MAS Home Care Employee Reviews

great place to work
PSS (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MESeptember 9, 2015
this company is great but I feel they need to show better appreciation towards the field people as they are sitting behind a desk and not seeing what we have to go through on a daily basis.
Pros
loves the clients
Cons
staff does not listen
very horrible place to work
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Machias, MEOctober 23, 2013
I worked at MAS Home Care of Maine for 9 months, during which time I had 9 paychecks that were messed up and they fixed it but it took a long time to get it fixed. If I had an issue I was unable to get a hold of my supervisor, the supervisors talk about employees behind their backs in the office, the people are downright rude and the trainings are not given when promised.
Pros
You get to work with awesome children.
Cons
You have to deal with incompetent supervisors.
shady business
LNA (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 28, 2015
Seems that many things you are asked to do are illegal and out if scope if practice. Pushed to pick up as many shifts as possible and if you can't do the shift you get a wicked attitude from the schedulers. Don't seem to care about their employees or clients just making money hand over fist.
Pros
some sweet clients
Cons
attitudes of schedulers and management, shady business practices
A challenging venue for social services workers
Child services coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westbrook & Lewiston MEDecember 3, 2013
The work at MAS was personally gratifying in that each day I had the opportunity to influence the lives of special needs children and their families. I was able to partner with an outstanding cast of other providers in the area all working as a team toward the common goal of family and client care.
Pros
great networking opportunities
Cons
pay and travel compensation.
An environment that encourages worker independence.
Behavioral Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 22, 2013
A typical day at on the job finds me working one-on-one with a child in his home and in the community. It has taught me to be self-efficient and self-reliant. I am supervised 1-2 times per month and must rely on my knowledge of procedures and protocols. I work with other professionals who are very supportive and though we do not always work together they are empathetic to my trials and triumphs. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the frustration of things that do not go the way I expect them too. But the most enjoyable and rewarding part of my job is when the child I am working with makes any kind of improvement.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Limited hours, no benefits, lack of supervision, poor management, inconsistent policies
Wonderful company doing what they can to enhance the lives of kids in pretty dire needs.
BHP-RC (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 21, 2012
Pros
fantastic management and staff. very understanding and appreciative of everything you do
Cons
hours are hard to come by as you can only really work with kids after schoo, l and you can't work 7 days a week because you will burn yourself out
An elder care company
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJuly 18, 2013
They send cna, rn and pss in to elder homes for care and companionship. They also do nursing home facilities and worked in child services.
I answered a multiple phone lines. Greeted employes. made copies and faxed. Helped in the hr department. Helped with scheduling and payroll. I set up all meetings and orientations of new employes. Also did all of the office cleaning.
It was great working with the children and seeing progress
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJune 24, 2013
I loved being in the families home and coming up with ways to help the child and the family manage the conditions. It was awesome to be a part of a team and notice the progress made on a daily basis.
Pros
Rewarding and heartwarming
Cons
Poor structure and unqualified management and coworkers
Not Employee Oriented
BHP-RC (Former Employee) –  MaineNovember 9, 2013
Like many healthcare agencies in the country MAS is a decent enough company to work for if you are new to this field and you want to get your feet wet. The hours are understandably up and down but I did not expect the support from management to be a consistent down. It is normal for employees 'in the field' to work evening hours and it is also normal to not be able to contact your supervisor after the office closes at 4pm. Even if it is an emergency! The higher ups are not very supportive of the field staff, the company often has a 'closed door' feel about it and the training's are often made long and tedious by the trainers. If you are just trying to gain some experience than MAS is as good a start as any other agency, but if it's a good job with supportive management and benefits that you are looking for than you should apply elsewhere.
Pros
Paid meetings and trainings
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, supervisors unavailable and not supportive, employees treated coldly, training staff has no personality, no field support
not an employee oriented place
PSS (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 18, 2014
supervisors are young and very rude while at client's home. Won't go back there and work ever again. Very unprofessional.
Pros
wage is good
Cons
very rude and no communication with clients and or the employees
Mas
Children's Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, MESeptember 13, 2013
MAS has given me the opportunity to grow so much as a person. It was a career that I got right out of college, and has been one of the most excellent learning experiences I have ever had.
they have a great team of staff working there
pss (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 30, 2014
I would love to be working with the excellent team they have but they require a liting requirement of 100 lbs which i cannot do at this time due to a car ccident
Many different locations to choose from
LNA (Current Employee) –  Hudson,NHMarch 21, 2014
I enjoy working for MAS, the atmosphere is cofortable,hours are flexable and the staff is easily approachable.
Pros
Flexable hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAS Home Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5