Mass Relevance

Mass Relevance Employer Reviews

Awesome team, amazing growth, always busy, always fun!
Senior Designer (Current Employee), AustinJuly 2, 2012
Pros: amazing team, collaborative open environment, free lunches, fun offsites, benefits
Cons: growth is fast, the office can feel packed and loud sometimes, but plans to move are in the works; very fast-paced, flexibility and ability to switch tasks quickly is required
After working for a global design consultancy on long projects with corporate clients that usually ended up not making it to market because of corporate engineering red tape, etc.—it's amazing to work at a company, where in any given week, we deliver on what might be tens of projects.

Whether it's sales, dev, design or marketing; we are all on the – more... same team and working towards a common goal, and collaborate closely. We work hard, but we also play hard. Fantastic Fridays give us a chance to relax once a month with a half day offsite, there's constantly a game of ping pong going on in the office, and we have lunch together which is provided in house by our very own startup chef.

We are growing rapidly, both in employees but more so in projects! We are going strong, and we need to hire! That is the ONLY reason for the one four star rating above—instead of 5 straight—but that's NOT a bad thing. Being busy is good, and Mass Relevance is great! – less
Absolutely great place to work and great team!
VP of Sales and Client Operations (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 27, 2012
Pros: ping pong table, free lunches, the clients, the team
Mass Relevance is growing extremely fast, right in the middle of all major TV shows, movies, sports leagues & teams, major events and the biggest brands in the world like Pepsi, GE, Victoria's Secret and Nike.

The pace is fast, it's a total team effort and the ping pong table is a major stress reliever. And it's hard to beat the company lunches cooked – more... by the Mass Relevance chef every day. – less
Stellar Engineers in a Low Stress Environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: low stress, great benefits
I've only been at Mass Relevance for a few months, but it's clear that there's a great team assembled here across all roles.

The Engineering team in particular has some of the brightest minds I've worked with. The efficient workflow is also fantastic, with almost no meetings. General direction is planned out, but if you find things that need to be – more... done, just jump in and tackle them.

The team's managers are also cofounders, and they continue to write code themselves, so they remain very in-tune with the level of effort on Engineering work.

While the team does have lots of work ahead, it's not a high-pressure environment, which is impressive for company this early on.

Overall, it's a fantastic place to work! – less
Best company I've worked for
Senior Web Developer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: free breakfast & lunch daily, abundant free snacks, monthly celebratory field trip, flexible work arrangements, birthday cake, ping pong table, wii, macbook air, apple thunderbolt display, great co-workers
Cons: slightly cramped space (temporary), ridiculously-skilled ping pong competition, sometimes loud/busy in office
Mass Relevance is an Austin-based startup that's breaking ground in a rapidly-growing segment of the social media market. The company is expanding quickly, but smartly, and has no plans to slow down anytime soon.

As with many startups, the atmosphere is exciting and energetic, even slightly chaotic (in a good way). An open office layout lends itself – more... to easy communication, albeit sometimes at the expense of concentration. Fortunately, there are quiet spaces to retreat to, and the flexible work arrangements make it easy to work remotely on occasion when you need to bear down and finish a project.

The executive team is A+, and will undoubtedly make the best decisions to grow the company to its full potential. The team is young, intelligent, spirited, friendly, and cooperative. Product development is a very self-guided affair, with a healthy blend of delegation and guidance/feedback/direction. I find this very refreshing after having worked for at least one company that treated developers as commodities.

Internal meetings are few, and the company culture values working hard toward tangible results with minimal administrative/bureaucratic roadblocks. Days are usually spent working independently at desks, broken up with a communal lunch, plentiful games of ping pong, occasional hijinks, and chatting with coworkers as needed to realize projects.

The hardest part of the job is achieving world-class results with limited resources. However, as an employee, the odds are stacked in your favor - it's a wonderful environment for delivering your best work. – less
Awesome team, great atmosphere, insane benefits
Sr. Software Engineer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: catered lunch every day, ping pong table in the office, team outings one friday each month
The team at Mass Relevance is undoubtedly the most talented and dedicated that I've worked with in my career. Every person has the opportunity to see how their work makes a direct impact on the success of the company.

While there are the "start-up" perks of a ping pong table and catered lunch every day, we also take outings as a team one Friday each – more... month. The management believes strongly that investing in the happiness of employees is reflected in outstanding work and therefore the happiness of customers.

The work is challenging, and the atmosphere of a young company that's about to grow very rapidly is intoxicating. Working for Mass Relevance is the start-up experience that I've been looking for. – less
Rapidly Growing Startup Company. Fun Atmosphere
CTO (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2012
Top quality gear, lunch 5 days a week, ping pong and beer. Mass Relevance has it all, but that's pretty much par for the course for a startup these days.

Challenging problems, incredible scale, the latest technology, rapid growth and an interesting market are what make Mass Relevance a great company to work for.

Challenging problems: 400 million+ – more... social media posts a day. All processed as fast as possible, typically in under 1 second.

Incredible scale: Generating over 25,000 requests a second during peak events. Your work WILL be seen by many.

Latest Technology: Amazon AWS, Ruby/Rails, Scala, and the latest in front-end web development.

Rapid Growth: Massive quarter over quarter growth. From 4 to 40 people in 1.5 years. – less

About Mass Relevance

Mass Relevance is a social integration platform enabling producers and marketers to aggregate, filter, and integrate real-time – Read more

Mass Relevance Photos