Maryville Academy Employee Reviews

fast-paced well organized
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
i volunteer there i like it cause we help recovery addicts it help me see a different approach towards people. I've volunteered there for a while now.and its very interesting.
over all I would rate the company as a good place to work, but the pay could be better.
Site Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 15, 2017
It was a great experience working with the children. It gave me a better insight into their world. It was a pleasure helping these children and seeing the positive change the staff had on their lives.
hard work pays off
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILAugust 6, 2017
The every day work load could vary based on the residents living within the home you work for. Having a great team helps in maintaining a safe and enjoyable setting.
Hard work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJuly 10, 2017
to work is this environment you have to be passionate about the type of work you do you should come in with some experience so you can help these families and youth rebuild
Pros
good programs
Cons
very demanding work
Case Manager
Youth Care Worker- Residential Treatment Center (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILJune 9, 2017
Be prepared to do A lot of driving. Helping families/ Children will be the true motivation to work each day. Time management skills are needed. High caseload and driving required in your vehicle
Cons
Driving
Very poor conditions for nurses and their patients
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
The management at this facility is solely interested in filling beds, rather than actually providing good care for the patients. The director of nursing has some of the poorest patient care skills that I have seen from management, and therefore has very little insight into what nurses need in order to perform their duties. A lot of favoritism and gossip between employees. Unsafe working conditions due to unaddressed violent outbursts from patients, broken equipment, and poor staffing ratios. The kids are the best part of this job, but advocacy on their behalf will be ignored by management. Many nurses practicing unsafe and unsanitary habits, such as not wearing gloves or washing hands.
Pros
The kids are awesome. The pay is ok. Plenty of hours
Cons
Uncaring management, workplace drama, moral burnout
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 1, 2017
Good place to work. Fast paced and really changed my life. Made me a more humble person and made me want to strive to be a better man. The clients could be really hard to work with at times. But you take the good with the bad.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Dealing with difficult situations
a typical day at work
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2017
Overall working with Maryville was a great experience. I learned a lot throughout the years (30years). I enjoy very much working with children. I worked with different age groups newborn up to 21 at times.
Pros
Love working with Children
Cons
Sometimes there was problems with management with communication
Productive and busy.
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, ILMarch 21, 2017
Work in fast pace workplace. Always busy, always have something to do. Work with teen parents. Work with different cultures. Work as a team. Enjoy working with teens to help them learn how to appropriately care for their child.
Pros
Nice coworkers, helpful, will assist when needed. Weekend activities with teens
Cons
The work hours 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm. The pay scale .
Counselor
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 15, 2017
Counseled troubled teens from various age groups.
supervised daily activities.
Insured family compliance with state regulations.
Assured wards emotional well being
MISA, great teamwork
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 28, 2017
Great opportunities for upward movement
Learned leadership, self-advocacy, child protection, DCFS protocol, implemented counseling skills.
Self-directed in certain programs
Highly supported agency
Well known across the community
Loving and friendly atmosphere
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 27, 2017
It was one of the best job I held. The children loved and appreciated our effort and support. We did not mind doing our best trying to help them do their best.
pleasant working conditions
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Working environment and staff was pleasant -- looked forward to going to work however the advancement possibilities were less than expected. Employer job security failed because both were involved in above average staffing down sizing.
Productive fun and workplace
Residential Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2016
The best company to work for I wouldn't mind working for them again one of the best jobs I've ever had in my life I recommend anyone who apply for a position for this company you will love this place great people great energy and great pay great benefits great everything
Great Job
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  1150 N . River RoadNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with the ladies and there babies. Teaching coping skills and independent living skills. When you gain and bond and they are moved to permanent placing is the hardest.
Demanding job, but could be rewarding
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 3, 2016
Days could consist of 8 or 16 hour shifts, due to it being inpatient treatment. The young adults here could be challenging, but they could also surprise you. Management was good for the short time I worked here. Enjoyed most of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job could be the long shifts or the physical aspect of the job regarding restraining some of the youth. It was enjoyable, however, to watch them grow, mature, and learn from their mistakes. Sometimes.
Pros
Meals provided, worked as a team, decent training
Cons
Long shifts, no holidays
Good
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILSeptember 26, 2016
We worked as a team with all the childrens and as well as having pleasant and enjoyable times with the children. I have learned to be patient and understanding of their need and the hardest part of the job was leaving the students. Now, the hardest part ofthe job is being away from the clients.
Management is shady
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 18, 2016
Build great relationships with my co-workers. I enjoyed working with the kids and developed very close friendships with my co-workers. Management did not appear to care about their employees. Always cutting back, shutting down programs, letting people go.
Hours
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  1150 N. River RoadJuly 14, 2016
Get to work about 4:00 am check messages returning phone calls. I get calls from people about records, I mail them a request form they send it back to me . I send them records. Enjoying Helping
na
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  bartlett,ilJanuary 18, 2016
I work with children who are disabled, juveniles, pregnant teens assisting and helping them cope and rebuild with what they been through in life.