Masco Employee Reviews

Loved working for this company. Great place!
Insulator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 11, 2016
Great company to work for. The hardest part of the job was loading houses, everything else was simple. The workers all worked together, and were great people.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
A great experience with a twist
Intern (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 6, 2015
Reading this a person could wonder how I've been working at a fortune 500 company since I was 14. Before I get into that, a typical day of work for me would be arriving at around 8am on a Friday, meeting with my supervisor and finding out what my next assignment is. Usually I would work on editing spreadsheets or scanning certain files into the computer. Management has always been great at Masco and my supervisors always seem to care. The hardest part of my job would be having to sit through some of the repetitive assignments. The most enjoyable would be discovering new things, like new ways to work on spreadsheets or finding easier ways to do things.

I have this job because of my highschool. They have a corporate work study program that allows all students to receive a job at the age of 14. I am currently 17 and a senior at my highschool. We work at our jobs once a week.
Pros
Job experience, Learning new skills, activities
Cons
Slow days sometimes that bring repetitive work
fast pace
logistics (Former Employee) –  Waverly, OHOctober 31, 2015
non stop fast pace from start of the work day till the end. some of the computer work was hard to get used to for keeping shipping orders in order
Work from 7AM to 5PM or longer. Have to see customers and schedule their jobs in customer's time frame which is difficult due to lack of installers.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, MASeptember 29, 2015
It was difficult to meet customers needs as they do not have enough resources to keep up with sales orders. Hard to keep the builders on schedule as they need installations on specific dates.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and being able to make my own appointments and schedule my day as I wanted.
Pros
Fredom to work indepedently.
Cons
Trying to meet customer needs.
good company currently on the move
Sales Manager/Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 24, 2015
Masco is a very ethical company to work for. They pride themselves in being fair. I have worked for 2 different Masco companies and liked each for different reasons. The first allowed me to work on a team and the second to work on my own. I experienced much success in both.
not good at all
stick layer (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAAugust 5, 2015
i worked here for longer than expected only because the money was decent enough and i lived close.this was not a very good place to make a career.
Help w/ day to day activities while mainly focusing on my customers and improving sales growth
Builder Sales Representative-Colorado (Current Employee) –  ColoradoAugust 1, 2015
fast paced w/ great people working with you. Large company overall but the local group is small and works as a team. I mainly focused on day to day sales and building a strong relationship w/ my customer base while also expanding my customer base as required.
Pros
good team environment
Cons
lots of changes
Operation employees unappreciated;corporate employees rewarded
manager (Current Employee) –  floridaJuly 7, 2015
Masco Contractor Services- the employees who actually install the products and do all of the actual work of the organization are unappreciated.

Employees have to work 60+ hours to earn decent money with productivity pay programs.

Company had to schedule employee appreciation day otherwise managers would not take the time to say thanks.

New hires benefits are poor- no training department, no handbook, benefits expensive, vacation limited.

Executives change direction by competitors ideas instead of the other way around. Everyone afraid of losing their job as so many people have been laid off due to constant restructuring.

