Marywood University Employee Reviews

Relaxed and open-minded learning environment.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 24, 2017
I've had a pleasant experience helping others thus far! However, some subjects are harder than others to help with. This is typically something I do on the side, as you need to be matched up by the coordinator with a student who needs help in the field that you're able to tutor in.
Student Friendly
Admissions Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 27, 2017
As an admissions ambassador, for the most part there is little paperwork to fill out and file from day to day, depending on the time of the semester. During times where there is open house, there is a lot of filing and organizing. Tours are everyday, the job is given to a different person everyday, depending on one's availability. The person who manages the ambassador is kind, understanding, and also flexible with hours. The hardest part might be to find time during the school week for work, but it will always work out in your benefit.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly work environment, quiet work space
Boring
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 26, 2017
Only recommended for those who need a work study job that attend college. Its easy and interesting at the same time but are only for certain people.
Admissions Counselor
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PADecember 14, 2016
Amazing colleagues, great environment. Salary is towards the lower side of the graph. The 1000% tuition waiver for staff is great. I wish they had overtime pay.
Pros
Environment, colleagues, 100% tuition benefits
Cons
Salary, no overtime.
Part time instructor
Faculty member (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 3, 2016
I have worked for Marywood University for 20 years. It was thrilling to watch students coming out of high school and growing to well educated Men and Women.
Although I was being paid only part time, I was working a full time scheduled.
Pros
Working with different departments
Cons
Salary was low compare to other Universities
Security Officer
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 10, 2016
I would work an eight hour shift as dispatcher. I was responsible for all computer and security operations working as they were electronically enabled. Troubleshoot and fix any computer anomalies, dispatch units. and keep log book of all communications.
Pros
Nice place to work and free education while employeed there.
Cons
Politics. You can't do a job right, when they tell to to overlook certain things.
Student Intern
Distance Dietetic Internship Program (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 11, 2016
I was a student intern in the Distance Dietetic Internship Program and found it to be an overall great program. I sometimes felt that communication from the director and other higher ups could be improved, but overall, it was a nice program and I gained a variety of new experiences that helped me better myself as an aspiring dietitian.
Member of Net Impact (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAJune 7, 2016
This is not a job and there can not be a review for this. This is a marywood university group for the business department which helps business students find what they want to be.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great Enviroment
Reaccreditation Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 22, 2016
Working at Marywood was serious but also fun. I felt valued and also challenged. The part time starting pay was good. The culture was nice.
Highly productive area within the organization. I have learned time managment skills that are invaluable
Public Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 18, 2016
Marywood University allotted me the benefit of working full time and taking classes in the evening in order to reach my goal of earning a college degree. I have worked in three department at Marywood University. Within each department I was able to grow as a person and as an employee. The most enjoyable part of my current position is being able to work with students--to tell their stories and promote their successes.
Pros
Tuition Benefit
Cons
High Pressure position that requires attention after hours
Fun place towork
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 22, 2016
Working here was never dull, there was always work to be done, this allowed for the shifts to go by quickly. Being able to interact with the students and staff of the college was nice; we learned their likes and dislikes of the service we provided and it helped with the employees performance.
marywood
Undergraduate & Graduate Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 15, 2016
Great university and worked with great people. The University had an amazing work environment. I would still like to work there part time.
Outdated approach to university-level research and education.
Instructor for Critical CareNursing students (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 21, 2015
Micro management reminding me of being in HighSchool. Happy with the status quo despite its old-fashioned, provincial approach to educating health care providers. Few faculty engaged in funded research.
If you want to join a "family", which in my eyes requires someone to parent, then welcome home. Just know that as faculty you are not the parent.
Pros
Nice Campus and facilities
Cons
Nice part time college job
Photography Technician (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 15, 2015
Worked this as a student attending the college. It gave me more hands on photography experience worth while job just for that.
Productive and joyful workplace
Social Work Graduate Student Therapist (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 20, 2015
• Conduct bio- psycho- social- spiritual assessments, diagnostic assessments, treatment planning and evaluation

• Provide individual counseling to students experiencing Post- Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive- Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Eating Disorders, Substance Use, anxiety disorders, and relationship issues

• Provide psycho- education regarding mental health disorders

• Provide alcohol screening services and diagnostic evaluations

• Present cases in group and individual supervision

• Co- facilitate Relationship and Empowerment Task Force

• Maintain and update clients' records

• Conduct referrals to community organizations

Knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences around counseling, direct client contact and mental disorders highly increased through weekly supervisory sessions, direct client contact and inter-professional collaboration.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Interactions with clients and coworkers

Hardest part of the job: Lack of adequate physical space

Overall, the Marywood University, Counseling/ Student Development Center, offers a welcoming and supportive environment that encourages both independent work and teamwork, mutual respect, and collaboration. Its major strength is the interdisciplinary collaboration through which staff has the ability to exchange views and opinions and learn from various disciplines.
Pros
Direct client contact, flexibility, equal participation in the decision- making process, work ethic, collaboration
Cons
Limited diversity, lack of adequate staff, limited physical space
Excellent Experience
Radio DJ/Entertainment Anchor/Sports Editor (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAJanuary 28, 2015
I was a student at Maywood working in many different areas such as the school newspaper, the radio station, and the television station. I enjoyed each one of these positions, but especially working with television. Creating television and being a part of television is what I want to do with my life and Marywood University only helped me to see that even more.
This is a smal university with limited access for scientific communication.
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Scrantion, PAJanuary 14, 2015
This is a small university with limited access for scientific communication. So, running a research project is challenging.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Secretary - Dean's Office (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 25, 2014
Friendly and supportive place to work with challenging workload and diversity.
Pros
Higher Education
great place to work
Adjunct Faculty Member and Field Instructor (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PAOctober 24, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I was able to have the freedom to educate young social workers
good workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 29, 2014
aided students. worked hard in group environment. hardest part was getting students to do their work. Best part of job was when a student said that they finally understood something because of me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marywood University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2