Masonite Employee Reviews in United States

Good plac to work
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, IL 60185June 28, 2016
great place was laid off
Was sent to a lot of training
Was trained on all equipment
The personal were like Family
Management was good and helped me to progress
This place taught me everything i know and was helpful in getting me where i am today.
I loved the hr. and loved to run large machines
worked with lots of vendors to try new tooling
The hardest part was leaving
Pros
good hr.
Cons
laid off
Masonite life
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INMay 12, 2016
Masonite is a very bad place to work. They are not flexible what so ever. The turn over rate is through the roof. Very bad management and i do not approve of Masonite's CEO. The people there are so miserable and the environment is very negative. I would not recommend working there.
Pros
got to leave on break to get lunch
Cons
lunch is not paid, very little breaks, long hours, no time off
Could be great if...
Maintenance/ fork lift operator (Current Employee) –  Walkerton, INMay 4, 2016
Been working there for a while, Management doesn't know what it is to keep promises, there is sooo much favoritism there that it oozes out. Safety is only an issue when someone gets hurt. Will demand you come in at a moments notice and staying late of course mandatory .... they preach team and family but I sure don't see it. Been thru as many plant mngrs. and supervisors as we have hourly employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
No organization, very poor management, poor leadership. no concern for workers
Large Manfacturing Company - Good Culture
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed my employment at Masonite, and I enjoyed what I did. It was to far away from home for me, so I had to make the difficult decision to leave.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Distance
This was a hard but good job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNApril 22, 2016
Working here was a great experience. Everyone was great at teaching and helping out. They greatly cared for their employees and made sure that their needs were met. The only reason I left is because there were so many people working there, they had to lay off some of their workers.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
Heat
I enjoyed it.
Door builder (Former Employee) –  Luray, VAApril 19, 2016
I was mostly on an assembly line when I worked there but I was moved around a bit to learn more positions. I seemed to excel in pallet building.
warehouse jobs
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2016
long day fast work paste and safe environment and working with co workers on 10- 12 hour shifts I've also learned how to operate sit down and stand up forklift
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
10 mins break
great coworkers
buffer (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCMarch 16, 2016
Enjoyed working at masonite although my employment time was short due to health problems that have been resolved.Found co workers to be very helpful.
Pros
co workers
Cons
dirty, dusty
good palce to work
machince opertor (Current Employee) –  Algoma, WIFebruary 25, 2016
it a fast pace work for production do it right the first time. Management is off hand we work on our own unless we have a
problem or question. Co-workers work together to get orders done in time. Hardest part get everyone working on the production that needs to be done in order.
Cons
plant is hot year long
Great people in the field
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2016
Leadership in Tampa is out of touch with the plants - they don't appreciate the people in the plants. Hard to get things done.
Masonite, Labor and Assemble
Laborer (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEJanuary 7, 2016
I typically stand in one place for ten hours assembling doors as quickly as possible to meat my quota goals. I don't learn much beyond the position I work in. Management's only priority is to their customers. THe repetitive nature of factory labor is the hardest part of this job. I enjoy having a set schedule and guaranteed forty hours a week.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
short breaks, and poor pay.
Fast-paced with no time to relax or get unfocused.
Trim saw Feeder/Floater (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXNovember 2, 2015
I arrive to a different site than what i left at everyday due to the fact that there are two other shifts after me. I assess the work of the day by looking through my area at what is on the floor and what day needs to be run, considering the whole process is run on a ticket production style and each ticket represents a different day or urgency to process the product. I fill orders by tickets and separate doors to keep a steady movement of products on a trim saw line. I learned a lot about doors the work that goes into them just to make them, style quality, safety and sturdiness as well as trims and type of material used on them. Management at Masonite was more than generous to all around for most situations that arose. I did not get to know many people that i worked with due to the fast paced environment there is not much time for hello, or how are you in the workplace. For the small amount of people i did interact with they really helped me understand what my job was. The hardest part was working a 12 hour day, the easiest part was i only had to do it for three days.
Pros
3 shifts for exploration to suit your schedule
Cons
Very loud and dusty
Stress ball
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Northumberland, PAOctober 28, 2015
Place sucks to work for. Pay is good but not worth it. It your new you get run all over. They don't appreciate anything. There all about themselves not there employees. And they will set you up if they don't like you. I seen this happen a few times
Masonite
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 23, 2015
11 hour shifts of hard work I learned valuable skills that are essential when working as unit on an assembly line management was great co-workers worked as one hardest part of the job there wasn't one Its a great work environment lunch breaks very enjoyable great conversations with co works friendly positive attitudes.
Pros
Pay
It is a fast pace job.
Pre flip (Current Employee) –  GreenvilleOctober 22, 2015
Working for Masonite has its ups and downs. It is physically demanding but at the same time can work with you on your schedule and will also give you overtime if needed. It is a fast pace job.
Pros
Overtime and schedule.
Cons
Physically demanding
I drove a forklift for 7 diffrent lines a day at Masonite was okay
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCOctober 14, 2015
At Masonite I worked in the shipping department. I drove loads of doors to the shipping line so they could be wrapped and shipped to the cosmeter. Some days were better than others. But the job and workers all stuck together to get the job done and that made it a lot easier.
Pros
the employees worked as a team
Cons
pay rate
its a desent place to word
Door sander (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSSeptember 2, 2015
its a hard working and demanding job and the people there are ok. its a very productive place and it has a lot of layoffs. it is also a safety oriented work place and cares about their employees
Pros
inside work
Cons
dusty and hot
Stressful environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 25, 2015
Typical day at work - many projects
Management - High stress, high energy
Hardest part of the job - no room for error
What I learned - to ensure the
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Haleyville, ALAugust 4, 2015
The days are busy but I enjoy the work and all being around the people I work with. I work with lots of nice people and enjoy working there. It is a good place to work.
Pros
Nice people
Manufactured Doors
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Yulee, FlJuly 27, 2015
Great job, good pay, pleasant work environment. Long, fast-paced work hours. Good group of workers. The managers were very helpful.