Masonite Employee Reviews

Its a good paying job but don't stay long term.
Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIDecember 8, 2016
Worked at Marshfield WI for almost 2 years. Have seen really good people fired or they quit. Poor management plus so much finger blaming and bullying. It's an ok job for short term but look for something else as I have seen so many long term employees walk out sore from the physical labor and stress on your body. This plant reminded me of high school, so many clicks and bullying. They really need to get rid of all supervisors on up to upper management and hire new. Maybe then that place would be nice to work for.
Pros
1 break and 20 min lunch.
Cons
Blaming, bullying, alot of confusion and no one cares about anything there.
If you stay busy time will go by fast
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 14, 2016
Work is great the only problem is that management doesn't have their things together. Micro management is a norm just learn to work around it. Overall great place to work at.
Pros
2 breaks and a lunch
Cons
finger blaming game on a regular no one knows hows to take responsibility for small mistakes
Very productive workplace
Door catcher (Current Employee) –  Haleyville, ALNovember 12, 2016
Some days are a hassle but we get the job done and get it done right. Wonderful employees that put their heart and soul into the company to make the company appreciate us more.
Productive and high working work place
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CANovember 7, 2016
A typical day is stretches in the morning, following with a conversation about work duties. After that its 8-12 hours of long working hours. The most important part of the job is getting the doors to the customer with great quality.
People are rude to you in the workspace
Layup (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VANovember 6, 2016
I hated working for them. They treat you bad. And don't care about people's feelings. They need better management and need to treat people the way that they want to be treated. They say they need help but fire those who are willing to give there all to it
Pros
Cons
Horrible hours and rude people
Productive and fun workplace
Feeder Operator (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSNovember 1, 2016
The Co workers I work with make me feel comfortable to work with them. Supervisor make me feel safe and make sure other workers are doing their part of the job. I can say Masonite is a professional and caring business.
Pros
lunch menu to order food from
Cons
health care, life insurance
Terrible place
Flipper (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXOctober 1, 2016
A terrible place to work, the management doesn't care if the employees are trained. They just want quotas, the place is disorganized and they expect more out of you than what they're paying for. The HR department are among the worst I've ever dealt with, rude and lazy. Don't expect anything to be done unless you borderline harass them. And even then they won't do anything. Nothing but a bunch of fat, lazy individuals who care nothing about the workers that they work to death.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Terrible upper management, and HR
One of the most disorganized places I ever worked .. Very very poor management
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYAugust 26, 2016
One of the worst places I ever worked !! Low pay and very long hours and they wait til the end of your shift to push mandatory overtime on you !! Can never make plans for after work !! The forklift I was driving stalled several times a day , very bad ignition and tires and had a ripped up seat !! Very unsafe forklift and very unsafe atmosphere in general !! OSHA would shut them down for sure !!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, disorganized and very long hours
Working with doors
Touch up support (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 1, 2016
This job is for hardworking committed people that produce architectural doors. Masonite offers 401k, and benefits and offers overtime frequently if you are interested.
Very fast paced
Door Builder (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXAugust 1, 2016
Its a very fast paced environment. They want quotas met every shift while maintaining quality of the doors built. Pretty heavily supervised.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons
Not so good pay, hard to advance in the company
Lack of Direction
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCJuly 26, 2016
The hardest part of the job was not only the turn over of production employees, but the GM, Ops Mngrs, Production Supervisors and Department Leaders. Very few experienced employees in Leadership or Production roles. Too much emphasis on college degrees instead of door manufacturing experience. Never knowing day to day what hours you would be working . 68 hrs weekly is to be expected.
Pros
Co-workers were dedicated to doing what was needed to meet production goals
Good plac to work
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, IL 60185June 28, 2016
great place was laid off
Was sent to a lot of training
Was trained on all equipment
The personal were like Family
Management was good and helped me to progress
This place taught me everything i know and was helpful in getting me where i am today.
I loved the hr. and loved to run large machines
worked with lots of vendors to try new tooling
The hardest part was leaving
Pros
good hr.
Cons
laid off
Masonite life
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INMay 12, 2016
Masonite is a very bad place to work. They are not flexible what so ever. The turn over rate is through the roof. Very bad management and i do not approve of Masonite's CEO. The people there are so miserable and the environment is very negative. I would not recommend working there.
Pros
got to leave on break to get lunch
Cons
lunch is not paid, very little breaks, long hours, no time off
Could be great if...
Maintenance/ fork lift operator (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, INMay 4, 2016
Been working there for a while, Management doesn't know what it is to keep promises, there is sooo much favoritism there that it oozes out. Safety is only an issue when someone gets hurt. Will demand you come in at a moments notice and staying late of course mandatory .... they preach team and family but I sure don't see it. Been thru as many plant mngrs. and supervisors as we have hourly employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No organization, very poor management, poor leadership. no concern for workers
Large Manfacturing Company - Good Culture
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed my employment at Masonite, and I enjoyed what I did. It was to far away from home for me, so I had to make the difficult decision to leave.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Distance
This was a hard but good job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNApril 22, 2016
Working here was a great experience. Everyone was great at teaching and helping out. They greatly cared for their employees and made sure that their needs were met. The only reason I left is because there were so many people working there, they had to lay off some of their workers.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
Heat
I enjoyed it.
Door builder (Former Employee) –  Luray, VAApril 19, 2016
I was mostly on an assembly line when I worked there but I was moved around a bit to learn more positions. I seemed to excel in pallet building.
warehouse jobs
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2016
long day fast work paste and safe environment and working with co workers on 10- 12 hour shifts I've also learned how to operate sit down and stand up forklift
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
10 mins break
great coworkers
buffer (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCMarch 16, 2016
Enjoyed working at masonite although my employment time was short due to health problems that have been resolved.Found co workers to be very helpful.
Pros
co workers
Cons
dirty, dusty
good palce to work
machince opertor (Current Employee) –  Algoma, WIFebruary 25, 2016
it a fast pace work for production do it right the first time. Management is off hand we work on our own unless we have a
problem or question. Co-workers work together to get orders done in time. Hardest part get everyone working on the production that needs to be done in order.
Cons
plant is hot year long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonite. Our community is ready to answer.