control and do not take direction from nurses. Save your license, do not work here.
Overall work day at Maryhaven
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYDecember 2, 2016
Typical work day is caring for the individuals needs. What I have learned is the person center planing toward the individual needs and wants. Management and co-workers work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is working when its under ratio. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the individuals accomplished their tasks/goals independently.
I strongly believe that Maryhaven needs to be unionized for empolyees.
Pros
Team work when needed
Cons
Not enough staff per shift
rewarding
Register Nurse (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHOctober 30, 2016
The clients made the job rewarding and difficult at the same time. Working with addiction is a rough field. The staffed cared but resources are scarce
I have learned a lot about the field.
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 2, 2016
I try to stay busy all of the time with groups and one on one sessions with clients. Work closely with clinical supervisor. Communication with co-workers are important. The most enjoyable part of the job is my clients.
Pros
I have a passion for my work and my clients.
Cons
Ins has high deductable.
good recovery program
Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2016
I only have experience with the Residential Adolescent Unit. Staff is committed to the recovery of their clients. Groups are held twice daily and there is an opportunity for the clients to continue their education in house as well as a credit recovery program.
Management in the Adolescent Unit is very supportive of interns and the supervisors are extremely knowledgeable.
I have learned and practiced assessments, leading groups and individual clients as well as family sessions. The hardest part of the job has been to learn to "go with the flow" dealing with chemically addicted adolescents particularly boys, in my case. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the difference made in the lives of the clients.
Pros
staff and ability to learn as an intern
Cons
space shortage for clinicians
good
CCP (Former Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYJanuary 12, 2016
Like the overall mission of this fcilty. school was on site. and individuals were exposed to outside life in the form of occupations and community outings.
An interesting experience
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 31, 2015
Working here is non stop action when working with the adolescent population. The ability to think quickly and often with out assistance is a must. No much to be learned here from the upper management although co-workers will provide assistance when available. the hardest part of the job is minimal job training, limited CEU opportunities due to work load, reactive supervision and intervention, and high demand on productivity with minimal time for documentation. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the autonomy of the position, knowledgeable, co-workers, and pay.
Not paid enough job is stressful
FULL TIME DIRECT SUPPORT PROFFESIONAL (Current Employee) –  port jefferson nyAugust 11, 2015
At this job you do everything from cooking to cleaning to showering. Also you don't get paid enough other agencies pay a lot more. I give out meds at this job and your responsible for a lot.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
no breaks low pay
Great job
Direct Care Counselor/Medical Transport (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYOctober 23, 2014
Setting appointments daily activities documentation administer medications Transport
employee (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioOctober 20, 2014
Maryhaven does an outstanding jobs helping countless men and women to stop using drugs and improve their lives by giving them the support they need with counseling and ongoing treatment plan.
Pros
Helping people better their lives
Cons
The pay could be a little better.
Adolescent Treatment
Lead Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2014
The great thing about Maryhaven is that no one day is the same. Even with programing, the clients surprise you everyday with their behavior. It is also the ultimate training ground for working with at risk youth.
Pros
The flexibility of the schedule.
Cons
The inability of management to plan for the future.
Gratifying job where I feel I make a difference, family atmosphere
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Upon arriving at work, I am assigned 2 to 3 patients that I am responsible for throughout the day. My job duties include assistance with showering and toileting every 2 to 3 hours or when needed. These individuals are all in wheelchairs and all suffer from some type of developmental disability. They need to be repositioned every 2 to 4 hours and monitored during meal times. I learned basic skills of caring for patients who are unable to care for themselves.
Terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2014
This place has no consistency with their own rules and regulations. Management always passing the buck. The wages are terrible!!! Management not having a clue about the daily operations, no work manuals.
Pros
My co-workers
Cons
work atmosphere, mangement
Awesome place to work/ great atmosphere
UNIT MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Hardest part of this job was losing a client who just could not see their self worth. I learned many things at maryhaven, mostly compassion for others, co-workers awesome and so helpful.
Pros
Learning experience and ebveryone had one goal
Cons
Short staffed
Consistant with work ethics
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2012
Good work place. Worked with you on scheduling work times and hours given to you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryhaven. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7