MAS Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RI 02904September 18, 2016
Worked at MAS for 6 years as a RN and management is horrible. Management could care less about their employees. My paycheck was always short which took weeks to fix. One of my weekly paychecks bounced at the bank and they never pay my over draft fees. If you use MAS for a job reference they will not book you any shifts for a week or 2 as punishment. The unit manager in North Providence name Dawn actually heard her say all employees of MAS are just nothing but dumb monkeys. I work there to make extra money but I would strongly advise anyone working there as a RN as there are so many other nursing agencies that are so much better than MAS.
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Office staff and managers.
Good People to Work for.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 4, 2016
The people that work here are good with the L.N.A.'s. The most challenging part is adapting to different demands in different settings. The most enjoyable part is being a part of helping people to be happy with their daily lives.
Pros
Advanced pay when needed
i love working for an agency. they have very flexible hours.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy working for a staffing agency because I pick when and where I want to work. I love the flexibility and to know if I need time off all I have to do is say I am unavailable for those days.
Pros
flexible
Cons
sometimes no hours
Dont waste your time!
senior recruiter (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHNovember 12, 2015
The turnover is this company is outrageous. They put a lot of pressure on you. If you do not meet there quota within 3 months, they get rid of you. They claim they want to build relationships with our clients, but that can not be done within a 3 month time frame. Anyone in customer service knows this.. VP and both Allied and Nursing Managers are siblings. If you hire anyone within that 3 month period, they keep those clients after getting rid of you. Seems like the only people making any money is this place are the managers, their relatives and their friends they hire. Management also frowns if you take anytime off. Stay away from this company!
Fun staff! Always make you feel like a part of the team!
LNA (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 7, 2015
I have worked for agencies before and this one is by far the best! From start to finish everyone was friendly and professional. They always seem to be excited about the work they can recommend for their employees. They also understand whenever I would have issues because they have all worked as health care professionals. If you're looking for an employer that treats you like an individual not just another name...work here!
Pros
Employee Incentives / Bonuses
Horrendous Place to work, unprofessional, and lackluster management
bhp (Former Employee) –  lewistonJune 22, 2015
Worked for less than a month

Took 7 weeks for a background check

took 3 weeks to be paid first time when supposedly was a bi weekly check

second pay check didnt arrive until I already had my next job and my first paycheck there!

had to track down anyone at all with any link to human resources

one client which took 3 weeks after hire to set up and only potential for a 2nd with both having limited hours

horrible place to work

go SOMEWHERE else

ANYWHERE ELSE!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!!!
Fun place to work
Sr. Nursing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 7, 2015
Great place to work. Privately owned company. Really makes you feel as if you're part of the family. Company does a lot of team building events. Listens to the employee's on a better work place environment. Highly promotes work life balance.
Professional Company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 7, 2015
Had two recruiters who did their best to listen to their nurses and make them happy. Have no complaints. They do an awesome job.
They gave limited information about the clients
CoriSupervisor (Current Employee) –  Westbrook,MEMarch 22, 2015
MAS sent you with limited knowledge to a clients home with limited knowledge of the clients disability. A bit scary if you ask me!
Pros
some nice people
Cons
some very bad people
Great Company
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 17, 2015
Many perks! Love it. Shifts available for all needs. Very flexible and understanding. Coordinators are always friendly. Many trainings available at home office.
Occupational Therapist with MAS for 1 Year !
Occupational Therapist OTR/L (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2015
By working for MAS Medical Staffing I have enhanced my knowledge by networking with other skilled professionals and settings I was placed and by learning new software.

I have learned flexibility in adapting to new environments, enhanced my professional communication skills and found out I'm actually a good teacher with training of staff and assistance at each assignment I was given.

The team at MAS has been very supportive of assisting me with any problems that occur getting to the next assignment or setting up housing for your next assignment. You can call your recruiter day or night weekend or at any time for problems and or assistance that you my need.

I have achieved top pay in the industry and career advancement with added skills for my resume!!
Excellent
RN (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 1, 2015
It's been a pleasure working for MAS medical staffing, great team. Excellent communication skills. The team manager is very kind and supportive.
Excellent company, very supportive,attentive and extremely helpful
RN (Current Employee) –  MAFebruary 1, 2015
I am extremely satisfied and very happy to be working with this company. I feel very supported and anything I need I know that I can ask them at any time. Everyone at this company is helpful and knowledgeable. I have an amazing recruiter; very personable and positive! I am really happy working with MAS, they all make me feel like family:)
Pros
Supportive, helpful, positive
Cons
Not having electronic time sheets to sign online
Go elsewhere!!
almost employee (Former Employee) –  txJanuary 9, 2015
This is a recruiter agency and the largest collection of rude obnoxious people i have ever come accross. They will degrade you and laugh at you when you ask why is the pay so.low and say they know the market rate. I dealt with 3 di#erent peolpe and each was the same..quoting rates at 35%-50% lower than anyone else and telling you, you are crazy when you call them out on it. Find another recruiter there ar too many better ones who wont behave like a jacka** and be respectful to you.
Pros
they relentlessly call you with job offers
Cons
you wont take the jobs because the pay rate is riduculously low.
MAS(Moronic Assinine Satanic)
Occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  AzNovember 8, 2014
Accronym revealed. Don't work for this company. You will regret it.
Great Place
CNA - Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 26, 2014
easy to deal with clients and staff, i learned alot from other staff members
poor management, rude scheduling staff
RN (Former Employee) –  NHJune 7, 2014
Worst company I have ever worked for, scheduler is so rude, condescending, make you feel awful if you can't fill a shift for them, manager is full of himself and doesn't care about employees, felt unsafe at some home assignments but they didn't care, seem to only care about the money they make off people and seem take, heard them talking about another employee that was just there and they were trashing her, really unprofessional.... Don't work here!
Pros
higher pay
Cons
everything else. careless office staff, rude
Always helpful, always professional
RN/per Diem (Former Employee) –  Manchester NHFebruary 3, 2014
I worked multiple times for MAS throughout the years, and have found them to be excellent.
Pros
Flexible, good pay
Cons
Excellent agency, able to choose shifts and locations without issues, supportive, positive feedback
RN/per Diem staffing (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2014
MAS is a good agency to work for. I found the schedulers and the owner to be supportive, direct, and open.
I would be provided with a list of available places, and shifts to work from which I could choose. This made for a great life/work balance; especially since I was taking care of my own mother at home, and had two teenage children.
I learned to adapt quickly, and successfully to new work environments. I have always been a self-starter, so this suited me well.
Assignments often went on for quite a while (one for 6mo, another for a year) if I chose them, so I was also able to get to know some facilities, and job roles (eg: Nursing Adm. at Assisted Living) very well.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to take as many shifts as I would have liked to at times. The most enjoyable was the variety, the support, and the consistency of the assignments.
Pros
Flexibility, availablility, variety, pay
OK Job
Agency Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 22, 2014
I enjoyed the work here and learned a lot due to going to different environments each day. Found management to be 50/50 with 1 nice manager and one mean spirited manager. Work was both fun and educational. Hours were irregular and I expected that.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Last minute cancellations