Masonic Care Community Employee Reviews in United States

summary
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJune 29, 2015
I have spent most of my nursing employment at Masonic Care Community. My level of learning skills and sound knowledge we learned primarily through working directly with physicians and experienced RNs. The teamwork on my unit with all staff members made the unit homelike and pleasant. I enjoyed working with the staff and for the residents, some truly becoming like family.
Pros
The benefits were very affordable, and wages were good.
Cons
frequent short staffing
Great work environment and friendly residents.
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 16, 2012
while I was employed By this company I worked as a security officer and was responsible for patroling the campus,responding to medical calls,Money drop offs,access control. locking /unlocking doors,fire drills,alarm system checks,as well as parking control traffic control.the management at this facility is friendly but ignores major security issues. when issues are brought up they are ignored.The most enjoyable part of the job for me were the residents that live at the facility. I always enjoyed our conversations and my dealing with them.
Pros
variety of activities performed
Cons
ignoring secuity issues, no room for advancement
Masonic Care Community
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NYJuly 29, 2015
An amazing place to work. It Is beyond rewarding to help people with their everyday lives, making it a better living experience for those who cannot live on their own.
A great place to work!
Employee Wellness Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Good community to work for. Great residents! Lots of opportunities to work hard and learn from others. Decent benefits.
Tugs at your heart strings
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 15, 2013
Must be hard working, easy job for those who enjoy in. You work with residents providing every day care. The staff is important to management & the vast majority staff deeply cares about the clients & their well being. I learned how much information & how important the elderly are.
Pros
overtime
Cons
staffing depending on the shift available
Great work place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 17, 2012
• Provided nursing and nursing related services to residents.
• Maintained homelike environment for the residents.
• Protected and promoted resident rights and assisted the person to maintain independence.
• Provided routine care to the patients.
• Reported to the senior doctors of the status of patient by spending maximum time in the room with the patient.
• Maintained the ward neat and clean.
• Obtained specimens, weights, and vital signs of patients.
• Provided nursing care in accordance with resident care policies and procedures.
• Ensured the safety and well-being of the residents is maintained.
• Assisted residents with bathing, dressing, hygiene, and grooming in accordance with established care plan.
• Measured and recorded patient's fluid intake and output.
• Managed supply inventory and supply requisitions.
• Provided patient transportation to doctor appointments.
Pros
great place to work and many oppertunity to grow
Cons
under staffed at times
Great place to work at
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 7, 2015
I do per diem RN supervisor and most of my day consists of checking on residents that have had change in condition, continuos education of staff on policy and procedures,supervision of the other nurses, aids and residents aids, staffing. I truly enjoy this job as everyone works together to bring the best outcome for the residents.
Supportive management, excellent training and continuing education opportunities.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 3, 2014
Beautiful suroundings, pleasant work environment. Supportive co-workers and managers. Residents are treated like family. Needs of staff and residents are addressed and resolved expediently. Highly recommend as an employer and as a place for a loved one in need of long term nursing care.
Pros
beautiful surroundings, caring, compassionate and empathetic staff
Cons
had to travel almost 50 miles from my home.
fast moving
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 26, 2013
A very good place to work but you have to be willing to smile all the time and say hi to people you see be very friendly. But it was fun to do because how you present yourself is how other people will respond.

Want to know more about Masonic Care Community?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonic Care Community. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4