Marymount University Employee Reviews

Loved this Job!
Front Desk Assistant and Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 29, 2016
Working in the Center for Teaching and Learning was a great job to have while balancing full time classes. My co-workers were fun to be around and my boss was easy to talk to.
Fun and enjoyable
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 1, 2016
Working at the library is really fun and enjoyable when I can assist other people to work with printer, photocopier, and help them with the lay out of papers.
Pros
easy-going and knowledgeable supervisor
Cons
Quiet work place
Great private University
Director (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 17, 2016
Great small private University located 5 miles outside of Washington, DC. Liberal Arts school, with strong Business school.
Close-knit, flexible, fun workplace with diverse personalities.
Work Position, Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 25, 2016
A Resident Assistant fuflills many jobs, like creating programs to engage the residence halls and upholding university policies. Creating programs was the hardest part of the job for me, due to the need for creative ideas and collaborations. It was incredible being a leader on campus, however; knowing that I had an impact on students experience and that I had the resources to help them during their time was priceless. Management changed often, but efforts were made to familiarize each new hire with the existing staff. I learned to depend more on people, because you can't always do things on your own.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Institutional pressures, huge time commitment.
Productive experience for students to have hands on project management and better customer service skills
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 27, 2016
Great job opportunity. Teaches office etiquette. Teaches initiative, and self reliance. Must be good at organizing and time management. Constant use of oral and written skills. Very professional but a fun and great environment to grow.
Productive and friendly environment
Biology Department Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 7, 2016
Common office tasks like filing, mailings, copying, and scanning are taught at first, and is later expected.
Management is very friendly with the student assistants and staff members.
The work experience has been extremely interesting and challenging.
Professor of Education (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 28, 2016
The experience I have had in my professional life has been very enriching and rewarding. The personal and professional contacts
were most interesting and uplifting. Dealing with students and
advisee was the most valuable of my experiences.
Pros
Health Insurance, Pleasant Atmosphere
Cons
Nothing serious
Great people
Director (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 17, 2016
This is a village, a campus of great people to work with. You will make friends here among those dedicated to improving education.
Great co-workers, tough place to advance
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 12, 2016
I love working in higher education- the energy, something different every day, etc. However, it's impossible to advance and make more money.
Pros
coworkers, flexibility
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities, money
great work while at college
Student Development Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 3, 2016
answer questions for students, direct students, file papers, answer phones, deliver and pick up mail, copy papers, guard art gallery, make sure everything is right in the art gallery. My boss was great everything was enjoyable there was nothing I did not like.
Pros
very convenent
Cons
not a lot of pay
Very productive.
Register Assistant Associate, I (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 27, 2016
It wasn't hard just time consuming, a lot of filing and typing. There was also phone calls and package drop off's. As for my employees some were nice others weren't very.
Adjustable hours to fit your school work.
Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 14, 2016
The hours are meant to fit your school schedule, and is meant to help give students an easy job on campus to help put more cash into ones pocket.
Pros
it is very easy
Cons
not much pay
Student Worker
STUDENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 12, 2016
Marymount was fine to work at as a student worker but from what I have been told it is not great for other staff. Though I have been told that its a great way to get an education while working for them.
Fun place with friendly people
Scheduling Coordinator, Registrar Office (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 18, 2015
Marymount is a great place to work with many benefits. I would recommend this work place to anyone. If you wanted a place to continue your education free of charge this is the place to be. I have been here almost 10 years with no regrets.
Pros
Free Lunches, flexible work schedules
Cons
Parking and health benefits
Flexible Schedule
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  arlingtonOctober 7, 2015
Marymount University is a great school! I was able to do my homework while working during slow times. Work load was not too much.
Nice place to work
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alrington, VASeptember 19, 2015
It is a place where I learned a lot and meet some good friends. However, the management skill of the Director in charge at that time was not correct.
Pros
Friendship
Cons
Supervising skill
Productive and knowledgeable campus
Student (Current Employee) –  NjSeptember 2, 2015
Marymount university is a Knowledgeable campus with many professors with unique backgrounds that will help prepare for your future careers in the real world after college.
Small University that offers students a personal experience
ID and Parking Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 16, 2015
The University is focused on making the student experience the best. Faculty and Staff know students by name. The campus is beautiful with lots of history.
Pros
free tuition
Active work place
Athletic Department Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 1, 2015
Fun place to work with a lot of activity, especially on game days. You learn a it takes to prepare the facilities. Management is understanding and helpful.
Professional and friendly open office
Accounting Assistant-Internship (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 10, 2015
This office is usually busy because we have to manage all purchases made for the residents that living on campus. During my time working, I learn a lot about the finance aspect of the university and practice problem solving as well as maintain relationship with different vendors. Since we are the office that works with purchases reconciliation, there are times when purchaser fails to present proof of order and cases of loss receipts. Even so, my coordinator was very patient to guide me on how to solve for each problem. It is a part of the university so the office maintain both a professional and friendly atmosphere to make sure students that visit feel comfortable and welcome.
Pros
No travel between school and work
Cons
Noise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marymount University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2