Marywood University Employee Reviews in United States

Great Enviroment
Reaccreditation Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 22, 2016
Working at Marywood was serious but also fun. I felt valued and also challenged. The part time starting pay was good. The culture was nice.
Highly productive area within the organization. I have learned time managment skills that are invaluable
Public Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 18, 2016
Marywood University allotted me the benefit of working full time and taking classes in the evening in order to reach my goal of earning a college degree. I have worked in three department at Marywood University. Within each department I was able to grow as a person and as an employee. The most enjoyable part of my current position is being able to work with students--to tell their stories and promote their successes.
Pros
Tuition Benefit
Cons
High Pressure position that requires attention after hours
Fun place towork
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 22, 2016
Working here was never dull, there was always work to be done, this allowed for the shifts to go by quickly. Being able to interact with the students and staff of the college was nice; we learned their likes and dislikes of the service we provided and it helped with the employees performance.
marywood
Undergraduate & Graduate Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Great university and worked with great people. The University had an amazing work environment. I would still like to work there part time.
Outdated approach to university-level research and education.
Instructor for Critical CareNursing students (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 21, 2015
Micro management reminding me of being in HighSchool. Happy with the status quo despite its old-fashioned, provincial approach to educating health care providers. Few faculty engaged in funded research.
If you want to join a "family", which in my eyes requires someone to parent, then welcome home. Just know that as faculty you are not the parent.
Pros
Nice Campus and facilities
Cons
Nice part time college job
Photography Technician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 15, 2015
Worked this as a student attending the college. It gave me more hands on photography experience worth while job just for that.
Productive and joyful workplace
Social Work Graduate Student Therapist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 20, 2015
• Conduct bio- psycho- social- spiritual assessments, diagnostic assessments, treatment planning and evaluation

• Provide individual counseling to students experiencing Post- Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Eating Disorders, Substance Use, anxiety disorders, and relationship issues

• Provide psycho- education regarding mental health disorders

• Provide alcohol screening services and diagnostic evaluations

• Present cases in group and individual supervision

• Co- facilitate Relationship and Empowerment Task Force

• Maintain and update clients' records

• Conduct referrals to community organizations

Knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences around counseling, direct client contact and mental disorders highly increased through weekly supervisory sessions, direct client contact and inter-professional collaboration.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Interactions with clients and coworkers

Hardest part of the job: Lack of adequate physical space

Overall, the Marywood University, Counseling/ Student Development Center, offers a welcoming and supportive environment that encourages both independent work and teamwork, mutual respect, and collaboration. Its major strength is the interdisciplinary collaboration through which staff has the ability to exchange views and opinions and learn from various disciplines.
Pros
Direct client contact, flexibility, equal participation in the decision- making process, work ethic, collaboration
Cons
Limited diversity, lack of adequate staff, limited physical space
Excellent Experience
Radio DJ/Entertainment Anchor/Sports Editor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 28, 2015
I was a student at Maywood working in many different areas such as the school newspaper, the radio station, and the television station. I enjoyed each one of these positions, but especially working with television. Creating television and being a part of television is what I want to do with my life and Marywood University only helped me to see that even more.
This is a smal university with limited access for scientific communication.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Scrantion, PAJanuary 14, 2015
This is a small university with limited access for scientific communication. So, running a research project is challenging.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Secretary - Dean's Office (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 25, 2014
Friendly and supportive place to work with challenging workload and diversity.
Pros
higher education
great place to work
Adjunct Faculty Member and Field Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 24, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I was able to have the freedom to educate young social workers
good workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 29, 2014
aided students. worked hard in group environment. hardest part was getting students to do their work. Best part of job was when a student said that they finally understood something because of me.
Quiet office workplace
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 28, 2014
Depended on the given work day, I may or may not have time to sit and do my homework and studying. Otherwise work consisted of organizing paperwork, printing, making labels, typing, stuffing envelopes, delivering mail, invoices, answering phones, reminder calls, errands around campus, and many more things. I especially enjoyed the people in the office.
Close to dorm room with great people
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAAugust 7, 2014
I would come before or after a class when I have a huge break in between them. Say hello to everyone and then if there was work for me to do then I would immediately start it. If there wasn't work for me to complete then I would study for other classes.
Pros
great study time
Cons
n/a
Quiet workplace
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJuly 9, 2014
Much of the time, as a work study student, I would be studying for my college classes during work hours. When needed, I would run errands, mail things, clean, organize paperwork, print signs, move things, put mailings together, record event invoices, answer the phone, and other misc. jobs. A few of my co-workers were also students, but I was treated as another employee in the offices. The hardest part of the job was mostly having to help out a lot in the office when I needed to study for a test occurring later that day. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with in the office. They taught me how to do a lot of office work.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
minimum wage, short hours
Highly organized Research Biologist with more than nine years experience in developing, qualifying and validating assay development.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 24, 2014
•Strong knowledge in the field of biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology and extensive cell and molecular biology techniques.
•Management and coordinate of general laboratory operation.
•Acting as a liaison between laboratory and research administration and other departments.
•Strong organizational and time management skills including database of stocks, maintenance of laboratory equipment, and safety training.
•Project management skills, multi-tasking and leadership skills.
•Ability to work effectively, independently, and as part of a team.
•Highly motivated and goal oriented reputations for success through development and maintenance of business relationships.
•Advanced analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Presented research data, wrote abstracts, presented posters and spoke at various scientific meetings.
•Effectively produce desired outcome and results in form of publications.
Intellecturally stimulating environment
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 15, 2014
Great colleagues, They are.very knowledgeable in their field. Administration encouraged advance studies and conference attendance. Campus offers a variety of cultural activities.
Pros
general work surroundings enhanced individual endeavors.
Cons
tenure is hard to obtain.
Registered Dietitian Lecturer Marywood University
Lecturer 1 Nutrition and Dietetics (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 12, 2014
I plan and implement nutrition lab at Marywood University. My current position is very enjoyable and rewarding. Co-workers are very professional and easy to work with.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
very limited amount of time
Great workplace with wonderful people!
Work Study Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 23, 2013
I have always loved working at Marywood. My job in the psychology graduate department allows me to work with many professors and provide any administrative duties needed. I always enjoy going to work because the people I work with really are always a pleasure.
Ok place to work
Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 13, 2013
I spent 6 years at Marywood University (while earning my Master's degree) I applied for many professional positions only to be passed over. Co-workers were nice.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no professional advancement or development

4.3