Masonite Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
masonite
skin flipper (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NESeptember 18, 2017
i enjoy being an employee of masonite. The people are amazing and work well together. The opportunity for advancement is available and the benefits are great.
Pros
fun place great benefits
Cons
short breaks, fast paced, hard on body
Great evironment
Door washer/Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Great place to work. Always have the opportunity to advance. They have two different shift options. Very fast paced environment. Management are always friendly and considerate. The only down side is being able to cope with the weather conditions in the warehouse.
Bad management lead to becoming far behind in production numbers. Little opportunity for advancement. 50+ hrs a week constantly.
Production Worker/Forklift Operator/Painter (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNSeptember 17, 2017
Bad management. Constant overtime. Good health benefits and 401k. Little opportunity for advancement especially for the amount of hours spent there. Friendly and helpful co-workers
Pros
Occasional luncheons and breakfasta
Cons
Long hours, continuous labor, bad management
Lay up (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VASeptember 14, 2017
fast paste, keeps you on your toes, stayed busy, fun, hardest part was for me getting there on time, witch was stupid on my part it was a great job with awesome benefits
Pros
Close to home
Decent
Mill Specialist Floater (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WISeptember 11, 2017
It's a decent job, but also I wouldn't recommend working there unless you like coming to your job stressed and also people who like to play favoritism.
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 4, 2017
Very balanced work/life schedule. Great benefits and compensation. Great management team. Location is in a small town so be sure of wanting to live in a small town atmosphere.
I had a fanastic time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 28, 2017
The management was very professional. I learned how drive a fork lift while employed there. The culture was straight by the book. Safety first, family, then customer.
Pros
Plant wide cook out
Cons
To hot in the plant
intermediate job
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSAugust 23, 2017
the only good thing about the job is the people that work there, no water fountains, poor hygiene, poor benefits, job culture is horrible, do not like the management
It was a safe environment.
PO 4 (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSAugust 14, 2017
A typical day at work was to run a safety check on the forklift gas up the take in your safety gear always wear your hard hat, safety glasses, and ear plugs. The hardest part about the job was trying to stay cool overall I liked the job and the pay..
Excellent job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCAugust 14, 2017
I like working there it gave me a chance to move up and be a better person at the same time. It's a nice job to work for an you will learn alot. You will get a chance to learn things you never learn before become leaders.

Want to know more about Masonite?

Ask a question
Learn how to repair doors
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCAugust 11, 2017
Learn how to repair doors, label door, and flip skins. We have to check all door to make sure all the doors are the same and make sure we put the right tickets on the door.
A day at masonite
Material Handler & Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Walkerton, INAugust 2, 2017
Ran same production everyday as a team not a just one person. Everything was organized and well set every shift. The down fall was sometimes the communication with employees.
Amazing peiple are friendly
Repair Man (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAJuly 28, 2017
The people I worked with are very friendly. They know how to treat you. They give you sick leave if you need it. They are very considerate of your family. They will not tolerate anyone being rude or hateful
It's ok but wrongful process
Shipping lead (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCJuly 26, 2017
I was terminated for safety. They tried to say my physical and forklift license was expired but it wasnt. You get a physical every 3 years from what the doctor office said. Two of the main people in the office took my physical and said they would handle it but they didn't. I tried to fight fo my job but the could've suspended me for three days. Some management sucks and their are some great people in the plant. Too many meetings to get your day started too.
Pros
Free lunch, gift cards
Cons
Short breaks, too many meetings
A great learning experience
Specialist Dpt (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 25, 2017
Masonite is a very fast pace workplace. While working there I learned a lot and picked up a lot of skills. I also lost a lot of weight from this fast pace workplace.
Currently not worth it
Floater (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIJuly 24, 2017
Current plant manager there to kill the plant. Management will not listen to concerns of their employees. Should be back to Marshfield Door Systems instead. Was better and employees were treated better.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Very hot, management stinks
Hot environment job
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAJuly 19, 2017
It was a very fast paced job. It was a very hot environment to work and in summer time, it could get to a 100 degrees in there. I liked when I drove the forklift.
factory
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  greenville txJuly 18, 2017
worked on machines to make doors. it was a very hot work environment and they should try and put fans out for the employees. but other then that I was a good place to work for
Good place to work.
Trim ssaw end catcher (Current Employee) –  North Platte, NE 69101July 13, 2017
You go in do your job and go home. Vary fast paced and productive environment. Constant machinery malfunctions due to lack of maintenance can cause delays and frustration in your work day the team pulls things together to always get production finished.
busy and not an atentive company
Lead Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denmark, SCJuly 12, 2017
a typical day at work for myself is busy and extremely constant. answering multi lines phones, completing paper work and beng an overseer of more than 10 people at a time.
Pros
great benefits, close to home, great hours
Cons
uncomfortable work environment, slack management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonite. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval