Maryland Live! Casino Employee Reviews

Nice place to work an a great learning experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 19, 2018
You will experience a different world when you work at a casino.i really enjoyed working there seeing an meeting new people. Maryland live are good to there employees an really appreciate the hard work we do.
fast face
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Arundel, MEFebruary 12, 2018
professional, friendly, knowledgeable, quick to respond on any situation costumer satisfaction positive attitude, fast face great relationship with coworkers
Interesting place
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 2, 2018
I've worked at MD Live for almost five years. In that time I've seen thousands of people come and go (yes employees). Upper level management is so displaced that they have no idea how people are treated, maybe they do and do not care at all. All lower level employees are considered quite replaceable in their opinions. If you don't play politics don't expect to move up...
Pros
Benefits, free meals on holidays
Cons
Shift work, heavy favoritism
IssaNo forme
Security Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 25, 2018
No absolutely posititvely do not work here unless you are a dealer or slot attendant anybody else is not getting fair pay. I do not recommend to anyone .
Action packed
Casino Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 16, 2018
I had never worked in a casino, nor will I ever again. The gambling culture is not for me. Maryland LIVE! would be a great start for those in suburban Maryland to get a headstart in the casino industry.
good place
Evs attendant/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 10, 2018
it was a good job for experience especially if you're beginner they will give you a chance to grow if you work hard or they notice you working hard ..
it was the first casino i worked at
Secuiry Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 10, 2018
it was definitely a experience for me working in a casino cause I normally work in bars, nightclubs, and strip clubs. But it was new for me and it was ok
Ok
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 1, 2018
Fast paced,need detailed...nasty customers and ran out of cleaning supplies sometimes. Schedule for the day was all over the place and treated house keepers as they were lower than others
A good place to work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MD 21076December 16, 2017
For people whom do not require a great income this is a good place to work I was full time for one year got on raise and part time for two years NEVER got a raise, Tips are poor for a casino.
Pros
Nice environment to work.
Cons
To many managers an one time some shifts 5 mgrs
Main Banker (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working at the casino. They have great benefits great pay great people. My only problem was getting to & from work without a car with the hours I worked. But they worker harder on providing transportation for people who need it.
Fun workplace
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Arundel millsNovember 24, 2017
Room for internal growth. A friendly environment with a lot of benefits. The company has a lot of employee programs that help out with a lot family issue's
Great work place
Dealer Table Games (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 24, 2017
Maryland Live Casino is a casino where many of its managers have professional ethics. They value the good employee and take care of them. They have benefits like the medical plan, perfect attendance bonuses, growth opportunity. They carry out motivational activities where the employee participates and can earn money or products such as television, food in some of their restaurants and many more things.
new exciting
Lead Facility/Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 16, 2017
Very fun place to work at 1200 people per shift a lot of time members everyday something new was happening in your department.always moving around the entire building
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
A bit on the clique' side. Friendly, but there was definitely a "favorite" mentality
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time there, but was also a bit of a relief to move on.
Not the cleanest casino.
I dont like the point system.
Management was hard to locate when needed. Any complaints were deligated from one person down the line til it was swept under the carpet.
Face pace busy work environment
Cage Service Rep/Banker/Lead Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 22, 2017
My overall review of Maryland live would be very fast paced environment busy . I worked in the cage unfortunately the cage was very unorganized we were always short staff due to the high turnover rate the supervisors are inexperienced and lack professionalism
Pros
Great overtime
Cons
Not organized high turnover rate
Great Experience
Buffet Server/Banquet Server/Prime Rib Server (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 14, 2017
A typical day really depends on with what i was assigned to do for that day. I learned how to work with people and be around guest with different cultures and backgrounds. The management were courteous and respected my ideas and concerns.
The absurdity is fun, for a time
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 28, 2017
Worked as a marketing rep at MD Live for over a year. It was the first job that got me interested in my path of production and live music. However I was unable to advance myself in that field while working there. I also do not believe that I was fairly compensated for the extra work that I was asked to do in my role, such as become the house emcee. The guests were typically fun to interact with, but as my tenure moved on I began to see the effects of gambling addiction up close and the impact it has on people's lives. At that moment I started to lose faith in the job and question what I was doing.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Need a stone cold heart to do it long term
I loved working there
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 27, 2017
I loved working for them and outside of the schedule I have never worked for a job where I loved every single co worker and every single manager and supervisor I ever had.. The care about you and are genuinely concerned with your well being and your success. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
the staff, the lively environment, the management team
Cons
schedule, working every holiday
Managment Sucks!
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 6, 2017
As previous reviews have said this can be a fun place to work depending on your position and how well liked you are. Management shows favoritism and inexperienced. Horrible hours. Very rarely have a weekend off. They think your life should revolve around the job. HUGE turnover. NO sick leave. Only work here if looking for an in between job. HR is a joke and waste of breath complaining to them. The men around here objectify women tremendously. I can not wait to get another job!

Pros: Employee dining room can get a okay meal for $4 or less
Health benefits
Union for some positions
Some departments make decent pay
Plain and simple, don't work here.
Security (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 5, 2017
Terrible hours.
Poor management.
Rules constantly change.
The patrons that spend a lot of money in the casino could get away with murder and Live! turns a blind eye. (the employee is always wrong no matter what)
Bad pay.
Everyone here hates working here which makes you hate working here.
High employee turnover rate.
1 weekend off a month.
The only reason Job Security is 3 stars is because they cant keep people around. If you want to stay, they'll need you.

Save yourself the stress and just don't work here.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
see below

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryland Live! Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Maryland Live! Casino Reviews by Location