Marymount College Employee Reviews in United States

A private 2 year community college with an excellent academic program
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  CANovember 4, 2015
I worked part time as the assistant of the Extended Summer program. My supervisor was comfortable in allowing me to assist in non clerical duties which included assisting him in developing the summer school catalog.

I was very instrumental in assisting him coordinate the annual Back To School Fair fundraiser.

The most difficult part of my job was not knowing a third language. Most of the students attending this college were from various countries, with a large population of Japanese students.

Our office was secluded from the main office which made it difficult to mingle with other staff members.
Pros
Relalxed atmosphere
Cons
Away from the main campus
Fun workplace
Laboratory Intern (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CADecember 21, 2014
The business office was all about business. Printing invoices, updating the students financial records, handing out checks, etc. I learned that running a school is an expensive thing to do during my work here. My co-workers were amazing and I miss them all. There were no really hard parts in this job for me. The most enjoyable part of the job was feeling responsible.
Pros
class, before and after, was in the building next door.
Cons
none.
Productive and active workplace environment.
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CADecember 9, 2014
A typical day at work required setting up experiment materials to be given to students according to the instructions "by your instructor." It also involved guiding new biology student through the actual lab if they for some reason felt lost. I learned many concepts all over again about general biology that I learned during my course semesters. I also learned that it is not an easy task trying to explain something that you know to someone who is doing it for the first time. My co-workers were great and valuable to me. The hardest part of the job if it ever occurred was letting the boss down. The most enjoyable part of the job was the connection being established with my professor, the students and my co-workers.
Pros
free filed trips and getting to be around the lab setting.
Cons
too much information to memorize at times.
Great place to work, respect, loyality, compassionate and well rounded individuals.
Administrative Assistant to Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 20, 2012
Working at Marymount College was an experience like no other. The people there were all respectable, considerate, compassionate, sincere and everyone worked together to help one another. Communication among superiors', staff and students was unbeatable, everyone knew exactly what to do and how to settle any situation that arose. It is a great place to work and I would go back if I were called to do so.
Pros
parking available for everyone, transportation for those who did not drive, breakfast, lunch and dinner are a reasonable rate, campus is convenient to walk to and fro.
Cons
cannot think of anything to the contrary.
Conference Service Manager Hiring Process
Conference Services (Former Employee) –  Palos VerdesMarch 14, 2013
The hiring process is scattered and chaotic. Job description changes from interview and applicants. Not sure what they want or where they want to go so applicants are tousled about without care or professionalism. They are reopening the hiring process for this positionj after two months of interviewing capable qualified applicants. And they never call back with status.
Pros
beautiful campus
Cons
low pay scales, confusing hiring process, disregard of applicants after long interview process
Productive, fun and uplifting in spirit
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAApril 23, 2013
Check in and out books into the library at the circulation desk, help students, process new books and magazines and do Inventory of the library.
I learned how to take inventory of the library, how to process new books and magazines, and how the circulation desk works.
Management was well organized.
Co-workers are very nice and respectful and cooperative.
Hardest part of the job was doing inventory.
Most enjoyable part was helping students locate books in the library.
Library Assistant
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  CAMay 8, 2013
I worked with customer service, generally I assisted with various projects, greeted and assisted customers, answered phones and responded to customers inquiries via email and phone, inventoried the library’s old and new books and magazines and provided administrative support. The most enjoyable part interacting with different kinds of people.
Pros
free book extension rentals
Cons
short breaks
Just a high school internship
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJuly 13, 2012
While working at Servite High School, I was also a student. They gave me a position as an intern and from there I learned a variety of different things. If your child is a high school male student, I recommend coming to Servite and being an intern.
Pros
experience
Cons
no pay
good security,good products and pretty girls
food servise worker,costumer servise (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2013
9 to 5 job sometimes over time.learn lots of good recipes,good healty food.energetic emviroment, friendly people and good teachers in the kitchen.
Pros
working with the best products
Cons
work only seasonal
No real concern for employees below Director title.
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos VerdesJanuary 18, 2013
Low Salary, no chance for advancement, moral is low, they spend money on expanding, no real grasp of future, poor management styles , The most enjoyable part of job were non management co-workers.
Pros
good retirement plan
Teaching Swimming and Tennis
Instructor and Coach for Tennis and Swimming (Former Employee) –  Rancho Palos Verdes, CAJanuary 30, 2013
I loved working at Marymount College.

There is nothing more to tell!

Pros
working with students, being outdoors, helping students learn how to swim and play tennis.
Cons
not enough classes available to teach.
Fun, great people
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  rancho palos verdesAugust 22, 2014
it was great driving for this college. usually did 4 runs back and forth from dormitory to campus. Being punctual was a must since students had to get to class on time.
Pros
great schedule, great students
Cons
no full time
fun work arround student
Grounds/main (Former Employee) –  Palos Verdes Ca.August 22, 2012
Fun admosfire,one typical day was check swiming pool,revice work order, pick up trash around dormitories,
Pros
free education for my self and family mebers
Cons
good retiremnt plan
Learned a lot about accounting
Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJune 27, 2013
Prepared billing reports, answered payroll inquiries and/or directed caller to appropriate staff member, filed time records

Marymount College Reviews by Location