Masco

Masco Employer Reviews

Easy fast paced, good pay
Factory worker (Former Employee), Adrian, MIMarch 12, 2015
Pros: easy money
Cons: most bad people there especially management
Fast paced, easy to do. Most workers were lazy and wanted you to pick up there slack. Paycheck is why I came back every day there. Management always had great ideal and always blew up in there faces, so bad the plant is shut down now. Easy work just some bad people there, there was a few nice people there like how a diamond is made.
Was a good place to work.
First Shift Operator (Former Employee), Waverly, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: treated you like a person
Cons: no longer have this plant.
Was hard work, but your felt that you accomplished something at the end of the day. The people you work with you bonded with.
Great family culture
Enterprise Project Change Management Lead (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great team environment
Cons: not stable
Masco was a great place to work, they believed in team-building and had a family feel. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with and the honesty among my co-workers and peers on my performance
Route Sales
Field Representative (Former Employee), St. CharlesFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no boss hanging on your shoulder
Cons: sets were different in every store
Merchandising/ Route Sales
PDA/ Merchandiser/Sales/ Display building/ Resets/ Plan-o-grams
Great Co-Workers
Gettting assitance from store personal
Communication with customers and store managers
Not a very good work environment
Desktop Engineering Analyst (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: pay was good.
Cons: management would rather have layoffs, hire new employees than keep people.
Management cycles through most employees regularly. Formal training is nearly non-existant.
Great place to work with good people
Learning Mngmt Systems Analyst / Admin. Assistant (Former Employee), Taylor, MIJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: bonuses, advancement opportunities
Cons: politics, clickish
I was on a team of 5 that launched a Learning Management System for employees to take mandatory Ethics courses. My daily routine was to make sure employees were taking these courses and assisting them with logging into the system. I also assisted the Instructional Designer with putting other courses in the system for 40+ business units (Domestic & European) and training them on using the system as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone in compliance so upper management would be happy! I thoroughly enjoyed this job as I interacted with many different types of people and was able to assist many with problems in the system and I felt good when issues were resolved.
good benefits
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: too much computer time
job taken over by computer time not for me worked min 10 hrs a day only break was lunch didnt have time for that most days no fun anymore just work
What a place!!!
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), Culpeper,VaDecember 29, 2014
Cons: lunch and breaks are shorted by the bell
Its a factory. That's all I have to say. If you never worked a factory this is a new experience
A great opportunity to learn all aspects of maintenance
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), Waverly, OHDecember 23, 2014
Pros: heathcare, 401k, decent wages
Cons: due to several plant ownership changes, job security was not provided
I performed daily maintenance and upkeep on all machinery that gave me the opportunity to learn every aspect of how machines operated. Management was very supportive with any questions I encountered. There was a diverse range of personnel that provided possibilities to enhance my people skills. The work was hard and challenging but gave me the chance to modify and fabricate machinery to produce a higher quality of product.
ups and downs
Sr. Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 3, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: breaks, management, training
It is a wonderful job in transition for something better in the future; the people you meet more then likely you will have create a tight bond with and will be able to maintain a sincere friendship; but as things change so do the atmosphere of the job; appreciation didn't feel like an appreciation anymore and the rewards became slim to known; they don't hire within which means there is no room for growth
great people to work with
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Greensburg, INNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great communication in the department from management to technicians
Daily work on PM's, Work orders, Repair all machinery Break downs to keep production moving. Funac robotics, Conveyor systems, wet systems, vacuum formers. Great communication with Maintenance Department between management and co workers
Decentralized, Entrepreneurial Workplace
Director, Global HR Practices & Compliance (Former Employee), Taylor, MINovember 24, 2014
Workplace requires individuals to be flexible and work in a complex matrix environment
Productive and easy going work enviorment
Drawer Front Assembler (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: the money was good. friendly coworkers. close to home
Cons: night shift threw off sleep schedule
Overall it was a great company to work for. The training however was not as good as it could have been. I pretty much had to learn everything on my own. Other than that I liked being a employee at Masco.
Established
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 7, 2014
Well organized and driven organization. Managed well and opens doors to different avenues.
Do not treat employees fair.
