MAS Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

If you consider yourself professional, this isn’t the place for you.
Field Staff (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEJanuary 13, 2018
Employees from NH, VT, and MA seem happy, but the Maine division is terribly mismanaged by people who are extremely unprofessional and underqualified. The company itself is an unorganized mess. None of these places are on the same page about anything at all. They seem to only care about making money, not individual employees. There are a few smart people that work here and actually make things run smoother, but this company is filled with rude, unprofessional, and poorly spoken people for the most part.

You can never get ahold of anybody, it takes weeks to get any issues fixed, the rules change depending on the day and depending on the person. This was a really unstructured, difficult place to work.
Pros
Some nice people, not the only agency to work for
Cons
Low pay, hard work, unprofessional people in the office, constantly having problems with pay, can never get a call ba
Awesome Company!!
Health Care Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAJanuary 11, 2018
I have greatly expanded my knowledge since working with my MAS family.. I enjoy interacting with and adding to our team! I plan to stay for a while!!!
Pros
Friendly Environment, Work of employees needs, great compensation and benefits
Cons
nothing
Job was ok; Management sucked
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 6, 2018
Could never get my schedule on time for the next week and had to deal with not knowing whether I was working until 2 hours before my shift. I liked the fact that I was working all over though.
Love the flexibility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 20, 2017
I love having a flexible schedule and being able to pick the facility I worked at I like taking time off to travel and not have to request time off you just don’t pick up shifts the time u want off
Pros
You pick your shifts and your facilities
Cons
No set schedule
Flexible. Perfect for a student
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2017
As a current ADN student, the job allows me to pick my own schedule. I am not micro-managed. I am in total control of my hours and choice of facility to work with.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No benefits. No career growth.
enjoy working with my recruiter
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHDecember 5, 2017
supportive and knowledgeable staff, available to answer questions and available to help with housing. enjoy the free stuff that they send for completing assignments.
Pros
able to take time off when needed
Cons
limited psych nursing jobs
My recruiter was awesome
Contract RN Hospital Medical/Psych, Rehab Centers (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHNovember 28, 2017
MAS is a very good company to work for. I made a lot of money working as a travel nurse with this company. I enjoy working for this company. They go out of their way to get their employees work.
Loving and fun enviroment
Certified Nurses' Aide (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RINovember 22, 2017
Working for MAS is very convenient and reliable. Most places that you go to never cancel you and they are always willing to work with your schedule. I love working for them
Just a great place to be
Registered Nurse - Travel (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed this assignment. The people there went out of their way to make me comfortable. They taught me a lot about how a great working environment could be, even thought we were in the basement. Their caring even overflowed to after hours.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Winter
staff very caring and compassionate.. Management very fair..
Travel Nurse (Current Employee) –  New HampshireNovember 6, 2017
The recruiters and managers were always on top of things and very honestou .. Pay was always on time and correct... Recruiter works hard and all very nice
Pros
Friendly hard working staff
MAS medical staffing
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAOctober 21, 2017
I enjoy working for mas medical staffing agency because I pick when and what town I want to work. I love the flexibility they gave you ,and to know if I need time off all I have to do is say I am unavailable for those days and my schedule can be adjusted makes it so much easier.

The office staff are always helpful when i call.
Pros
You can pick your own hours
Cons
Lots of driving can be involved.
Great pay and great hours
Boss- Sara (Former Employee) –  Bangor, ME 04401October 4, 2017
Worled for mas for almost 2 years and loved every minute. I got great pay and any hours I wanted. Also got pto which was paid at the same rate I get paid hourly.
Pros
Amazing pay
Cons
Not guarenteed hours
daily routine
Senior Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIOctober 1, 2017
making or receiving several calls from facilities and/or staff. Team Work. Busy environment very professional. Staff are dependable and represent us well.
Excellent
Physical Therapist Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 7, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Many of opportunities. Great recruiters. I would highly recommend working for MAS medical staffing. There are lots of travel agencies seeking employees and this one is the best. They are easy to be in contact with and value all of there employees.
September 13, 2017

Thank you for this glowing review of both our Medical Staffing and Home Care units! Our management team prides itself in being open and approachable, allowing for employee success. We’re excited to see you feel the same!

September 15, 2017

Thanks for leaving a review about your experience working with MAS! Our staff truly cares about our travelers' needs and they never stop looking for the perfect placement. We're excited to continue working with you!

No complaints
LPN Per Diem (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 4, 2017
Great communication and easy to pick up shifts. I've been with MAS for over a year and intend to keep the per diem position. Understanding when I am unavailable, which is so important because I have a full time job also.
Amazing company
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 17, 2017
MAS medical staffing and home care is by far one of the best company's that I have ever worked for. Staff is amazing, always willing to help. The management is unlike any other I have ever dealt with in the past. They are very easy to communicate with and extremely understanding. Always concerned about their employees. You can tell that you aren't just a number to them and that they actually value you as an employee. Its extremely important to love your job seeing it is where you spend the majority of your time. I would recommend anyone to this company. Amazing opportunities and a company full of Growth!
Pros
Great benefits, awesome staff, good pay, great hours
Cons
I cant think of any!!

Wonderful place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 30, 2017
I have always enjoyed working for this company. When a problem arose the staff have your back. I had a life emergency and the manager in the Worcester office was amazing. WOULD RECOMMEND!
Pros
daily pay, great pay, innovative
Cons
no health insurance
September 13, 2017

This is such a great example of the family-like atmosphere at MAS! Thanks for the review; we’re happy you had an awesome experience with your office manager!

Resourceful, helpful, and great place to work!
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Machias, MEJuly 19, 2017
MAS Community Health is an environment in which we strive to help people achieve the unthinkable! it is an exceptional place to work! Come in and apply and see the endless opportunities that you can have and experience what you can offer to others through our company and you will be amazed!
Pros
Trainings, Benefits, Being Part of a Team
Cons
Hours Can fluxuate being in the field
September 13, 2017

Thank you for such a great review! We love to think of our environment as a place where all employees can grow and thrive.

Great place to work!
DON (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 6, 2017
I have worked for Mas for 3 years and could not be happier ! Management is very open to hearing suggestions and to getting more benefits for their employees I love working for this amazing company !
Pros
Supportive administration
September 13, 2017

Our current employees are our greatest reference point for how we’re doing as a company! This review is an awesome way to recognize our management team and our open culture – thanks!

MAS Medical staffing
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIJuly 3, 2017
I haven't been working for this company for long, but so far so good! The communication between the staff coordinators and myself has been great. The respond quickly. They have tried to keep me close to home and even though I took something further away than normal they check in with me every week.
September 13, 2017

We’re excited to hear that you’re having a great experience with MAS so far! We value the relationships between our travelers and staff which shines through in reviews like these.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAS Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.