Maryland Institute College of Art Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Very nice workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at MICA because I enjoyed the students and coworkers that I had come in contact with.
My job at the college was a data entry operator in the HR Department.
Pros
Love the artsy part of the job
Cons
only a half hour lunch break.
Graduate Assistantship
Graduate Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 28, 2015
I worked this job as a graduate program assistant part time during my graduate degree at MICA. The work was fine and our program director and staff were great to work with. The only gripe would be the minimal pay.
Pros
Great people and experience
Cons
pay
Nice place to work. Everyone is very friendly.
RECORDS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMarch 19, 2015
Working with the college students was very rewarding. They were from all over the world & shared some of their cultures with us. The staff was very friendly & helpful.
Pros
positive work environment.
Maryland Institute College of Arts
Summer Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 5, 2014
A typical day at work consist of hard work. Work had its busy days and slow days. I learned how to properly clean a bathroom. I was taught how to use different machines and technology to clean the area which I was assigned to do so. The management was like a usual manager. Show up late you have to explain why you are late. The manager was uplifting and filled with joy. I remember her saying: "I only expect nothing but the best from you all why you're here."
There were a few other summer employees there also but we were separated so we really didn't get to know each other much. We were assigned a year-round Mica employee. My assigned employee was interesting we shared a lot of stories about our past with each other. Everyday we saw each other we had a different story to tell. No matter how much we talked we got our work done.
The hardest part of the job was, the college had different days were they had tours at the school. Regardless of how many people they had there I still had to do my job. I had to maneuver around people t vacuum, sweep, wipe windows, etc. The most enjoyable part of the job was I learned a lot and I gain some top experience.
Great Experience
Live Electronic Music & Media Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 26, 2014
Friendly coworkers, easy going environment! Surrounded with artists and fun!
Great Place for Full Time Students
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 8, 2013
I loved working in the Decker Library of Maryland Institute College of Art where I met and helped many great young artists and art students.
Pros
lunch breaks and generous co-supervisors
Excellent work environment.
Manager, Java Corner Coffee Shop (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 16, 2013
My alma mater for graduate school, actually. All sorts of opportunities to take classes to learn a variety of art-making skills. Able to advance from night to day manager.

A typical day involved making coffee drinks, providing sandwiches and pastries to the college community.
Offered teaching experience to a student
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 31, 2012
I loved helping students learn how to utilize programs in order to better their online presences and explore technology in general. I taught usage of Adobe Suite software, video editing in Final Cut Pro, website design in Dreamweaver, image manipulation in Photoshop, etc.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 20, 2012
This is a phenomenal place to work! Great benefits and compensation. The President is really down to earth and approachable. A lot of great employee's.

Want to know more about Maryland Institute College of Art?

Ask a question