Insulator / Warehouse asst. (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 4, 2014
Pros: different jobs each day
Cons: no appreciation when completing terrible tasks in bad conditions.
A schedule is given , usually more than 8hrs, expected to be completed before the day is over, working most weekends, not knowing the condition of the job or house we are working on, removing insulation from older crawl spaces itch more, co-workers do not always agree on how to complete the task at hand.When the day is over , getting home and cleaned up is the best part of the evening.
productive in building cabinets from the ground up
Class 4 builder (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed working hard, and felt accomplished at the end of every night. this was a very rewarding job in that aspect.
Cons: this job was hard work, work that a man should be doing, a job that is hard for a woman to do.
A typical day included me grabbing end panels, frames and gluing them, and then stapling them, sliding it down the line, then jumping down to the next position and putting the back on the cabinet. At times I would have to get on the saw and cut the parts I needed for the cabinet. At other times I would hardware the cabinet, this included drilling the holes for the doors and putting rails in the cabinet for the drawers and adding any instruction booklets or packets the cabinet called for. Other times I would have to hinge the doors and get them ready to put on the cabinet, and put the heads on the drawers and then also put them in the cabinet. I was responsible for getting cabinets out of the floor that were missing parts, so that they could be completed and put on the truck. I was in charge of what they call the clean up crew, this was my responsibility to get any cabinet that was ship today out the door.
Management is clueless
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), BakersfieldOctober 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything else
How can you succeed when you have 3 changes in managent 2 levels deep in 10 months. I never talked to my direct supervisor (new and old) more than 2 times in 10 months about MY business. When it came time for my mid year review with #3 the company decided that their business model was not working for the company and they could not justify having a sales person in a territory that had such a small volume of work to chase. WTF! They changed their business model twice in 10 months. It takes time to ramp up a sales funnel people.
Masco is FUBAR. I have been is sales all my life in this industry (construction). Owned my own remodeling business for 17 years. They don't know what they are doing. Too much top heavy busy work and no thought to helping the sales team be more efficeint in what they need to do SELL!
Salaries suck. Comission programs suck. Benefits are good.
If you go to work here in sales negotiate a fat salary and no comission. That is the only way you will make money and be happy.
They average your comission based on margin. So if the truck burns down in a customers driveway (happend) and looses money. The other jobs you sold and fought for more margin to make both you and the company money get averaged out and you make 0.
It took me 6 months to even get access to a comission report to find this out, and even then they would not make it right.
Their training is horrible. You will need to have some real smarts to figure all that is Masco out on your own.I did and it was very frustrating and time consuming. I would stay away unless you really need a job that bad. There – more... are some good people here but they are in the same boat and only will tell you the truth if they trust you. The only salespeople surviving have been here for more than 10 years. Thats because when someone leaves or a divison closes (happened) they absorb the customer base and sales left behind. I had 5 sales people (as much a 300 miles away) with cusomers in my territory. They had all the low hanging fruit before I started 50% of the business. The rest did'nt like us for one reason or another,too expensive,screwed them when we left etc.
This is not disgruntled employee stuff here. I just want everyone to know what they will be getting into before they start. I wish I did.The turn over rate is pretty high for sales people. Beware. – less
It was good place to work, good pay.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), New Market, ALOctober 19, 2014
Pros: good pay, clean enviroment
Cons: bad lunch
My typical day at work was alright, I learned a lot about cutting wood, the management was ok, my co-workers were good people and the hardest part of the job was moving the carts which wasn't that hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that customers would have a cabinet or door that I cut out myself.
MRSS
District Representative (Former Employee), St Louis, MOOctober 16, 2014
Servicing Lowe's Home Improvement stores offered a direct line of communication for business units at the store level
Great work environment
Work Order Support / Administrator (Former Employee), CharlotteOctober 6, 2014
 Work Order Support / Administrator
 Maintained inventory and installer labor wages utilizing data entry via Oracle applications and Microsoft Office
 Entered and booked quotes for salespeople
 Assigned purchase orders to associated orders
 Received and created repair orders for homeowners and builders
 Assisted in planning and sustaining daily scheduling and dispatch.
 Managed filing systems for all information records of clients
 Assisted and directed calls utilizing multi-line telephone systems.
 Coordinated with various insurance companies
 Scheduled and created inspection times for contractors

1 2 3 4 5

About Masco

Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading – Read more

Masco Salaries