Maryland Live! Casino Employee Reviews

New Hotel (Live! Lofts)
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 18, 2017
Previous ownership was a Hilton Property, vast difference once casino owned. Management new to the area and released 90% of Hilton employees, and hired 90% casino experienced employees. Growing company competing with surrounding casinos. Company not in a position to compete with salaries with completion. Hotel employees are not receiving a monthly incentive for doing good work. Company uses a point system for attendance even if you are sick or not, not employee focused.
Pros
Hotel Front Desk Managers works with personal planned scheduledtime off
Cons
Hotel employees are not connected with casion employees.
Fun work enviornment
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDApril 7, 2017
On your feet all day/night gets tiring, but energy of the place wakes you up. During the weekdays it's usually slow-paced, but during nights, weekends, and holidays very fun and energetic!
Good pay
Dealer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDApril 3, 2017
Some Co workwers, food and benefits are all good, but the working hours really affected my daily life.................................................
Horrible Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MarylandMarch 10, 2017
When I started everything was fine but after some bad apples got added to the call center everything went down hill. Went to HR over threats and harassing Behavior and was basically told it wasn't their problem and to deal with it on my personal time. Spoke to my supervisor and director about it and was constantly told they would have a talk with them and do something but they always put it off and never resolved anything. The only way Maryland Live casino will get involved with any issue any employee is having is if you threaten to sue. Only position I'd recommend applying for is table games dealer or poker dealer anything other departments than that they treat like trash. Females be warned, almost every guy will hit on you and harass you and even if you go to HR they won't do anything about it unless it gets physical.
Pros
Shift flexibility
Cons
Customer service position was moved off site to live Lofts, no longer have access to EDR, management and HR is a joke
Great Experience
Poker Dealer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 24, 2017
The casino provides excellent benefits to all employees. There is an on-site nurse practitioner to treat employees and dependents for free regardless of insurance. Food in the employee dining room is inexpensive and very good.
Pros
Treat employees well
Cons
Difficult to get full-time status in certain positions
great workplace
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Maryland is a great workplace, learned how to work in a fast-paced environment, worked with many wonderful people, most enjoyed being with customers and colleagues
Work at Maryland Live Casino
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDFebruary 13, 2017
A typical work day at Maryland Live was getting your assignments for the day then getting my supplies and going to my station. I worked in different areas of the casino from table games to slots, and restrooms. What I learned from working there is how to clean better and more efficiently. The most enjoyable part of working there was meeting new people and the friends that I made.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
expensive healthcare
Great Income
Live Party Starter (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 11, 2017
Great income as a live Party Starter Cocktail. Management has its good and bad, as with any other job. The company policies need to be changed especially the attendance policy.
Professional.
Steward (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 22, 2016
Most of the people i worked with did their job to the best of their ability from my point of view. I feel they handle me and my job seriouly. I felt like they paid attention. My superviser focused on my strengths. Encouraged me to be better in everything i do.
management needs work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 20, 2016
A typical day at work is like going to a funeral. Many clients lose their money and yell at you.

I learned how to deal craps and blackjack. Nothing i learned was beneficial to world.

Mostly management is terrible. Not many of the upper management know how to communicate properly to customers and employees. Many people have come from different casinos, and have been taught by a different person. This makes for a fun time of butting heads and figuring out who is correct. It is a very prideful environment.

The company has stolen money from its employees. This should be public information.

The company offers bonuses but they are mostly unreachable

The Hardest part of the job was being threatened by players (etc.."being put in body bags") and the company not doing anything about it.

There were not many enjoyable parts of the job. The only enjoyable part was seeing/dealing with the friends I made on the job.
Pros
the granola is usually not stale
Cons
this would take up too much of my free time which i value
Na
Main Bank Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDDecember 2, 2016
Very great place to work. If you like having funing and working at the same time this is for you. i loved it!! all ways room to grow in so many way
Misleading Workplace
Deep Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hanover MdNovember 14, 2016
It has some good jobs but the pay is not good at all unless your management/HR.You can get transfers after 6 mth.of employment.Healthcare is high.Unless your going for a high management job,I would not recommend you work here.Too much favoritism goes on and it don't matter how much you do you won't be recognized unless your one of their favorites.
Pros
Paid Pto after 90 days, employee parking, 3 shifts, health clinic
Cons
Healthcare, HR, Management, alot of favortism
Fun Workplace also Prouctive
Steward (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 12, 2016
I started at Live! as a Steward in Live! Buffet, and I loved it! The cooks were nice and fun to deal with. Management were on top of everything. Then I applied to become a cashier in Phillips Seafood Express, I really like the customers, the management can do a little more better. Some supervisors for overnight are always sleeping in the office. But other than that, they're always nice.
Stay away!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 7, 2016
Horrible on all levels. Looking for advancement? Forget about it! Very political, money isn't there. Try any other casino, trust me.
Pros
None.
Cons
No money, no advancement, management is horrible.
Fun work place
Brand Ambassador/ Party Starter (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 6, 2016
Get to work early change into work outfit, head to pre-shift, grab your bank, get section and head straight up to work. You learn how to be a team-player. The higher your seniority the better your section will be. Some management shows favoritism to some employees. The hardest part of the job is when they are short bartenders, you have to make drinks and serve them.
Pros
Discounted breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Cons
Short or no breaks, on feet for 8+ hours in heels
Productive through out the day
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Anne Arundel County, MDNovember 3, 2016
Great experience I learned a lot would recommend to a friend the customers were so fun it was a lot of personalities and they kept there guest entertained
Pros
Good lunch and benefits
Cons
productive and fast fun paced place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDOctober 5, 2016
Repetitive Clean Safe Fast Friendly Fun. I learned that when you hear what someone has to say empathize with them apologize resolve the issue and thank them ,everything will be fine.Greet the guest with a smile and listen to the problem .
Pros
Free Clinic
Cons
Not Enough Money .Too Far Away
Fun and Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 23, 2016
If you are a social butterfly then this is the jobs for you. You meet different people from different backgrounds. Fast pace fun environment.
You meet alot of nice people,good benefits
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 13, 2016
I worked there full time. Alot of the co-workers in my department,were very nice,but a day didn't go by without drama.We lost 2 managers,so I thought the new ones,had a lot to learn.I went 3 years with a set schedule,then it turned to bidding.I was very content I with my job,then it changed.I was no longer happy I hated having to tests about asians,I felt it was discrimation.Like others didn't matter.I enjoyed going to six flags,free turkeys,and when someone noticed you did something good.The higher ups were unfriendly,and acted like we better than you.In my department,the managers care,and show appreciation,like the other departments.I think that they enjoy writting people up..
Pros
FREE TURKEYS, FREE TRIPS, FUN MEETING
Cons
MANAGERMENT WAS NOT VERY SOCIABLE, OR CARING
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 7, 2016
If you want to work for a place that treat you like a number, does not compensate you like the other casinos due, and will fire you at the drop of a hat then this is the place for you. Management is horrible they're only out for their bonus and will use you in anyway possible to get to that point.
Pros
Health clinic
Cons
Low pay, horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryland Live! Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7