Maryhurst Employee Reviews in United States

Stay away
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 21, 2015
No one in this place shows any loyalty. Your co workers will act friendly until you do something they don't like. You're encouraged to be professionally courageous and push you're coworkers forward but once you do, you are berated and reprimanded. The upper management is out of touch too. They expect you to come in to work and show a happy face and be happy with the little pay and treatment you get from your coworkers, and the kids. I would not recommend this agency to anyone.
Hardest Part of Job
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 12, 2015
Dealing with the emotional and mental stress. The clients are amazing, you have to be a strong willed person to be able to cope daily with the traumatic backgrounds of the young ladies Maryhurst services.
Pros
Support from management, Professional growth offered
Cons
Hours, Stress, Pay
N/a
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 10, 2015
Maryhurst is overall a nice place to work for a short period of time. Staff and most of upper management is very supportive.
has support system for workers
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 26, 2015
supervise kids and staff
I've learned that my willingness to help is based on how well I work with others.
Management struggles with leading by example.
My coworkers struggle w/ finding a balance work and being off work.
Time management
teaching kids is the most enjoyable.
Workplace
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 6, 2015
It can be rather enjoyable working with the youth at this residential facility but the management needs more attention and training and less individuals allowing "friends" more into positions when others are more highly qualified. They push their employees out if they no longer want them at their facility. First mistake you are out the door. I have worked for this company twice and it opened my eyes up to not only the people in which work there but how they actually continue the cycle of their youth returning. They do provide treatment for youth but they are not dedicated as they say they are. Limited individuals are. Basically it is all about the money coming in.
Pros
working with youth
Cons
benefits are high
Productive and rewarding workplace
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 8, 2015
It was a good job that taught me patience, accountability, and how to work in a fast paced work environment. I enjoyed my time working with the company.
productive and educational place to work
Therapeutic Behavioral Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville,KyAugust 19, 2015
Very good place to be educated on youth and providing a safe and secure environment. Making sure that their employee's are trained properly, open door policy. Good place to work!
Pros
supportive, educational, dedicated
Cons
health care, breaks
Residential Facilitiy for at Risk Youth
Temp Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 9, 2012
I really have passion for my job duties and responsibilities. I enjoy working with adolescents, and teaching them day-to-day skills. The hardest part of my job is leaving the kids after a long work day. Most of the kids that I work for are depending firmly on staff to supply their basic needs, due to a lack of this in their personal lifes. Building trust relationships with these kids, by constantly being consistant in a structured environment can be a struggle. But the joy comes when I have seen small progress, from any kid. due to the healthy relationships that I build.
Pros
free outings with kids, eat free with kids
Cons
no benefits for temp employees
Rewarding
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 25, 2013
My journey at Maryhurst has shown me the aftermath of abuse. All of the girls have suffered serious trauma leading them to be physically aggressive and self injurious. I've grown to be more patient, empathic and self aware working with the girls. They observe everything we say and do and my goal is to say and do all I can to make their lives better. I can honestly say this is the best position I've ever held and I am blessed to be able to impact their lives in a positive way.
Pros
benefits, team work, overtime
Cons
daily risk of possible injury, dangerous situations managing a childs behavior
This is the place where you can see your work paying off when a child in state's custody gets to go back to their family or foster care.
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2012
Working at Maryhurst was by far the most challenging and stressful job I have ever had. I learned about some of the most depressing cases of abuse and neglect which explained why so many of these girls were runaways. Once I was able to gain their trust, these girls went from aggressive and angry to children that resorted to remedial behavior because that was all they knew. We worked together putting in place development plans where we could track their behaviors and work on new coping skills. I learned verbal de-escalation skills that are very useful in sales today. These girls became angry just like accounts can! Although this job involved physical restraints and dangerous situations, the rewards were well worth it.
Pros
success stories.
Cons
the girls that didn't make it
Rewarding place to work!
Recreation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 12, 2012
I found Maryhurst to be one of the most rewarding places to work! Making a difference in the lives of abused and neglected children. The co-workers made the difference by always going above and beyond to provide a safe and therapeutic environment for our clients. I loved working there!
Pros
making a difference
Cons
breaks were few and far between, physically demanding
Work with Adjudicated adolescents males
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2012
Maryhurst has traditionally worked with adolescent girls but I was fortunate enough to be a part of thier first venture to work with boys. The program goals were admirable and staff worked hard to make sure the youth were safe and secure.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor supervision and grant funded
Productive and a fun work place
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  louisville kyAugust 3, 2013
Maryhurst is a great job to have, especially if you have a warm hart and is full of zeal, mercy ,self worth and reconsiliation
Pros
changing a life
Cons
health insurance cost too much and hours can be inconvient
Productive and fun work enivronment
Treatment Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 9, 2013
I enjoy working with kids and being a part of their success. The hardest part of the job balancing job work and life.
Pros
watching the client's progess.
Cons
focusing so much on the job that you get burn out.
Working with abused clients
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2014
The hardest job I've ever worked, mentally and physically.
You must restrain young girls 24/7.
Very explosive work environment.
It is a very intense but rewarding job.
Youth Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 10, 2012
Monitoring female teens, interacting and building relationships, teaching them about responsibility and need be restraining them in case of a fight.
Challenging and fulfilling work
Senior Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KyNovember 19, 2012
Work with female teens, very fulfilling work
part of a great team
Learning Experience Everyday
Food Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 21, 2013
At Maryhurst, I have the chance to learn new things everyday.

Maryhurst Reviews by Location