Masco

Masco Employer Reviews

Great Pay
Assistant Superviser (Current Employee), Middlefield, OHJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: hard work
This job is a high stress work environment. It's not for weak minded people. With that said I've lasted 12 years there and made it to the highest paid position. my typical work day starts with printing a list of cabinets. Than I go to my two lines and fine the cabinets that need to ship first. Although that sounds very easy its not some are down at – more... the end of the line and need to be fixed, which I fix them and get them in a box to be shipped that's easy. the others I need to hunt down threw out the plant which is very large. So I look at the list and call the supervisors from that area and find out where the parts are and when I would expect them once all the parts arrive I have the builders put them on the line to build. while im waiting for the parts to arrive I am fixing other cabinets that are not meeting quality standers. I normally have to fix around 200 cabinets a shift while im trying to find and get out late cabinets that trucks are waiting on. I have to run the shipping list every two hours to make sure the late cabinets are out the door, if they don't make it out the door in time it cost Masco 700 dollars a hour so I make sure the late ones are out in time. – less
Dublin location is the worst
AR SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Dublin, caJuly 26, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: low pay, poor management, no company structure
Working in the AR billing department is a set up for failure position. The pay is not good at all especially for a bachelor degree requirement. The company is disconnected with corporate office. Save your time and stay away from MASCO especially the Dublin location. Promises are told but not delivered. They chew you up and spit you out.
Nice people
Windows Engineer (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJuly 13, 2014
nice people, friendly, great work life balance, great management
Retrofit Sales/Account Manager (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 12, 2014
Learned a lot about the industry as a whole. Management was helpful. Little to no raised. Maxed out in pay very early on in my career. Decent benefits. Not too much room for advancement.
hard work place get to work with wood
manufacuring (Former Employee), Sayre, PAJuly 2, 2014
lots of fun easy to do kind poeple good place I like to work with wood
had they not closed the doors I would probably be still employed there
Top Builder of cabinets (Former Employee), Waverly, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: we had free lunches until taken away/ we had ymca benefits until taken away
Cons: displaced workers, jobs, discontinued benefits.
I really enjoyed my job and most all of my co workers I feel i was easy to get along with./a 7-3 job sometimes I volunteered to work over and I volunteered a lot when our hours were way down/i liked my job.I learned that nothing last forever and you have to take the positive with the negative and find a happy medium between the 2 and work with or around – more... if that benefits your life the best. not much to say about management in this work area. I would have loved to be a lead for the company.but they were displaced often so i was also ok being where I was. i loved my co workers, i can have fun no matter where i work or who i work with once i get used to their likes and dislikes so i can have fun but also have respect for the more serious worker that don't like to have fun. The hardest part of the job was not knowing for sure if you were gonna get an 8 hour day or a 4 hour day.or if when you go to work if they were going to displace your line and seperate all the ones whom became your work family. or if they were gonna shut the doors and walk everyone out. the family events that they had like kings island for the family discounted tickets for ball games etc. and that i knew i had medical coverage as long as i had my job, – less
seeking a career where i can utilize my experience conbinded with my education
Office Manager (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: working with clients and co workers
Cons: traveling in bumper to bumper traffic to get to work
when you have been working with a company for some many years you think you have learned just about everthing there is to know, but not in this case it seems as there is something new everyday.
great clean super fun chance to live middle class
Panel saw group / CNC Operator (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare, perks for quality. pay
Cons: laid off 4 times
employee meeting everyday to go over agenda and employees ideas the go out start Machine to make sure it was running properly. enter computer program I wanted to use and work very hard for 12hrs. I learned how a fortune 500 company operates Lean Manufacturing, JIT, FIFO, Lock out tag out. Management was excellent and I learned how it worked. co-workers – more... were excellent. the hardest part of the job was 12 hrs a day 7 days a week. the most enjoyable part of the job was being apart of such a great company and being proud of where I worked. – less
Great, challenging and rewarding job
Inventory Accountant - Lead (Former Employee), Fair Haven, NJMay 13, 2014
Pros: meals during extended work days. very responsive managers.
Cons: they relocated hq to florida! that's the only con.
One of the better jobs I've had. Both the Accounting Manager and the Project Manager who helped in the Inventory Accounting unit were great mentors. The days were long and sometimes hard, but we were at the very least recognized for our work by our managers. Co-workers were a mixed bag, but the branches we dealt with were far and away more challenging. – more... The systems were changed due to SOX auditing and there was a lot of conversations with Branch Managers in order to hammer out understandings as to why things were being done differently and how to best get information we needed.

