MAS Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

friendly people
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 24, 2017
Mas is a great company to work for . its a great agency. they work well with getting the schedule you need. they have this amazing MAS rewards me program where you earn point and can go shopping for all types of different things. its overall I great friendly company.
I love it!
LNA (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 1, 2017
I love working for agency! It's great! They really try hard to work for a schedule that YOU want! The hardest part of the job is not knowing anyone when you walk into a new facility but you get past it!
Bonus
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minera spring RIMarch 29, 2017
Nice team always ready to meet up with the needs of their clients any time any day and they treat their employees with respect even though you are working for them
Great, Fun company
Nurse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMarch 27, 2017
This is a great, young company that pushes you to new levels. It is a high stress job but the company compensates with a relaxing yet fun environment. Management is here to assist in any ways and we really celebrate hitting our goals both inside and outside of work.
Pros
Fun, Rewarding, Great pay
Cons
Healthcare benefits, no 401K match
very nice and precise
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIMarch 8, 2017
This is so great I think others could benefit from learning about it. Can I share your work at our team meeting/with my peers/with my boss,
You set a high bar with this one.
This showcases you are a role model and leader in our organization.
Great company
Backroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMarch 2, 2017
MAS works to grow the company with qualified, professional personnel and clients. Rewards hard work with extras. Great, fun environment. It's like a family. Always a pleasure to come to work in the morning.
Pros
Pleasant work environment. Bonuses.
Great supportive staff
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 2, 2017
I have and would continue to recommend working with MAS Medical Staffing. It was a great learning opportunity to be contracted at various different facilities (environments). The management was very supportive and approachable. The hardest part was when there wasn't something in the "pipeline" that worked for my schedule and having a gap in employment waiting for something to open up...which very rarely happened though...
Poor Company and communication
Information Security Auditor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2017
This staffing company especially the President/Owner will be nice in signing you into a contract. Than he will ask for a lumpsum to get out of it. A poor agency that had bad ethics. Most of the accounts payables are way beyond the N30 terms. They are always late.

As a company they might be good in medical staffing but do not understand technology recruitment.They are not a professional company.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Contracts
pretty good agency sometimes the scheduler doesnt answer you thou
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 29, 2016
its a regular day as a cna, get paid pretty well. can sometimes be stressful but the pay compantes for that. hardest part is the last minute requests. co- workers can be great or horrible.
Good company
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 13, 2016
MAS is a very good company to work for although they do need a little work with so by up employees schedules. Some carrots you could have a full 10_12 hour days when others could only consist of 4.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not very good hours
Rn
RN (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RI 02904September 18, 2016
Worked at MAS for 6 years as a RN and management is horrible. Management could care less about their employees. My paycheck was always short which took weeks to fix. One of my weekly paychecks bounced at the bank and they never pay my over draft fees. If you use MAS for a job reference they will not book you any shifts for a week or 2 as punishment. The unit manager in North Providence name Dawn actually heard her say all employees of MAS are just nothing but dumb monkeys. I work there to make extra money but I would strongly advise anyone working there as a RN as there are so many other nursing agencies that are so much better than MAS.
Pros
Daily pay
Cons
Office staff and managers.
Good place to work for, good pay, interesting assignments.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEApril 8, 2016
MAS placed me in several area nursing homes, occasionally they would send me up north to work, and I would stay over night. Communication with the office was good. Hours were usually plentiful and pay was good, I especially liked the daily pay. There were also bonuses paid for every 1000 hours worked. Working for this agency also gave me the opportunity to try out several facilities before deciding where I wanted to work.
Pros
Good pay, travel expenses. Supportive office staff
Cons
Lack of room for advancement, poor communication at times, few benefits.
Good People to Work for.
Licensed Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 4, 2016
The people that work here are good with the L.N.A.'s. The most challenging part is adapting to different demands in different settings. The most enjoyable part is being a part of helping people to be happy with their daily lives.
Pros
Advanced pay when needed
i love working for an agency. they have very flexible hours.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Providence, RIJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy working for a staffing agency because I pick when and where I want to work. I love the flexibility and to know if I need time off all I have to do is say I am unavailable for those days.
Pros
flexible
Cons
sometimes no hours
Dont waste your time!
senior recruiter (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHNovember 12, 2015
The turnover is this company is outrageous. They put a lot of pressure on you. If you do not meet there quota within 3 months, they get rid of you. They claim they want to build relationships with our clients, but that can not be done within a 3 month time frame. Anyone in customer service knows this.. VP and both Allied and Nursing Managers are siblings. If you hire anyone within that 3 month period, they keep those clients after getting rid of you. Seems like the only people making any money is this place are the managers, their relatives and their friends they hire. Management also frowns if you take anytime off. Stay away from this company!
Fun staff! Always make you feel like a part of the team!
LNA (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 7, 2015
I have worked for agencies before and this one is by far the best! From start to finish everyone was friendly and professional. They always seem to be excited about the work they can recommend for their employees. They also understand whenever I would have issues because they have all worked as health care professionals. If you're looking for an employer that treats you like an individual not just another name...work here!
Pros
Employee Incentives / Bonuses
Horrendous Place to work, unprofessional, and lackluster management
bhp (Former Employee) –  lewistonJune 22, 2015
Worked for less than a month

Took 7 weeks for a background check

took 3 weeks to be paid first time when supposedly was a bi weekly check

second pay check didnt arrive until I already had my next job and my first paycheck there!

had to track down anyone at all with any link to human resources

one client which took 3 weeks after hire to set up and only potential for a 2nd with both having limited hours

horrible place to work

go SOMEWHERE else

ANYWHERE ELSE!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE!!!
Fun place to work
Sr. Nursing Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJune 7, 2015
Great place to work. Privately owned company. Really makes you feel as if you're part of the family. Company does a lot of team building events. Listens to the employee's on a better work place environment. Highly promotes work life balance.
Professional Company
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 7, 2015
Had two recruiters who did their best to listen to their nurses and make them happy. Have no complaints. They do an awesome job.
They gave limited information about the clients
CoriSupervisor (Current Employee) –  Westbrook,MEMarch 22, 2015
MAS sent you with limited knowledge to a clients home with limited knowledge of the clients disability. A bit scary if you ask me!
Pros
some nice people
Cons
some very bad people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MAS Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.