This position supports the I-series, desktop computers and peripherals at the T. Marzetti Company’s Corporate Office and remote locations. Support includes monitoring jobs and responding to errors with the applications, the installation, configuration, testing, and ongoing usability of desktops, peripheral equipment, software, and other related equipment.
Essential Functions/Primary Responsibilities:
- Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including Active Directory, file servers, email servers, application servers, database servers, and administrative systems.
- Work with IT Network and Applications teams as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from team members and business partners.
- Clearly and concisely document issue details and resolution using designated Help Desk system.
- Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the IT department.
- Work with procurement system to receive purchased hardware, software and computer supplies.
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software resources and parts in designated system.
- Monitor and ensure jobs are running without issue on the I-series
- Resolve in timely manner errors with applications
- Print and distribute I-series reports
- On Call Weekend Rotation
- Execute on assigned tasks as delegated by IT Management
Works in a normal office environment where the employee is regularly required to speak, see, hear, sit, stand, talk, type, walk and bend while moving about the facility. The noise level in the office is quiet. Overtime or irregular hours are required to meet extreme workloads and regularly-imposed deadlines. There are frequent interruptions to handle special requests and emergencies. Employee must be dependable and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing Help Desk and workstation Level Support
- Ability to support Windows 7 and XP
- Ability to support Microsoft Office 2010
- Ability to support Active Directory concepts and administration
- A background utilizing knowledge of SCCM
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP networking and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Must be physically able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Microsoft certification or A+ certification considered a plus
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Reports To: IT Security Officer
Department: Information Services/Technology
"We will start a new place and serve good food. At a profit if we can, at a loss if we must, but we will serve good food."