This position requires a dynamic, business analyst who has demonstrated effective skills in successfully driving process changes. Position acts as a liaison between business and technical teams responsible for developing business requirements, leading applications requirements sessions, developing requirements documentation, use cases, end-user documentation, developing test plans, test execution, and coordinating production roll-out activities. Knowledge of optimizing and delivering best practices within the business functional groups preferred.
- Build relationships with users, technical staff and management.
- Collaborate with the various departments (Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, R&D, Marketing .ETC) demonstrating the ability to articulate the functions of software and how each supports the end users.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail, as well as perform duties under minimal supervision is a must
- Define, design, and document business flows and processes
- Demonstrate an aptitude for understanding the business environment and translating business requirements to technical solutions by developing solutions to meet customer requirements and deliver value.
- Continuously work to improve and simplify the processes and functionality related to applications
- Ensure the satisfactory completion of critical work and/or projects.
- Facilitate regular meetings with the business stakeholders in functional areas.
- Regularly provide reports on status of issues, projects and plans.
- Ensure that system proposals are fully analyzed and evaluated.
- Make creating processes to support application deployment is a core competence
- CPG industry experience preferred
- 7 plus years’ experience in business process and requirements documentation, analysis, design, system construction, testing, training, communication planning and deployment
- Strong experience requirement elicitation techniques
- Strong experience with MSOffice Suite of products, Visio and Project is desirable.
- Experience of developing reports, dashboards and scorecards using SAP business Objects preferred
- Strong analytical, Risk analysis and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Generate SDLC business validation documentation (i.e. User Requirements Specifications, Functional specifications) including technical documentation such as Design specification, Configuration specifications, etc.
- Define and articulate business rules required for data accuracy and consistency. Identify and resolve data quality issues
- Working knowledge of organizational change management concepts preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to develop and maintain business/technical documentation, and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Works under limited supervision, handles routine matters on own initiative
- Experience managing small projects
- Exercises high degree of judgment in matters related to corporate compliance
- Experience writing use cases and business process modeling
- Experience with configuration management tool and requirement gathering tools is a plus
- RUP experience a Plus
Competency Definition: Business acumen is keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business situation in a manner that is to lead to a good outcome.
Required Proficiency: Advanced: quickly grasps the business and mission critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job, understands how the business operated in general, learns new methods, business process and technologies easily.
Problem solving consists in using generic or ad hoc methods, in an orderly manner, for finding solutions to problems Advanced: looks beyond and the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer. Has extensive experience in problem solving steps
-Define the problem- Diagnose the situation so that your focus is on the problem, not just its symptoms. Helpful techniques at this stage include using flowcharts to identify the expected steps of a process and cause-and-effect diagrams to define and analyze root causes.
- Generate alternative solutions- Postpone the selection of one solution until several alternatives have been proposed
- Evaluate and select an alternative
- Implement and follow up on the solution
Communication is more than speaking or writing. To be effective, communication requires the creation of a common understanding of ideas, desires and observations among people Advanced: An analyst’s role is to interview various people at various levels to understand the process flow, process requirements, business and business requirement. Congenial relationship with the business team, management and other stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle is very important to maintain.
Planning skills are any skills that allow you to look ahead and accomplish goals or avoid business or social hardship. These skills let you make and implement decisions Advanced: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals, break down work into the process steps, evaluates results
Result oriented sets specific, measurable improvement goals and match resources, tools, and action plans to the requirements of accomplishing success Advanced: Demonstrates a clear understanding of all the factors affecting improvement of results within the organization and be a leader advocating process improvement and organizational change management