Maryland Science Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
Ticket Agent/Reservationist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
A typical work day would be filling out and taking information over the phone non-stop. I learned great customer service skills while I have been here and the management is wonderful. My co-workers are very delightful and easy to work with. I can depend on the with help if needed. The hardest part of the job would be remaining to stay patient. A lot of over the phone customers don't listen and repeating sentences over can be annoying. The most enjoyable part is knowing a customer is satisfied and happy and that you did your job.
A very clean work environment and constantly busy.
IMAX Usher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2014
A typical work day was to clock myself into work then get to work which consisted of either being the ticket taker or ushering visitors into Imax theartre and afterwards, clean,sweep, even sometimes scrape gum from underneath a chair. Also, I did security, mainly watching the stroller area for those families with infants or toddlers and did rotation, where I and others had to stand all day in various areas of the building untill it was our co worker turn. Plus I had to ensure I clocked myself out of work. I learned to be on time and always be ready for any task at hand. The hardst was making sure each movie had the certain right amount of tickets before and after showing and most enjoyable was performing the job, talking with co workers and interacting with visitors.
Pros
Location;Harbor
Fun and Cultural
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Loved meeting all the guests and experiencing the interactive exhibits
Science center
Kids room staff member (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2014
low pay, boring after a while. Pay was very low. great job for high school students only.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
pay, people, and opportunities
nice and a relax work environment and very up beat.
IMAX Usher (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2013
I loved interacting and greeting various guests and ushering them into IMAX theatre. Once inside the theatre, I would sit and watch guests entering and exiting the theatre also while watching the screen too then after each guest left, clean up and redo it all over again. Outside the theatre, there was a stroller area which I and other co-workers had secured and collected plus counted tickets we sold. From management, I learned to be on time and work well and hard to get things accomplished at the end of the work day. My co-workers, some were good and friendly while others had their issues and that I didn't bother. The hardest part was not having nothing to do; example, cleaning or a spot to help out also when we did rotations, you had to be on cue and ready to move around a lot. But the most enjoyable part for me was meeting people, my supervisor, some co-workers and the customers plus I loved the fact I was always able to stay busy, relax and on my feet at all times.
Pros
Lucnh discounts, flexable schedule and team work and extra work opportunites.
Cons
Locker room
great place
Supervisor of Imax department (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2013
Great play for college student to work but they just don't offer enough money
Maryland Science Center
Maintenance worker/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2013
I like my job their,nice place to be i enjoy been around people special seem the come for diffrent kinds of schools, entertainment that they have,it is nice company to work,but no benefit at all.
Pros
no you didn't free lunch, bring your own lunch.
Cons
1/2 hour lunch break and 15 mins
Productive workplace fun workplace with a Imax theater
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2012
A typical day at work would be in a fun environment with fun co-workers. Everyone would work together to get the day objectives done. Management was very successful with leadership. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go back to school, I enjoyed working there.
loved working here
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2012
left because i thought the school system was what i was looking for but over the years it is not.
Pros
none from my position
Cons
great working environment, got to learn a lot about science. enjoyable, fun, interactive.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2012
I love working here. Its like a second home, everyones inviting and management is fair.
Pros
free food alot. nice folks
Cons
hard to get into