Masco Employee Reviews

it's a job no more no less
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 20, 2017
It's a job, very hot in the summer so if you can't take a hot work environment this is not for you. That being said I felt from some of the leads and up to upper management where full of themselves and looked down on the lower position workers. The point system is a joke Masco gives points out like holloween candy I'm not kidding. One more thing they always during the holidays have an extended 8 to 10 days off only payed for the holiday that sucked the other day's not paid. So there it is I worked 3.5 years there. Pay was not that good either.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
heat, management, pay
Manufacturing
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYMarch 26, 2017
Masco is a steady workplace with growing opportunity. Long hours are being addressed. Many positions available. Employees are great.
Upper management needs to let lower salary employees enjoy life outside of Masco.
Pros
Steady work. Great people.
Cons
Long hours. Even a salary person works extended hours away from family.
decent place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  USDecember 18, 2016
Excellent benefits, cost of living raise every year generally. Not a very good balance between life and work, but they do have company events such as picnics and holiday movies.
benefits
Cons
management
Great company and benefits!
District Representative/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
Enjoyed assisting customers, building displays, training sales associates. Management was always very pleasant to work with. Benefits package was great
My Review
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 16, 2016
Good people,good money. Better management and policies wouldn't hurt its production at all. They need to do away with stupid policies,they lose too many good workers, make shifts 8 hours instead of 7.5 hours and more air circulation would be a God sent.
Pros
Good money and benefits. Great co-workers.
Cons
Very hot work enviorment, only two breaks in a normal shift, and their absentee policy needs to be modified a bit.
fast paced and good people
Vacuum for opperator (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIAugust 10, 2016
Hot but manageable and they help with ice ect.. learned how to work in a group here as well as give orders, decent pay and great hrs.
Pros
great break room and 401k match
Cons
deadlines
Great company to work for but management is questionable
Senior Product & Design Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 2, 2017
Even though a whole department has made comments about management, nothing changes. Was told to make it work, they are your boss. How do you expect an employee to be happy working there when you voice a complaint and nothing happens. Yet, the whole department has voiced the same complaint. Does not make for a happy work enviroment.
Go to work, put your time in and leave.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Favortism
fun work envirement
Kraft Maid Cabinets (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 9, 2016
good fun working environment, co- workers where great to work with easy to get along with. we where like a family if somebody needed help there was one of us always there to help them.
Pros
good benifits, work partys where always fun.
Cons
to bad the ecomomy was bad and they closed the doors.
Awesome pay and benefits
Quality Assurance Class B Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INMay 28, 2016
This was a great place to work with fantastic pay scales and benefits. There was ample training for every job. There weren't many times that I was forced to work overtime. Most overtime was voluntary.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
There really weren't any cons at this place.
Very large corporation with multiple channels.
Senior Graphic Designer, Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJDecember 13, 2016
I had a very challenging and enjoyable experience working at Masco Cabinetry. This company had an awesome team that made my work environment easy to manage.
Pros
Multiple channels
Cons
Too many changes in management affecting the company's culture.
In limited time, I feel I've made a big impact
Student Internship (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 6, 2016
A typical day of work included me scanning papers, entering in data on Microsoft Excel, working on spreadsheets, cleaning out supply rooms, etc..I learned a lot while working at Masco, most having to do with Microsoft Excel and working on a computer. Management is great, my supervisors always seemed to care and would offer assistance if i needed it. The hardest part of the job was probably having to work on long assignments that would span say upon days to finish. The most enjoyable part was simply me leaning something new or getting feedback. although assignments were often repetitive, I enjoyed when I got to work on something I've never seen before.
I was a temp
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Lapeer, MIOctober 28, 2016
I didn't work here long I was getting close to my 90 days so I thought I was getting hired in. Showed up to work and not many people were there and they said only permanent employees work when it's slow so I showed up to work and didn't even know I was laid off until I got there. The pay was very low but it was an easy job. Maybe management has changed since then but I didn't have a good experience. It just would have been nice to know I was laid off.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Pay, communication
Decent place to work.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  217 Lamoka Road Sayre PennsylvaniaSeptember 16, 2016
Good, hard, fast-paced labor. Supervisors are power hungry and inappropriate at times. A couple people I worked with got fired for really no reason. Supervisors sucks, but pay is decent.
Pros
Good culture.
Cons
Bad management.
No consideration for employees
Senior Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Fired 1,400 people and closed the plant because they wanted "to take the company in a different direction." Refused to consider an employee buyout even with a "non compete" clause. Refused to see the plant to another company. Just threw all 1,400 people out in a county of just 22,000.
Not so great
Head Barista at The Mix (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 13, 2017
Learned how to make espresso drinks but the management and pay was not great for how much you are forced to do on a daily basis, do not recommend working here if you cannot take hard criticism.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
short lunches, mean staff, bad engagement
No Go
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAMarch 18, 2017
In my opinion I have seen a lot of favoritism. Management is picked by each other not by there qualifications. If you get put in a position there is no room for you to improve your self unless your part of their click.
Pros
Lots of Over time
Cons
to much micro management
GLASS INSTALLER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 1, 2017
Very good place to work at. Employees are nice and the company is very flexible with time management. As an online college student, my time there was very well managed. Pay is by piece after the first month and it is a very good job!
Unwilling to work with others
Temp Data Entry Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 23, 2016
Masco as a company I cannot judge, the vendor company that I had a chance to work with was not a very welcoming environment.
A typical day at work would include providing a pleasant and warming smile when clients entered as well as answering phones, data-entry of insulation supplies for homeowners and general building contractors.As a Data-Entry specialist and receptionist,my job was also to enter payroll weekly, assist management within other departments when needed.
Management during times did not provide such a pleasant experience. ie; part of management would show signs of anger-management issues by throwing items and cursing which would make it difficult to work within the environment or for anyone to show they cared to work with the company. It was the most intense experience I've experienced within a company.
safeplaceto work
helper (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAOctober 20, 2016
it was a good place to work with long hours and i was able to suport my family.Everyone at this company was very helpful and worker as a team
Pros
good work enviorment safe
Cons
Good place to work but not much money
Slick Line Helper (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Masco but had a great opportunity at Baker Hughes. The money wasn't good but job security was. I learned a lot about the oil field there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masco. Our community is ready to answer.