The hardest part was the hours, especially during close. 65 to 70 and beyond were the norm. But the atmosphere was not oppressive and my managers were right there with us every step of the way, putting in time as well - that means a lot. – less
Good learning environment
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 1, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers
Regular work days were productive. More than adequate responsibilities to keep busy. Various projects to be a part of. Great learning experience with the use of excel.
management uses power unethically/unprofessionally
worker (Former Employee), riverside,caApril 30, 2014
Pros: weekly check
Cons: no time for breaks, no raises, horrible management
Work you extra hard, no compensation
good learning experience.
Supervisors use power for personal benefit and not companies.
Active job where you are doing something different daily
Manufacture Sales Rep (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2014
• Conducted daily store calls organizing in-store merchandising and point of purchase material
• Implemented MASCO training modules for Home Depot Designers
• Regularly negotiate contracts to meet client’s specific needs. Involved in daily operations, planning and logistical support to manage and complete all customer and store requests.
• Work directly – more... with 60 designers, management staff, clients and sub-contractors in a team environment to develop a working plan for an overall cohesive design
• Plan and conduct regular property inspections in a professional manner; design and utilize sales support materials to showcase the diversity of our products.
• Dedicated to maintaining a high level of company loyalty and optimistic attitude while accepting the additional responsibility of conducting in-depth service training with new design members. – less
Great for medical field work
Customer Service Representative / MASCO (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2014
Great oppurtunity to get started in the medical field as a customer service agent.
Would never accept another position here unless extremely desperate
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 24, 2014
Easy to see why turnover is so high. While at work at the call center are not allowed any drinks other than water, are discouraged from talking to coworkers, and even during downtime are discouraged from doing something as simple as a crossword puzzle to keep your mind occupied. Only thing missing is chains keeping you at the desk.
Great company to work for.
FIELD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Mooresville, NCMarch 16, 2014
Employed by this company for the last seven years. Enjoyed training and sales.
Lies lies Lies
Insulation Specialist (Current Employee), South JerseyMarch 16, 2014
Pros: hours are semi decent
Cons: everything
Company lured me in under false pretences. Promised that after 90 days pay would change, 5 months later still no pay increase, moved my entire family only to be given the run around, no organization and lack of management. If there are no jobs lined up, they don't call you into work, its like your an immigrant just waiting for work as it comes. It's – more... not a full time gig and you can not really grow with this company or survive with the pay they offer, yet expect the most from you and for you to continue to wait. No one ever has answers about anything that you ask about. they always pass the buck. – less
Great if you just want a paycheck
Sales (Current Employee), Barrington, NJFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: it's money
Cons: name something that isn't...
If you're salary, beware. You will have a strong choke hold by management to do their bidding...whenever and wherever.

I live, breathe, eat work.

Pay is average, slightly below in some departments. Two of my coworkers have not received raised in 9+ years.

Management gets paid to answer email and divert problems.
Productive fast pace
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good benifits good pay
Cons: lots of driving
On the go getting jobs done.
some thsng new all the time.
good to work with.
team players
all of the driving
getting the job done
Great place to work until my branch was closed
Countertop Template Technician (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJDecember 17, 2013
Masco was a great company to work for until my branch closed down seven months after I started working there.
Public Company - very strenuous working environment.
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 4, 2013
Pros: larger organization room for growth in knowledge and experience
Cons: long working hours and lack of appreciation communicated by upper management
A typical work day would be coding of AP invoices. Analysis of balance sheet accounts to ensure proper posting and balances. Working with assigned divisions on purchase order corrections and expense analysis.
This experience helped me to better understand the general ledger. It was the stepping stone to help me grow and learn more of the upper levels – more... to the accounting function. I learned more of the financial package and how to best review the Trial Balance, Balance Sheet and Income Statement. This also helped me to understand the importance of budget to actual comparison.
Management was hard at times to work with. This organization endured an extremely high turnover rate including within the management structure. While employed there I was assigned several different managers and all had different working outlooks. Having to adhere and adjust with the change was at times difficult, what one manager wanted would not necessarily be what the new manager did.
The co-workers were also different as the turnover was high in this area as well. I was heavily involved with the training process within the general ledger department and therefore worked closely with many of the employees. This experience helped me to better understand the various types of employees a company can have, which in turn helped me to better acclimate to their needs and how best to deal with them individually and within a group.
The hardest part of the job was the long hours and constant demands for improvement. It was perceived as expected and very seldom showed appreciation by the management which in turn made for a tense working environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the many people within the department. Learning the ins and outs of the general ledger and accounting functions from start to finish. – less

1 2 3 4

About Masco

Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading – Read more