Masonicare

Masonicare Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Hair Dresser (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTMarch 8, 2015
good place to work. good hours. co-workers are good, management is good. love the clients and love going to work every day
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTFebruary 27, 2015
Provide technical hardware and software support for desktop PCs and printers as required. Be the contact for end users' questions, issues and activities related to use of corporate, affiliate and department-specific data and voice information systems, services and technologies.

Responsible for answering helpdesk calls/requests, identifying and diagnosing problems, managing tickets and service requests, and fielding questions regarding the use of a variety of standard desktop applications such as MS Outlook, MS Office and other operational information systems. Performs triage of end-user situations and directs calls that can't be answered to supervisor or other IT staff experts as appropriate.

Evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies and automated helpdesk systems and tools in order to meet the needs of the company and provide efficient and effective support to a diverse and distributed workforce.

Manage corporate computer and communications infrastructure in efficient and effective manner. Interact with consultants and 3rd party vendors to manage day-to-day computer and communications systems operations.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), wallingford, ctJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: continuing education
I have worked for Masonicare for 20 plus years. it is more like a home than a nursing home or hosptal. i love my job and place of work. Always a hello and smiling face. Great resources and continuing education. Awesome team work.
Was not what was advertised
Help Desk Lead / Trainer (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 1, 2014
Pros: for me, was close to home, easy access.
Cons: no benefits, boss was flaky, not very good management.
Was only hired for a six month duration. Was to do nothing for the first six weeks or so, just observe and report... But then was asked to do other things that were not job related. I went ahead and made a lot of reports and documents to train the help desk personnel. I was ahead of the game. At the three-month mark, was told it has ended.
Not my idea of a good relationship between worker / company.
I was told this is great! it is what we are looking for... No problems.. etc.. No corrective directions, nor negative remarks...
Geriatric Psychiatric Department
Secretary (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTAugust 22, 2014
Very quick paced environment. Every day posed a new challenge and everyone approached them as a Team
nursing job
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTJune 26, 2014
. ADL's (Assisted Daily Living) support
. Provide daily activity report
. Medicine Administration
Great place to work. It can be very relaxing if you speed up your work.
Resident Care Assistant, CNA (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTJune 14, 2014
Pros: great team work environment
Cons: parking space but it depends to where you work.
If you respect yourself enough and enjoy supporting people, This should be a great place for you. How people respond to you is definitively based on your mannerism. I can't complain because I'm always happy and ready to go. I hope that explain a lot.
long term care patients
LPN (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
focus on quality care for long term car patients. resident care and coordination for optimal quality of life.
Great Job with Great Benefits
CNA/RCA (Current Employee), Newtown, CTDecember 31, 2013
Pros: health benefits, pto, holiday pay, friendly environment, tuition reimbursement
Cons: short (if any) lunch breaks
The workday becomes like 2nd nature once you get to know your residents and learn to anticipate their needs. The job can be very emotionally tiring, but worth it.

Sometimes it feels like management doesn't take staff concerns seriously and a lot of issues don't get addressed. Also Staff needs to be held more accountable for their actions and be disciplined accordingly. In my opinion, if you neglect your duties (repeatedly), you shouldn't have a job.

Other than that, it is a fantastic place to work, with (for the most part) Co-workers that are as passionate about what they do as you are. Even people from other departments are friendly. The Company as a whole shows that they care about the well-being of employees as much as the people we care for.
Caring Workplace
CNA/PCA- Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTNovember 17, 2013
Always do their best to look for good help for their residents.
A good place to start
RN at Masonicare in Newtown (Former Employee), Newtown, CTOctober 15, 2013
Busy, fast-paced work environment. Coworkers (nurses) helpful. Good teamwork.
Comfortable working environment
Waiter (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTOctober 8, 2013
Being a waiter at Masonicare continues to be a good experience. I get along with my fellow coworkers fairly well. Management is as best as can be. The hardest part of my job is to bring food to residents at a reasonable time (between 15-30 min, depending on how many residents at my section which is a maximum of 5 tables with 4 seats at each table. The most enjoyable part of my job is conversing with the residents as I work, as well as on my lunch break and my days off.
Temporary Receptionist - Not worth it, you can find a better job
Temporary Receptionist (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTAugust 10, 2013
Pros: co-workers were very nice
Cons: no breaks, one hour lunch and no benefits
Temporary receptionist hired for 32 hrs. a week. Phones are very busy in the morning, but slow down in the afternoon. Trying to get access into the software applications that I needed to use took 3 1/2 days to get set up. Training was the worst that I have ever had. He did not allow me to use his computer and late on the 3rd day I finally got access to the programs that I needed to use to complete the job. On the 4th day at work he said that if I had any questions to ask now. However, he was logged onto the computer at the front desk and I had to find another computer to log onto to get the feel and see where the information that I needed to use was and I had run back and forth to answer the phones. It would have been so much better if he let me use his computer while I was at the front desk. This is not the way to train people. Manager seemed nice during the interview, but working under her supervision, she was very dysfunctional and seemed to be more interested in sitting around and socializing. I never had any interaction with her during my employment. The other managers, nurses and co-workers were all very nice.
Good Place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 28, 2013
Fun coworkers, good management, good pay. Job is tiring but when you enjoy the people you work with and the pay is decent it's worth it
PATIENT CARE FOR ALZHEIMER PATIENTS
CNA (Former Employee), Newtown, CTApril 28, 2013
Pros: they had people come in and sing to the patients
MAY DAY AT WORK WAS TO ORGANIZE MY ASSIGNMENT ,I LEARNED ALOT ABOUT HOW TO CARE FOR ALZHEMER PATIENT AND INSERVICES,THE MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT THEY CHECK ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE OR HAVE ANY QUESTION,MY CO-WORKERS WAS GOOD THEY WORKED WELL AS A TEAM,THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS GETTING TO KNOW THE PATIENT AND THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS THE FEEDING TIME WHICH WAS A TIME TO GET TO KNOW THE PATIENT
Great place to work in CT!
Resgistered Nurse (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTMarch 4, 2013
Pros: free parking, weekly payroll, low turnover and staff longevity, excellent benefits
I have to disagree with any of the haters who have written poor reviews of this company. I have been with Masonicare since 2008. I have been promoted twice since then. The corporate culture really is to promote from within! They do alot for their employees and have improved on benefits offerings year over year since I have been here. They have a 401K with matching! Most companies have done away with that, but not Masonicare. There is always plenty of equipment available to me to do my job and staff to resource for assistance. The proof is in the pudding - Masonicare has more long term staff than any other company i have worked for. They have low turnover and are never short staffed. They have not used any agency pool staff since 2008. The facility is clean and the residents are well cared for. I could never work somewhere where the residents were not first priority. Masonicare's management works under a "patient centered decision making" model - basically, they put patient care first. You would be lucky to get hired at this fantastic organization. if you dont believe me, see for yourself.

April 6, 2013

I don't know where you worked, but in PR, they work with dangerously short staff of RCA's, sometimes as few as 2 to cover 100 residents, impossible to do, and residents cannot get proper care! We always worked short!

Think twice
Current employee (Current Employee), WallingfordFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: the colleagues, the patients
Cons: the management/ administration
Things have changed here in a very short period of time, and not for the better: Continued decline in treating staff professionally and with respect. Poor administrative decision-making. Grossly short-staffed, creating tension and burnout. No managerial support.
Great place to work where employees matter
Business Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Wallingford, CTJune 28, 2012
Masonicare is a great place to work. They have excellent benefits and care about their employees.
Productive, enriching, caring, fun environment
Social Worker Intern (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 9, 2012
Pros: staff are very supportive, the entire facility is a comfortable, pleasing and welcoming environment, and the food is there is cheap and very tastey.
This job introduced many challenges that were most helpful to my learning experience as a social worker dealing with the unique cases of the adult residents and their families.
to much problem to much gossip as well short staff of employees
Laundry Aid technician/Linen Transporter (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMarch 24, 2012
Pros: good hours, two 15 minute break and 30 minute for lunch
Cons: thier was no respect toward employees, not enough workers to due the job
a typical day at work not enough workers to the jobs in a laundry

Masonicare Salaries