New managers have to wait 2 years to receive 2 weeks of vacation. Corporate thinks that benefits are amazing and corporate is so out of tough with the reality of operations. They pop out in the field for photo ops but do not want to spend any money to make changes that field really wants and will impact the crazy high turnover.
Pros
discount on installation and products
Cons
corporate out of touch, constant change and revert to previous ways
Very Physical Demanding Job.
Insulation Instalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJuly 1, 2015
Day starts at 6:30 am.
Get your schedule of which houses you have to insulate then load up in the truck that was assigned to you. Drive to the location on your paper work and proceed to check if area is available to be worked on. Unload all the insulation and check the houses/building to determine how much insulation you will need. Work until 9-10:30 am because you are required to take a 30 minute lunch before 11:00 am and also a 15 minute break before that. Keep working until 2:30 pm which is the official end of the day, unless you are close to finishing insulating you have to keep working until it is done. Lots of overtime even days when you work until 5:30 pm. You do get paid for drive time. At the end of the day you calculate how much insulation you have used and write down your footage separate from anyone else footage. Return to the warehouse and turn in your paper work, tell the manager about any issues the house/building had and if someone will need to go with different material to correct it.
Pros
Paid for Driving time. Lots of overtime.
Cons
Short lunch and breaks. Very physically demanding. Very hard learning curve
Fair work fair pay
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PAJuly 1, 2015
The company is good to the people, the factory is of newer construction and plenty of training.
It bis kept pretty clean considering it is a woodworking company with a lot of sawdust.
Co-workers are eager to help people and easy to get along with.
Pros
Got the shift I asked for.
This company really helped me grow and come out of my shell
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJune 24, 2015
Learning to make collection calls and discrepancies helps your confidents and is rewarding when goals are accomplished. Most of my co-workers were a great group of people to work with.
I have enjoyed this company and working for them.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Metamora, MIJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at Masco for the challenge and experience that i had while working this position.I have resolved few issues that were for the benefit for the company.I am a people person, got along with all personal and co-workers alike.My typical day at work was general cleaning duties, to include and maintain the place i felt so passionate about.
Pros
Amazing managment, and great co-workers
Cons
strainuous work well worth it
Great group of people to work with....learning is a way of life with Masco....Improve everything everyday...that's a good thing!
Continuous Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros
Solid Company
Cons
Training program
Good, Clean and well equipped atmosphere
SENIOR MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJune 2, 2015
I wasn't looking for this job it found me through a customer of mine. I really enjoyed working there the projects where fun and I got to be creative and learn about the home building industry.
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
my whole department got eliminated
Tax Intern
Sales and Use, and Property Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  tylorMay 25, 2015
Prepared and filed 300+ returns dealing with sales, use, and transit tax

Contacted government officials in order to solve notices

Prepared and reviewed 600+ property tax returns of varying degrees of complexity‚ Analyzed tax assessments and liabilities to identify excessive assessments, and improper tax classification ‚ Analyzed tax bills to determine proper tax year and tax site accounting
Friendly co workers, very knowledgeable bosses.
Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLMay 21, 2015
Answering the phone to give computer support to internal customers. Configure and modify Cisco Routers and Switches configuration according to engineers instructions.
Pros
I learned a lot in that place, very nice company to work for.
Cons
no cons
Potentially a great place to work because of a few managers!
Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Middlefield, OHMay 17, 2015
I respected the immediate management and held them in high esteem as they always backed me and trusted me on projects that were critical to the functioning of the plant. The mistakes were not highlighted to belittle a person but rather to discuss and make improvements so that they were not repeated. Things were much better before the merger and the financial downturn, but I am sure that the management is beginning to get a handle on the situation. It would have been even better if the management were to able to keep their most loyal and hard working employees from quitting after the merger.

All in all, I learned a lot during my time at Masco and made some good friends and I wish the company and its employees continued success in the market place.
Pros
immediate management, factory workers, open door policy, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
dependent on disposable income, high turnover rate, executive management (around 2012), some one-dimensional thinking
A great company to work for.
Production & Office Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 1, 2015
Day to day office duties
I learned alot about the budgeting,controlling and maintaining inventory .
Management was a big part of the team.
Enjoyed all my co workers. We were a team that worked very well together on a day to day.
Meeting the demands and needs of subcontractors
Working with the Masco team and being able to please our customers
Pros
Great people to work with .
Good culture, future uncertain
Operations (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 21, 2015
Good culture, significant change in management philosophy in 2014, unsure what company's direction is. History of being a "great place to work", now the future is uncertain.
Pros
Good culture and environment to work in
Cons
Changing management and direction hasn't been clearly communicated
Overall Masco was a good company to work for.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 20, 2015
MCS is undergoing many changes. I believe they will be a good company to work for when they make it through the transition.