Masonic Villages Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Masonic Village is an ethical workplace with a humane mission of caring for those in need.
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 17, 2015
The most important driving force about this job for me was knowing that my efforts were helping to take care the old and the sick who had run out of funds and to help care for needy children in our children's home. I have high access to facilitating the needs for the CEOs office and the Grand Masters of the fraternity. The efforts of the many employees throughout the state makes a hard time in old age feel like the best of times and I help to make that happen. As a very ethical person, I would say that the majority of people from those doing basic tasks to the top are very ethically driven. It is a good place to seek meaningful work.
Pros
Feeling of purpose and ease of balancing home life with work
Cons
Difficulty of dealing with the suffering of those we care for and the level of office politics
Incompetant managment at all levels.
server (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 10, 2015
Worst place to work if teamwork is something you admire. Kitchen is not clean and was very concerning to say the least. If your a quality employee and knowledgeable your looked at as trouble. Banquet management abusive to the servers and unfortunately uneducated .
Pros
?
Cons
No breaks, no PTO, no sick days, and labor intensive for women, and absolutely no respect.
A Great Place to Work
Web Designer & Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 21, 2016
I've been with Masonic for nearly 8 years. It's a great place to work and they really take care of their employees. There are several programs offered to advance your career, you just have to take the bull by the horns and go for it.
Pros
Annual Resident Gift, Generous PTO, Fair Compensation
Its like family!
Server (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 20, 2016
I love greeting the residence as if they were family and love the work facility. I prep the tables when I first get there make sure everything is just right. I then greet the residence by seating them and having a short friendly convo. I serve the food and prep the food and clean at the end of my shift.
gread job
server/cook (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 14, 2016
I love working around the residents and giving them their meals to see how happy they look when they know someone care.
they managers work with the employees, they consider us and care for us.
Horrible Work Atmosphere
line cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PADecember 9, 2015
Managers are clueless. Pay is sub sstandard, not even considered a living wage. Food is of poor quality and service is disgraceful!! Managers are very condescending to their employees.
Pros
plenty of parking
Cons
Too many to list here.
Used to be a good place to work.
cna (Former Employee) –  elizabethtown, paJune 30, 2015
Management plays favorite. CNAs are not treated well, and some are awful at their job, but are kept for a body. There is quite a few CNAs that have been found to be neglectful ad incompetent, yet because of their connections to management, still have a job. Everything is about money with Masonic. They are definitely losing their vision.
Run! Away!
Food service (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAOctober 17, 2015
If what you like are false promises, lies, unethical practices, blind leadership, un-effective HR when complaints are given then this will be a dream come true.

Get involved at your own risk!
it is what it is
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dallas, PASeptember 24, 2015
They love wasting money and food. Entertaining co workers make the day easier. If you are not a manager your opinion does not matter.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours, laidback
Cons
Too many managers. Poor communication, paid health insurance for managers only
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJanuary 3, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working in a long term care facilities is the smiling faces of those we see each and every day. The residents bring us a smile too, they mostly love us and we become part of a large family.
Pros
family like atmosphere, residents
Cons
weekends and holidays
Good Place to work in Nursing Home Setting in Local Area
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, PAJuly 19, 2012
I Refined my people skills, customer satisfaction skills and supervisory with counseling skills.
I Enjoyed developing my staff's skills and team work skills, then working with a cohesive team. I found developing resident care plans and staff goals challenging but rewarding when a plan came together and goals were met.
Pros
working with the residents/patients and staff
Cons
working nights and weedends and holidays
HelpingTthe Elderly Stay Active
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoyed helping the elderly stay active and seeing a smile upon their faces.
Pros
the smile on their face at the end of the day.
Cons
coworkers miss treat the eldery

2.8