Maryvale Hospital Employee Reviews

Okay place to work, but room for improvement
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 26, 2017
Working in the ER was busy, stressful and graphic. The hours were limited so I only got about 22 a week. The salary was mediocre and the benefits were limited.
Great Place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
Maryvale Hospital is a wonderful place to work. Very professionaly organized and very family oriented. The staff is very highly trained and very professional.
Special place to work as I was a student there almost 30 years ago.
CT/Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2017
I have worked at Maryvale a total of 3 times since 1989, And it holds a special place in my heart, Sentimentally and Nostalgically! I am a native of Phoenix, born at Phoenix General Hospital in January of 1963. Maryvale Hospital was my clinical site while going through RT School. I have high regards for those in administration however, they are quick to fire people if `a complaint is brought up rather than standing by their professional staff!
Pros
Know the facility and staff
Cons
Lack of recignition and low employee moral.
Difficult place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 24, 2017
Difficult place to work.
lots of challenges to overcome on a daily basis
Management was not always there and I had to "step up" to fill out their job.
They continually blamed me for their mistakes
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no breaks
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2017
fast pace very fun great co-workers, great pay and benefits hire very fast interview goes by smoothly you will feel like your at home. don't require much great staff
Busy days
Emergency Room Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2017
Happy with the place, want to keep working at Abrazo but ready to look at nursing from a different prospective. Learned a lot of skills compared to when I was first hired.
St
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  AzNovember 7, 2015
A typical day at work would be to prepare the OR for any potential emergent situations. Along with set up and assist with any surgery that is scheduled. In the event of a true emergency I help delegate by taking the role of scrub and first assist. Stock the floor, attend to any patient care needs, and to order etc. I'm always learning wherever I end up along with teaching others my experience. I work best with a team, I'm pretty easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is finding something I can't do. I'm always asking or trying to find the solution if I don't know something. I'm a very hard worker and take pride in what I do. The most enjoyable part of my day is getting to work with a great crew and having everyday a good day!!
Pros
Yes...Free Lunches and great days ahead!
Cons
None so far! :)
Productive and fun place to work
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2015
CEO of the company is very easy to talk to very compassion of his patiences and employee's .It's a friendly and fun environment .Great place to work.
Pros
Sometimes we get free lunch.
Cons
Always making sure there employees take there lunch and breaks
Family like for all employees
Patient care Technician (PCT) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 30, 2015
Maryvale is small and everyone will know everyone. It is a family atmosphere for the work life. Everyone is supportive and helps each other out. Patients depend on this little community hospital and the staff is here 24/7 to provide great care and service. The pay wasn't that great, but it is a small community hospital. Can't expect to get rich. The work environment was lots of work, but lots of help. Even on busy days, it can be tough, but the teamwork and team atmosphere keeps employees loving work. I would work here again.
Pros
Great staff, small hospital, family atmosphere, community oriented
Cons
low paay, short staffing
Nice Place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2014
As a Pharmacy Technician it is a great place to work.
Flexible work hours
Easy work Load
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not compensated enough
A busy and can be difficult place to work as a health administrator
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2014
Work is very wide. As a health coordinator the day includes gathering records from floors, talking with physicians and patients, and at the time I was working, working with physical charts and ensuring their accuracy.

Co-workers and managers could be difficult to work with and not always cooperative.

The most difficult part of my job was when Maryvale decided to go completely automated and downgraded my position immediately.

I had enjoyed the part of my job which kept me in contact with the physicians and other staff members. I was constantly busy with reports and statistics for the physicians and management. That is what I learned.
Pros
Was working with the physicians and patients
Cons
The constant overturn of management
Exposes you to many cultures and a fun place to work.
ER Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2013
It is a small hospital that has a family feel to it, friendly staff, and amazing patients.
work for Maryvale Hospital was a excellent experience
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2013
My supervisor is gentle, kind, compassionate. He can recognize when you do a good job. They give good benefits, the most enjoyable part of the job, is seeing the patient's face when he received my help
great place to work, staff friendly and helpful.
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2013
Loved working there. 12 hour shifts so only had to work 3 days a week. Over time not mandatory. Not required to stay over after your shift for call ins.
Its a good place to grow in the healthcare industry.
Lead Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2012
I've been here for five years and met alot of good people in the healthcare field. I enjoy my responsibilities as a saftey Officer, But i have come to a point in my life where i feel its time to move on.
Pros
you help people
Cons
no room for advancement
Horrible company
Unit Secretary Med surg / Birth Recorder (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2012
Very greety company I didn't get any raises in the 3 years I worked for them. No advancement opportunities. Manangement very unprofessional and all bullies
Pros
it was a job
Cons
bullies