Maryville Academy Employee Reviews

Productive fun and workplace
Residential Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 25, 2016
The best company to work for I wouldn't mind working for them again one of the best jobs I've ever had in my life I recommend anyone who apply for a position for this company you will love this place great people great energy and great pay great benefits great everything
Great Job
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  1150 N . River RoadNovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed working with the ladies and there babies. Teaching coping skills and independent living skills. When you gain and bond and they are moved to permanent placing is the hardest.
Good
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILSeptember 26, 2016
We worked as a team with all the childrens and as well as having pleasant and enjoyable times with the children. I have learned to be patient and understanding of their need and the hardest part of the job was leaving the students. Now, the hardest part ofthe job is being away from the clients.
Management is shady
PSYCHIATRIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILAugust 18, 2016
Build great relationships with my co-workers. I enjoyed working with the kids and developed very close friendships with my co-workers. Management did not appear to care about their employees. Always cutting back, shutting down programs, letting people go.
Hours
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  1150 N. River RoadJuly 14, 2016
Get to work about 4:00 am check messages returning phone calls. I get calls from people about records, I mail them a request form they send it back to me . I send them records. Enjoying Helping
na
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  bartlett,ilJanuary 18, 2016
I work with children who are disabled, juveniles, pregnant teens assisting and helping them cope and rebuild with what they been through in life.
Great place to work very humble staff has a lot of games to play with youth.
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 30, 2015
Love working for this company, a typical day will be to anticipated in helping the youth with everyday life skills, its a residential facility so the interest will be to monitor the youth. Have to be a people person and love what you do.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Very dangerous atmosphere with lack of staff and violent clients
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILNovember 8, 2015
Due to structural issues, the clients at maryville are not being helped. The atmosphere invites violent behaviors and staff are often but in danger. On numerous occasions I was attacked by clients and one incident led to me having to go on medical leave for almost 2 months. I advice you be a male staff who weighs over 200 pounds if you are seeking employment here.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no breaks risk of harm on a daily basis
Structured
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILNovember 2, 2015
Good environment with hard working staff members. Great management team who fight for there staff members. Pay could be better for the type of work required.
very hard job
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 1, 2015
Working at Maryville made you think about the different type youth that needs help in a special program. I enjoyed working with the youth.
Pros
great experience
Okay place to work.
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, ILJuly 23, 2015
Managers need to improve on there communication skills , the most enjoyable part of the job are the clients, I loved my work hours and my coworkers.
A toxic work environment
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, ILMay 18, 2015
I feel like I don't need to say much, look at the reviews on glass door. The management gossips about workers, you will get punched, kicked, spit on by the youth. There is little support from management. I feel that the training does not fully prepare you for the job. The job can be awarding, but you need to grow a lot of patience to deal with management. If praise and recognition is important to you, you won't get it here.
Great experience working with in care youth
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Many great times where made here had a connection with helping children in DCFS and got to move up in pay after probation period.
Pros
Children
Cons
short breaks and long hours
Committed to providing protection and guidence to children.
MHP Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2015
My day at Maryville consist of being responsible for the day-to-day teaching and guidance, and treatment of the youth of Maryville Academy residential Programs. I learn that everyone is not afford the opportunity to be a part of an "American Dream Family". I enjoy working with management and co-workers to provide young men the opportunity to be involve with people who provide fruitful structure and the visits to family members. The hardest part of my job is when I take the young men to visit family members and how valued time is wasted when they don't give the response and support these young men need from them. the most enjoyable part of my job is when we see the extraordinary results of our honest efforts to teach the young men.
Pros
Great benefits, Managable hours, Wonderful kids.
Cons
raises are based on grant funding
Being able to grow and develop in various areas
Assistant Program Manager/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines/ MontroseNovember 30, 2014
My day consisted of ensuring that the youth entrusted in care were safe in accordance with programmatic and DCFS expectations. The most rewarding aspect about the job was impacting the lives of young individuals through the maturation process in the emotional, physical and mental growth.
Although, there were some challenges/barriers; it was very rewarding to see some youths develop and become positive functioning individuals.
Pros
Meeting various people and learning in every aspect of my life.
Cons
Political aspects of the job and unrealistic expectations.
this job will physically and emotionally drain you
Youth Care Worker/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, ILNovember 26, 2014
tough job. good job to gain experience, but once you get it, run! Administration and management suck. This job will overwork you. They barely have enough staff. Staff are constantly being injured and quitting.
Pros
experience
Cons
no lunch breaks, not enough staff, very aggressive teenagers.
productive and fun environment
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 21, 2014
good start if you are new to the customer field, they require a degree, room to advance to another site or into management
benefits
Cons
short breaks
No advancement
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILNovember 11, 2014
Management Sucks: All politics, no accountability.
No stability in your work schedule.
The stress is immense
Workers Compensation will be used.
Not Unionized
No Breaks

Great place to gain REAL experience in the field.
It warms my heart to care for individuals, and actually make a difference.
Pros
Making a difference is someones upbringing, Free Lunch
Cons
6 month probation period, No break
Too Many Favoritism
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Management simply do not listen to their staff when they asked to be reassigned to another shift. Once an incident occurs, managment and the ageny immediately proceeds to terminate individuals without trying to correct a problem or situation. It is unfortunate that people still can remain employed after a client get assaulted in a particular male group home setting.
fun work place
Evening Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 17, 2014
working with disadvantage children. co workers are supportive. i learned how to be patient with the children
Pros
helping relationships
Cons
emotionally draining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Maryville Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8