Mass Markets Employee Reviews

Loud place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 27, 2017
Very loud, fast paced environment. Too many people, talking at once in a very small spot. Misleading sales to the customers. Forced sales on customers.
Great Place
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 25, 2017
I really enjoy working for Mass Markets. Like any job there is going to be good and bad. I feel that there is more good. They have always been there to help me when I need. If I need time off, I just have to let them know. I can make up hours, make extra money, and have fun while doing it. I would recommend this place to anyone and have made lots of money referring people to work here!
Pros
free food, good laughs, good friendships
Cons
drama
Care About People, Amazing Bonus Plans & Flexible Shifts
Retail Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 24, 2017
This company cares about doing the right thing for the employee. The base pay is fair and the bonus potential is incredible. For people looking to move up, the growth sets a pretty compelling stage but it is up to you! It's amazing that they offer stock contracts to EVERY employee that is there for a year. I've never heard of any other company doing this, at least around here.
Pros
Bonus Plans, Stock Contract, Flexible
Cons
They need to add a video game or something to the break room. They only have a ping pong table.
Fast Paced
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 23, 2017
Mass Markets is a fast paced environment. I have been involved with sales based programs that have potential for decent compensation and recently i know the company has added more customer service based programs for people who may not like sales. Good atmosphere and company is always running contests to keep thing interesting.
Pros
high energy, many contests
Cons
unsure
Fun, High Energy, Great Enviorment
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 16, 2017
Great environment to work in, excellent co-workers.

Very competitive pay, I got paid weekly and bonus paid weekly too. Extremely flexible hours, always have help and answers for improvement from management.

The managers care about your goals and metrics as well as you as a person, I get asked daily how I am doing, plans with family, etc. very caring.
Pros
Free food, high pay, good site leadership
Cons
Sales, sometimes changes
Low Pay High Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 27, 2017
Not worth it.
The pay is awful.
The environment is hostile.
The managers pick favorites.
And the overall work place is just terrible.
I don't recommend working here
Productive Workplace with Lots of Team Building
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDSeptember 26, 2017
It was a very fun place to work. We had daily games and contests to encourage sales. The supervisors are always willing to help us grow and learn and are always giving those who earn it new opportunities to advance.
Pros
Good Insurance, Great Management, Flexible Breaks
Cons
Long Calls, High Quotas
Training
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJune 28, 2017
The training could have been better. Also lack of structure as far as enforcing company policies could be improved. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training.
shenanigans. and not the fun kind
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 31, 2017
they wont pay you. theyll claim theyre going to but they wont. if they give you giftcards, they tax you about 80% of the wal mart giftcard on your check.
dont even these guys are sheisters.
Productive, fun work environment and steady job
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMay 13, 2017
I actually loved working there. The bad thing is is that they said no criminal charges on background which means no felonys and they only give u a week to get stuff done if u have any and I didn't but they still lied and said criminal charges. They wanted me there but yet they said I only have a week to get stuff taken care of. Point is is that you should be more honest and specific
Pros
Discounts on certain products, good pay, health care optional and steady job
Cons
Not specific
Vice President of Sales (Consulting contract) (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 4, 2017
There is a lot of opportunity for career growth within the company. The company is growing fast and constantly expanding. Management is focused on making it a great place to work.
Pros
Leadership
Work experience
Supervisor 1 (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 3, 2017
Mass Markets is a great company to work for, unfortunately a lot of hours have been cut and will not change any time soon. Most employees there are quitting due to not able to meet their financial expectations, Management is great and very friendly.
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Hours reduced greatly
high over turn
TRAINING AND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 3, 2017
Working with this employment provided office skills
I managed a team of 21 agents
I trained 2 full classes of 10 agents or more
My obstacles were to take time away from work
I enjoyed the ability of always learning something new on the job.
Pros
Free Donuts and beverages for big sales days.
Cons
Alot of Over time and underappreciated
Cool
Management (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 1, 2017
Good culture overall
Decent pay
Commission is stack ranked based
Daily and weekly contests
Weekly commission and weekly pay cycles
Good opportunities for advancement
Management is fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 27, 2017
Management understands that you have a life outside of work. They work with your schedule. Its a great place to work. However the clients change and that can effect what you do or call on when you work there.
Pros
Cons
Clients change
Terrible place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 26, 2017
You do not make $14.50, you make minimum wage +commission. Your commission is not just based on a percentage of the sales you make either. Very unprofessional workplace!
Sales Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2017
Started with company expecting a customer service position, turned out it was sales labeled as customer service. They have a nice PTO, but recently changed policies to prevent PTO from being paid out when employees leave. Followed the proper procedures to have PTO for time following last working day (as allowed by company policies), but the company disregarded my two weeks notice and changed my official last day to a week prior as to cancel the PTO payout.

This company tends to find ways to not pay employees in compensation and other benefits. I have used this as a case example for many academic studies on what not to do in managing employees and workplaces.
Cons
Profit before people
awful work place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City IowaApril 3, 2017
The company isnt ran in a professional matter. the CEO treats his employees disrespectfully. The company doesnt care about family, that you may have children or that you need time off. It doesnt pay great and it doesnt recognize its employees like it should.
Pros
Cons
many
Fun Atmosphere
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 2, 2017
I love working for Mass Markets! The atmosphere is fun to work in and it feels like one big work family. It is a constantly changing environment since it is a call center. I go into work everyday with excitement!
very productive up beat place of employment
Customer Service Rep/ Sales (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 31, 2017
I enjoy working there and I enjoy going to work everyday good environment to be in very schedule oriented understanding good contest money to make everyday great pay outs
Pros
fun prizes you can win
Cons
health care is a little spendy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mass Markets. Our community is ready to answer.