MARYLAND MASONIC HOMES Employee Reviews

They are in transition
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMarch 14, 2017
It is very difficult to work here because management is in transition. Always someone new and determined to change the way things are done. Administrator does scream at you.
Administration is Awful
Staff (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 28, 2017
Upper level administration leads through intimidation. Never know if you're going to have a job when you come in. The team itself is great and really does a good job. If you're front line staff it's a good place to work.
Cons
intimidation, never get a break from work
Best CoWorkers
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  AdministrationJanuary 27, 2017
MMH has new management in the building that are excited, dedicated, and willing to put in the effort to change the workplace culture. It's an exciting place to be. If you love caring for residents and doing your best to put a smile on people's faces this is the place to be!
Pros
Great coworkers, people that really care.
productive workplace
Housekeeping Attendant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 8, 2016
organized day with set jobs and tasks to be done , learned new chemicals, hardest part is adjusting to different work areas, most enjoyable part is the residents
Very clean facility and a great place to work
GNA (Current Employee) –  MMHJune 3, 2016
AS an employee, I know first hand how the residents are taken care off. They have dedicated staff and mangers that truly care about the welfare of the residents. We have had some needed changes in nursing management but it is for the better. I enjoy going to work taking care of the residents
Pros
cafe, picnics, overtime, co-workers
Cons
negative attitudes
If you are new you will be treated in such a disgusting manner
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMay 30, 2016
All the gnas sit in your face and talk right about you or they turn their nose up to you like you are disgusting,t and don't even go to management for anything they have their favorites and will always side with the sonority of the clan but hey mostly every nursing home is that way I just knew this one would be a change but it is no where near a better nursing home its all for a dollar nothing more than that
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
Nobody cares if it's not about money
Went from great to sad within 1yr
GNA/CNA (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDFebruary 3, 2016
Nursing department is horrible, management is poor I've seen this place go down within 3yrs. This administration department is all about a dollar not about the residents.
Feels like middle school
GNA (Current Employee) –  Cokeysville, MDJanuary 26, 2016
I went to Maryland Masonic Homes because I heard such great things about the facility. I guess I went to work here at the wrong time. The DON has a real attitude problem. She often over talks you and forms her opinion about a situation without looking at all angles. The GNA's expect you to inform them about all aspects of your personal life and report to them when you have a medical issue. When you don't then the "mean girls" come out to the playground. They stand around and talk about you (in your face), make remarks about your work and work ethic, laugh and snicker at you and ostracize you because you don't feel a need to become part of the clique. No need to go to the DON, HUMAN RESOURCES or any other member of upper management because you will be told to "have thick skin" and just deal with it. I have worked in some pretty bad places but in those places I worked with adults who knew that we're not friends we are coworkers. We understood that we didn't have to "like" each other to work together. I regret even coming to this place to work. It feels like middle school here. Even the PRN and partime staff hate it here. If you're looking then look somewhere else. I know I am.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Awful management, even worse staff
Family oriented work environment
Director of Environmental Services/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Cockeyesville, MarylandFebruary 23, 2015
Review schedules, assign duties, check floors to make sure linen is available, check for any deficiencies for correction. I have learned how difficult it is for a resident to adapt to long term care. I have a great crew of employees. And I am always treated fairly from co-workers outside of my department. Seeing a resident expire after establishing a relationship with them. Making sure that I am providing the best care that I can manage for the facility and the resident
Pros
Getting paid by the job and not by the hour.
Cons
Healthcare difficulties
See Resume
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville MdJune 4, 2014
this was one of the jobs I loved but work was slow and got laid off. this job taught me so much.
Pros
Resume
Cons
Resume
Maryland Masonic Home
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 31, 2014
cleaning rooms and bathroom of the residents
cleaning other parts of the building
Wouldn't reccomend the house keeping department
House keeper (Former Employee) –  MdMay 15, 2014
Managers horrible! The laundry crew tells if u go to the bath room when u training lol nobody is ur friend all the older ppl get special treatment! Pay was horrible! Un professional
Pros
Cons
Short breaks everybody watches Evs and tells on them
Productive enviroment with good staffing
Unit Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDSeptember 23, 2013
A pleasure to work here. Great management and security officers. Compensation was great and the coworkers made you feel at home. Plenty of in-services offered for continued education.
Pros
In-services
Cons
working evenings
Way too much...
Geriatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hunt valley, MarylandAugust 13, 2013
I really didnt like the job but I loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Loved my coworkers, unlimited overtime usually
Cons
Residents were very racist, management didnt stand behind their staff
Great place to work!!!
Weekend Supervisor Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMay 16, 2013
I am the out going Weekend Supervisor for Housekeeping.
MMH is a great place to work as well to live if your are a resident. The place is well kept, and maintained. MMH has a Customer Service core value goals that are excellent, and each and every employee does whatever it takes to meet their goals. I enjoyed every minute I had at MMH. Housekeeping Manager was excellent to work for. To have a opportunity to work at MMH means you have something special about you, MMH will not just hiring any old body to fill a position. It has been great MMH family. Will truly miss you all!
Pros
Great people!!!!!!!
Cons
There are none.
The worst experience ever
Housekeeping  (Former Employee) –  Baltimore , md May 14, 2013
It was the worst experience for me at Maryland Masonic homes like its a great place to work but except the housekeeping department it's the worst department ever especially the department director and Supervior they were the worst managers I ever had in my life they were to ingorent and to selfish all they cared about was there laundry crew that's all , and at the housekeeping meeting oh god THE WORST MEETINGS EVER never knew u can be threading by your managers that way and everyday come to work thinking If you going to get fired just because they have mood swings , I won't Recommend this job to know one for HOUSEKEEPING!!
Pros
The lunch was great but always the same menu
Cons
Brakes were ok but u had to finish them just 5 minutes before so you won't have to be writen up
Example of duties at Maryland Masonic Homes
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJanuary 4, 2013
I worked with geriatric patients, in an exclusive healthcare setting. It was a retirement home that provided care according, to each patient's individual needs. Some patients were actually married, and living in their private quarters with their own furniture. Nursing facility was upscale, and yet there was still a great variety of services rendered per patient. I worked with patients that were both ambulatory and bedridden providing all activities of daily living; in fact, we utilized all updated equipment for transportation and rehabilitation.
Pros
excellent experience and about 20 percent of the population lived above their nineties.
Cons
i had to move back to ny
Very Nice place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 13, 2012
MMH does try to make things easier for me. Employee oriented and easy going. Co-workers are extremely nice and knowledgable.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
residents
Worked alot with the rsisdents
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville MDApril 2, 2012
I would prep food for lunch and dinner, and participate on the trayline. After I would delivery food, assist with sitting in to assure residents safty, when the residents were done eating i would collect all trays wash, and prep tables for breakfast which was ran by another shift
Pros
free breakfast and lunch, managment always lend a helping hand.
Cons
no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARYLAND MASONIC HOMES. Our community is ready to answer.

MARYLAND MASONIC HOMES Reviews by Location