Marywood University

Marywood University Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Administrative Secretary - Dean's Office (Current Employee), Scranton, PANovember 25, 2014
Pros: higher education
Friendly and supportive place to work with challenging workload and diversity.
great place to work
Adjunct Faculty Member and Field Instructor (Current Employee), Scranton, PAOctober 24, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I was able to have the freedom to educate young social workers
good workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Scranton, PASeptember 29, 2014
aided students. worked hard in group environment. hardest part was getting students to do their work. Best part of job was when a student said that they finally understood something because of me.
Quiet office workplace
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Scranton, PAAugust 28, 2014
Depended on the given work day, I may or may not have time to sit and do my homework and studying. Otherwise work consisted of organizing paperwork, printing, making labels, typing, stuffing envelopes, delivering mail, invoices, answering phones, reminder calls, errands around campus, and many more things. I especially enjoyed the people in the office.
Close to dorm room with great people
Work Study Student (Former Employee), Scranton, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great study time
Cons: n/a
I would come before or after a class when I have a huge break in between them. Say hello to everyone and then if there was work for me to do then I would immediately start it. If there wasn't work for me to complete then I would study for other classes.
Quiet workplace
Work Study Office Assistant (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: minimum wage, short hours
Much of the time, as a work study student, I would be studying for my college classes during work hours. When needed, I would run errands, mail things, clean, organize paperwork, print signs, move things, put mailings together, record event invoices, answer the phone, and other misc. jobs. A few of my co-workers were also students, but I was treated – more... as another employee in the offices. The hardest part of the job was mostly having to help out a lot in the office when I needed to study for a test occurring later that day. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with in the office. They taught me how to do a lot of office work. – less
Highly organized Research Biologist with more than nine years experience in developing, qualifying and validating assay development.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMay 24, 2014
•Strong knowledge in the field of biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology and extensive cell and molecular biology techniques.
•Management and coordinate of general laboratory operation.
•Acting as a liaison between laboratory and research administration and other departments.
•Strong organizational and time management skills including database – more... of stocks, maintenance of laboratory equipment, and safety training.
•Project management skills, multi-tasking and leadership skills.
•Ability to work effectively, independently, and as part of a team.
•Highly motivated and goal oriented reputations for success through development and maintenance of business relationships.
•Advanced analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement.
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
•Presented research data, wrote abstracts, presented posters and spoke at various scientific meetings.
•Effectively produce desired outcome and results in form of publications. – less
Intellecturally stimulating environment
Adjunct (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: general work surroundings enhanced individual endeavors.
Cons: tenure is hard to obtain.
Great colleagues, They are.very knowledgeable in their field. Administration encouraged advance studies and conference attendance. Campus offers a variety of cultural activities.
Registered Dietitian Lecturer Marywood University
Lecturer 1 Nutrition and Dietetics (Current Employee), Scranton, PAApril 12, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: very limited amount of time
I plan and implement nutrition lab at Marywood University. My current position is very enjoyable and rewarding. Co-workers are very professional and easy to work with.
Ok place to work
Library Clerk (Former Employee), Scranton, PAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no professional advancement or development
I spent 6 years at Marywood University (while earning my Master's degree) I applied for many professional positions only to be passed over. Co-workers were nice.
Productive and fun workplace!
Data Mining Assistant (Work Study) (Former Employee), Scranton, PAApril 16, 2013
I enjoyed being around, and learning, from experienced professional from a multitude of fields.
decent job
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 11, 2013
really good place to work, where everyone is so friendly. I've gained lot of experience by working at Marywood
Interning through the distance dietetic program is a challenge
Dietetic Intern (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJune 19, 2012
Pros: free lunches at your food service and clincal rotations
Cons: little free time for anything non work related.
You will work 35-40 hours a day without pay
You will be required to submit assignments and 2 test each week so you cannot have a social life at all.
If you submit all your work, you will pass.
Be prepared to stay up til 3am working on assignments
A decent place to work.
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMarch 14, 2012
A decent place to work with many departments suited for anyone's skill(s).