Maryland General Hospital Employee Reviews

this is the place where i knew what my career should be
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 8, 2017
I love, love, love, this job. It helped with my growth as a professional. I loved the people I worked with and I loved the way they helped me groom myself
Great Place to Work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2017
If you have a servant heart; it is the place serve. I learned a great from the start of the day to the end of the day. Every contact was noteworthy. I started my professional experience as an accountant and found myself at the top of the chain as a patient focused individual.
Pros
Excellent exeperience
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to satisfy all concerned
Caring hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 12, 2017
Teaching hospital with generally caring nurses who work here for a very long time. The fact that is a teaching facility is great in that it teaches you many things along the way in your nursing career
loved it
Assist Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2017
I loved being there loved my coworkers and Supervisors. the only reason I left was relocation.It was a place i wish I could have retired from.Great place to work.
Pros
caferteria good was great, pay was not bad
Transporter (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 21, 2016
Nice environment very clean . Kind Co workers great meal plans pay is good and you are satisfied to be an employee there. People speak really fast and the work is Dee enjoyable
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I enjoyed working with happy Moms and babies
O.R. Scrub Nurse in OB GYN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 28, 2015
Working in the OR and assisting with abortions, I found I could not be a part of. I really enjoy helping to deliver babies and see the excitement on the parents face. That made it all worth wild.
Pros
Babies
Cons
To many abortions
experience
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2015
I received a lot of useful information to help me on my educational journey. While going to school, I was able to learn how to apply medical diagnosis an office codes to a medical record electronically.
Typical Day
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore , mdAugust 31, 2015
Effectively screened, verified, and reported patient information. Completed the Patient Inquiry Sheet obtaining and verifying all information required, completed the form with the Intake Coordinator’s signature, date and time of call. Verified the type of payer coverage the caller has prior to admission and complete pre-certification if required Instruct the potential patient to come into the hospital for a screening to determine appropriateness for admission. Effectively obtained and managed all information related to patient’s payment source to facilitate admission, continued stay and discharge Received and coordinated all referrals to include notification of insurance providers for prior authorization and services covered. Assured that all patient’s frequencies are according to the Plan of Treatment and/or appropriate to the patient’s needs, coordinated scheduling and staffing
It has been one of the best places to work for the past couple of years.
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandJuly 31, 2015
Very good people and ability to handle and interrelate with other employees and management. Most of the management are able to listen and solve employees concerns and on a timely basis.
Pros
Constant learning and able to advance
Cons
sometimes poor decisions from management
Fun place office of United Nations.
Registrar & Assistant Manager, Pediatric Team (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 8, 2015
The doctor's office was considered office of United Nations because there were 6 physicians and they were all from a different countries, that made the enviroment fun.
Pros
Free lunches, free samples
Cons
Short brakes and healthcare.
ob/ gyn office
Phlebotomist & Lab Technician II (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 31, 2015
This was an environment that didn't have much culture in it. The patient base was low income and medical assistance, majority of the young ladies were middle school or high school drop outs. Most of them had trouble understanding simple things and needed a lot of guidance. I think the highlight of my days spent there was when I was able to guide one of the girls onto the right track, seeing them become passionate about what they are focused on the make their life better.
Pros
helping my patients
Cons
management
This was a very fast paced job.. only worked on weekends it was partime
Emergency Registrar (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2015
I like my partime job at maryland it was very rewarding. It was a everyother weekend. It came a time that my weekends were no longer available so i had to resign.
good
Safety & Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
they cared about their employees. upper management was cool and the schedule and pay was good. I only left because they wouldnt give me the schedule i wanted, so i could be home with my child at night.
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  baltimore,mdNovember 6, 2014
a typical day for me consisted of measuring vital signs, filing patient charts and answering phones
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the energy in the office was negative
Small Community Hospital
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 28, 2014
Maryland General Hospital is a small community hospital that has joined the entire system and expanded it's resources.
Great teaching hospital
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 22, 2014
Came to MGH as a new nurse graduate,great place to work as a new nurse,Mentors and all the other nurses were very caring and protective of their new nurses.Staff was very helpful,always took the time to answer questions and assist as needed,Charge nurse always checked on you to see if any help was needed when you were no longer being mentored.The hardest part of the job as a new nurse was having more than one patient and setting up priority.The most enjoyable part of the job is when,one day you realize you are finished on time,and didn't have to stay beyond your shift.
Pros
Always keep an open mind and you can go far
Cons
Don't ever guess at anything, and don't ever asume, Don't be afraid to ask questions
productive and nice work place
Externship (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 27, 2014
a typical day at work was very busy which i like, the patient flow was steady and i enjoyed working with the patient to do as much as possible to make them feel better.management was very appreciative of each employee, co workers worked as a team and the most hardest part of the jobs was picking up heavy items, and the most enjoyable part of the job was having the patients smile and interact with you , also the luncheon were very good.
Pros
perks, incentatives
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyed working with patients
Patient Insurance Representative / Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2014
It was a busy clinic where I worked. I enjoyed helping the patients and registering them. My coworkers and I worked very well with each other. We were a team. If someone slacked, then it was no issue of someone saying something to them. I enjoyed making my patients laugh or smile when they were upset about something. Sometimes it could be challenging dealing with a person who was upset for what ever reason, but you learned to try to make it as easy as possible for them. I always loved working with the public and the patients always enjoyed coming to me. You had to focus on time because it could get very busy and you wanted to make sure that the patients were ready for the doctor to keep the schedule.
Pros
Even if one year we didn't get a raise, the next year would make up for it.
Cons
Working short with a heavy schedule
Constructive work Envoirnment
Phlebotomist/Processor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2014
My Experience at MGH was Average regarding qualitative communications. My relationship with my Manager and Co-workers was a good experience. I followed and practice work standards and performance. Always Completing Competencies, test, and task. The hardest part of the job is balance. Nothing sparked more Commentary than asking, how to get to the top of my field of work and be the very Best, Challenge is the best part of the job...
Pros
Employee recognition
Cons
A lot of dissention
management is TERRIBLE
Reimbursement Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2013
a typical day is overwhelming. The co-worker are ok. The hardest part about the job was management not know how to do it either.