Maryland Science Center

Maryland Science Center Employer Reviews

nice and a relax work environment and very up beat.
IMAX Usher (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 30, 2013
Pros: lucnh discounts, flexable schedule and team work and extra work opportunites.
Cons: locker room
I loved interacting and greeting various guests and ushering them into IMAX theatre. Once inside the theatre, I would sit and watch guests entering and exiting the theatre also while watching the screen too then after each guest left, clean up and redo it all over again. Outside the theatre, there was a stroller area which I and other co-workers had – more... secured and collected plus counted tickets we sold. From management, I learned to be on time and work well and hard to get things accomplished at the end of the work day. My co-workers, some were good and friendly while others had their issues and that I didn't bother. The hardest part was not having nothing to do; example, cleaning or a spot to help out also when we did rotations, you had to be on cue and ready to move around a lot. But the most enjoyable part for me was meeting people, my supervisor, some co-workers and the customers plus I loved the fact I was always able to stay busy, relax and on my feet at all times. – less
great place
Supervisor of Imax department (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 12, 2013
Great play for college student to work but they just don't offer enough money
Maryland Science Center
Maintenance worker/Housekeeping (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2013
Pros: no you didn't free lunch, bring your own lunch.
Cons: 1/2 hour lunch break and 15 mins
I like my job their,nice place to be i enjoy been around people special seem the come for diffrent kinds of schools, entertainment that they have,it is nice company to work,but no benefit at all.
Productive workplace fun workplace with a Imax theater
Volunteer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 6, 2012
A typical day at work would be in a fun environment with fun co-workers. Everyone would work together to get the day objectives done. Management was very successful with leadership. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go back to school, I enjoyed working there.
loved working here
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 1, 2012
Pros: none from my position
Cons: great working environment, got to learn a lot about science. enjoyable, fun, interactive.
left because i thought the school system was what i was looking for but over the years it is not.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: free food alot. nice folks
Cons: hard to get into
I love working here. Its like a second home, everyones inviting and management is fair.