Masco

Masco Employee Reviews

This company really helped me grow and come out of my shell
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Adrian, MIJune 24, 2015
Learning to make collection calls and discrepancies helps your confidents and is rewarding when goals are accomplished. Most of my co-workers were a great group of people to work with.
I have enjoyed this company and working for them.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Metamora, MIJune 22, 2015
Pros: Amazing managment, and great co-workers
Cons: strainuous work well worth it
I enjoyed working at Masco for the challenge and experience that i had while working this position.I have resolved few issues that were for the benefit for the company.I am a people person, got along with all personal and co-workers alike.My typical day at work was general cleaning duties, to include and maintain the place i felt so passionate about.
Great group of people to work with....learning is a way of life with Masco....Improve everything everyday...that's a good thing!
Continuous Improvement Analyst (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJune 12, 2015
Pros: Solid Company
Cons: Training program
Good, Clean and well equipped atmosphere
SENIOR MACHINIST (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJune 2, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: my whole department got eliminated
I wasn't looking for this job it found me through a customer of mine. I really enjoyed working there the projects where fun and I got to be creative and learn about the home building industry.
Tax Intern
Sales and Use, and Property Tax Intern (Former Employee), tylorMay 25, 2015
Prepared and filed 300+ returns dealing with sales, use, and transit tax

Contacted government officials in order to solve notices

Prepared and reviewed 600+ property tax returns of varying degrees of complexity‚ Analyzed tax assessments and liabilities to identify excessive assessments, and improper tax classification ‚ Analyzed tax bills to determine proper tax year and tax site accounting
Friendly co workers, very knowledgeable bosses.
Network Support Technician (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: I learned a lot in that place, very nice company to work for.
Cons: no cons
Answering the phone to give computer support to internal customers. Configure and modify Cisco Routers and Switches configuration according to engineers instructions.
Potentially a great place to work because of a few managers!
Plant Engineer (Former Employee), Middlefield, OHMay 17, 2015
Pros: immediate management, factory workers, open door policy, flexible schedule, benefits
Cons: dependent on disposable income, high turnover rate, executive management (around 2012), some one-dimensional thinking
I respected the immediate management and held them in high esteem as they always backed me and trusted me on projects that were critical to the functioning of the plant. The mistakes were not highlighted to belittle a person but rather to discuss and make improvements so that they were not repeated. Things were much better before the merger and the financial downturn, but I am sure that the management is beginning to get a handle on the situation. It would have been even better if the management were to able to keep their most loyal and hard working employees from quitting after the merger.

All in all, I learned a lot during my time at Masco and made some good friends and I wish the company and its employees continued success in the market place.
A great company to work for.
Production & Office Manager / Supervisor (Former Employee), Wenatchee, WAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with .
Cons: none
Day to day office duties
I learned alot about the budgeting,controlling and maintaining inventory .
Management was a big part of the team.
Enjoyed all my co workers. We were a team that worked very well together on a day to day.
Meeting the demands and needs of subcontractors
Working with the Masco team and being able to please our customers
Good culture, future uncertain
Operations (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good culture and environment to work in
Cons: Changing management and direction hasn't been clearly communicated
Good culture, significant change in management philosophy in 2014, unsure what company's direction is. History of being a "great place to work", now the future is uncertain.
Overall Masco was a good company to work for.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), OklahomaApril 20, 2015
MCS is undergoing many changes. I believe they will be a good company to work for when they make it through the transition.
Good learning experience
Line Maintenance Intern (Former Employee), Romulus, MIApril 20, 2015
Pros: free food, relaxing enviroment
Cons: they shut down after 35 years.
● Aircraft Dassault
Falcon 2000EX, Falcon 50, and, Embraer Phenom 300
● Logistics Created
procedures, parts and tool inventory
● Organization Computerized
Aviation Maintenance Program and authorized inspection programs
● Maintenance Routine
Airframe and Powerplant maintenance and troubleshooting
● Operations Aircraft
refueling, aircraft ground transportation and ramp operations
Easy fast paced, good pay
Factory worker (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: easy money
Cons: most bad people there especially management
Fast paced, easy to do. Most workers were lazy and wanted you to pick up there slack. Paycheck is why I came back every day there. Management always had great ideal and always blew up in there faces, so bad the plant is shut down now. Easy work just some bad people there, there was a few nice people there like how a diamond is made.
Was a good place to work.
First Shift Operator (Former Employee), Waverly, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: treated you like a person
Cons: no longer have this plant.
Was hard work, but your felt that you accomplished something at the end of the day. The people you work with you bonded with.
Great family culture
Enterprise Project Change Management Lead (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great team environment
Cons: not stable
Masco was a great place to work, they believed in team-building and had a family feel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the honesty among my co-workers and peers on my performance
Route Sales
Field Representative (Former Employee), St. CharlesFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no boss hanging on your shoulder
Cons: sets were different in every store
Merchandising/ Route Sales
PDA/ Merchandiser/Sales/ Display building/ Resets/ Plan-o-grams
Great Co-Workers
Gettting assitance from store personal
Communication with customers and store managers
Not a very good work environment
Desktop Engineering Analyst (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: management would rather have layoffs, hire new employees than keep people.
Management cycles through most employees regularly. Formal training is nearly non-existant.
Great place to work with good people
Learning Mngmt Systems Analyst / Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: bonuses, advancement opportunities
Cons: politics, clickish
I was on a team of 5 that launched a Learning Management System for employees to take mandatory Ethics courses. My daily routine was to make sure employees were taking these courses and assisting them with logging into the system. I also assisted the Instructional Designer with putting other courses in the system for 40+ business units (Domestic & European) and training them on using the system as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone in compliance so upper management would be happy! I thoroughly enjoyed this job as I interacted with many different types of people and was able to assist many with problems in the system and I felt good when issues were resolved.
good benefits
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: too much computer time
job taken over by computer time not for me worked min 10 hrs a day only break was lunch didnt have time for that most days no fun anymore just work
What a place!!!
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Culpeper,VaDecember 29, 2014
Cons: lunch and breaks are shorted by the bell
Its a factory. That's all I have to say. If you never worked a factory this is a new experience
A great opportunity to learn all aspects of maintenance
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Waverly, OHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: heathcare, 401k, decent wages
Cons: due to several plant ownership changes, job security was not provided
I performed daily maintenance and upkeep on all machinery that gave me the opportunity to learn every aspect of how machines operated. Management was very supportive with any questions I encountered. There was a diverse range of personnel that provided possibilities to enhance my people skills. The work was hard and challenging but gave me the chance to modify and fabricate machinery to produce a higher quality of product.

1 2 3 4 5

About Masco

Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading – Read more

Masco Salaries