Maryhaven

Maryhaven United States Employee Reviews

Teachers Aide
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Port Jefferson Station, NYMarch 24, 2015
Great place to work. Flexible hours, overtime, friendly co-workers. Can't say enough good things. But I need something closer to home. I apply myself whole heartedly to my jobs and am ready to take on any challenge. I pride myself in my dedication to my responsibilities.
Love it here!
Case Aide (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: teamwork, flexible schedule, great management team
Cons: pay could be better
I love the fact of getting to know the clients on a deeper level then just knowing them by name. It is nice to see when someone takes the time to reach out to them and make them smile. In my short time of being here, I can't imagine working anywhere else. The clients definitely pull at your heart strings. I never saw myself working with adolescents, but now I know this is where I belong. Also, it is nice to hear "thank you" from your boss and know they genuinely mean it.
Great job
Direct Care Counselor/Medical Transport (Former Employee), Medford, NYOctober 23, 2014
Setting appointments daily activities documentation administer medications Transport
employee (Former Employee), columbus ohioOctober 20, 2014
Pros: helping people better their lives
Cons: the pay could be a little better.
Maryhaven does an outstanding jobs helping countless men and women to stop using drugs and improve their lives by giving them the support they need with counseling and ongoing treatment plan.
Adolescent Treatment
Lead Case Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 19, 2014
Pros: the flexibility of the schedule.
Cons: the inability of management to plan for the future.
The great thing about Maryhaven is that no one day is the same. Even with programing, the clients surprise you everyday with their behavior. It is also the ultimate training ground for working with at risk youth.
Gratifying job where I feel I make a difference, family atmosphere
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee), Port Jefferson, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Upon arriving at work, I am assigned 2 to 3 patients that I am responsible for throughout the day. My job duties include assistance with showering and toileting every 2 to 3 hours or when needed. These individuals are all in wheelchairs and all suffer from some type of developmental disability. They need to be repositioned every 2 to 4 hours and monitored during meal times. I learned basic skills of caring for patients who are unable to care for themselves.
Terrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: work atmosphere, mangement
This place has no consistency with their own rules and regulations. Management always passing the buck. The wages are terrible!!! Management not having a clue about the daily operations, no work manuals.
AWESOME PLACE TO WORK/ GREAT ATMOSPHERE
UNIT MENTOR (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: learning experience and ebveryone had one goal
Cons: short staffed
HARDEST PART OF THIS JOB WAS LOSING A CLIENT WHO JUST COULD NOT SEE THEIR SELF WORTH. I LEARNED MANY THINGS AT MARYHAVEN, MOSTLY COMPASSION FOR OTHERS, CO-WORKERS AWESOME AND SO HELPFUL.
RUN
Nurse (Former Employee), ColumbusMay 6, 2013
Cons: unethical, poor pay, poor healthcare
This is one of the lowest paid nursing jobs in the city, and the benefits are poor. Nepotism runs wild; so you are more likely to get hired, if you know someone or are related to someone. Management is extremely poor and ignores what employees say. Training is almost non-existent. They will throw you wherever and expect you to start working with no training. Also, they will tell you that you are working on one unit when they hire you, but then you find yourself as a full-time employee in another unit. Lunches are not free for nurses. If a cafeteria worker likes you, then you get a lot of food on your plate. If they don't like you, then you get very little.
Consistant with work ethics
Case Aide (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2012
Good work place. Worked with you on scheduling work times and hours given to you.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Shirley, NYJuly 8, 2012
Pros: clients
Cons: managers, coworkers
I was at Maryhaven for only a short time, my managers were not helpful at all and didn't have a good relationship with their staff. I didn't learn much from them because they didn't go out of their way to train staff and help out with anything. The clients were the best part of this job but management and coworkers were not helpful.
A good place to start a nursing career
LPN (Current Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2011
Maryhaven, in my opinion, is a good place to start your career in nursing. You are able to develop your nursing skills in a safe, low stress envurinment.