Develops and/or modifies fairly complex computerized information systems as required by the Specialty Food Group and its users. Occasionally provides technical guidance on other staff member’s projects and assists in training less experienced staff members.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Advises on the feasibility and scope of information systems requests from users; performs an initial study of the request and reviews with IT manager.
- Serves as a project leader in the development of fairly complex computerized information systems; provides occasional supervision/guidance to one or more programmers assigned to a project.
- Develops and updates computerized information systems, programs, database descriptions and report/screen formats in compliance with systems/programming standards and guidelines; performs detailed systems analysis and design, programming, program testing, systems testing and user and technical system documentation.
- Trains users and operations personnel in the implementation of projects; works directly with system users until they understand the operating procedures.
- Audits completed projects by following up with system users and IT operations staff to determine how the project is working; provides recommendations for immediate and future enhancements.
- Provides technical assistance to the IT operations staff; determines the nature and cause of hardware/software system malfunctions and recommends recovery procedures.
- Provides assistance to the IT Manager in the development of systems and programming standards.
- Evaluates computer hardware and/or software; studies the needs of users, consults with vendors, compares features and capabilities with needs, and presents alternatives
- Remains up-to-date with technology by attending classes, staff meetings, seminars and professional society meetings.
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Some travel to plant and company locations is required. Overtime or irregular hours are required to meet extreme workloads and regularly-imposed deadlines. There are frequent interruptions to handle special requests and emergencies. Individual is on call at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and minimum of 7 years of experience in application development in a windows environment
- Solid working knowledge of systems analysis/design, database design, structured programming techniques, test methods, and software support in a Windows environment is required
- Experience with FTP, HTTP, and TCP/IP protocols along with system integration skills is required.
- Experience with organizational change management best practices
- Experience with a tier 1 ERP system, perhaps on implementation team is preferred
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
"We will start a new place and serve good food. At a profit if we can, at a loss if we must, but we will serve good food."