Masonite Employee Reviews

Good Leadership in the plants
DIRECTOR, Global Sourcing, Chemicals (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed Masonite, especially my work with the manufacturing facilities and the Masonite Technical Center. I was given freedom to set up a great supply base and to negotiate with suppliers to improve costs, quality and delivery.
Pros
Manufacturing sites & suppliers
Cons
Senior leadership changed often.
Little plant
Electromechanical tech (Current Employee) –  Wi.May 16, 2017
Good people on production, clean. Overall not to bad, definitely worked at worse places. Small factory. overall not to strenuous. Steady work not laid off in the winter.
Pros
insurance
Production manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 6, 2017
Easy, fun place to work. Fast advancements in management. Long time for roll over to full time from temporary agency, but worth the wait. Has good healthcare.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Little climate control
friendly atomosphere
Production Foreman (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSMay 6, 2017
great atmosphere,,,great teams...great pay...the rotating schedule is a problem....job security...great history...great management..focused on quality.

A fun and productive place to work
Pros
4 day weekend
Cons
7 day rotation
a day full of hard work that pays off
regrade/Hyster driver (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MSMay 2, 2017
some days are good some days are bad but everyday being able to work at this job is a blessing......
I have been with Masonite for almost two years now and it has its good and bad times. Some days are line breaks down witch cause us not to be able to reach our goals for that day, but we are trained to get back on the right track rather the machines are down or not.
Pros
good people
unless you know someone
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Stanley, VAApril 28, 2017
unless you know someone in management it will be hard to move up the ladder or even advance at all...the workers are friendly the pay is pretty bad...its a good place if you need a quick job
laborer
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYApril 21, 2017
A typical work day at Masonite is going to work and never knowing when you were going home most days were 12 hours it is not the place you really want to work at they only care about doors and work you so hard that you don't know if you coming or going. the hardest part of the job is the bosses they blame you for doing things that you did not do and when you stand up for your self you get fired! If you go to work at Masonite you will see what I they stand with stop watch and time you if they are not happy with times you get fired. This is not a place you want to work at !
assembler
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXApril 11, 2017
good place to work, good relationships with people, good pay, home every night, good home/work life balance, healthcare is not offered. I LIKED LEARNING NEW THINGS.
It is factory work.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSApril 8, 2017
My managers were compassionate, yet stern and fair. Other departments had terrible leadership it seemed. The worst part about the job is the concrete floor and having to stand on it for a lengthy period of time.
Pros
No recordable accidents for 3 months gets the whole plant a free chicken dinner
Cons
The concrete floors
allowed to be yourself in the daily business
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  AR, Southwest MO, Northern LAApril 7, 2017
Being allowed by Masonite to develop my relationship with each store was very good for me. I enjoyed the interaction with each store. Getting to know each staff and talking to them about their strengths and weaknesses so I would know how to better train them to provide the necessary service to their customers to close the deal. Showing them how to upgrade each sale where they could make more commission was exciting for the associate.
Pros
Compensation for the work you do
Cons
Sometimes the every other week conference calls were a waste of timel.

Want to know more about Masonite?

Ask a question
Excellent Experience
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2017
During my time there everyone was great to work with and the opportunity was fantastic. Masonite is a great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone.
Not a good place to work.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Algoma, WIMarch 27, 2017
Constantly changing. Too high turnover. Hard to get much done when the players are changing so frequently. Quality suffers when you make so many mid stream changes. Sometimes it is easier to blame the players than it is to recognize it is a system problem.
Nice place, great people.
Bottom Man (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 10, 2017
Masonite was an experience. Made many of mistakes, was able to learn from them to. I had a lot of fun with a lot of nice people. Taught me about how people are and how things go. Treat others how you want to be treated. Mind your business. And if the pays good enough work your butt off.
Pros
money
Cons
Very fast paced kept time going fast
Trimsaw operator (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEMarch 10, 2017
Enjoyed Masonite for the most part just didn't get along with manager in my last department I worked. Was not allowed time off for my wedding which ended my employment.
Pros
Many departments to work in
Cons
Short breaks bad management
Lots of work, benefits.
Feeder/Middle Man (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Set up glue spreader make lots of doors. I learned how to make different kinds of doors. Management was hard, unforgiving and rude. work culture was terrible. The hardest part was dealing with the poor management, poor leadership. I only enjoyed the fact that it was steady work.
Pros
Steady work, good benefits.
Cons
Poor management
great
Assistant Operator trimsaw (Former Employee) –  Haleyville, ALFebruary 7, 2017
I loved working at masonite in haleyville best job I have had pay was good. I made 12.50$ an hour I worked nights I would go back tonight if they Chose to hire me
Pros
it was a job
Cons
breaks
Great atmospher
Senior .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 2, 2017
as they say hardwork pays off, well this company stands buy it. work hard and you will advance, very less redtape to worry about which is always a good thing in such a big company.. Never knew so much went into doing doors
Horrible management
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Haleyville, ALFebruary 1, 2017
This is the worst company i have evrr worked for the job itself is not thst bad but the management is very poor and disrespectful.
Productive, secure, financial stable, pleasant work place
PO 5 Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJanuary 13, 2017
Typical work day consist staging material on forklift, maintaining a clean and safe environment, working safely, with your team members
Pros
Benefits, pay
Manufacturing Environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MS 39440December 27, 2016
The people are very personable. Getting off for doctor appointments and activities with kids is easy. Flexible schedule. Typical 8-5. Month End is the busiest time of the month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masonite. Our community is ready to answer.