Masonic Villages Employee Reviews

not the best management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 7, 2017
best part of the job is getting to hear the stories of the residents however you are very over worked with a very high ratio of staff to residents and is often physically demanding. going to management is useless as they already have their favorites. staffing coordinator makes many mistakes and can schedule you for to many days in a row. Calling out and planning vacation is a big deal if they are short handed
Not a compassionate company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMarch 14, 2017
This place needs a whole new management. They work their aides like slaves. If you have an emergency and need to call off they threaten you and yell at you on the phone. Very unprofessional. Can't keep a solid staff so you are almost always working short. They don't appreciate the staff they DO have. Nobody ever says anything positive about the employees. Run from this place.
Benefits
Cons
Understaffed and overworked.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette Hill, PAMarch 8, 2017
consistent, team work, dedication honesty,acknowledging when to lead and when to follow.Tracking patients progress daily, paying attention to detail.
Pros
Being able to assist those in need
Cons
N/a
Did not like it
Busperson (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 2, 2017
Masonic Villages was not willing to give me more hours when I asked for them. The management was not willing work with me for picking up more shifts.
fun place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PADecember 28, 2016
working here had its ups and downs. some of the staff could be hard to get along with, sometimes I didn't agree with their methods. but most of my coworkers were fun and enjoyable. I liked helping the residents and getting to know them all
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJDecember 23, 2016
Nice group of team that work there. Great experience of working there starting off my certification. A place of growth. Clean , neat , great hospice care.
Would not recommend
Server (Former Employee) –  Sewickley, PADecember 20, 2016
Awful management. They play favorites and HR does nothing about your complaints. Managers get away with anything. Worked there for 2 years and was constantly degraded and treated like scum. Residents are great and personable and it's very easy to make a close relationship. Do not recommend working there
Pros
Residents are amazing
Cons
Everything else
I would not recommend this company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 30, 2016
You have 6 to 7 managers/bosses and all of them have different requirements. You have all your LPN's, an RN, an RN supervisor, CNA educators who are a complete joke, all clinical ladders who are on the unit, your director of nursing, the assistant director of nursing The directors only see numbers not what is reasonable or not what might be best. Communication is terrible on all levels. The LPN's are so rude and most of it is due to them having lack of help and feeling overwhelmed. The CNA's are given more work than we can handle. With the amount of work put on CNA's we are given no free time to given extra help to our residents, there is no time for an extra conversation, we are constantly rushing and are responsible for an enormous amount of tasks. No one gives you credit for what you do or acknowledges your efforts. Your yearly prides are a joke considering they don't effect your raises or anything. The RN supervisors give you your prides but yet doesn't work with you or interact with you so technically you are given a false pride full of assumptions. It doesn't matter how many times you are late, call off, or just simply don't show up...nothing happens to you and your co workers are the one to suffer. The managers don't try and call people in when house is short they just pull from others floors to make them short as well. Advancement is not possible unless you are in the "click". This is just a 15 minute paragraph on the highlighted areas I felt were the most important. In my opinion there are a few more problems but these were the crucial areas.
Pros
insurance and benefits, flex pay, vacations
Cons
Communication, you must be in the "click" if you want to advance, RN supervisors are a very uneducated to have the title they have, too many managers to take orders from
A Great Place to Work
Web Designer & Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 21, 2016
I've been with Masonic for nearly 8 years. It's a great place to work and they really take care of their employees. There are several programs offered to advance your career, you just have to take the bull by the horns and go for it.
Pros
Annual Resident Gift, Generous PTO, Fair Compensation
Its like family!
Server (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 20, 2016
I love greeting the residence as if they were family and love the work facility. I prep the tables when I first get there make sure everything is just right. I then greet the residence by seating them and having a short friendly convo. I serve the food and prep the food and clean at the end of my shift.
gread job
server/cook (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 14, 2016
I love working around the residents and giving them their meals to see how happy they look when they know someone care.
they managers work with the employees, they consider us and care for us.
It was a good place to start off at, but management and scheduling needed to be fixed in order for the company to run smoothly.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed working at Masonic Villages for the time that I was there. I appreciated all of my co-workers that surrounded me on a daily basis. The management could have been better, but for the most part everyone was nice, efficient, and well organized.
Benefits
Cons
Incompetant managment at all levels.
server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 10, 2015
Worst place to work if teamwork is something you admire. Kitchen is not clean and was very concerning to say the least. If your a quality employee and knowledgeable your looked at as trouble. Banquet management abusive to the servers and unfortunately uneducated .
Pros
?
Cons
No breaks, no PTO, no sick days, and labor intensive for women, and absolutely no respect.
Horrible Work Atmosphere
line cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 9, 2015
Managers are clueless. Pay is sub sstandard, not even considered a living wage. Food is of poor quality and service is disgraceful!! Managers are very condescending to their employees.
Pros
plenty of parking
Cons
Too many to list here.
Masonic Village is an ethical workplace with a humane mission of caring for those in need.
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 17, 2015
The most important driving force about this job for me was knowing that my efforts were helping to take care the old and the sick who had run out of funds and to help care for needy children in our children's home. I have high access to facilitating the needs for the CEOs office and the Grand Masters of the fraternity. The efforts of the many employees throughout the state makes a hard time in old age feel like the best of times and I help to make that happen. As a very ethical person, I would say that the majority of people from those doing basic tasks to the top are very ethically driven. It is a good place to seek meaningful work.
Pros
Feeling of purpose and ease of balancing home life with work
Cons
Difficulty of dealing with the suffering of those we care for and the level of office politics
Run! Away!
Food service (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 17, 2015
If what you like are false promises, lies, unethical practices, blind leadership, un-effective HR when complaints are given then this will be a dream come true.

Get involved at your own risk!
it is what it is
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, PASeptember 24, 2015
They love wasting money and food. Entertaining co workers make the day easier. If you are not a manager your opinion does not matter.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, laidback
Cons
Too many managers. Poor communication, paid health insurance for managers only
Used to be a good place to work.
cna (Former Employee) –  elizabethtown, paJune 30, 2015
Management plays favorite. CNAs are not treated well, and some are awful at their job, but are kept for a body. There is quite a few CNAs that have been found to be neglectful ad incompetent, yet because of their connections to management, still have a job. Everything is about money with Masonic. They are definitely losing their vision.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working in a long term care facilities is the smiling faces of those we see each and every day. The residents bring us a smile too, they mostly love us and we become part of a large family.
Pros
family like atmosphere, residents
Cons
weekends and holidays
HelpingTthe Elderly Stay Active
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoyed helping the elderly stay active and seeing a smile upon their faces.
Pros
The smile on their face at the end of the day.
Cons
Coworkers miss treat the eldery

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonic Villages. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9