Masonicare Employee Reviews

Forever Short Staffed and Ungrateful
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 28, 2017
Terrible management. You work short nearly every single day and the compensation is not worth the damage to your body and stress you put up with from an unsupportive chain of command. Problems are never resolved and if you confide in superiors, your business is shared with your co-workers. Services and supplies are rationed and family members take note. The extra couple dollars an hour working here are just not worth it.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Unnecessarily stressful atmosphere, mental/physical health deterioration
Good place for internship
Shadowing Intern (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTNovember 21, 2017
A good place for an internship. The people there were friendly, informative, and knowledgable. I would recommend this to somebody looking for a similar experience.
Horrible Work Enviornment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 19, 2017
It's a stressful work enviornment. The place is filled with bed bugs. Managment neglects workers and are nonhelpful. Residents are lovable and tolerable. Managment is just horrible. Would love to continue working here if managment and rules changed.Typical day would be assisting residents with showers and daily needs, along with med cueing. I learned to be passionate and empathetic. I learned the value of life and life lessons through the residents. The job is not hard, managment just makes the job stressful. Most enjoyable part are the residents and going home knwing that you impacted someones life.
Pros
paid time off and set hours
Cons
managment, lack of communication and stress
Good environment
staff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 14, 2017
The environment at Masonic is amazing. The only downside in my opinion was the short hours. The supervisors were great and the lead supervisor is very flexible with the days you can or can't work.
poorly managed homecare office
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  East Lyme, CTOctober 3, 2017
With the last set of managers, they had no idea what went on out in the field. The work assignments were not balanced through the staff. They never took into account the amount of drive time between patients when setting up your schedule.
Pros
patients were wonderful case management was wonderful
Cons
poor scheduling too many hours
nice
Geriatric Psych Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 18, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I have been working at Masonicare part-time (More than 3 years)
Pros
Great company to work for! Masonicare treats their employees equally and with respect. Great teamwork and flexibility. Would definitely recommend the facility to others.
Cons
As any company, there could be improvement to benefit the company. This includes solving simple mistakes that have happened in the past.
Advice to Management
Staffing does a good job with coverage; however, sometimes floating to different floors is needed when staff is down. Therefore, work can become complicated when the staff is unfamiliar with the patients and residents. Teamwork comes handy during times like these.
Great staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 13, 2017
Enjoyed working part time love the clients family and staff. Was a great place flexible hours and they accommodate depending on area and they always communicated with fam and cna
Masonicare Rehab floor
REGISTERED NURSE- PART TIME (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTSeptember 9, 2017
busy fast paced rehab floor, opportunities for overtime, often understaffed. Occasionallly float to other floors so if thats not your thing then this could be annoying. Not much room for career growth.
Nurses beware
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTSeptember 2, 2017
Working at masonicare as a nurse was terrible. The deadlines with charting are unrealistic compared to the workload presented. You are scheduled over a vast territory sometimes in 4-5 different towns a day. There is little support from management and you are expected to jump through hoops. I worked all night charting and was expected to be available the next morning at 8a. It was a horrible experience. Management does not care about their nurses and only praises them if they working themselves to the bone. The staff turnover rate is atrocious. Do NOT work here as a nurse case manager.
Pros
Benefits available
Cons
Cut throat culture, lack of support, unrealistic workload for rate of pay
Graduate Student Clinician (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 8, 2017
I was a graduate student intern. I spent time with the speech language pathologist and went with her to see patients. We treated a variety of speech and language disorders
Erratic hours
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 3, 2017
Clients very appreciative and that in itself is rewarding.
Hours are erratic, and when you need a nurse to check on a client, a cna is sent.That proved to be unhelpful.
a good place to work
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 26, 2017
Really a nice place to work. The people are generally good with little attitude. The work place is acceptable although my department appears to be run downed and not well kept . Updating the furniture carpet needs to be replaced and the it needs dusting. Other than that it is OK.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
short breaks, skeleton like crew
was a very fast paces work enviorment
Self Pay and Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJune 27, 2017
The employees were all very helpful to each other.
many of the employees worked their for over 10 years.
You were able to learn many new skills while working their.
Pros
there was free coffee, they had filtered water available
Fast paced job that taught me a lot.
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMay 22, 2017
Masonicare taught me everything I know, it was the job I needed to make me become the great waitress I am today. It taught me everything about time management and how important it is to keep your customers satisfied, and have everything come out in a timely manner. It was the fastest pace job I've had and made me learn how to work efficiently under pressure. At masonicare I had a section of about 7 to 8 tables all of which had to be served a 3 course meal within 30 minutes or so. The culture was diverse and I loved working with the people there, the manager was tough on us, but its only because the residents there expected so much. I only ever left this job because we couldn't accept tips and the shifts were only for dinner so I was on the clock for about 3 hours only, it just wasn't enough pay.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Horrible
RSA (Former Employee) –  Mystic, CTApril 12, 2017
This place will mess with you before they even hire you and then upon hire they will make your life even more difficult. Treat yourself well and do not work here.
relaxing pace, low wage
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 21, 2017
As waitstaff, we got pain minimum wage. Imagine serving at a restaurant, but not getting tips. The pace is slower than a typical restaurant, but it can be stressful at times. Management is relaxed and not uptight, which can be nice. However, you can expect not to recieve a yearly wage increase while the head honchos buy their second and third homes.
Pros
awesome residents, laid back work environment
Cons
no tips, no raises
Was a great place to work, can't say the same
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 20, 2017
Masonicare is a descent company, but the people in corporate aren't really looking into the people who make up the company. High turnover rate for supervisors and SALSAS who come in, change all the rules, fire people who have been here for over 30 years like it's nothing. This used to be one of the best places to work, but now they don't care about the employees anymore. Don't bother.
Pros
Weekend differential, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Unpaid lunch
job was nothing more than a excellent experience
Production Chef (Current Employee) –  Mystic, CTMarch 15, 2017
i would go back and work there anytime of the day my chef was excellent and knew so much about food i was like a sponge just absorbing all of the things i could
Excellent Employment Opportunity
CNA (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 26, 2017
Masonicare provides excellence in health care for the elderly in home care, out patient care and skilled care. The supplies you needed to do your job were always accessible. Management was supportive. Environment was meticulous.
Pros
Free lunch
Overview of Masonicare Child Development Center
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 24, 2017
the center overall is a great place but there is a lot of favoritism
the preschool class was my favorite, they take the time out to really make sure that children are prepared for kindergarten.
Pros
they love to feed you
Cons
one bathroom(child development center)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonicare. Our community is ready to answer.