Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc.

Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc. Employee Reviews

great work enviroment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYNovember 28, 2017
i had to serve drinks and food to the people in the nursing home. after they ate i had to clean the dining room and do the dishes for the next meal.. i loved working there because i moved i couldn't keep my job there. but i would definetly work there again.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks were sorta short
great place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2017
loved the staff and residents would not mind going back to work for the company in the future if i ever planned on going back to louisville i would defenitely make masonic my first stop in seeking employment
Communication and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 21, 2017
This is a great company to work for. They invest the employees with various educational programs. They have committees dedicated to wellness, culture and more.
Pros
Beautiful campus, nice people, great opportunities, growing company
Cons
Construction on campus
A great place to grow!
RN (Current Employee) –  Sam swope care ctrJuly 19, 2017
Working at Masonic homes has restarted my passion for nursing! I was tired of working in a world of nursing where the budget and the clock were more important than the patients needs and wants. So I took a chance to work for a non profit that really focuses on the community and I have not been disappointed. The campus is beautiful inside and out and the staff are dedicated. I wish I had found this place before I went back to school as they are one of the few places with an active education assistance program. The health insurance is a bit more expensive but if you complete the offered health programs you can get it to an affordable range.
Pros
Supplies! Orientation process was very organized. Cafe available at a discount to staff.
Cons
Haven't found one yet....
Great community to be a part of.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 19, 2017
It is very family friendly. Staff go above and beyond to make the resident's stay as comfortable as possible. Activities are offered daily and events are planned for special occasions and holidays - lots of fun!
Horrible Place, good ole boy mentaliy, don't believe what you're told!
Plant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2017
Working here was a mistake. Favoritism is obvious and the rule. If you 'click' you're gold, if not you're an outcast regardless of your position. It was a mistake to work here. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Cons
The entire place
Very authoritarian atmosphere beginning at the corporate level.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 6, 2017
It is a beautiful facility, but, don't let that fool you. It is all about the money and power. Very political culture where what the boss man says goes. There are some good people that work there, however , management and administration are bullies. Do not ever contradict anything they say or you will be history
Pros
Salary
Cons
Never know what will change day after day.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 23, 2016
Mission and attention to senior needs were top priority when I started. New management changed that. Stressful work environment, difference in priority and vision. One day your job is safe, the next day you are gone.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Good Ol Boys Community
Homely Atmosphere
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYSeptember 28, 2016
You work short most days. If you do have help they are over worked by having to work double shifts or work X amount of days with no day off. They put all the good staff in showers and work them to hard.
Pros
Bonus if you work over
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2016
I was very excited to work at masonic homes, hearing that it was a top nursing facility in louisville. This place is very unorganized, and gross. Management is aweful. The turn over rate for nurses and c.n.a's is ridiculous. There is never enough supplies to work with, the rooms are filthy because housekeeping sucks, and don't dare turn out the lights in a room or the roach fest will meet you at the door. It's aweful. I would never put my loved one here. They promise you bonuses that you never get, and the hard working staff that actually do there jobs and is on time to work is unappreciated. The pay is great, and what kept me going was knowing that I made a difference for the residents and my other staff. But the overall rating for this place and how it's ran...I'd give a big fat zero!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Roaches, mice, poor management, inadequate supplies
Poor management that needs to shift focus back to patient care.
nurse lvn (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 2, 2015
It's sad because this is a beautiful facility and holds the reputation still of a facility that carries out the look it holds. That is not the case. The facility is being led by a director that cares little about patients and more about numbers and profit. They are very rude to their staff and the expectations are often unobtainable with no offer of assistance from your direct management. Something really needs to change within this facility to redirect focus and bring back patient driven care before it crumbles. The patients deserve way more than they are getting.
Pros
patients
Cons
management, working short staffed, hostile environment
masonic homes
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2015
When I first arrived as a new employee I was amazed at the beauty of the facility. Everything just seemed so perfect. That all changed when I began working there. No training was provided for my shift. I was just thrown out there. No one should ever have to work out of ratio even if someone calls in. It should be a PRN staff available or better yet the supervisor needs to be there helping out. The unit I worked on had bugs really bad and even mice. Who would want their families living in this type of environment. This is a nice facility on the outside , but inside needs a major management renovation. I have seen so many CNAS come and go from the time I've been employed.
Pros
Building relationships between the residents.
Cons
Bugs, mice and the salary.
Don't work here
CNA (Current Employee) –  ShelbyvilleMay 3, 2015
It really depends on which neighborhood you are assigned to and which nurse is in charge. The pay is ok don't really think about asking for days off they won't give it to you. if you like working overtime great they have more than enough to give and usually under staffed. Most of the nurses are great but you have some that are down right horrible.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, understaffed, rude
masonic homes
RN (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 10, 2015
The atmosphere at the Masonic Homes was very warm and inviting. the staff was friendly and willing to work hard for the residents. my responsibilities at work were not difficult. i would come in, gather my supplies, organize my responsibilities and begin my daily tasks. as i was quite experienced when i began employment, there wasnt much to learn while i was there. but i did enjoy everything that i am experiencing while there. many of my coworkers are some of the hardest working people that i have ever had the pleasure of working with. i have never experienced such dedication for the job as i have seen in my coworkers. the hardest part of my job is leaving, my patients are quite enjoyable. the most enjoyable part of my job is wrking in such a warm, health promoting enviroment.
It's different
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2015
When I first started at Masonic it was very different than what it is now. Before it was all about resident care, now it's about money. They have scrimped on even the basic necessities. They have new management that could really take some interpersonal communication classes.
Professional Work Enviroment
Volunteer Cna (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYFebruary 4, 2015
During my time at the Masonic Home I enjoyed assisting co-workers with their day to day routines. During my time volunteering I was given the opportunity to utilize my skills and work ethics I learned during my training.
Pros
Long breaks
Great maturing job
Rehab Tech Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2014
I was a rehab tech volunteer. I volunteered 117 hours the summer of 2011. Typical work day consisted of, transporting patients to and from physical therapy and delivering mail throughout the campus. I was surrounded by senior citizens, I learned many life lessons by associating with them. Life lessons such as, never giving up on your dream amd hard work pays off in the end. Being around these people made me mature as a man. I loved listening to war vets telling me war stories and also hearing their life experiences - what they went through and overcame. My co-workers were physical therapist's and every one of them was kind and respectful. I never had a problem with them or anyone else on the Masonic Home campus. The hardest part of my job was trying to get the patients out of their bed. Some times they just didn't want to go to therapy, but then I reminded them that therapy will make you feel better and you can say you accomplished something today.
Pros
Being around senior citizens
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonic Homes of Kentucky, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8