Mass Markets Employee Reviews

Fun, High Energy, Great Enviorment
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAOctober 16, 2017
Great environment to work in, excellent co-workers.

Very competitive pay, I got paid weekly and bonus paid weekly too. Extremely flexible hours, always have help and answers for improvement from management.

The managers care about your goals and metrics as well as you as a person, I get asked daily how I am doing, plans with family, etc. very caring.
Pros
Free food, high pay, good site leadership
Cons
Sales, sometimes changes
Low Pay High Drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 27, 2017
Not worth it.
The pay is awful.
The environment is hostile.
The managers pick favorites.
And the overall work place is just terrible.
I don't recommend working here
Productive Workplace with Lots of Team Building
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDSeptember 26, 2017
It was a very fun place to work. We had daily games and contests to encourage sales. The supervisors are always willing to help us grow and learn and are always giving those who earn it new opportunities to advance.
Pros
Good Insurance, Great Management, Flexible Breaks
Cons
Long Calls, High Quotas
Training
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDJune 28, 2017
The training could have been better. Also lack of structure as far as enforcing company policies could be improved. The hardest part of the job was the lack of training.
shenanigans. and not the fun kind
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 31, 2017
they wont pay you. theyll claim theyre going to but they wont. if they give you giftcards, they tax you about 80% of the wal mart giftcard on your check.
dont even these guys are sheisters.
Productive, fun work environment and steady job
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMay 13, 2017
I actually loved working there. The bad thing is is that they said no criminal charges on background which means no felonys and they only give u a week to get stuff done if u have any and I didn't but they still lied and said criminal charges. They wanted me there but yet they said I only have a week to get stuff taken care of. Point is is that you should be more honest and specific
Pros
Discounts on certain products, good pay, health care optional and steady job
Cons
Not specific
Vice President of Sales (Consulting contract) (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 4, 2017
There is a lot of opportunity for career growth within the company. The company is growing fast and constantly expanding. Management is focused on making it a great place to work.
Pros
Leadership
Work experience
Supervisor 1 (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 3, 2017
Mass Markets is a great company to work for, unfortunately a lot of hours have been cut and will not change any time soon. Most employees there are quitting due to not able to meet their financial expectations, Management is great and very friendly.
Pros
Good Managment
Cons
Hours reduced greatly
high over turn
TRAINING AND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 3, 2017
Working with this employment provided office skills
I managed a team of 21 agents
I trained 2 full classes of 10 agents or more
My obstacles were to take time away from work
I enjoyed the ability of always learning something new on the job.
Pros
Free Donuts and beverages for big sales days.
Cons
Alot of Over time and underappreciated
Cool
Management (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 1, 2017
Good culture overall
Decent pay
Commission is stack ranked based
Daily and weekly contests
Weekly commission and weekly pay cycles
Good opportunities for advancement
Management is fantastic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 27, 2017
Management understands that you have a life outside of work. They work with your schedule. Its a great place to work. However the clients change and that can effect what you do or call on when you work there.
Pros
Cons
Clients change
Terrible place to work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 26, 2017
You do not make $14.50, you make minimum wage +commission. Your commission is not just based on a percentage of the sales you make either. Very unprofessional workplace!
Sales Oriented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2017
Started with company expecting a customer service position, turned out it was sales labeled as customer service. They have a nice PTO, but recently changed policies to prevent PTO from being paid out when employees leave. Followed the proper procedures to have PTO for time following last working day (as allowed by company policies), but the company disregarded my two weeks notice and changed my official last day to a week prior as to cancel the PTO payout.

This company tends to find ways to not pay employees in compensation and other benefits. I have used this as a case example for many academic studies on what not to do in managing employees and workplaces.
Cons
Profit before people
awful work place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City IowaApril 3, 2017
The company isnt ran in a professional matter. the CEO treats his employees disrespectfully. The company doesnt care about family, that you may have children or that you need time off. It doesnt pay great and it doesnt recognize its employees like it should.
Pros
Cons
many
Fun Atmosphere
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spearfish, SDApril 2, 2017
I love working for Mass Markets! The atmosphere is fun to work in and it feels like one big work family. It is a constantly changing environment since it is a call center. I go into work everyday with excitement!
very productive up beat place of employment
Customer Service Rep/ Sales (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMarch 31, 2017
I enjoy working there and I enjoy going to work everyday good environment to be in very schedule oriented understanding good contest money to make everyday great pay outs
Pros
fun prizes you can win
Cons
health care is a little spendy
call center work
Agent (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 23, 2017
Id come in and clock in everyone on the floor was super friendly and we all made sure to greet one and another as we came in. I learned a lot from this job from customer service to management. this company was great because its employees made it that way. Now as far as management goes and the CEO id have to say there was a lot of shady things in play there.
Pros
Had a market on the floor and ping pong table
Cons
management needed work
The positive reviews you see here? They're a lie.
Agent (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAFebruary 8, 2017
Now I'm not a negative person. In fact, I'm the most positive person I know, but this place? DON'T work here, its a black hole. An endless put to crawl out of. They switched campaign's, and almost ALL of the time its outbound calls. Often even dry cold calls, that's right. They try to be low key and go around ways of paying you everything earned, making your commission is next to impossible, the place was sometimes always dirty so thankfully someone is hired for cleaning probably now. Just please don't waste your time, its just like a fast food place in the way that it is ONLY temporary for you to be there. That place is a footstool until you can reach something better. Management doges your questions and they try to *aim* you, sugarcoating things to make it sound better, yet never truly answering your question. Aiming. Aside from all of that, at least the hours are manageable. So eh, that's all. That job is good for the management, but don't allow yourself to become an agent there. Don't put yourself through the torture. Also no, you don't get 14.50, or anything near 14 an hour, that is also a lie and it needs to stop. This company is all over the place because they are so false. Mass Markets was incredible UNTIL they switched district site managers.
Pros
The old site manager would accompany everyone with food often. That was swell.
Cons
Short breaks, management lies and will try to trick you, trainers do NOT know how to train you properly.
Iowa City Mass Markets
Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 24, 2017
Start the day with your supervisor greeting you, then having a pre-shift where they go over the numbers from yesterday then the games and the day begin.

Hourly sales pushes, you get to play games or some kind of contest as well for your sales.

Then the normal breaks and lunches.

Then the day is over hopefully you hit goal.

It is sales so it is very boring, but you should like winning.
Pros
great management, awesome co-workers, lots of different people
Cons
high paced sales
Clear Path for Growth
Director (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJanuary 24, 2017
Clear path for advancement, creative culture that fosters outside of the box thinking, strong history of promotion from within. Recognition events for employees held quarterly along with an array of benefits offerings.
Pros
Culture, growth, staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mass Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9