Masonite Employee Reviews

It was a safe environment.
PO 4 (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work was to run a safety check on the forklift gas up the take in your safety gear always wear your hard hat, safety glasses, and ear plugs. The hardest part about the job was trying to stay cool overall I liked the job and the pay..
Excellent job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCAugust 14, 2017
I like working there it gave me a chance to move up and be a better person at the same time. It's a nice job to work for an you will learn alot. You will get a chance to learn things you never learn before become leaders.
Learn how to repair doors
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCAugust 11, 2017
Learn how to repair doors, label door, and flip skins. We have to check all door to make sure all the doors are the same and make sure we put the right tickets on the door.
A day at masonite
Material Handler & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INAugust 2, 2017
Ran same production everyday as a team not a just one person. Everything was organized and well set every shift. The down fall was sometimes the communication with employees.
Amazing peiple are friendly
Repair Man (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAJuly 28, 2017
The people I worked with are very friendly. They know how to treat you. They give you sick leave if you need it. They are very considerate of your family. They will not tolerate anyone being rude or hateful
It's ok but wrongful process
Shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCJuly 26, 2017
I was terminated for safety. They tried to say my physical and forklift license was expired but it wasnt. You get a physical every 3 years from what the doctor office said. Two of the main people in the office took my physical and said they would handle it but they didn't. I tried to fight fo my job but the could've suspended me for three days. Some management sucks and their are some great people in the plant. Too many meetings to get your day started too.
Pros
Free lunch, gift cards
Cons
Short breaks, too many meetings
A great learning experience
Specialist Dpt (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 25, 2017
Masonite is a very fast pace workplace. While working there I learned a lot and picked up a lot of skills. I also lost a lot of weight from this fast pace workplace.
Currently not worth it
Floater (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 24, 2017
Current plant manager there to kill the plant. Management will not listen to concerns of their employees. Should be back to Marshfield Door Systems instead. Was better and employees were treated better.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Very hot, management stinks
Hot environment job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAJuly 19, 2017
It was a very fast paced job. It was a very hot environment to work and in summer time, it could get to a 100 degrees in there. I liked when I drove the forklift.
factory
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  greenville txJuly 18, 2017
worked on machines to make doors. it was a very hot work environment and they should try and put fans out for the employees. but other then that I was a good place to work for
Good place to work.
Trim ssaw end catcher (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NE 69101July 13, 2017
You go in do your job and go home. Vary fast paced and productive environment. Constant machinery malfunctions due to lack of maintenance can cause delays and frustration in your work day the team pulls things together to always get production finished.
busy and not an atentive company
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCJuly 12, 2017
a typical day at work for myself is busy and extremely constant. answering multi lines phones, completing paper work and beng an overseer of more than 10 people at a time.
Pros
great benefits, close to home, great hours
Cons
uncomfortable work environment, slack management
Stressful, overwhelming, unfair treatment, no respect
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Northumberland County, PAJuly 10, 2017
Masonite has management changing every year since I've worked here!! They have no respect for anyone and they will get rid of you if they can. They treat their employees so badly. They don't care about anyone. To them you are just a number and they will throw you away faster then you think. Most new hires are temps and they take advantage of these people paying them extremely low wages and use them for over 1 year before even considering to hire them on. This place is a circus and I would never recommend such a place to any one ever!!! Since I've been employed here the pay rates have dropped lower and lower every year. No one in Human Resources stays and when they do hire new employees they do not know what they are doing.
Do not work here!
Manufacturing Engineer (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2017
Manager and Production Supervisor were giving fraudulent numbers to corporate. They have no respect for continuous process improvement. They send out poor quality product all the time. No one here has a degree in operations!
Pros
You gat a job.
Cons
You will not be respected.
it was completely depressing
Line Feeder (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCJune 20, 2017
Masonite is designed on manual labor and less machining, job consist of a lot of lifting ,excessive glue, shortage of hours, and quit depressing if you have skills to do more than offer.
Pros
dinners only given o company terms
Cons
extremely hot enviroment to work in
A good warehouse environment. Production type job and good co workers.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Yulee, FLJune 19, 2017
You go in at 7AM with a good attitude. It's busy doing production hours, teamwork makes the day go by fast. You have to enjoy going to work and go hard at what you do to provide for your family.
Pros
Making money and to achieve work goals.
Cons
Not knowing when you going home and real hot.
Productive work place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Denmark, SCJune 12, 2017
They are not organize period. Change of management every year since I've been working there. The pay is not decent. You do 3 people work. Management is not up to par.
Pros
Work 8 hours
Cons
Short breaks
Long hours, poor management, outdated equipment, dirty work environment
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INJune 9, 2017
Hours are horrible. 10-12 hours a day and some Saturdays. No free time. No life.
Management is clueless
Equipment is poor and constantly breaks or doesn't work properly.
Cons
Long hours. Pay is sub par. Management. Equipment is outdated
Great Staff
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 8, 2017
Worked in several of the company plants. Had awesome teamwork within some of the plants. The plant shown need of overall 5s improvement, communication and teamwork with corporate members
Pros
Great plant personal
Cons
Gap between leaders and hourly employee's and 5s
Good company, good culture, good team, challenging industry
SVP Global Operations and Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2017
The Masonite team strives to improve and achieve results using innovative approaches to the Building Construction industry. Predictability in the industry is a big challenge and flexibility and nimbleness to satisfy customers is the name of the game for Masonite in order to achieve its growth and profitability goals.
The team make all the difference in the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonite. Our community is ready to answer.