MAS Home Care of Maine

MAS Home Care of Maine Employer Reviews

A challenging venue for social services workers
Child services coordinator (Former Employee), Westbrook & Lewiston MEDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great networking opportunities
Cons: pay and travel compensation.
The work at MAS was personally gratifying in that each day I had the opportunity to influence the lives of special needs children and their families. I was able to partner with an outstanding cast of other providers in the area all working as a team toward the common goal of family and client care.
Not Employee Oriented
BHP-RC (Former Employee), MaineNovember 9, 2013
Pros: paid meetings and trainings
Cons: low pay, no benefits, supervisors unavailable and not supportive, employees treated coldly, training staff has no personality, no field support
Like many healthcare agencies in the country MAS is a decent enough company to work for if you are new to this field and you want to get your feet wet. The hours are understandably up and down but I did not expect the support from management to be a consistent down. It is normal for employees 'in the field' to work evening hours and it is also normal to not be able to contact your supervisor after the office closes at 4pm. Even if it is an emergency! The higher ups are not very supportive of the field staff, the company often has a 'closed door' feel about it and the training's are often made long and tedious by the trainers. If you are just trying to gain some experience than MAS is as good a start as any other agency, but if it's a good job with supportive management and benefits that you are looking for than you should apply elsewhere.
MAS
Children's Services Coordinator (Current Employee), Westbrook, MESeptember 13, 2013
MAS has given me the opportunity to grow so much as a person. It was a career that I got right out of college, and has been one of the most excellent learning experiences I have ever had.
An elder care company
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Westbrook, MEJuly 18, 2013
They send cna, rn and pss in to elder homes for care and companionship. They also do nursing home facilities and worked in child services.
I answered a multiple phone lines. Greeted employes. made copies and faxed. Helped in the hr department. Helped with scheduling and payroll. I set up all meetings and orientations of new employes. Also did all of the office cleaning.