Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority Employee Reviews

team player environment
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2017
productive and fun place to work
you are encourage to work as a team
good benefits
management is very supportive
a lot of room for advanement
A working environment that provides great opportunities for adavancement in experiance
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2017
A typical day would be as soon as I punch in I take the next patient to start the process of their fit for work physicals. I've learned an increased ability to work as a team of diverse individuals. The hardest part of the job is not having memorized the text books amount of policies, procedures and regulations when certain instances arrive but that is eased by knowing where to locate the information when needed. The most enjoyable part of my job is being apart of a team that helps keep the public transportation safe.
Pros
With time and experience comes the opportunities for advancement
Cons
With salary pay rate their is no option for overtime wages
Environment becoming extremely difficult to be able to achieve positive results.
Accountant III - Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2017
The current environment of the workplace is different than in years past and it's not a positive one. It's becoming more difficult each day to achieve the results I want.
Full Time Street Car Operator
STREETCAR MOTORPERSON (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2016
Loading and unloading passengers. Collecting fares and maintaining order and safety transporting passenger from originating location to destination. It has been become clear that people are all different and that difference is what we must truly embrace and appreciated. The management has a difficult job in trying to maintain order and discipline among the employees while trying to meet the goals of the upper management. My coworkers sometime reflect the attitude of the management, which is not always positive. However, they do their job and for the most part safety complete their day. The most difficult aspect of my job is the rotating shift, which is not conducive to their family work life balance. The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction of knowing I have done my best to safety complete my trip from start to its completion.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life balance
it's a job
Webmaster/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 8, 2016
it's a job adventure good benefits people are good, too many politics free transportation commuter rail subways buses ferry
Meh
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
Great money and very good benefits. Drove a bus for years and it is by far the most stressful job Ive ever had. Sick all the time and you HAVE to work split shifts. Management is worthless and you are nothing but a number to them. Considered Emergency Personnel so you are required to work during storms and state emergencies.
great
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2015
Transported disabled and elderly clients to different location throughout New England
Responsible for safety and well being of clients while being transported
Physically assisted clients in boarding and un-boarding transportation vehicle
Was responsible for physical and technical maintenance of vehicle
Design and construction assistance
design construction (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2015
This one of the best company i worked. My boss was the great boss and my co-workers are really helpful. Everyday i learned something for my work.
Office of administration
contractor (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MADecember 1, 2015
I enjoy working for the director of Administration , she is very professional and knows exactly what she is doing. Working within operations has taught many things on how the public transit works.
Its a nice play to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlestown GarageAugust 18, 2015
I work for the director of Administration at the MBTA and I am learning alot. The atmosphere is productive and the people are friendly .
Productive workplace
Student Intern - Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2015
I enjoyed the past years I have been interning with the MBTA. This company promotes hard work, and pushes its employees to be better.
Perform daily customer service while transporting passengers to designated areas
Bus Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 14, 2015
Very good job…I have been working here part time for past year while hoping to maintain a position that allows me to continue pursuing other aspirations/dreams.
Pros
Decent pay; Viewed as great career
Cons
6 hour daily break
Terrible management, drama filled workplace
HR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 6, 2015
Very hostile enviroment, lack of management. Cutthroat co-workers. Union issues constantly.There are opportunities to move into other jobs within the authority once you are in.
Horrible Horrible work environment.
Spare Inspector / Bus Operations (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 9, 2015
This company does not respect humanity, they treat everyone like a number. They offer 12 sick days a year but you get punished if you use them. A very hostile work environment. I have never had a job that from the day they hire employees, they look for reasons to fire them. The pay is about the only thing positive I can say about this job.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything but pay
Wonderful atmosphere for learning and gaining experience.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2015
I interned with the MBTA during the summer and everyone I worked with was more than welcoming and helpful. I learned more than I could ever have hoped to learn during my first internship. I will remember these thing throughout my career wherever it takes me!
Knowledge Building
Document Control Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2014
This Job is just scanning documents from a dozen archived contracts for the MBTA.
Motor Person, Red Line/Customer Service Representative
Redline Motorperson/ CSA (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2014
•Assists in the delivery of efficient and high quality customer service and safety at the MBTA

•Oversees passenger safety, as well as the observance of vehicle systems

•Operates rapid transit vehicles along an assigned line on a prescribed schedule

*Looking to pursue, jobs in my field the align with my Major in Communication
n/a
Customer Support/Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2014
Regular work day with management and co-workers.
Answer calls and record inquiries for customer.
Attend weekly meeting to go over updates and trends.
Great company with amazing workers
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2013
I learned a lot about human resources from this internship and the different parts that make it up. I enjoyed working with others within the department as well as employees and retirees from the different departments that made up the company.
Pros
In the city, accessible
Cons
Short breaks
Could do better with Employee Moral
Supervisor of Operations Control Center I (Current Employee) –  45 High St. Boston Ma.August 30, 2013
Great job for a secure career but not good on compensating employee due wages for perfomance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9