Massachusetts College of Art and Design Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I LOVED being a Primer
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
As an orientation leader (Primer) at MassArt, a typical day consisted of leading a group of freshmen in icebreaker activities and tours of campus. I made a lot of new friends through this job, though it was only for two weeks of the year and doesn't pay very well, it's a good chance to assume a leadership role and be a mentor to new students.
Great
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2017
Learn a lot from MassArt.This class is designed to provide students at any level with a calm, peaceful environment in which to capture the joy of making art with the essential Zen culture. The class will start with a 3 mins meditation to help students unwind from their day.We will use organic forms of flowers, shells, stones and other natural materials for the students to paint. During the class, the instructor will guide students using the behavior of painting to feel the harmony with nature. We will not only study the formal oil painting issues such as color, space composition, observation but also provide a place to gain a spiritual experience that focused on calmness, simplicity, and self-growth.
Productive and fun
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
Giving tours has taught me about helping people. I know when I first toured this school that the person giving the tour had a big say in how the environment of the school was which influenced me to come here.
MassArt is awesome! Public institution with minimal money to spare
Form Study Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston MADecember 2, 2016
MassArt is a great place to work! I am a recent alumni and I love the culture and community at MassArt. I only wish this school had more hours to give me and more money to pay me!
Administrative Assistant ! Financial Office (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work. Great work environment. Great student and staff :). !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently temping at this position and I would love to stay if they would have me
Scattered dept. heads, admin and limited resources overshadow an otherwise great teaching experience.
Adjunct Animation Instructor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2015
I worked as an Adjunct Faculty in the Animation department for a semester. Working with the students is very fulfilling. However, the department head and my supervisor were extremely uncommunicative and refused to field questions or provide any feedback on performance. HR is very impersonal, and do expect mistakes from the bursar's office.
Creative and exciting world to be part of!
Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2015
Art and Design--A wonderful ambience in which to work! I constantly felt the energy and creative juices of both staff, faculty and students. in general, it was an very uplifting and rarified atmosphere to be in.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2015
Students are encouraged to work on campus. Great opportunity to learn and also practice teaching skills before the full time job.
Great student workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2015
The faculty and staff at MassArt are encouraging of students to work on campus and are understanding of needing flexible schedules due to classes and workload.
quiet and productive work environment
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 2, 2014
typical work day at MassArt entails sitting at my desk with my daily tasks to complete on my own without much supervision. I learned how to better manage my time and organizational skills. Management was very relaxed here, you were given your tasks and then left alone to complete them. The hardest part of my internship was finding enough work to do each day.
A very creative place to work.
Institutional Advancement Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2013
Working at MassArt was definitely an amazing experience. I had the opportunity to be around tons of creative college students, participate in college events, and work hard to make sure I got the job done. My colleagues were very intelligent and always looked out for me as more than an employee. Overall, it is a great place to be employed.
On foot Patrols
Campus Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MaJune 3, 2012
Good Department. Growing Department. Still needs improvements in some area. Overall, great place to work.
Pros
training
A multi racial environment full of joy and loving work!
Professor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2012
Working at massachusetts College of Art and design has been the best thing that has happened to me over the last five years. it is a vibrant place that nobody who has been there can never forget!
It offers opportunities to teach, but also many to learn more and more in different fields of education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massachusetts College of Art and Design. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3